Learning content (27)
Progress tracking & certifications (27)
Compliance management (28)
Course catalog or library (28)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Saba Cloud, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Saba delivers a cloud-based Intelligent Talent Management solution used by organizations worldwide to hire, develop, and engage their people. With machine learning at its core, Intelligent Talent Management offers proactive, personalized recommendations on candidates, connections and content that aim to facilitate leadership decisions and organizational success. Saba’s approach and talent management apps — recruiting, learning, performance, compensation, succession and planning — incorporate machine learning technology, social, collaboration and mobile capabilities.
Saba Learning, a key piece of the talent management suite, includes a unified Learning Management System (LMS) with virtual classroom, assessment, social, collaborative, mobile, and gamificiation capabilities. It aims to provide superior regulatory compliance, training eCommerce, extended enterprise, leadership development, on-the-job training, and other learning activities.
The whole Intelligent Talent Management solution is powered by Saba Cloud, a highly scalable platform that the vendor promises exceeds industry security and reliability standards. Saba has 4,000 customers and 31 million users across 195 countries and 37 languages. The vendor's goal with the product is to help brands adapt to the future of work by enabling continuous learning, engagement and development of everyone in their people network, including employees, partners and customers.
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Compliance tracking and reporting
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Subordinate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Plan weighting
- Supported: Manager note taking
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Rater nominations
- Supported: Rater nomination workflow
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Workflow restrictions
- Supported: Review transfer
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Employee profiles
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate add
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Customized Application Form
- Supported: Resume Management
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Candidate Search
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Collaboration
- Supported: Email Templates
- Supported: User Permissions
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Compliance management
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: Live online learning
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
- Supported: Social learning
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||15%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||85%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Modern Greek (1453-), Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese|
- User friendliness
- Flexibility of use
- Enormous opportunities
- Comprehensive learning profiles
- Certification and recertification
- Curricula building
- Adaptive notifications
- Managing automated learning assignments
- Presenting learning in various modalities
- Ease of updating materials in all formats
- Continued improvement of admin interface
- Reduction of steps to make changes to courses
- Ease of setting up and maintaining Workspaces
- Mobile app
- Saba community is very helpful.
- Testing abilities.
- Making the system a little more user-friendly.
- Background settings easier to understand and customize.
- Responds to team members
- Provides helpful tutorials
- Provides reviews that will help others in deciding what or how to do something
- Possibly a quicker response from our account manager
- More detailed instructions on how to's
- Creating our website was a tad more advanced than most applications we use
It provides a glitch-free LMS which enables us to complete our learning & development quite efficiently. In addition, Saba also offers free webinars and plenty of useful blog posts, many of which are downloaded and shared among the employees of our organization. Saba is highly engaging, and it helps in tracking, monitoring and reminding users who need to undertake certain trainings for both compliance as well as their individual development plans. Saba has been continuously evolving, and is highly customer-friendly, which help us troubleshoot whatever problem that arises during learning. I have heard from many of my colleagues that they are finding it much easier to use Saba cloud from their homes, which is a huge plus in this challenging time.
- Great platform
- Quick customer service
- Provides benchmarks
- Transversality across devices' platform
- User interfaces
Since I have been using Saba only since 2019, I do not know much to think of where it is less appropriate. No complaints so far.
- Analytics is essential to meet compliance standaards
- Creating learning paths, certifications and tracking certifications of a wide variety.
- Communication with a diverse and large group of staff
- Improves our overall connection with remote sites.
- In the certification process, it only lets us do look back days it would be very beneficial to have a look backdate. Our services have a training year from July 1, thru June 30 and we assign training to services that are required by federal and state laws to be completed annually. During the pandemic we found a lot of staff taking jobs in other areas and still in their original position and then back again. If we assigned someone HIPAA training and they took this on July 4 and then in October went to a different service line the training plan would ask them to retake HIPAA. It would not pick up the one on July 3. That is the only real issue but it is a large one.
- The application has a section that can provide a customizable and complete learning that allows us to visualize any type of information or data that is needed internally or that we need to provide to our clientele.
- Saba Cloud provides us with a fairly simple and up-to-date training and learning platform. Which allows anyone related to the company; as customers or internal staff can access and orient themselves with the information.
- Saba Cloud is very punctual and accurate with regular updates to its platform, it has an analytical algorithm that can adapt to any need or vicissitude that may arise in its use and then fix it.
- Saba Cloud's ability to generate learning and training paths has completely helped us to establish very high standards of performance and effectiveness within the organization's staff.
