It serves as one tool and go to place …
It serves as one tool and go to place …
Bank reconciliation (20)
Accounts payable (21)
Cash management (20)
Accounts receivable (20)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Sage 50cloud Accounting, and make your voice heard!
Sage 50 Pro Accounting
Sage 50 Premium Accounting
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting 3 User
Starting at $1,499
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Supported: Get paid fast. Create quotes and sales orders, invoice customers and make sure they pay on time. Process credit cards to get paid even faster.
- Supported: Keep control of expenses. Record bills, write checks and keep track of credits and returns. Analyze vendors to negotiate the best prices and reduce costs.
- Supported: Be smart about managing money. Forecast cash needs now and into the future. Run ñwhat ifî scenarios and adjust cash in and cash out to cover upcoming expenses.
- Supported: Plan and track inventory. Keep track of on-hands, issue automatic POs when inventory drops, and track performance of products and services.
- Supported: Manage jobs and projects. Break large jobs into phases, tracks costs by the phase and cost code, and bill as the job progresses.
- Supported: Add more users and controls whenever your growing business is ready.
- Priority AccountEdge
- QuickBooks Pro
- QuickBooks Premium
- QuickBooks Enterprises
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||90%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||0%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS|
|Supported Countries||United States of America|
It serves as one tool and go to place for both time cards, expenses and access of both.
- One stop tool
- Less clicks and ease of access, website is user friendly
- Simplicity to review for accounting details, everything is available for the profile on a single page
- Dont see anything for now
- Simple and straightforward to use
- Common system so many people are already familiar with it
- Allows remote access
- Remote access can sometimes fall over
- Help desk has very long wait times
- Stock is not integrated automatically into p&l
- Easy invoice entry - with a few clicks you can enter an invoice for payment and then find it when it's time to pay.
- Easy reporting - finding financial reports is quick, easy, and accurate!
- Printing checks is simple - you can do a batch payment in a matter of minutes.
- Only checks can be received into Sage - credit card payments cannot be taken.
- Entering a credit from a vendor or customer can be cumbersome.
- Easy to navigation
- Easy to teach someone to use
- It has lots of different screens to navigate through to get the correct info put in.
- Maybe the cost for renewing license
- I honestly love using Sage 50cloud Accounting (formerly Sage 50 Accounting).
- I have used MAS90 in the past and have found that Sage 50cloud Accounting (formerly Sage 50 Accounting) is so much easier to use. I can quickly navigate to where I need to be for data entry and all other aspects of everyday business.
- I have found that if I want to delete a customer that I will no longer use, I can't do that because once I invoice that customer, they stay in my system. If I only invoice one time, I cannot delete it.
- Accounts payable.
- Accounts receivable.
- Better job costing.
- Multiple dates for sales orders and purchase orders.
- It's a legacy system (we've been using it for 10 years now).
- Bad customer service.
- Buggy software. It's completely crashed 6 times in 6 months. We finally learned that it was because we were trying to use Dropbox. That was fine in the old, Sage legacy system we had, but when we 'upgraded' to 2020, it became highly unstable. We learned that it was unstable because Sage wants customers to use their cloud service and pay for what we have done for free for years (use dropbox to save our backups).
- Sage 50 provides great month-end reporting.
- Easy to use interface.
- Great layout of program.
- Inventory Assemblies
- Reporting to include any data needed
- The product support and help you can find online is amazing.
- Very simple and fast to navigate interface.
- When it is crashing it is hard to find the root cause as the logs lack useful information.
- More expensive than other products, making user more likely to stick with an older version of Sage.
- Easy way to enter the income from church giving.
- Very easy to manage and maintain all the expenses for the church and pay them and report on them.
- Their good Payroll system makes it easy to pay employees.
- It would be nice to be able to add departments and accounts without closing all the open windows. It's not a big deal, but sometimes when you are doing things it would be nice to keep a screen up.
- We can build "templates" for recurrent charges/invoices. This saves some time and also ensures that we always use the right accounting rubric.
- A lot of additional information can be filled out such as client information (name, address, ...) which makes the software a little more complete.
- If you don't need an updated version every year (my case) then the software is not too expensive. The pro version that I'm using was just a little over $300.
- I really like the banking statement consolidation which allows you to ensure you got the right information registered.
- The software uses a server service in addition to the software itself. Both of these are quite demanding on a lower end workstation. Most of the time, when booting up the PC, the server service would not start and I would have to start it manually. I changed the laptops main hard drive for an SSD one and didn't get any problems since. Just don't expect that software to be light, it's quite demanding on the system.
