Sage 50cloud Accounting Reviews

Do you work for this company?

We use Sage 50 Accounting for our day to day accounting. We have a small consulting firm and not a whole lot of accounting needs. Sage allows us to track invoices and bills and consolidate the accounting with the bank statement. The use of Sage allows us fairly straight forward logging of the information that our external accountants need. Twice a year, we send them our Sage 50 Accounting info for review.
  • We can build "templates" for recurrent charges/invoices. This saves some time and also ensures that we always use the right accounting rubric.
  • A lot of additional information can be filled out such as client information (name, address, ...) which makes the software a little more complete.
  • If you don't need an updated version every year (my case) then the software is not too expensive. The pro version that I'm using was just a little over $300.
  • I really like the banking statement consolidation which allows you to ensure you got the right information registered.
  • The software uses a server service in addition to the software itself. Both of these are quite demanding on a lower end workstation. Most of the time, when booting up the PC, the server service would not start and I would have to start it manually. I changed the laptops main hard drive for an SSD one and didn't get any problems since. Just don't expect that software to be light, it's quite demanding on the system.
  • Not having an accounting background, I find myself often lost in the interface. I never know exactly where to input the information that I need to. To be fair, I would probably have the same problems with any accounting software.
Sage is great for portability and exchange with external accountants as it is widely used and people will be able to read your data in. It's a very good and complete solution for a little business where one person can handle all of the accounting. I doubt that it scales well to large companies with several in-house accountants working at the same time.
Sage 50 is used by our entire church to take care of all the needs of the church. This includes entering all expenses and income, and also to produce payroll. This allows us to have a system in place to monitor our income and expenses and be able to report to the CRA and also to our church members how we are doing as a church financially.
  • Easy way to enter the income from church giving.
  • Very easy to manage and maintain all the expenses for the church and pay them and report on them.
  • Their good Payroll system makes it easy to pay employees.
  • It would be nice to be able to add departments and accounts without closing all the open windows. It's not a big deal, but sometimes when you are doing things it would be nice to keep a screen up.
I think that Sage 50 is suitable for most small businesses. The secure way you maintain the transactions by doing reversals and modifications means that you have a nice audit trail if it's ever needed. The system is fast and easy to use and you can manage it quite easily. It may not scale up for large uses, with the restrictions of having to close everything to create an account or department, but those functions could be scheduled for a specific time frame when all the users could be off the system, etc. Overall a very good product.
Jay Barwick profile photo
We use Sage Accounting for managing all of our needs for the company. We manage our A/R and A/P, write checks and calculate our payroll. We do not use it for credit card payments or direct deposits. It has been a very good fit for our company for quite some time.
  • Manage general ledger accounts.
  • Manage A/P.
  • Provide in-depth reporting.
  • Manage balances on multiple purchase orders within a company.
  • Load time. The application itself is slow to load.
Ease of use and fast customer service/tech support make it well-suited to manage any size SMB.
Read Jay Barwick's full review
Reno M. Borgognoni, CPA, CIA, CGMA profile photo
I use Sage 50 for the accounting and finance departments in the companies I support. Sage works very well on a terminal server style hosted setup, the way most company's IT is structured these days. With several user access and a good security system to control who can see and edit which modules, it works well with a company with various departments. Sage 50, like many other accounting software, is necessary to properly and accurately document business activity. Sage 50 has a reporting program and business intelligence module that can handle every flavor or report needed for business activities from the small, mid-sized to even a fairly large entity.
  • Sage 50 is superior in the basic reporting suite. From the point and click general ledger and other accounting reports, transaction research and error correction and reviews a very easy.
  • Sage 50 allows for customization on most reports, including Invoices, Customer Statements and Report Forms. The less expensive programs won't let you do much more than just add your logo.
  • Detailed Inventory. You have to be a major enterprise to not be well suited by Sage50's inventory intelligence.
  • Job Tracking. Super easy as adding a job code when desired, brings to like a full suite of job costing reports and analysis.
  • Chart of Accounts segment masking. Multiple division, multiple departments, and so forth are built right in.
  • Sage 50 could use some improvement in the Invoicing Module to allow for more flexibility in the design of the Invoice fields. The report customization tools could use some upgrading for easier use.
  • Fixed assets management module needs to be included with unlimited number of fixed assets.

