Sage 300 ERP is a business management solution that includes strong accounting and financials, as well as multi-currency and multi-language capabilities. Built on accounting best practices, users will be able to track, control, and plan the financial health of their business.SageSatisfied Client2019-01-11T19:35:07.590ZUsed by our FInance department exclusively. Financial Reporting and Budgeting are tracked through the General Ledger module.All vendor payments are made using the Accounts Payable module including the EFT processing module.All client invoicing are made using the Accounts Receivable module.Company Profile is set up in Common Services.Our organization interfaces data from other systems to coordinate with the modules in Sage 300 ERP.,Generally very user-friendly. Good reports in AP and AR. Adequate financial reporting.,Basic functionality in AP. Can not add second default GL account code in vendor setup. AR invoicing is limited to field size in the description. Clients have asked for more details in certain cases. Context help is not very detailed.,9,Good overall value. The ongoing investment has been reasonable.,Microsoft Office 2016, Ceridian Dayforce, Adobe Acrobat DCPeter Wong, CPA, CGALong Time Sage/Accpac Clients2018-08-03T21:29:33.315ZIt is being used across the entire organization. It is the backbone of the organization; being used for A/P for paying bills to vendors whether they be individuals, companies or government, payroll for over 200 staff and receiving payments (A/R) from the private and public sector. The G/L is the 'go to' for budgeting purposes - as well as financial reports to keep programs in line.,Payroll is strong - very happy with integration with our scheduling software for EMS as well as the salaried employees. The reporting, though sometimes cumbersome to set up - is strong once it is in place. The G/L is accessible by all upper management - and used to see how close to the budget each area is.,Little things, like changing the company name - are more difficult than we would like (We used to be MSDSSAB but legally shortened it to MSDSB). A management financial reporting tool with live access - to premade reports - without paying an arm and a leg would be appreciated. More training opportunities in local areas - or nearby - would be appreciated...,6,Hard to say - Accpac (in one form or another) is all we have ever used, thus there is no real comparison to make to show impact vs another application. Sage 300 ERP is the backbone of our organization - efficiently dealing with payroll and budgets in excess of 30 million dollars per year.,,Microsoft Office 365, Slack, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Yardi Property Managementiain StephenSage 300 Review2018-03-14T20:57:41.659ZWe are currently utilizing Sage 300 ERP for our job cost, lien waivers, general ledger and cash management. It is being used mainly by our accounting and finance department to track our job cost and cash flow across 6 divisions. It is easy to use and performs reliably. It is also easy to modify the reports to obtain the information you are looking for to make informed business decisions.,The installation directions are clear and easy to follow. The ability to import and export data is also easy allowing you to perform mundane tasks easily and efficiently. The security features allow you to fine tune the permissions for the end users so that they cannot see data that you do not want them privy to.,The interface can be a bit tricky sometimes as you have to use Tab to move from one field to the other. It would be nice if they indicated that on the page or if you could simply use the enter key.,10,It allows our company to efficiently and effectively maintain and track our job cost. Its reliable performance allows us to function continually. It also provides our division managers with reports that they can use to determine where we are experiencing problems.,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions,QuickBooks Enterprise SolutionsLisa McQueenFirst-time caller, long-time user2017-11-08T19:49:22.217ZWe use Sage 300 ERP as our construction division solution. It helps us track all information related to our construction projects. We use AP, AR, Job cost, Billing, and General Ledger. This system is integrated with our corporate accounting system.,Track Job costs at a detailed lelel Pay our construction vendors Bill our customers,Old database structure They lag behind in project management features, such as RFI, and submittals Developing new features in the Job cost module,9,It has been a steady solution for us for many years.,Yardi Property Management,Procore, Bluebeam RevuLee DoxeySage 300 ERP reviewed by a certified professional who also uses the product for business2018-01-18T19:27:07.716ZWe use Sage 300 ERP across the whole organization. It helps the organization to do the purchase orders, inventory movement and control, assembly, invoicing and finance related activities and reporting.,Purchase orders and their approval Inventory moment Financial reporting,More add-on products from partners to meet different requirements for business Optional field SQL database design - when designing a report with 2 or more optional fields at one area,9,Enabled our business to track the full process: orders, returns, invoices, payments, credits, and reports etc......,Verified User
Sage 300 ERP
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>
Reviews (1-16 of 16)
Vendors can't alter or remove reviews. Here's why.
January 11, 2019
Used by our FInance department exclusively.
- Financial Reporting and Budgeting are tracked through the General Ledger module.
- All vendor payments are made using the Accounts Payable module including the EFT processing module.
- All client invoicing are made using the Accounts Receivable module.
- Company Profile is set up in Common Services.
- Our organization interfaces data from other systems to coordinate with the modules in Sage 300 ERP.