- Not having an accounting background, I find myself often lost in the interface. I never know exactly where to input the information that I need to. To be fair, I would probably have the same problems with any accounting software.
- Manage general ledger accounts.
- Manage A/P.
- Provide in-depth reporting.
- Manage balances on multiple purchase orders within a company.
- Load time. The application itself is slow to load.
- Financial statements that address the needs of government contracting, insurance audits, management.
- Payroll interface with the online timesheet program simplifies payroll and gives me labor reports for billing and project reporting in an excel spreadsheet (from the Sage time sheet program).
- Clients need to pay by credit card. It's processed inside the Sage 50 program so there is only one function to do instead of doing it online and then in the accounting program.
- Large purchase orders can be done so that billing is a snap! It will remember your transactions so you can use it to create a new PO or have it remember a vendor and repeat the billing each month automatically.
- Want to have an online Sage 50 so I can access it online from any computer without having to log into my work computer. Or make it compatible with Apple OS so it can be used on that format.
- It's upgrade and service fees are expensive for a very small business.
- Sage 50 is superior in the basic reporting suite. From the point and click general ledger and other accounting reports, transaction research and error correction and reviews a very easy.
- Sage 50 allows for customization on most reports, including Invoices, Customer Statements and Report Forms. The less expensive programs won't let you do much more than just add your logo.
- Detailed Inventory. You have to be a major enterprise to not be well suited by Sage50's inventory intelligence.
- Job Tracking. Super easy as adding a job code when desired, brings to like a full suite of job costing reports and analysis.
- Chart of Accounts segment masking. Multiple division, multiple departments, and so forth are built right in.
- Sage 50 could use some improvement in the Invoicing Module to allow for more flexibility in the design of the Invoice fields. The report customization tools could use some upgrading for easier use.
- Fixed assets management module needs to be included with unlimited number of fixed assets.
Will this be a single user application? For a single user, micro-business, Sage 50 is priced out of their reach.
If multi-user, will remote access be necessary? Sage 50 is superior than most of its competitors on client server/hosted networks.
Do you do you own payroll? For companies that DO perform their own payroll, Sage 50 bubbles to the top of the list for in-house payroll programs.
Do your financial statements need material customizations? Sage 50 is well suited for modified report formats.
- Inventory control - plenty of information at your fingertips
- Sage payment Solutions - ease of integration with payment systems
- Reporting - Ease of getting crucial information quicky and efficiently
- The images take awhile to upload in the inventory.
- Never tried to run the Crystal Reports.
- Had a problem with Sage forms on initial order for checks took awhile.
- Great job of integrating all modules.
- Tax reports are easy to produce with most of the info already input.
- Although Federal Payroll support is extra, I have never had any problems with accuracy. It's easy to run credit cards through the system.
- I want the ability to print out Payable Invoices.
- I would like cost analysis to be more integrated.
- Being able to produce financial statements in both cash and accrual basis with ease.
- Ease of use.
- The ability to export reports and data to Excel and/or Adobe. Especially useful for some reports and being able to manipulate the data.
- The ability to have more than one company and can have more than one company open at a time.
- Small issues with reports. When we do an upgrade to the system sometimes we lose some of our custom reports and have to go out and find them. We eventually recover them. Also have a small issue with the headers on the reports sometimes.
- The ability to change a closed year if you have to go back and restate something.
- It has the capability of "Single Click" processes that allows you to turn Quotes into orders, instant invoicing and track A/R in the Order Screen
- I can email Sales Orders directly to my Customer and also remind them of past due from a single screen. I can track Project, Closeouts, Over Seas order by setting up Jobs and clicking the job name in Order Entry.
- You can use recurring entries and copy and paste on the P&L, using masking for department reporting and budgeting
- You can use the BI feature and export into Excel in Pivot format and utilize Timeline and Slicer to see the company overall performance by months, day or years
- I would like them to add to Purchase ordering the "Single Click" feature in order to received a PO complete rather than line by line receiving
- It does not allow changes to prior period beginning balances. This is important when we receive information from clients. Thus when we make changes to tie to our prepared tax returns, the client is unable to make any change that will cause us additional work in future years.
- The reports are easy to read which should assist clients in managing their finances.
- I believe that training on the system should be provided as the system is sophisticated and not as user friendly as some other accounting software packages.
- There should be some additional flexibility in the reports to allow users to retrieve the information they need.
