Reviews (1-3 of 3)
October 24, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
We use Sage to do our bookkeeping, taxes and payroll. We integrate it with Sage Timesheets so we have smooth processing of our payroll. It is a great program if doing federal contracting because most of the auditors love it over most other programs.
- Payroll processing using Sage Timesheets. Makes online timesheets available to an employee anywhere he/she has an internet connection. This results in better record keeping.
- Project costing. Between what I do in Sage and what I do in Sage Timesheets, I can project cost in minutes instead of making the data work in the clumsy and time consuming way it is done using just the Sage 50 or 100.
- Project reporting is now streamlined using the same pairing of software.
- Making time and material billings easier by complying with my proposal requirements.
- Reducing the cost of support, since I hardly use it.
- I don't like the reviews since we do a lot of small projects along with some big ones. Billings or invoices from vendors that have the same amount always trigger a question. Therefore I don't do the reviews anymore. It's so much nothing.
Read Katherine McGookey's full review
It is well suited to anyone who has experience with a variety of accounting software, or someone who has a mathematics degree, as I do, and software is just a simple puzzle. I would say based on the cost, it would be best for a company that knows it's going to have a large client base and or government contracts. A small business starting out would be good but could be overkill for the first year.
September 01, 2017
Score 5 out of 10
Sage 100 is currently being used by our human resources and accounting departments for payroll, invoicing, job cost reporting. The estimating staff uses the project take-offs feature to create estimates, field reports and proposals for that become a part of our prime contract. The project management uses the document control section for communication with the client. Change orders are created in Sage as well
- Job Cost Summary's are automatically updated and the user can drill down into the costs which is very helpful.
- Committed Cost Reports are very helpful in forecasting where our jobs will end up.
- The customization allows you to manipulate reporting and other features to suit your needs.
- The Equipment management feature needs some serious updates. Searching for specific equipment shouldn't be this difficult. Example Lets say I'm looking for a "12' step ladder". If don't type in the name of the item exactly it will not return. So if I searched for "ladder" or "step ladder" my "12' step ladder" would not appear.
- The entire system is not very intuitive or user friendly. At least not what you would expect from a sophisticated program in 2017
- Needs a mobile application
Read this authenticated review
Our accounting people are fine with it as they like the reporting features, so it would probably work well for someone just looking for those aspects. Our estimating department feels it is way behind the times and they are currently looking for other options. The production staff doesn't like it at all.
September 06, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Sage 100 is used as our accounting management software at my company. It is used company wide in all departments and divisions. We manage multiple individual businesses with this program. It solves all the problems that arise with job specific costs and accounting.
- Job specific accounting. Utilizing cost codes and tracking labor.
- Drilling down into reports to see actual transactions.
- Client invoicing.
- It does not have marketing functions that allow you to keep track of clients.
- It does not allow you to input material lists and prices.
Read this authenticated review
It is a great accounting program for construction general contractors. It's not great for subcontractors as the dispatching system could use some work as well as the service work module.
Sage 100 Contractor Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Sage 100 Contractor
Sage 100 Contractor is a construction accounting and project management software. It is intended to provide management capabilities across a construction project lifecycle. These services include estimating, accounting, project management, and service management. Sage 100 also provides industry-specific reporting for business and project visibility.
Sage 100 Contractor Integrations
Sage 100 Contractor Technical Details