Will this be a single user application? For a single user, micro-business, Sage 50 is priced out of their reach.

If multi-user, will remote access be necessary? Sage 50 is superior than most of its competitors on client server/hosted networks.

Do you do you own payroll? For companies that DO perform their own payroll, Sage 50 bubbles to the top of the list for in-house payroll programs.

Do your financial statements need material customizations? Sage 50 is well suited for modified report formats.

Read Reno M. Borgognoni, CPA, CIA, CGMA's full review
Michelle M. Martin profile photo

Happy and easy

We currently use the product for our accounts payable and company financial statements. We currently use parts of some of the other functions such as maintaining employee info in the payroll sections. It is used by only a few people that require they use it to complete their jobs. It is extremely easy to use and we have been very happy with it since installed.
  • Being able to produce financial statements in both cash and accrual basis with ease.
  • Ease of use.
  • The ability to export reports and data to Excel and/or Adobe. Especially useful for some reports and being able to manipulate the data.
  • The ability to have more than one company and can have more than one company open at a time.
  • Small issues with reports. When we do an upgrade to the system sometimes we lose some of our custom reports and have to go out and find them. We eventually recover them. Also have a small issue with the headers on the reports sometimes.
  • The ability to change a closed year if you have to go back and restate something.
I personally think it is a very good package as a whole. It is easy to use and when I have had to train a new employee or someone who is jumping in to help out they pick it up very quickly. Up until you close out a year it is very easy to go back and make a change or correction if required. Although you cannot make changes you still have access to your archived years and can go back and run reports or look up anything. That is a plus. Make sure that it can produce the kinds or type of reports you want; ones that give you the information you need.
Read Michelle M. Martin's full review
Karen Rollins profile photo
It is being used for Finance, Day to Day operation, Projects, Specialized Reporting and Departmentalized Budgeting. It is being used by the Finance department that reviews the company on a whole. It allows the company to have real-time visibility of the company and how it is performing as well as monitor each department
  • It has the capability of "Single Click" processes that allows you to turn Quotes into orders, instant invoicing and track A/R in the Order Screen
  • I can email Sales Orders directly to my Customer and also remind them of past due from a single screen. I can track Project, Closeouts, Over Seas order by setting up Jobs and clicking the job name in Order Entry.
  • You can use recurring entries and copy and paste on the P&L, using masking for department reporting and budgeting
  • You can use the BI feature and export into Excel in Pivot format and utilize Timeline and Slicer to see the company overall performance by months, day or years
  • I would like them to add to Purchase ordering the "Single Click" feature in order to received a PO complete rather than line by line receiving
It easy to train employees to use the software and it can be used for small to midsize for monitoring company and department performance. It allows for customized reporting and the BI function allows for company visibility, forecasting and numerical and visual graphical illustration for management meeting. Add that to the great price and awesome Customer and Technical Service and you definitely get a "BANG" for your money
Read Karen Rollins's full review
jeffrey burgess profile photo
Sage 50 is utilized at G & E to maximize efficiency for our raw inventory into manufactured parts. The built in Sage payment solutions are a seamless way to receive money from our daily transactions and web based transactions.
  • Inventory control - plenty of information at your fingertips
  • Sage payment Solutions - ease of integration with payment systems
  • Reporting - Ease of getting crucial information quicky and efficiently
  • The images take awhile to upload in the inventory.
  • Never tried to run the Crystal Reports.
  • Had a problem with Sage forms on initial order for checks took awhile.
[You'll be ] very happy with product if you want a lot of information at your finger tips. Information has to be compiled to make use of the benefits of this software. Suits the small to medium business that requires on demand information.
Read jeffrey burgess's full review
Emily Dykema profile photo
Our small business uses Sage 50 Premium Accounting to process all accounting and finance reporting:

