Reviews (1-20 of 20)
- Integration to our accounting system allowing sales to view accounting info and accounting to view sales info.
- Integration to other applications. We have been able to integrate CRM to our marketing and support apps to create a 360 view of information about our customers in one place.
- Workflow. CRM has allowed us to create workflow around our key business processes.
- Reporting and Dashboards. CRM has great reporting and dashboard capabilities giving us visibility into performance quickly and efficiently.
- Interface is getting better but some areas need improvement still. Needs to be modernized.
- Better integration to other applications from the cloud version.
- Screen size could improve, sometimes need to scroll a bit much.
- Sage CRM offers a full set of features such as case management, marketing campaigns, sales process workflows, plus more for an organization to access and utilize while working with their clients. These are not always "included" in all the competitive products out there as they are in Sage CRM. These features can be game changers in working with leads, prospects or clients in taking customer service to the next level.
- There are multiple ways to sift through and gather groupings of companies or people within the Sage CRM database. You can use the Find function (search), Reports and Groups. Not only does this put the groupings in one place but it then allows you to do multiple things with them. You can group email, analyze, export, review, assign tasks, and so much more. Not only are these capabilities easy to use and execute but they are also trackable and reportable.
- For the on-premise version of Sage CRM there is the capability to integrate with many of the Sage ERP products. When these two solutions work together there is a seamless two way integration. This saves companies a lot of money and time. Money is saved on user licenses as you can differentiate certain users to just be in the CRM side versus the ERP side or both. Time is saved as Sales and other non ERP users will have real time information on their clients information, order history, account information, and capabilities to create quotes and place orders.
- Sage CRM, just like any software product, is reliant on outside factors. Sometimes all the pieces do not work together in ways they are supposed to due to versions, updates or other. For example. Outlook integration with Sage CRM is a great feature of the product but not always reliable. Sometimes it completely shuts down and needs to be reinstalled. Sometimes the capabilities are limited based on the versions you are trying to sync. I wish the integration was more consistent.
- Great value for what Sage CRM provides.
- It provides either onpremise or cloud based options which is still important with some clients.
- It links with ERP solutions that the client may already have especially other Sage products.
- When compared to other products such as Salesforce it doesn't compare.
- Sage CRM doesn't have the extensive app store that other CRM products have.
- Implementing the on-premise version can be difficult depending on the host database.
- Lead tracking. Sage CRM does a great job of helping salespeople keep track of their prospects, if the salesperson uses it correctly and keeps it up.
- Email Blasts. Our marketing team has used it since day one to send email blasts to all of our customers and prospects.
- Support. We have had an ACT rep come to our facility a few times to help walk us through updates and new services.
- Customization. The user database can be customized.
- New functions. Our management team has reviewed other CRM's that have capabilities that far exceed ACT.
- Customer Support. While I mentioned this as a strength, it's also a weakness for Sage. We have gone days without being able to get problems resolved in the past.
- The fact that we have to use Outlook to link the emails we send to customers to their account. My whole sales team prefers to use the gmail interface.
The user graphic interface is very well designed and very web oriented; it takes you to the exact screen you are looking for, and makes it easy to search, find and display the requested information. Sales quoting, Pipeline management and Forecast are easy to deploy and configure. Exporting a sales quote to a customized MS Word template was very convenient and easy to do by any user. I created different templates and mail merged all data from selected records with no problem. Also, CRM allows to collect and storage all documents and information related to a single lead, prospect or customer. Uploading reports and documents from other sources was a very quick and easy procedure that any user could do. I implemented the application on the company’s servers, so it was available through our local network. However, Sage allows online access too, with the same look and feel through a Web portal, so once the Web access was activated any user within my organization could access Sage CRM from any computer around the world. I had the chance to compare CRM Sage with other CRM in the market, and my conclusion was that Sage had the same standard features and offered pretty much the same benefits that other CRMs application from other vendors could do, at a fraction of the cost. It is a very good tool for any small and even medium size company.
- Sales Quote
- Opportunity management, pipeline and foreacasting
- Product list
- Reports configuration
- Integration with MS Outlook was not that great at the time
- Support from Sales Channels (sales distributors)
- Multi pricing - selecting different price lists (Incoterms) and multicurrency (online currency rates exchanges)
- Onsite training and certification on the application
Since SAGE CRM is browser based, all our team can use it from home or wherever they are in the field and this has been great when working with a number of freelancers who can be assigned just the case they are working on.
Because of its workflow capabilities, we received an instant positive feedback from clients who started to receive polished formatted emails giving details of their logged case and where it is in the system. This has in my view been a key factor in improving customer satisfaction over the years. More importantly, it means that our clients are confident that their issue or request is 'in the system' and thus do not need to chase us or when and if they do, they use their Case Number to refer to.