- With the reporting tool, the application has provided us with the opportunity to set a learning deadline and capture the effectiveness in metrics that are very compatible with the effectiveness of the information provided by our leadership groups.
- The application is very effective in dealing with customer complaints when they present problems with their platform, when a problem occurs, the application applies the necessary changes within a month so that the error is not repeated.
- Although the usability to load course information is very simple, we have problems to load or customize SCORM, AIC and CAN in the training modules so that later we get results in the reports properly.
- Saba Cloud allows to generate customizable and automatic emails, however, it has certain flaws when customizing these emails, we believe that it should have options such as sending scheduling.
- This tool has the problem of limiting the number of reports we can generate. Saba Cloud only allows us to generate a number of 9 reports every 24 hours, if the limit is met we must wait considerably which delays or limits our productivity.
- Easy to implement.
- Access anywhere.
- Customized reporting.
- New user login can be a messy task.
- Pop up windows do not work well in some environments.
- More streamlined delivery of content.
- Provides an overview of your teams progress
- Keeps us engaged and interacting with one another through the various social features
- Provides detailed reporting data
- Some of the html editing features can be a bit cumbersome and difficult to understand
- Saba Analytics for learning are comprehensive and customizable allowing us to view any variety of data we need internally or need to provide to our customers.
- Support has been amazing throughout our time with Saba. We have always been able to work quickly with someone to develop a new process or obtain guidance on a new feature.
- Saba Cloud delivers training in a clear and modern format, allowing customers to easily access and consume training.
- Saba Cloud also provides regular system updated which reflect the needs of their customer base.
- It is hard to pinpoint something like this as most items are addressed during their quarterly updates so they are not missing items for long!
- Allows managers to assign courses to their employees
- Allows our organization to integrate LinkedIn Learning and Zoom
- Enables our organization to run reports on course completions
- Reporting options - would like to see enhanced capabilities as some of our needs are not met
- Providing opportunities to create videos within the system, rather than upload existing ones into Saba
- Less cumbersome process to create a course and class
- Saba Meeting
- Prescriptive rules
- User Interface
- Saba Connetor for Workday needs to be able to customize
- Creating due dates based on hire date in the prescriptive rule. For example, hire date +3 is the due date. We can only build the rule from the event date when the employee is added to Saba.
The data from the Saba Workday connector was sub-par. We could not customize to get it to pull the data we needed from Workday on future hires. It was also a struggle with Leave of Absence data. We ended up writing custom integrations in Workday to handle the data.
We tried to bring certifications back into Workday from Saba. The setting is to bring all or nothing. We only want to bring certs for about 10 training and cannot customize this in any way so had to build a report and process in Workday manually.
Also very easy to configure home page changes and updates.
- Captures feedback; available to pull feedback into performance reviews
- Tracks goals and progress toward completion in an easy-to-use/read format
- Accessing learning activities is not easy/straightforward. From your homepage, you click on the task, it opens up learning activity detail, then you click OK. Then it takes you to your task list where you hit play. Would be more convenient if you could launch the activity from the homepage.
- Goals: setting status and selecting on track, at risk, etc., seems redundant.
- LMS is easy to learn, implement, and use on a daily basis
- The ability to create learning paths has helped us put career progression paths in place for our employees.
- Reporting capabilities have allowed us to present real-time learning metric date to our leadership teams.
- While the reporting is good, there is room for improving the details of the reports that are generated.
- The course upload process is very easy, but we have continued to have issues with how we can load (type, SCORM, AIC, TIN CAN) our modules and get proper tracking and reporting.
- While we have had no real issues with the level of customer service that we receive, we have had times where it did fall short and where we felt they should step up and do more, but they did not and challenged our internal IT capabilities.
While we only use the Learning Module currently, we find that it's very complete for our simple needs, and easy to maintain and manage in individual business units. We are using it for assessments, content deployment, and also the meeting capabilities, including full support of remote learning for both onboarding and existing agent uptraining.
- Saba Meeting - Engagement Tools make learning fun, and make it easy to check in on learners understanding
- Great Marketplace connectors to many of the leading and up and coming partners in learning and workforce/HR management.
- Customization experience to match our brand and employee skill set.
- Analytics - I can tell at a glance if my training is being utilized, and if it's efficient and meeting our time/budget allocations
- Content repository management/Manager functions - without some of the other modules, what a people manager would actually do in Saba is limited. This makes it difficult to get manager buy in for the tool, and results in the training team manually assigning learning, checking completion, etc.
- Support Tool- Admin support is done in another tool, which can't be accessed directly from Saba.Availability of support team in real-time.