1. Payroll / Employee Time Sheets
  2. Tax Reporting
  3. Tracking Accounts Payable / Vendor Disbursements
  4. Tracking Accounts Receivable / Customer Payments
  5. Banking Reconciliation
  6. Budgeting
  7. Job Profitability
The one feature we do not use is the Inventory, because we are a service oriented business, without products to sell.
We have one administrator, but have the ability to install the program for other employees with limited access, so that as our business grows we can add other employees to handle some responsibilities.
  • I like the automated guides to set up complex features of payroll formulas.
  • The business intelligence reporting seems very comprehensive, so that one could really "crunch the data" and analyze different aspects of their business.
  • Sage annually improves the performance and features of their program.
  • Being a small business with small margin for profit, we have to be extremely careful with controlling expenses. Sage is quite expensive for a small business that may not need all the "bells and whistles" of their product.
  • Even though we are a small business, I get regular notices that our use of Sage 50 is close to exceeding the "optimum data storage", and encourages upgrading to their much more expensive Quantum product. This is irritating and if the data storage is truly in danger (probably due to not making old accounts "inactive"), then Sage should increase the data storage for their Sage 50 product.
  • I would like to see more learning programs listed for Sage University that are free and always accessible. After purchasing the Sage 50 Premium subscription for hundreds of dollars every year, the learning programs AND certification should be free.
I indicated a neutral rating due to the fact that I really haven't used other accounting programs, so I cannot compare it to others fairly. I have enjoyed using Sage 50 Premium Accounting for 20 years, but perhaps there are other programs that are very similar, but less expensive. A small, service based business, that does not utilize the inventory or assembly features probably could find another useful accounting product that is more cost effective. However, if the business wants to track detailed inventories, complex and progressive jobs, and has complex payroll needs ... then Sage 50 Premium Accounting is definitely worth the investment. Also, I have always experienced very good technical support service when needed.
Read Emily Dykema's full review
Clay Boykin profile photo
As the General Manager for Drake Industries it is critical for me to have an on-demand snapshot of our business. We are a fast-paced, high turns, durable custom products printer with hundreds of jobs running through our production floor each month. To manage this, I need on-demand access to sales data, customer history, shipments, WIP, aged backlog, product history, etc. The benefit of Sage 50 is that I have all this tied in with our financial reporting which enables me to have a snapshot of the business whenever I need it. But the real benefit is that it’s user friendly, quick and easy to use.
  • Rapid access to current backlog and history information.
  • A wide range of custom reports as well as downloading into Excel for additional analysis.
  • Customer, sales, shipment data all tied directly with the financials.
  • More customization as to levels of access to data.
  • A bit more simplified custom report builder.
Read Clay Boykin's full review
Marsha Kimball profile photo

Sage 50 Rules!