- Generally very user-friendly.
- Good reports in AP and AR.
- Adequate financial reporting.
- Basic functionality in AP. Can not add second default GL account code in vendor setup.
- AR invoicing is limited to field size in the description. Clients have asked for more details in certain cases.
- Context help is not very detailed.
Read Peter Wong, CPA, CGA's full review
Good for relatively non-complex business models.
August 03, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
It is being used across the entire organization. It is the backbone of the organization; being used for A/P for paying bills to vendors whether they be individuals, companies or government, payroll for over 200 staff and receiving payments (A/R) from the private and public sector. The G/L is the 'go to' for budgeting purposes - as well as financial reports to keep programs in line.
- Payroll is strong - very happy with integration with our scheduling software for EMS as well as the salaried employees.
- The reporting, though sometimes cumbersome to set up - is strong once it is in place.
- The G/L is accessible by all upper management - and used to see how close to the budget each area is.
- Little things, like changing the company name - are more difficult than we would like (We used to be MSDSSAB but legally shortened it to MSDSB).
- A management financial reporting tool with live access - to premade reports - without paying an arm and a leg would be appreciated.
- More training opportunities in local areas - or nearby - would be appreciated...
Read iain Stephen's full review
I think it is well suited to companies with more than 50 employees and a dedicated finance department staff... but it is expensive to maintain and it does tend to be customized to the will of the finance department lead/manager - which can make transition an issue for the successor when the time comes.
March 14, 2018
We are currently utilizing Sage 300 ERP for our job cost, lien waivers, general ledger and cash management. It is being used mainly by our accounting and finance department to track our job cost and cash flow across 6 divisions. It is easy to use and performs reliably. It is also easy to modify the reports to obtain the information you are looking for to make informed business decisions.
- The installation directions are clear and easy to follow.
- The ability to import and export data is also easy allowing you to perform mundane tasks easily and efficiently.
- The security features allow you to fine tune the permissions for the end users so that they cannot see data that you do not want them privy to.
- The interface can be a bit tricky sometimes as you have to use Tab to move from one field to the other. It would be nice if they indicated that on the page or if you could simply use the enter key.
Read Lisa McQueen's full review
It is well suited for paying the bills and monitoring the job cost but could improve in the area of how the credit cards are handled. It would be nice if you could import the credit card transactions from the web instead of manually entering them.
November 08, 2017
We use Sage 300 ERP as our construction division solution. It helps us track all information related to our construction projects. We use AP, AR, Job cost, Billing, and General Ledger. This system is integrated with our corporate accounting system.
- Track Job costs at a detailed lelel
- Pay our construction vendors
- Bill our customers
- Old database structure
- They lag behind in project management features, such as RFI, and submittals
- Developing new features in the Job cost module
Read Lee Doxey's full review
This is a product that is well suited for mid-sized construction companies. Smaller companies may find this product very expensive.
January 18, 2018
We use Sage 300 ERP across the whole organization. It helps the organization to do the purchase orders, inventory movement and control, assembly, invoicing and finance related activities and reporting.
- Purchase orders and their approval
- Inventory moment
- Financial reporting
- More add-on products from partners to meet different requirements for business
- Optional field SQL database design - when designing a report with 2 or more optional fields at one area
Read this authenticated review
Sage 300 ERP is well designed and maintained ERP system with a lot of add-ons to suit different businesses.
July 28, 2017
Read Adam Dubree's full review
May 07, 2015
Sage 300 ERP is used as our accounting for our entire organization. We use Sage from our customer service department from entering orders for our manufacturing plant to invoicing the orders shipped. Sage is also used for our Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Payroll and gathering all the data into our General Ledger. We are able to run reports for our sales team, purchase re-order points, and financials that allow us to make decisions based on the data.
- Sage 300 ERP is user friendly for data entry. All screens can be formatted to meet our needs. I have worked with several different accounting software and Sage is the best one I have used. The help section is very easy to follow and Sage has a good support system.
- The Payroll module is very easy to use and the updates that Sage provides are always timely. The reporting for monthly, quarterly and year end reports for Payroll Taxes give you all the answers you need to file accurate reports to the Federal and State governments.
- The Bank Service module allows you to reconcile bank statement with ease. Reconciling three bank statements takes about 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
- Sage payroll does not automatically figure the overtime rate. The overtime rate must be keyed in manually.
- In Accounts Receivable, when applying a credit card, you must add the entry then return to the entry to charge the credit card.
Read Marcia Flocks's full review
What modules are available? Which modules would be appropriate for our company? Sage would be suited for any type of business. The software has the capability to work for any type of businesses.
September 30, 2015
Sage 300 ERP is being used by the accounting department for accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger. It also helps us track donations.
