Sage One Accounting is online accounting software made to simplify life for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers by providing the functions needed to take care of daily business to-dos. Users can create and send professional quotes and invoices, track income and expenses and know where the business' financials stand. Every Sage One subscription includes unlimited access to support as well as automatic backups and product updates.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/L0/HW/HS7JF6V2NN39.pngDoes The Job Adequately For Most Small BusinessesSage One Accounting is one of a group of products that I've analyzed and implemented for some of my small business clients as appropriate. It is generally used organization wide and is intended to serve as a full functioning accounting system, inclusive of general ledger, A/P, A/R and payroll. It is generally appropriate for clients that meet certain criteria.,Connections to online financial accounts: Allows for real time updates of account balances. Cloud access: Use anytime anywhere without the upkeep necessary when hosting the software on one's own servers. Robust reporting: Excellent for viewing a business's metrics and performance in many different dimensions.,Time tracking: Functionality not present, so this would present a disadvantage in industries where billing requires this (ie. law, accounting firms, etc.) Interface could be improved: It doesn't have as user friendly an interface and navigation as competitors in the same category. It is somewhat dated in this regard. Inventory functionality could be more robust: Competitors have created stronger features in this area. Report customization options: Not as strong as competitors.,7,Ability to add-on: Positive ROI can be achieved by building you own customized solution by adding on partner apps. Such apps extend the functionality of the product to accommodate certain business requirements. Product is slower than competitors: Negative ROI as product seems to be comparatively slower than competitors when holding other variables constant (ie. browser version, Internet connection speed, etc.) In a busy accounting cycle, this can have a substantial impact. Also, back buttons don't allow for retaining same screen input data. Reports functionality strong: Positive ROI due to ability to view data in many dimensions/formats. Ability to connect financial accounts: Positive ROI as data from financial accounts automatically brought into the accounts where it can approved for posting, thus eliminating manual entry.,QuickBooks Online, Sage 50 Accounting, FreshBooks, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and Financial Edge,Proconnect Tax Online, Intuit Payroll, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, QuickBooks OnlineKeep up with technology and take your accounting to the cloud with Sage One AccountingAt Debrah Burleigh Accounting, my team is using Sage One in two ways. First some of my customers are using the invoicing aspect of the program to stay on top of their receivables and issue their own professional invoices. We import their information in to the Sage 50 where we do the rest of their bookkeeping for them. Secondly other customers are utilizing the full accounting software so they can better manage their finances and stay on top of their business rather than keeping receipts in a shoe box until year end. Whatever your business needs are it is an amazing program that my customers absolutely love and so do I it is easy to use and navigate through and easy for me to train my customers on.,The ability to log in to your accounting data anywhere you have internet. No sending backups to your accountant, no more trying to recover lost data, or having to log in to a server. This cloud hosted solution gives you a lot more freedom and flexibility as I can log in to it from any computer, or mobile device. The ability to send professional invoices or quotes to my customers while still at their location. Also the ability to easily track my receivables and stay on top of them as they are always right at my fingertips. Project tracking is a great feature. With this module you can send tasks associated with a project to your team without giving them access to your financial information. They can report to you where they are at on the project to help you stay on track. You can track the revenue and expenses associated with this project to make sure you are making a profit. Bank integration brings in all the transactions and easily lets you allocate to the appropriate revenue and expense account or match to sales invoices or purchase invoices saving you time in data entry. Sage One integrates with Sage Payment solutions or Paypal. By giving your customers more options to pay helping you stay on top of your receivables. I love how it imports into the Sage 50 Accounting software for those customers who still need the features and functionality of the desktop software. Just released the integration between Sage 50 and Sage One just got easier. The previous versions of Sage One and Sage 50 had the ability to download customer transactions from Sage One including invoicing, other income, bills, expenses, bank transfers and general journal entries to your Sage 50 accounting software. With the latest update for Sage 50 you can now automatically upload and map your Sage 50 customer records, vendors, accounts, inventory items, and tax codes to Sage One for a quick, easy setup and perfect record match every time. This makes things so much easier when setting up new customers in Sage One Now that important client information flows both ways, you can set up a new client in Sage One in minutes by accessing your Sage One connection wizard (under “file tab” in Sage 50 Accountants Edition) For the customers, vendors and accounts and products and services. The other information such as Sales invoices and other income, Bills and other expenses, Bank