- SAGE CRM is a very clean and easy to use interface and easy to navigate around. Users seem to instantly understand with very little training where they are in the system, which is not always true of other system we have used in the past. The Key sometimes is removing 'clutter' for that user.
- Sales and Sales Manager tend to find it is very intuitive and since it is flexibly with its design, we have created various extra option to improve sales peoples management of Contracts, Events and even Samples, saving and eliminating multiple spreadsheets.
- Case Management and workflow capabilities together with the ability to offer Self Service and embed into your website has been very powerful and a number of client have found this can save them tremendous time. Adding in automatic notifications through a powerful workflow capability can save hours of time for the Users
- Flexible Reporting using a wizard approach means that the system is easy to train on and for users we find that they embrace this even more since they feel an ownership for the CRM system, something that all CRM User aspire too.
- Flexible licencing and Editions. Not always well known, but SAGE CRM has two editions (somewhat confusing) the Cloud or SAGE CRM.com doest use the same naming convention, but these are Standard And Advanced Editions. However, in particular, there is a Concurrent Licence option, albeit at a premium, but we once saved a client over £14000 on a 50 user system when they migrated to SAGE CRM Concurrent from their existing Named Licence CRM system, paying for the complete migration in year One
- In my view, there is no such thing as perfect software, it is always evolving and one area which I think would have been useful is the addition of a Contract Entity. Having said that, when needed it is actually once scoped quite a straight forward addition.
- More third party integration focus is needed, although there is now email marketing integration with Swiftpage, at long last, MailChimp integration is now going to be available in the next release (SAGE CRM 7.3) and this will open up more opportunities. Continuing on this theme, further integration options are needed still in my view
- The Look and Feel of SAGE CRM could do with a refresh, although this is coming, this is double edged sword, since the look hasn't changed since 2004, this has meant it is easy to train on (you can do themes) and users don't get confused with upgrades. Like all software, you need to have a contemporary design feel to help users, for example pencil icons used now for edit and gear icons for changes
Well over half of our Sage CRM customers are using the tool in all facets of their business and most of those organizations have also found benefit from integrating other technologies to manage their customer experiences and provide meaningful customer engagements. Integration includes marketing automation, ERP and order fulfillment as well as project management and billing systems.
- Sage CRM is very intuitive and easy to use. The benefit to organizations using this system is that users will find executing daily tasks seamless and accessing historical information easily while selling or servicing customers and prospects.
- The dashboards and reporting are extensive at both a global and a client level. In addition, these reports and dashboards are available through any interface (smartphone, tablet, browser). This makes accessing real time information in a meaningful way available to users easy through any device wherever the user is located.
- Escalations and workflow are also very powerful. Sage CRM uniquely provides the ability for users to execute workflow from within the context of the dashboards. What this means is that every day tasks can be executed quickly without lots of time searching through client records.
- One of the areas that Sage CRM is different is the way that Appointments and Tasks are delivered to the user in the interface. This presents a challenge in the way that most people utilize a Calendar in their daily execution. Many companies want to see a color coded Calendar for multiple team members and this is provided through a 3rd party.
- Executing workflow through the mobile device is another area that users have requested. With such a strong workflow and escalation engine extending to the mobile interface would be groundbreaking in the CRM industry.
- The data loading tools also need some work. In today's world we often extend the platform for unique entities and today we use 3rd party tools for any data migration besides basic customer and contact information.
- Offers on premise solution and is fairly easy to extend out. This is a key for us as we have many custom databases to link. At the time we made the decision we needed the ability to link to stored documents on our local network shares.
- At the basic is it a fairly decent CRM.
- User interface and Experience is outdated by todays standards. Little to no use of AJAX or any web refreshing standards. Requires users to leave and reload pages.
- Sage as a company is very tight lipped with information forcing users to only be supported by resellers. With such a small reseller community in the US, gaining information requires a lot of networking with people to find scraps of information.
- No encouragement for information sharing.
- Database tables are inconsistent in handling of data between entities.
- Outlook plugins are buggy. Exchange integration when attempted during version 6 left my IT staff with battle scars.
- Focus from SageCRM is toward managing Companies but not as strong at managing People/Individuals.
- Captures the complete detail of a person or company
- Allows for Data to be manipulated at any level. Canned processes and workflows to accurately control processes.
- Customer service cases allow for a complete view, communications and flexibility.
- Broader integration to Sage 100
- Great tool for lead funnel management.
- SageCRM is easy to customize if you have the right development partner.
- Easy to add user modifications and new data fields.
- SageCRM needs to integrate better to Social Media tools.
- SageCRM needs an app store and more out of the box modules.