- I love being able to import journal entries into Sage and complete duplicate entries.
- I like being able to export all reports to Excel.
- It would be nice if Sage offered a way to scan in documents.
- When Accounts Payable transfers to the General Ledger it would be nice if it would show the vendor name in the General Ledger entry line.
Read Stacie Roy's full review
It has worked out well for the use of our donation tracking.
May 14, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
We use Sage 300 ERP for all accounting activities in our organization from the basic AP and AR to inventory control, sales and purchasing and financial statement preparation. It allows us to track inventory usage, levels and aging and easily process orders and purchases by producing electronic documents for forwarding overseas and within North America.
- Sage is easy to use and once familiar with one module, it is relatively simple to learn another as the "logic" is very similar for any level of user.
- The Ops Inquiries make it very fast and easy to answer questions immediately on inventory items from customers and warehouse staff.
- The GL module follows accounting principles well as opposed to other software products that are geared towards non-accountants.
- The only downside I find with Sage is the report exports into Excel. They can be unwieldy with many merged cells and numbers that come across as text.
- The export function into Excel needs to be in more recent formats.
Read Annette Johanson's full review
Sage 300 is very well suited where a company has perpetual inventory with many users. It allows for immediate posting and "live" data.
May 09, 2015
We use Sage 300 for all of our accounting functions. Currently, it is used only by our accounting department.
- Intelligence Reporting Report Designer Add-In is most helpful. Financial Statement preparation is more flexible and streamlined since we began using it.
- Accounts Receivable Invoicing using the Purchase Order module has significantly saved time. A helpful custom report was designed for us in Sage Intelligence.
- Bank Services helps us keep more current on our bank reconciliations.
- Although I do like the Bank Reconciliation module, I wish it was a bit more advanced and less clunky. Some transactions cannot be reversed and the module seems slower than others.
- When using copy and paste on all modules, sometimes I receive an error message and the program closes.
Read KAREN ENGLEMAN's full review
From all I've seen, Sage 300 is well suited to many scenarios. It handles many entities and transactions very well.
November 11, 2015
Sage 300 ERP is being used by the whole company for quoting, order confirmation, purchase order, receiving, invoicing, A/R and A/P and GL statements including dual currency. It is also used by our service department. Plus we have Sage 300 tied to Sage CRM and integrated with our toolroom database as well as our ISO 17025 calibration reports
- Creating order entry from our quoting, as well as creating a PO form order entry
- Handling the Dual Currency
- Linking of quote, order entry and purchase order to an item, being able to see what quote, orders and PO has been place on this item
- Customer with multiple A/R address
- Reports are overdone - too much information and you can edit the reports
- Inventory items tracking
Read this authenticated review
Do you need all the modules or can you select just few? You need a representative who has some knowledge of the type of business you are in to see if this is the right system for your company's process. It will also give you some idea how to set up the system to work for your company without adding work time to your process. A new company needs to evaluate the system against the way their process works now and do the same process in the system before making the jump!
September 30, 2015
Sage 300 is used across the whole organization from accounting and admin staff to front line staff and executives. It allows the different departments to share information with each other easily. It allows access to information anywhere anytime including at job sites. It provides analytical and KPI information critical to monitoring our success. It addresses complex revenue recognition issues we experience in the software and SaaS software industry. It ensures we deliver the best possible service to our customers.
- Revenue Recognition - Allows us to recognize revenue on software sales when it is earned rather then when it is received.
- Dashboards - Allows us to see how the business is doing anytime we want in real time
- Remote Access - web based so we can access software from smart phones and laptops and are not in the office. Can get info when we need it.
- Reporting - Excellent reporting capabilities both financial, management and adhoc capabilities, allows reporting with other non Sage 300 databases as well
- CRM - allows sales and accounting and sales and production to communicate easier and we have better monitoring of sales, marketing and customer service activities
- Sage needs more of it functionality to be web based so all features can be accessed remotely
- Could use a cosmetic face lift some of the interface is a little old school
Read this authenticated review
Very strong in both durable and non durable goods distribution. Strong lot tracking for perishable goods. Serialized Inventory for more durable goods that need tracking. Great chart of accounts flexibility for Not for Profits to perform fund accounting but great for any business in that sense. Good manufacturing add ons. Very large ISV community for many industry verticals. It does not fit the property management space all that well.
May 20, 2015
Sage 300 ERP is used by most departments within our organization. The inventory team uses the purchasing module to maintain purchase orders as well as the inventory control module to track and value inventory. Our sales and customer service teams use the order entry module for maintaining customer orders as well as reporting on sales. The finance team uses the accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger modules to maintain customer and vendor accounts as well as maintain the reconciliations and related financials. We rely on the financial reporter tool in the general ledger for our basic financial statements. We have also more recently come to rely on Sage Intelligence for more in depth financial reporting and analysis with easy to use and fast updates.