All accounting functions including payroll are processed through Sage 50.
  • Great job of integrating all modules.
  • Tax reports are easy to produce with most of the info already input.
  • Although Federal Payroll support is extra, I have never had any problems with accuracy. It's easy to run credit cards through the system.
  • I want the ability to print out Payable Invoices.
  • I would like cost analysis to be more integrated.
Are you setup for cloud storage or is that extra?
Read Marsha Kimball's full review
Leanne Borden, CPB profile photo
As the owner of a bookkeeping and accounting firm, I recommend Sage 50 to all of my clients and am a Bronze Certified Sage 50 Consultant. We install, implement, train and support Sage 50 exclusively for small business clients. I have looked at many other accounting software packages in the past, including Quickbooks and continue to do so. This remains the only one that I truly trust completely. It is also the software we use in house.
  • It is flexible - Sage 50 allows the user to customize the setup and functionality to suit their purposes
  • It is stable - I have been using Sage 50 for 20 years and have found in that time that it is built on a solid foundation and you can rely on it keeping your data intact.
  • It has an audit trail - this means that Sage 50 is not only doing proper double sided accounting in the background, but that the history of every transaction you make remains in the system and it makes it MUCH easier to find what you are looking for down the road.
  • It has built in safety features - as the software is used by non-accounting people, it protects the integrity of your data by preventing entries to improper accounts and dates, something that lead users of other software, including QuickBooks, to make bad decisions off of unreliable financial statements.
  • It needs better functionality with regards to customer refunds and credit notes
  • The price of the payroll subscription is too high
I highly recommend it for any small business, though the basic format of invoicing is limited and may not suit certain business who require multiple subtotals for progress billing.
Read Leanne Borden, CPB's full review
Nellie Jones (MBA) profile photo
Sage is currently being used to manage the full Accounting Cycle - A/R, A/P, GL and reporting. There are currently 5 users from the Accounting team that I manage who use it to manage our direct business needs.
  • Sage 50 has added the business Intelligence reporting tool that allows us to pull mass data and manipulate it in the system. This helps alleviate the dependency that we originally had using excel. The old version did not really allow to pull mass data without it crashing and this is a great improvement.
  • Sage50 is designed for the Non-accountant who does not have an in depth experience in Accounting. It can be used by many small businesses and does not require extensive time and knowledge to set up. The wizards are phenomenal and the user does not really need a full knowledge of Accounting to operate. It is efficient and super easy to navigate. The initial operations of Sage requires little time to set up and the ongoing maintenance is minimal.
  • Sage 50's design helps eliminate the time it takes to correct Accounting errors. You can set it up to have either maximum or minimum controls which is helpful to manage your day to day business. It does not take several iterations and steps to correct a minor error that you make - as you do in other systems.
  • The out of the box reports are not appealing and take a bit to clean up during the end of the month. The set up of the reports can be quite tedious and not very intuitive. They need to do a better job of adding the drop and drag tool in a more visible way so that it is easy for the end user.
  • Sage needs to add the ability for the users (in a controlled environment) to manipulate the look and feel of the input screens. It gives you minimal options to add fields to certain areas.
  • The help feature does not have the "google" type of intelligence that allows you to search on phrases. If it is not exact, it does not do a very good job of filtering through items that you really don not need. I have used more of the internet searches to figure out my problem because it wasn't easy to pull up the help option in Sage.
SAGE is truly a great tool for manufacturing and can handle a million dollar business easily. It can also handle most small businesses that just require day to day Accounting duties. I wouldn't recommend it for large organizations requiring time tracking or revenue recognition. I'm sure there is technology that I never needed and that is available but I will need to dig deeper to really give sound advice on further recommendations.
Read Nellie Jones (MBA)'s full review
Art Stumpp profile photo
I use Sage 50 software in my company St. Louis Accounting Services. It helps businesses and organizations with their reporting requirements. It helps in the following areas: taxes, banking, and management. Our mission at St. Louis Accounting Services is to help businesses and organizations create better information about their financial activities. Sage 50 helps us accomplish this task.
  • Sage 50 is a very sound accounting software package. One can create levels of security for individuals in an organization. One can retrieve prior year files in the software. Sage 50 actually closes out the income and expenses at the end of the year. One can not make changes to a prior accounting period in the current accounting period.
  • Sage 50 has a very strong reporting function. It can produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, such as the balance sheet, the income statement, and the cash flow statement. It can produce comparison financial statements comparing two different time periods, for example two months, two quarters, and two years. One can create custom reports from Sage 50 information using Excel and Crystal Reports.
  • Sage 50 allows an organization to customize the information that it collects from their customers, vendors, and employees. One can create an Accounts Receivable invoice or an Accounts Payable invoice to use 90% of the time. One can also alter the A/R and/or A/P invoice for a specific customer or vendor when it is required. The employee information can be customized in a similar way. One can keep track of employee's birthdays.
  • Sage 50 has a strong inventory reporting system. Inventory is an important area for a business. Once the inventory is setup properly, one can get several useful inventory reports.
  • Sage 50 should emphasize that a business or organization should find a local Sage 50 expert that they like. Sage 50 is very powerful accounting software. It can be hard to set up when one looks at all the common areas for the business or organization. These areas are the chart of accounts, customers, vendors, employees, jobs and/or services, banking, and reports. One should engage an expert to get the most out of Sage 50 for their business or organization.
  • Users that are not accountants tend to have a hard time navigating in the Sage 50 software. Sage 50 training should improve.
  • The job costing feature is too complicated in Sage 50. Between raw materials, work in process, finished goods, job phases, and actual and estimated income and expenses, it is easy to get confused.
  • When one opens up Sage 50 the home page can easily become cluttered and imposing. Of course, one can customize it to see what they consider important. I think very few Sage 50 users are aware that the home page can be customized.
Sage 50 is a very powerful software package. It has different versions for different levels of financial activity. One should be sure the cost of Sage 50 fits their budget. One should discuss with a local Sage 50 expert what one wants from an accounting software package. One should also look at the setup costs of Sage 50. Is one going to hire a local expert to help with the setup? Finally, one should get an accounting software package that can grow with their business needs.
After considering all of the above factors, one should pick the correct Sage 50 package that fits their needs. Sage 50 will perform very efficiently.
Read Art Stumpp's full review
Chris Steele profile photo