Transfers, general journal entries flow from Sage One to Sage 50.,It is currently missing the payroll module to make it complete but is on the road map and should be released soon. I am anxiously awaiting this release as it would make this accounting program complete. It will allow you to use products and services when invoicing but doesn't yet allow you to track quantity for your inventory but I believe that is also on the road map or you can always import your transactions in to Sage 50 where it will track your inventory for you.,10,I find my customers are always looking to me for the newest, latest and greatest products and technology that are available to help them be for efficient and keep up with their customers demands and they were happy when I was able to bring them Sage One, a cloud hosted solution. I find everyone is on the go these days and it is so much easier having a cloud hosted accounting software to be able to access our data anytime you need. Some benefits that I have noticed since using Sage One is better customer service, I am able to access my customer's data and give them the advice they need anytime, they don't have to wait until I get back to the office for answers that they need. It has also increased our efficiency by having the customer do their own sales invoicing and then we import the information in to the Sage 50 software for some of the customers saving us the time on duplicating the work of re-entering their sales invoices.,I have tried some of the other cloud accounting programs but I will not list names as I do not believe in bad mouthing the competition to make a particular product look better,4,4,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,No not at all. I have been very happy with Sage One and yes I have experience the odd hiccup along the way like with all other programs but what I loved the most was how quickly Sage was there to help and support me with whatever issue I was experiencing at the time. I also like how they are always asking what they can do to improve their product and how they actually listen and let us know what will be coming out to make the accounting system even better.,9,10,Yes,Yes as I explain in the previous section I received what I thought to be exceptional support when Sage provided two of their staff to assist me when I was having an upload issue in the beginning when the software was still new. I find the staff to always be so helpful and accommodating and go out of their way to ensure you are happy with the product. I also like how they are always asking for ways they can improve their product or service not to many companies remember to do that.,The new customer integration with the latest Sage 50 release, you can now automatically upload your Sage 50 Accounting customer records so if you are switching to Sage One or utilizing both software this makes things a lot faster and easier. The same goes for new vendors integration with the latest Sage 50 release, you can now automatically upload your Sage 50 Accounting vendors records so if you are switching to Sage One or utilizing both software this makes things a lot faster and easier. With the new update the chart of accounts, inventory items, and tax codes from your Sage 50 Accounting you can now automatically upload and map to Sage One for a quick, easy setup and perfect record match every time. The bank account set up and upload is very easy to do with step by step instruction to follow. Once your bank account is set up it is very easy to upload and match the transactions with customer or vendor paid invoices or to just expense each transaction at that time. Using and setting up the accepting credit card feature in the software is easy to do. I have found the rates to be very competitive if you would like to accept credit cards from your customers. I like this feature as when I send an invoice out it will include a pay icon for the customers convenience to click and pay their invoice right away. Uploading transaction from Sage One to Sage 50 if you are utilizing both Software programs like I do they have made this very fast and easy saving a lot of time and energy in reentering transactions. For example if your customer does their own sales invoicing it is nice to be able to upload them rather than reenter the information. Setting up your invoice layout is very easy and has a few choices to choose from and you can add your logo quickly and easily.,Inventory tracking is not yet available so this would be a challenge for some customers if this is a must in your company Payroll will be out shortly but right now if you have payroll you have to look at manual calculations of the deductions Other than that I find it very user friendly and easy to train my customers on.,Yes,10,10Sage One Accounting essential software for start-ups and small businessesSage One Accounting is the answer to all our financial/accounting processes. We originally got Sage One to provide professional looking invoices/quotes to our clients and then realised it had solutions for every accounting aspect in our business. Being online, we have access to our accounts anywhere, and that includes raising invoices immediately at a client, as well as updating expenses through the mobile app, no more need to collect receipts and post them to our accountant. Our accountant has access to all our records and does not need to come and see us, or even collect any documents/receipts/invoices from us. He can do all his reports and submissions without having to ask us. Everything is online. Being a small business this has really simplified our admin process as I have to fill many roles including the bookkeeper. Besides being extremely affordable their support is second to none. Whenever I have a question the support team goes the extra mile to assist me, this is key for us, as I do not have an accounting background. The setup and flow of the software is very intuitive