- It would be nice if it was easier to navigate the data, sometimes you have to make unnecessary clicks to find information.
We also use add-ons such as knowledgesync to hook into the CRM and generate reports for things such as new leads and tasks. It is mostly used by the sales and management team.
- Rather high amount of customization when it comes to allowing your own custom fields on each screen.
- Search/Find function is rather quick and breaks down by categories (person, company, leads, opportunities, etc).
- Not very resource intensive when it comes to size and memory usage/sql.
- Easy to visually see all past and current opportunities and their statuses.
- Can only have one primary contact attached to each company. This causes quite a few issues when many of the companies we deal with have multiple primary contacts that need to be reached out to.
- Report building is lacking and the interface to do so could use work. Better off building custom Crystal Reports than using what they provide.
- Minor issue but no "copy" when making new users. Have to set up all the roles/permissions/settings individually.
For retail it is much more simplistic and easy to use. Storing all customer information along with communication info is simple.
- User friendly interface, upon moving to our new system this is the number 1 missed feature
- Highly customizable to your company's needs
- Reporting/Groups are easy to understand and flow in a logical direction
- Backend of Sage CRM can be difficult to comprehend and it is always easiest in terms of changing.
- Limited in dashboards.
- Can not customize on own, must hire outside services.
- Layout, it is very easy to see the whole picture
- Workflow, not only for individual contacts, but on the aggregate too, where in the pipeline are we with everything
- Timeline in communication, critical in negotiations.
- Make it easier to link related contacts
- Dialing function, so that software dials the number and automatically records date and time of call
- Interact with Thunderbird mail.
Sage addresses the old problem of losing track of what took place at meetings we were in. It gives us a quick reference for what was discussed when we meet the client again.
- Organizes companies and the employees that work at each one in a clear and concise manner.
- Enables us to easily generate emails for marketing campaigns to keep our clients more up to date to what is going on in our company.
- Support is always good so when we run into problems someone is there to help out.
- Not necessarily a problem with Sage in general but at first, the layout gets confusing. This is typical of any program that is new to a consumer.
- Easier navigation for getting email campaigns started.
- In my prior job with my current company, we used Sage CRM to create offer letters and send them directly from this system. It was quick and easy because their contact information was there and accessible..
- Also in my prior job I was tasked with working with out employees/consultants on leaves of absence. IN addition to tracking in our HRIS system, we also used this system since it's internally accessible to managers and others outside of HR. It was a very quick and easy process to update Sage CRM to reflect someone being out on LOA. It was just a quick to change them back when they returned.
- In working on employee situations, we are able access the work history portion on this system so we could see how long the employee was engaged with past clients, we easily located the supervisor, the sale rep and others we need to work with to complete the investigation process. It's all there, easy to access.
- I find SAGE CRM to be very user friendly. I'm not very technically savvy and this system was not intimidating for me to use.
- One thing I wish SAGE CRM could do functionally is to be better able to move around between the tabs. There are occasions where it's difficult to "go back" because it only goes back to far, or you have to exit the system and go back into the record. It can be annoying depending on what you are working on but it doesn't alter my feelings on the ease of using this system.
- It would also improve the functionality if the user was able to back out of the email option when working in the system. By this I mean, if I accidentally click on the email address of the employee when working in the file, I have to exit the record and get back into it to clear that function out. This was more of an issue when I was doing offers from this system.
- Tracking customer interaction
- Looking up all contact information about a customer
- Keeping track of a user's sales funnel
- Lack of social media integration
- Smaller feature sets limit some of the application usage for smaller companies
- Opportunities and lead tracking and reporting
- Communications hub of information all employees can access to create sales, orders, and follow ups to more sales
- Additional access to the SAGE ERP entry and inquiry functions
- SAGE ERP access should stay for orders and inquire. Sales and CRM go hand in hand not a data entry tool.
- Better connections with email suppliers and easier processes to send information back and forth to leads.
- Make the enter key the same as action on the screen, setups simpler for users. Make training material for users more accessible.
Sage CRM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Sage CRM
Over 14,000 small and medium sized companies across the globe use Sage CRM. The vendor says Sage CRM helps users to accelerate sales, drive business productivity and make customer interactions count. It is used by enterprising, growing companies seeking new ways to interact with customers, leverage the power of social media and leverage mobile developments to further grow their business.Sage ERP can be connected to Sage CRM. The vendor says this integration can yield better business insight, increased efficiencies and productivity, and a single, customer-centric view across their entire business.
Sage CRM Integrations
Sage CRM Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Sage CRM (on premise)||Lifetime License per Seat|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Sage CRM (cloud)||$45||Per User per Month|
Tiered pricing is available for multiple users.
Sage CRM Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Sage CRM Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Sage CRM Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||24 countries worldwide|