We are consultants who assist business owners in choosing appropriate accounting and operations software for their business. As such, we must understand their business processes and what features are required to solve their needs. My experience has been that Sage 50 is generally well-suited towards businesses who place a high value on their financial records. It can be utilized well for service businesses, distribution companies and manufacturers (with add-on). The construction version is fairly good for a simple construction company.
  • Sage 50 has a pretty good inventory management capabilities, providing multi-level BOMs, revision tracking and multiple costing methods, including specific unit costing with serial number tracking.
  • Sage 50 has a robust financial statements report writer and now includes Sage "Business Intelligence", which is an excel-based custom dashboard/report writer as well. Sage 50 also includes very customizable forms and checks
  • Sage 50 is easy to use and intuitive for those who are familiar with "debits and credits", journals and sub-ledgers (i.e., "old-fashioned" accounting!). The day-to-day work flow is easy to follow and the month-end work (like bank reconciliations and "closing" a month) are simple. Security features are appropriate for the typical users.
  • Multi-segment accounts in chart of accounts allow great flexibility in departmental or profit center reporting, plus can consolidate multiple companies.
  • Sage 50's main weaknesses come when comparing features to QuickBooks (which I also consult on). Sage 50 does not have the concept of Undeposited Funds, which is a great feature in QuickBooks, and missed by many when they go from QB to Sage 50. Sage 50 added "Select for Deposit", but it does not go far enough.
  • Another missing feature is the ability for an accountant to take an "Accountants Copy" (like in QuickBooks), make changes, give that copy back to the client and have those changes integrate back into the client's Sage without overwriting work done by the client.
  • A very unfortunate "feature" is that Sage no longer supports any version other than the most current year. That is rather draconian and very negatively affects users who have added services such as credit card payments or payroll. Those added services will cease to work if the user does not renew each year.
  • Some consider the multi-segment accounts mentioned prior to be a detriment - again comparing it to the use of Classes in QuickBooks, which are easier, but not necessarily as robust.
Sage 50 is well-suited to a small to mid-size company, either a service or simple distribution organization. It is best used by those who have a competent bookkeeper (but then all accounting software should be used by a competent bookkeeper) and a competent operations person if using inventory features. Manufacturing can be managed with the manufacturing edition, which utilizes Misys add-on. Sage 50 would not be appropriate for larger companies who require many custom fields, or any custom programming interface. It is not generally appropriate for WIP accounting in the manufacturing process or those who need to track inventory by Lot #, expiration/warranty dates, multi-bin locations or multiple warehouses.
Read Chris Steele's full review
Wanda McNamara profile photo
Billing, payroll, payables and training clients on the product.
  • Ease of data entry
  • Very good reporting
  • Logical progression from one module to another
  • Easy to setup
  • Where is it on the cloud?
The nonprofit charitable receipts need to be improved and supported.
Read Wanda McNamara's full review
Victor Sila profile photo
The Sage 50 has been used only by Accounting and Finance with some usage from other departments, but by being in a specific industry we are not able to use it accross the whole organization. It is the perfect tool for Management and Financial Reporting.
  • You may retrieve any previous posting and especially recurring transactions after you have stored once.
  • You can set up the recurring transactions based on frequency, weekly, monthly or annually.
  • Use of manager center is a precious tool
  • I have used Quickbooks and it has the Undeposited funds account, which does not exist at Sage 50, I created an account for this purpose and yes, i named it "Undeposited Funds" used for cheques received and undeposited.
  • The reason we need the account is because when it flows through the bank account, it shows as one entry, the exact opposite side of the bank statement entry.
  • In Quickbooks there exists the feature of creating a copy of previous transaction, which may be a one time transaction and you may not want to store it, probably Sage 50 can add such a feature.
Sage 50 is a comprehensive package that is comparable to all other accounting packages, so probably it comes to preference or your previous experience and peers reviews when you make the decision.
Read Victor Sila's full review
It is an accountant's type of accounting program. It helps me with financial reporting, payroll, billing, payables, credit card processing, etc. It makes it much easier to take care of our clients.
  • Financial statements that address the needs of government contracting, insurance audits, management.
  • Payroll interface with the online timesheet program simplifies payroll and gives me labor reports for billing and project reporting in an excel spreadsheet (from the Sage time sheet program).
  • Clients need to pay by credit card. It's processed inside the Sage 50 program so there is only one function to do instead of doing it online and then in the accounting program.
  • Large purchase orders can be done so that billing is a snap! It will remember your transactions so you can use it to create a new PO or have it remember a vendor and repeat the billing each month automatically.
  • Want to have an online Sage 50 so I can access it online from any computer without having to log into my work computer. Or make it compatible with Apple OS so it can be used on that format.
  • It's upgrade and service fees are expensive for a very small business.
The Sage 50 software we use is appropriate for a service industry that requires reporting to government agencies. It's not as good with income tax programs but is improving. POS type business have other software that works best for that type of business that can be supported on the management/tax level by Sage 50 or similar program.
Ben Cooper profile photo
It was being used specifically by the Business Operations department, as our main accounting software.
  • It was very user friendly. I only used it for nine months, and within six weeks I had mastered all of the functions that I was using daily.
  • I never found anything that I wished it could do that it couldn't.
  • I can't think of anything off hand - the functionality was precisely what I needed it to be.
As previously mentioned, I used it strictly for fairly basic accounting: keeping track of multiple accounts, sending invoices, recording payments, etc. I think that it is perfectly suited to do those things, so if someone was looking for a way to accomplish those tasks I would recommend Sage 50.
Read Ben Cooper's full review
Lisa Kuta profile photo
Sage 50 Canadian version works quite well for our small to medium manufacturing business for the oil industry, it handles all of our payroll and accounting, inventory and projects. We currently have 3 users on it with no complaints. Our company also uses the Sage 500 software for our larger projects that require more in depth reporting.
  • Handles our payroll of over 50 employees with ease
  • All of our users find it quite easy to use
  • Have never had any downtime with the software
  • Reporting for projects is too light with little to no flexibility
  • Payroll reporting is also too light
If you are running a lean manufacturing system which requires limited reporting and simple accounting processes this is the software to use.
Read Lisa Kuta's full review
Roxann Satterfield profile photo
I used Sage 50 Construction Accounting at a previous job. Sage 50 was our main accounting software. I found the software to be user-friendly. Also, the reports provided within the software were exactly what I needed to accomplish my job. I currently do not use Sage 50 because the company I work for prefers other software, but if it were up to me I would use Sage 50 here as well. It would make a world of difference! Sage 50 produces excellent job costing reports. I love the journal entry feature because the current software I use lacks in this area.
  • Job Costing Reports
  • Journal Entries
  • Payroll reports
  • Customer Service Agents
  • None at this time
Read Roxann Satterfield's full review