- Overall ease of use and intuitive navigation - minimal training has been required to use the system efficiently and effectively
- Customer Inquiry - quickly see outstanding documents and drill down on any item (open or paid) to find the information you need
- Most reports are easy to export into a workable Excel format using the Excel - data only or csv file format.
- There are many options for setting customer pricing, but I would like to be able to show a list price, discount, and net invoice price on the customer invoice and also reflect this in the O/E sales history report. Related to this, in the general ledger, I would like to report the gross sales in one G/L and the discount in a separate G/L account. Currently, only the net sell price is recorded in the general ledger and shown on the O/E sales history report.
- It would be nice to be able to tag or link files to transactions.
- Many of the inventory control reports take a long time to run. This can be painful when trying to investigate issues.
Read this authenticated review
I believe that Sage 300 ERP is appropriate for a wide variety of companies looking for a system to maintain information in a concise manner. The level of complexity with which it is used is determined by the user group. Therefore, this product is great for companies that are just starting to grow right through to more mature companies looking for detailed data and analytics from their systems.
May 20, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
Sage 300 ERP is our financial backbone. It does all of our accounting and reporting. There are two of us in the company and we use Sage 300 ERP daily for quotes, cashflow analysis, government reporting, payroll and performance metrics.
- Excellent customer inquiry - re: sales, receipts, credit history
- Very good Business Intelligence module
- Excellent financial statement reporting
- The UI is a bit tired - this area should be updated
- The Crystal reports are difficult to work with and modify
Read this authenticated review
Sage 300 ERP is strongest in the financial reporting area - great flexibility in preparing financial statements. The product is weakest in the manufacturing area - you need third party add-on products for best results.
May 07, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
We use Sage 300 as our accounting system across our organization. We use it to manage inventory, complete payroll and bank reconciliations, as well as record the day to day accounting entries. In addition we have it integrated with Sage CRM so that our salespeople can readily access customer account information.
- Easy to use.
- Great reporting with the addition of the Sage Intelligence Products you can slice and dice your financial information in any way you want it
- Integrates with Sage CRM to provide salespeople with up to the minute information on customer accounts.
- We are currently on 6.0, but I understand with the newer releases, Sage has incorporated Matrix payroll for filing reports. As we are also a reseller, several of our clients have upgraded to this, but were not fully aware of the costs involved. Need better communication.
Read this authenticated review
Sage is a great ERP solution and provides tons of flexibility with third party products and add-ons to do nearly anything from warehousing to manufacturing to managing and tracking service representatives/equipment. Companies need to understand what functionality comes "out of the box" and what is an add-on and the costs associated with that.
May 09, 2015
Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. We have associates managing different aspects of inventory control, forecasting, sales management/leads and product development in order to not only keep our customers satisfied with current obligations but to try and anticipate future customer requirements.
- We try to keep avenues of communication open and as close to real time as possible with our associates and customers. Having the modules and flexibility for report customization helps tremendously.
- We do not utilize CRM as much as we should and it is mostly our fault.
Read this authenticated review
Location details for invoicing and EDI integration can get quite interesting. I suspect it is more our problem than it is 300 ERP's.
Sage 300 ERP Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Sage 300 ERP
Sage 300 ERP is a business management solution that includes strong accounting and financials, as well as multi-currency and multi-language capabilities. Built on accounting best practices, users will be able to track, control, and plan the financial health of their business.
Categories: Accounting & Budgeting
Sage 300 ERP Integrations
Sage CRM, Analyza, Promys Enterprise PSA, CIS Configurator, SmartSearch Document Management, Service Manager (Technisoft), AutoSimply (AutoSimply), Orchid Software Solutions (multiple prodcuts), Avalara AvaTax, PrintBoss (Wellspring), Audit Logger (Pacific Technology Solutions), Workflow Documents (Pacific Technology Solutions), Cashbook (Perisoft), RecXpress (Perisoft), EFT Processing (Orchid Systems), KnowledgeSync (KnowledgeSync), InfoPOS (InfoCentral)
Sage 300 ERP Competitors
Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?No
|Sage 300 ERP Standard||$1,655||Lifetime License per Seat|
|Sage 300 ERP Advanced||$1,665||Lifetime License per Seat|
|Sage 300 ERP Premium||$1,665||Lifetime License (unlimited seats)|
Our pricing is by module and by license and can range depending on what the customers requirements are. Most of our financial and operational modules are $1655.00 each, plus user license, plus an annual business care of 24%.
Sage 300 ERP Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Sage 300 ERP Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Sage 300 ERP is a global product|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Chinese|