and makes accounting easy to understand. I am by no means an expert, but Sage One has really revolutionised the way we manage the business's books. When I started using Sage One, I felt there were certain features that needed improving, and over the course of the year I have seen continual improvements in the package. Sage One is definitely progressive and I am confident that the software will never become stale. The only feature I would like to see added is a summary field for when you are creating invoices (currently you have to do this in Report Designer where you can customise your invoices/quotes), there is a suggestion field in the Contact Us section where I have suggested this, and I am pretty sure in no time this feature will be added.,Customised Invoice and Quotes through their Sage Report Designer Capture expenses (photo of receipt and details) through a dedicated mobile App Automatically update your bank feed Easy to understand Dash Board, to get a instant snapshot of where the business stands Accountant has access to your account and can do all the reports and submissions he has to without ever contacting you. Incredible support team!!,When creating an Invoice/Quote there should be a Summary Field where you can summarise what the Invoice/Quote is about, so that you do not have to go into Report Designer each time to add a custom field.,10,Improved admin efficiency Professional Invoicing with a link to a client portal where they can see their invoices etc Better customer service (able to produces quotes immediately from a mobile device),Implemented in-houseWhy Sage One is the One For MeAt Rein Business Services, we provide full-cycle bookkeeping to an array of customers. Based on our clients needs we recommend accounting programs or solutions and provide backup support to them. Sage One Accounting has provided a wonderful platform for our smaller clients to have an easy to use accounting program that they can access anywhere. It also allows us as their support team to provide real time help, and no passing copies of data back and forth. Sage One has been great for collaborating with our customers, some just want to maintain certain aspects of their business, e.g. invoicing, which we then can integrate into Sage 50.,Sage One is an easy to set-up and use program. With little time required, a small business can be up and invoicing clients with a professional looking system. The payment feature that integrates into the invoicing allows companies to receive payments at a much faster rate, increasing their cash flow. Sage One integrates easily in Sage 50 allowing a great collaboration between a business owner and their accounting team. There is no longer a lag time between waiting for paperwork to come in from clients, we can simply download their invoicing, help reconcile banks in real time. Sage One is accessible anywhere for my clients. They are no longer tied to a desk invoicing, collecting payments, or entering expenses. They can be anywhere in the world, on any device with internet. My clients can take holidays!,In the invoicing section, I would love to see a "recurring" button for faster entries for monthly billing clients.,10,Sage One has allowed us to provided better customer service to all our clients. It has allowed us to provide a reasonable price accounting product to our customer who typically just have handwritten invoices, or Excel spreadsheets. Sage One has reduced the manual data entry that my team does on a monthly basis, which in turn allows us to have more time for our customers.,,All my clientsSage One = User friendliness + FunctionalityWe use Sage One every day, it is used by a lot of our partners, as well as trainees. Many of our clients who have no or little accounting background, have found it very easy to adjust to using the program. The functionality and user friendliness of the program makes it a pleasure to work with. Also, the fact that it can be accessed from anywhere using an internet connection makes it even more convenient and has eliminated a lot of time management and on site consultation problems we have had in the past. There is no longer any need for us to drive out to the clients premises to provide assistance. Help is just a phone call and a click away.,The reporting functions in Sage One are particularly nifty and great for use in the presentation of financial information. The layouts are very well organised and the functionality and different options for using the reports are well thought out. The Report designer makes it quick and easy to make amendments to the document design and to add/remove to the design specified to the client's needs. The Quick View module and Dashboard module contribute to the user friendliness of the program which makes working with it even more of a pleasure. The required records/transactions have a very neat layout and the buttons are labelled very clearly. The overall functionality and user friendliness of the program makes it very easy to use and contributes to quick training. This increases productivity and decreases time and costs spent to implement the product.,There are some reports which could be improved to further progress the presentation of financial information and assist management with important decisions. There are some technical errors sometimes encountered - but these are usually internal(internet or lack of technological know how).,10,Increased employee productivity Better layout of financial data Shortened processing time Better representation of business activities,Pastel Partner,Pastel Express,Pastel My Business,50% to 75% of my clients
Sage One Accounting

Sage One Accounting Reviews

Sage One Accounting
Filter 30 vetted Sage One Accounting reviews and ratings
September 25, 2017

Sage One Accounting Review: "Does The Job Adequately For Most Small Businesses"

• Connections to online financial accounts: Allows for real time updates of account balances.