Sage 50 Bookkeeping

Sage 50 is being used mostly by the bookkeepers in the accounting firm with managers and supervisors using the product to make adjustments for tax return preparation.
  • It does not allow changes to prior period beginning balances. This is important when we receive information from clients. Thus when we make changes to tie to our prepared tax returns, the client is unable to make any change that will cause us additional work in future years.
  • The reports are easy to read which should assist clients in managing their finances.
  • I believe that training on the system should be provided as the system is sophisticated and not as user friendly as some other accounting software packages.
  • There should be some additional flexibility in the reports to allow users to retrieve the information they need.
I think you need a sophisticated bookkeeper to handle the accounting in this program.
We use Sage 50 Accounting for several clients and have great success. It is great for running custom reports that are more easily adjusted than QuickBooks and other accounting packages. There is more of a learning curve, but still not difficult. It is definitely worth the minimal training involved to become competent with the package. It is also easy to export reports in any format that you might need which comes in handy as the outside auditors. If a client is willing to put in slightly more time to learn the product, I would recommend it over Quickbooks.
  • Running reports
  • Exporting reports
  • Drilling down is simple
  • Sometimes the screens are busy which can make it easy to get lost
  • While the reports are great, you need to know where to look
  • Some areas could be more intuitive.
If a client is the right size with the appropriate personnel, I would definitely recommend Sage 50 Accounting. Sometimes if the staff is unable to understand basic accounting, QuickBooks might work better. But if there is a competent person willing to learn, then it goes much further than being a sophisticated check writing system.
May 21, 2015

