HR manages the systems centrally from global headquarters in the US. We …
Individual goal setting (32)
Performance tracking (32)
Review reminders (32)
Review status tracking (30)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Saba offers an organically built cloud-based talent management suite — Saba TalentSpace™ — that promises to reinforce and drive higher employee performance across all talent programs — whether that is recruiting, performance management, learning and development, succession planning or compensation.
TalentSpace provides end-to-end, fully integrated applications that were designed to organically support optimal employee performance. The vendor says each module works together to streamline talent management operations, while also aligning a company's workforce with their business strategy. The software offers industry-specific solutions to address the unique requirements and challenges of mid-size companies in healthcare, professional services, manufacturing, the public sector and more.
Fully featured, TalentSpace is a comprehensive performance management software offering a consistent and user-friendly interface. The vendor says its powerful, yet simple-to-use solutions are used by organizations that want to build a world-class workforce that is aligned, inspired and focused on delivering exceptional results.
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Subordinate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Manager note taking
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Instant, social feedback and recognition: Use Feedback Central™ to capture in-the-moment coaching tips, feedback and recognition from managers, peers, HR teams. Convert emails into feedback entries and share feedback anytime, anywhere using your mobile phone or tablet.
- Supported: Detailed employee appraisals: Managers have quick fingertip access to all the information they need — from feedback, results from self-evaluations, multirater assessments and past appraisals, talent profiles, employee goals and development plans, to Halogen 1:1 Exchange™ meeting minutes. TalentSpace Performance comes with nearly 5,000 preconfigured performance comments and coaching tips to modify, or you can create your own.
- Supported: Competency management: Easily evaluate your employees' demonstration of key competencies, build your competitive advantage and help define your culture — your way. Use our extensive competency library (which includes Lean competencies), yours, or one of the third-party libraries available with TalentSpace Performance.
- Supported: Goal management: With TalentSpace, link individual goals to the organizational goals they support, so employees have 20/20 vision into the value and relevance of their work. Then easily track and communicate progress on goals at every level
- Supported: Career and development planning: Create career and professional development plans as part of your employee performance management process whenever you identify a learning need. Tie development plans and activities directly to competencies, for greater context, or set them independently to support career aspirations and/or goal performance.
- Supported: Real-time reporting: You can also pinpoint the status of every appraisal, track progress on goals, identify development needs across the organization, compare and calibrate performance ratings, identify top performers and those at risk, and more.
- Oracle DMP (Bluekai)
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||50%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Executive Team now has a clear view into which employees' goals are linked to corporate objectives. This allows them to track project completion, resources needed, etc.
- Processes are automated, which has saved the company substantial amount of money in HR resources to manage the review process.
- Negative Impact has been how costly this solution ended up being since they charge you for everything. Training should not be an additional cost IMO.
- We have had to manually download (one by one) all of our reviews to save them locally, which was a major time suck.
- While it is an expensive tool to use, it has made the process streamlined and efficient.
- Reduced expenses.
- Employee satisfaction.
- Made the actual process become almost run-rate. Very easy to maintain and duplicate year after year with new users - PRO.
- Very difficult to customize as we change our needs. Any change typically requires more $ and time with a CSM which we can rarely land so we find alternatives - CON.
- Drives our incentive program and it does a good job at exporting final data.
- Decrease in overhead spent to maintain training records.
- Increase in mandatory training items complete (reduces risk).
- Decrease in training hours spent in classrooms (due to blended learning opportunities).
- I think the positive impact is keeping evaluations consistent so that you can consistently track job performance.
- Negative impact is the self-performance aspect can seem very repetitious, especially if your job doesn't change much year to year.
- Overall, I think it's positively impacted the company. It may seem a tedious thing to do each year, but it keeps evals consistent in a way that I think Faculty evaluations are lacking. (I don't believe they use Halogen, I think it's only staff that do).
- Prior to purchasing TalentSpace our organization didn't have a performance appraisal process. Using this tool has helped our organization create a structured PA process that is consistent and expected by our team members.
- Increased 1:1 Meetings
- Increased feedback company wide
- Majority of employees have goals and development plan
- It has allowed us to provide 1:1s with employees in-between reviews, therefore, ensuring employees are receiving additional trainings as needed.
- Assist in overall tracking of performance of employees collectively
- Cost-savings - our cost per user has gone dramatically down from our previous provider.
- Consistency of performance process throughout the company
- The reduction in the time it takes for Managers to complete their performance reviews.
- The total number of completed reviews, as it is now easier to track and follow-up with users and provide hard deadlines for completion as the system does not have date flexibility.
- Because we have multiple locations, Halogen has allowed us to deliver training across the business without sending people to job sites to deliver it, saving us money and time on travel.
- More performance reviews are being done on a yearly basis, which is great for employees and managers to address and receive recognition for accomplishments, as well as set goals for the next year.
- Reports are easy and trackable - company is able to see trends
- Notifications reminders are fantastic, save managers time
- The negative impact has been the way the pricing has been set up for additional licenses being needed.
- We would love to as a company extend Halogen to our Non-Staff associates, instead of just staff. However, we know the cost would be very expensive. We have about 3000 Non-Staff employees compared to the almost 150-200 Staff employees that we have.
- It has had a positive impact by allowing our employees to view their goals and manage their performance throughout the year.
- The negative is that there are some modules we pay for that we have never used.
- A singular way to deliver sales training and on-boarding. It has decreased total time to productivity.
- Since Halogen has been in place since before I started with the company, I can't give a fair assessment on ROI for pre-Halogen and post-Halogen.
- All positive - we now have job descriptions for every position and our team members are having meaningful conversations with their management about their performance.
- It has provided a way to efficiently monitor and report development progress
- It has also created a need for a position that primarily focuses on Halogen administration.
- Paperless and all at one place performance reviews
- It brings our global business closer together because it allows managers who oversee people in different regions to be in-tune with that employee's goals and they can track their progress during the appraisal process.
- It has cut the time spent discussing promotions in half since we now have data in hand.
- This data includes not only numerical scores but subjective, objective, and constructive narratives.
- Although there was a larger cost upfront with the implementation of Halogen Talent Space, the additional flexibility and capabilities that were gained in the process have made a large difference given the return on investment.
- This has streamlined our review process which is something everyone usually dreads