- Year end / period end closing
- Account reconciliation
- Report presentation
- Ease of use for beginners
- Easy access to detail of transactions
- Wait times for certain functions
- Running reports
- Exporting reports
- Drilling down is simple
- Sometimes the screens are busy which can make it easy to get lost
- While the reports are great, you need to know where to look
- Some areas could be more intuitive.
- Rapid access to current backlog and history information.
- A wide range of custom reports as well as downloading into Excel for additional analysis.
- Customer, sales, shipment data all tied directly with the financials.
- More customization as to levels of access to data.
- A bit more simplified custom report builder.
- It is flexible - Sage 50 allows the user to customize the setup and functionality to suit their purposes
- It is stable - I have been using Sage 50 for 20 years and have found in that time that it is built on a solid foundation and you can rely on it keeping your data intact.
- It has an audit trail - this means that Sage 50 is not only doing proper double sided accounting in the background, but that the history of every transaction you make remains in the system and it makes it MUCH easier to find what you are looking for down the road.
- It has built in safety features - as the software is used by non-accounting people, it protects the integrity of your data by preventing entries to improper accounts and dates, something that lead users of other software, including QuickBooks, to make bad decisions off of unreliable financial statements.
- It needs better functionality with regards to customer refunds and credit notes
- The price of the payroll subscription is too high
- Payroll / Employee Time Sheets
- Tax Reporting
- Tracking Accounts Payable / Vendor Disbursements
- Tracking Accounts Receivable / Customer Payments
- Banking Reconciliation
- Job Profitability
We have one administrator, but have the ability to install the program for other employees with limited access, so that as our business grows we can add other employees to handle some responsibilities.
- I like the automated guides to set up complex features of payroll formulas.
- The business intelligence reporting seems very comprehensive, so that one could really "crunch the data" and analyze different aspects of their business.
- Sage annually improves the performance and features of their program.
- Being a small business with small margin for profit, we have to be extremely careful with controlling expenses. Sage is quite expensive for a small business that may not need all the "bells and whistles" of their product.
- Even though we are a small business, I get regular notices that our use of Sage 50 is close to exceeding the "optimum data storage", and encourages upgrading to their much more expensive Quantum product. This is irritating and if the data storage is truly in danger (probably due to not making old accounts "inactive"), then Sage should increase the data storage for their Sage 50 product.
- I would like to see more learning programs listed for Sage University that are free and always accessible. After purchasing the Sage 50 Premium subscription for hundreds of dollars every year, the learning programs AND certification should be free.
- Sage 50 is a very sound accounting software package. One can create levels of security for individuals in an organization. One can retrieve prior year files in the software. Sage 50 actually closes out the income and expenses at the end of the year. One can not make changes to a prior accounting period in the current accounting period.
- Sage 50 has a very strong reporting function. It can produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, such as the balance sheet, the income statement, and the cash flow statement. It can produce comparison financial statements comparing two different time periods, for example two months, two quarters, and two years. One can create custom reports from Sage 50 information using Excel and Crystal Reports.
- Sage 50 allows an organization to customize the information that it collects from their customers, vendors, and employees. One can create an Accounts Receivable invoice or an Accounts Payable invoice to use 90% of the time. One can also alter the A/R and/or A/P invoice for a specific customer or vendor when it is required. The employee information can be customized in a similar way. One can keep track of employee's birthdays.
- Sage 50 has a strong inventory reporting system. Inventory is an important area for a business. Once the inventory is setup properly, one can get several useful inventory reports.
- Sage 50 should emphasize that a business or organization should find a local Sage 50 expert that they like. Sage 50 is very powerful accounting software. It can be hard to set up when one looks at all the common areas for the business or organization. These areas are the chart of accounts, customers, vendors, employees, jobs and/or services, banking, and reports. One should engage an expert to get the most out of Sage 50 for their business or organization.
- Users that are not accountants tend to have a hard time navigating in the Sage 50 software. Sage 50 training should improve.
- The job costing feature is too complicated in Sage 50. Between raw materials, work in process, finished goods, job phases, and actual and estimated income and expenses, it is easy to get confused.
- When one opens up Sage 50 the home page can easily become cluttered and imposing. Of course, one can customize it to see what they consider important. I think very few Sage 50 users are aware that the home page can be customized.
After considering all of the above factors, one should pick the correct Sage 50 package that fits their needs. Sage 50 will perform very efficiently.
- Easy to navigate
- User-level security settings
- Export / Import from Excel
- Too many program updates without actual noticeable change.
- Import of entries from Excel could be easier.
- A/P Check writing is cumbersome and prints items that it shouldn't.