Sage 50 Review

Several of our clients use Sage 50 Accounting; we use it to access their accounting records and print various reports we need in order to prepare income tax returns and provide consulting services.
  • Year end / period end closing
  • Account reconciliation
  • Report presentation
  • Ease of use for beginners
  • Easy access to detail of transactions
  • Wait times for certain functions
Sage 50 is better suited for someone who already has a moderate understanding of bookkeeping and needs a slightly more robust software.
February 04, 2015

Sage 50 Review

Sage 50 is used only by our accounting department to track the finances of the company.
  • Easy to navigate
  • Flexible
  • User-level security settings
  • Export / Import from Excel
  • Too many program updates without actual noticeable change.
  • Import of entries from Excel could be easier.
  • A/P Check writing is cumbersome and prints items that it shouldn't.
For general accounting use, the program works well for us. However, we use an outside payroll processor and a separate billing database for our detailed billing. Through the use of import/export, we are able to tie these together.

Pay calculation (9)
Benefit plan administration (8)
Direct deposit files (7)
Salary revision and increment management (8)
Reimbursement management (8)
API for custom integration (5)
Plug-ins (7)
Single sign-on capability (10)
9.8
Role-based user permissions (10)
Dashboards (13)
Bank reconciliation (14)
Expense management (13)
Time tracking (6)
10.0
Fixed asset management (8)
9.9
Multi-currency support (5)
Multi-division support (6)
Regulations compliance (6)
Electronic tax filing (3)
Self-service portal (4)
10.0
Global Financial Support (1)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (1)
Intercompany Accounting (1)
Localizations (1)
Journals and Reconciliations (4)
Enterprise Accounting (2)
5.9
Pricing (8)
Order entry (10)
9.8
Credit card processing (8)
Cost of goods sold (8)
Order Orchestration (1)
End-to-end order visibility (1)
Order exception Resolution (1)

About Sage 50cloud Accounting

Sage 50cloud Accounting (formerly Sage 50 Accounting, and formerly Peachtree), is an accounting software designed for small businesses. Sage 50cloud Accounting includes expense management, payroll, reporting, invoicing, and sales optimization features. It also enables cloud backup and integration with Microsoft Office Premium. The product can also integrate with other Sage products, including Payroll and Payment Solutions. It is sold on an annual or monthly basis.

Sage 50cloud Accounting Features

Has featureGet paid fast. Create quotes and sales orders, invoice customers and make sure they pay on time. Process credit cards to get paid even faster.
Has featureKeep control of expenses. Record bills, write checks and keep track of credits and returns. Analyze vendors to negotiate the best prices and reduce costs.
Has featureBe smart about managing money. Forecast cash needs now and into the future. Run ñwhat ifî scenarios and adjust cash in and cash out to cover upcoming expenses.
Has featurePlan and track inventory. Keep track of on-hands, issue automatic POs when inventory drops, and track performance of products and services.
Has featureManage jobs and projects. Break large jobs into phases, tracks costs by the phase and cost code, and bill as the job progresses.
Has featureAdd more users and controls whenever your growing business is ready.

Sage 50cloud Accounting Integrations

Analyza, Deltek TrafficLIVE, Projector PSA, QuoteWerks, Sage Payroll Solutions, Sage Payment Solutions, Sage Checks and Forms, Sage Mobile Sales

Sage 50cloud Accounting Competitors

Priority AccountEdge, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premium, QuickBooks Enterprises

Sage 50 Pro Accounting$299Per year
Sage 50 Premium Accounting$449Per Year
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting 3 UserStarting at $1,499Per year

Annual traditional plan with license, monthly, and annual subscription plans available.

Sage 50cloud Accounting Customer Size Distribution