Reviews (1-4 of 4)
February 17, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Sage 100 Contractor is currently being used by the admin and management of the organization. The field employees do not have access to the software. Sage 100 Contractor is our ERP. We use the GL, AP, AR, PR, and JC modules. Sage 100 C provides solutions to job costing. In the construction industry, it is important to follow budgets vs. actual costs, and Sage 100 Contractor helps us achieve this need.
- Sage integrates very well with our field time tracking software called Exaktime. We import the start/end time card data that includes job costs directly to the PR module which greatly reduces the time it takes to process payroll.
- Sage 100 C payroll calculations and WC/GL overhead calculations are easy to use and understand. The WC/GL overhead calculations are posted to project costs in real-time allowing for accurate total cost reporting of the project.
- Sage could do a better job with developing canned reports. We spent a lot of time in our office building reports Sage considers custom but could be canned.
- In some instances, vendor transactions are supposed to be 1099'd, and other transactions are not. In Sage, there is no way to identify a transaction as exempt from 1099 for a vendor that is typically issued one.
Sage 100 Contractor is a great solution for contractors. In the construction industry, many companies fail because they are not tracking actual costs to budget. Sage 100 allows for this tracking. It enables a contractor to identify where change orders might be applicable.
Read Tina Antolik's full review
If we ever have issues with Sage 100, the live chat is an awesome tool. However, most of our live chat inquiries are not because of the issues we have, but more for us to better understand how we are supposed to use the software. Sometimes we ask ourselves "what if we" and if we need guidance, the live chat will provide us with the answers or resources to figure out what we need. They always follow up to ensure the problems we encounter have been fixed. If our issue is an indicator of an upgrade that could be made, Sage 100 C offers a way to submit the idea for review and improvement of the software.
We use Sage to do our bookkeeping, taxes and payroll. We integrate it with Sage Timesheets so we have smooth processing of our payroll. It is a great program if doing federal contracting because most of the auditors love it over most other programs.
- Payroll processing using Sage Timesheets. Makes online timesheets available to an employee anywhere he/she has an internet connection. This results in better record keeping.
- Project costing. Between what I do in Sage and what I do in Sage Timesheets, I can project cost in minutes instead of making the data work in the clumsy and time consuming way it is done using just the Sage 50 or 100.
- Project reporting is now streamlined using the same pairing of software.
- Making time and material billings easier by complying with my proposal requirements.
- Reducing the cost of support, since I hardly use it.
- I don't like the reviews since we do a lot of small projects along with some big ones. Billings or invoices from vendors that have the same amount always trigger a question. Therefore I don't do the reviews anymore. It's so much nothing.
Read Katherine McGookey's full review
It is well suited to anyone who has experience with a variety of accounting software, or someone who has a mathematics degree, as I do, and software is just a simple puzzle. I would say based on the cost, it would be best for a company that knows it's going to have a large client base and or government contracts. A small business starting out would be good but could be overkill for the first year.
Sage 100 is currently being used by our human resources and accounting departments for payroll, invoicing, job cost reporting. The estimating staff uses the project take-offs feature to create estimates, field reports and proposals for that become a part of our prime contract. The project management uses the document control section for communication with the client. Change orders are created in Sage as well
- Job Cost Summary's are automatically updated and the user can drill down into the costs which is very helpful.
- Committed Cost Reports are very helpful in forecasting where our jobs will end up.
- The customization allows you to manipulate reporting and other features to suit your needs.
- The Equipment management feature needs some serious updates. Searching for specific equipment shouldn't be this difficult. Example Lets say I'm looking for a "12' step ladder". If don't type in the name of the item exactly it will not return. So if I searched for "ladder" or "step ladder" my "12' step ladder" would not appear.
- The entire system is not very intuitive or user friendly. At least not what you would expect from a sophisticated program in 2017
- Needs a mobile application
Read this authenticated review
Our accounting people are fine with it as they like the reporting features, so it would probably work well for someone just looking for those aspects. Our estimating department feels it is way behind the times and they are currently looking for other options. The production staff doesn't like it at all.
September 06, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Sage 100 is used as our accounting management software at my company. It is used company wide in all departments and divisions. We manage multiple individual businesses with this program. It solves all the problems that arise with job specific costs and accounting.
- Job specific accounting. Utilizing cost codes and tracking labor.
- Drilling down into reports to see actual transactions.
- Client invoicing.
- It does not have marketing functions that allow you to keep track of clients.
- It does not allow you to input material lists and prices.
Read this authenticated review
It is a great accounting program for construction general contractors. It's not great for subcontractors as the dispatching system could use some work as well as the service work module.
Sage 100 Contractor Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Sage 100 Contractor?
Sage 100 Contractor is a construction accounting and project management software. It is intended to provide management capabilities across a construction project lifecycle. These services include estimating, accounting, project management, and service management. Sage 100 also provides industry-specific reporting for business and project visibility.
Sage 100 Contractor Integrations
Sage 100 Contractor Technical Details
Frequently Asked Questions
Sage 100 Contractor is a construction accounting and project management software. It is intended to provide primary accounting and other management capabilities across a construction project lifecycle, including estimating, service management, and reporting.
Reviewers rate Jobsite reports highest, with a score of 6.
The most common users of Sage 100 Contractor are from Mid-size Companies and the Construction industry.