- Meeting Connector can be difficult to get auto-deployed to virtual desktops.
- OOB GUI - The GUI is customizable, but to make something really pop, it requires a lot of technical skill
Saba is great if you are bringing your own content! The Repository function makes it very easy to locate your content and assign it to a class. Saba is also great if you are delivering the same course content over and over again. Saba is less effective, for us, when we are training an individual course. The setup time is great, compared to the net gain, if we're only talking 3-10 employees, one time.
- Saba Cloud is fairly useful out of the box with little adjustments.
- Saba Cloud has a simple interface.
- Saba Cloud has decent admin training for current users.
- Though simple, the interface is antiquated.
- The Saba Cloud app lacks some of the refinement and features of its competitors.
- The Saba Cloud user interface is fairly spartan in design, lacking options to modify appearance.
- Ease of use navigating the planning module.
- Intuitive tools to develop enriched hierarchy presentations.
- Baseball card feature provides an effective drill-down method to view additional information.
- HTML 5 Version of the Planning Module is unusable.
- The user access administration section feels clunky.
- Develop report/tools for user auditing purposes.
- Integration is the key. You can connect learning to performance to succession and career mapping.
- You can control the user experience with your own branding and personalize the experience based on an employee's personal attributes.
- Saba listens to the voice of the customer and works hard to partner with its clients. They've helped us in a crunch time by changing some of the performance functionality that was not working the way we needed it to. We had 22,000 reviews due within about 6 weeks when we discovered the glitch. They really pulled through for us!
- I'd like to see Saba dynamically refresh talent pools based on current demographic data, as well as offer the ability to create pool templates.
- The ability to generate customized emails more easily would be nice.
- There shouldn't be an imposed limit on the number of reports an organization can create.
- SABA is cloud-based and easy to install into any organization.
- It is perfect for large organizations and there are several packages that will allow any level of optimization.
- Easy to set up courses without an LMS admin.
- I think SABA's only real flaw is that it is mainly designed for larger organizations.
- Saba listens to its clients and makes enhancements to the system based on client feedback. Their support teams are knowledgeable and eager to find solutions to their clients' needs.
- Saba offers tons of free training online and job aids in addition to their Boot Camps, Conferences, and Regional User Group meetings, including many training opportunities when updates are coming. Saba has an active customer community which includes insights, tips, sharing, and solutions from Saba staff as well as Saba clients.
- The flexibility of the system means it can be used for more than assigning certain training modules. The Workspaces functionality can be used as a corporate intranet system where info-sharing, document sharing, community activities, and more can take place. The integration of multiple HR systems makes it easy to keep team member records up-to-date. The Meeting system can be used for corporate meetings, not just training. Saba continually reaches out to training, HRIS, and other partners to integrate their systems through the Marketplace connector. And, for those who sell content or training, the E-Commerce module is available and integrated into the system.
- Although their Analytics module has over 200 out-of-the-box reports, most report users find they have to create their own to drill down to the details they need. Each new release adds more fields or chart options, but there is still more room for improvement.
- Implementation was aggressive and didn't include administrator training until the end. I definitely recommend new clients get training before starting the process.
Additional modules, such as Recruiting, Performance, and Succession Planning, in the Saba Cloud platform, can be added to support a team member from Hire to Retire.
- Virtual platform integration - Live classroom learning is very costly & inefficient across large geography like Canada. Virtual ILT provides a great alternative.
- Excellent custom configuration opportunities. Yet at the same time regular platform enhancements and updates.
- Amazing user support, both formally and informally though customer communities and user groups.
- Security roles can be challenging to administer, especially when components are completely exposed to edit for criteria-based roles.
- Skills Management - Saba has allowed us to set specific expectations for employees based upon their role, and this has clarified the skill requirements for employees.
- Goal Management - With Saba, managers can easily create goals aligned up to senior leadership, and then work with their direct reports to create supporting goals.
- Learning Management - Using Saba's built-in Smart Lists, assigning compliance training is a simple process that used to be a challenge in our former LMS.
- Simplify the creation of a learning event. Right now, it seems to be over-engineered, which might work for some organizations, but is not great for our organization.
- Minor tweaks with goal management, such as being able to copy goals from one employee to another, or for a goal assigned to multiple individuals, the ability to make a change to one individual, and the change carries over to the other individuals.
- Recurring courses, we use this on the LMS side to assign training that must be repeated each year, every other year or third year and so on.
- Reporting, we use the max number of reports allowed.
- Performance Evaluations
- Event triggers and notifications, not bad just could better.