  • Cloud access: Use anytime anywhere without the upkeep necessary when hosting the software on one's own servers.
  • Robust reporting: Excellent for viewing a business's metrics and performance in many different dimensions.
  • Time tracking: Functionality not present, so this would present a disadvantage in industries where billing requires this (ie. law, accounting firms, etc.)
  • Interface could be improved: It doesn't have as user friendly an interface and navigation as competitors in the same category. It is somewhat dated in this regard.
  • Inventory functionality could be more robust: Competitors have created stronger features in this area.
  • Report customization options: Not as strong as competitors.
Sage One seems to compete at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of the complexity of needs of a particular business that is selecting an accounting system. It would be OK in a scenario where a user has more of an accounting background due to the more dated "accountant like" interface. The product is suited for a good variety of industries in the small business size category. However, some features where the product is weak would not make it appropriate for a specific industry (ie. time tracking as previously noted). The product for some reason has a couple of advanced features that you normally see on a higher end product (ie. multi-currency, for example), so the product could've been improved if some intermediate features had been developed instead.
Read Laurence Sarner's full review
March 16, 2016

Review: "Keep up with technology and take your accounting to the cloud with Sage One Accounting"

• The ability to log in to your accounting data anywhere you have internet. No sending backups to your accountant, no more trying to recover lost data, or having to log in to a server. This cloud hosted solution gives you a lot more freedom and flexibility as I can log in to it from any computer, or mobile device.
  • The ability to send professional invoices or quotes to my customers while still at their location. Also the ability to easily track my receivables and stay on top of them as they are always right at my fingertips.
  • Project tracking is a great feature. With this module you can send tasks associated with a project to your team without giving them access to your financial information. They can report to you where they are at on the project to help you stay on track. You can track the revenue and expenses associated with this project to make sure you are making a profit.
  • Bank integration brings in all the transactions and easily lets you allocate to the appropriate revenue and expense account or match to sales invoices or purchase invoices saving you time in data entry.
  • Sage One integrates with Sage Payment solutions or Paypal. By giving your customers more options to pay helping you stay on top of your receivables.
  • I love how it imports into the Sage 50 Accounting software for those customers who still need the features and functionality of the desktop software.
  • Just released the integration between Sage 50 and Sage One just got easier. The previous versions of Sage One and Sage 50 had the ability to download customer transactions from Sage One including invoicing, other income, bills, expenses, bank transfers and general journal entries to your Sage 50 accounting software.
  • With the latest update for Sage 50 you can now automatically upload and map your Sage 50 customer records, vendors, accounts, inventory items, and tax codes to Sage One for a quick, easy setup and perfect record match every time. This makes things so much easier when setting up new customers in Sage One
  • Now that important client information flows both ways, you can set up a new client in Sage One in minutes by accessing your Sage One connection wizard (under “file tab” in Sage 50 Accountants Edition) For the customers, vendors and accounts and products and services.
  • The other information such as Sales invoices and other income, Bills and other expenses, Bank Transfers, general journal entries flow from Sage One to Sage 50.
  • It is currently missing the payroll module to make it complete but is on the road map and should be released soon. I am anxiously awaiting this release as it would make this accounting program complete.
  • It will allow you to use products and services when invoicing but doesn't yet allow you to track quantity for your inventory but I believe that is also on the road map or you can always import your transactions in to Sage 50 where it will track your inventory for you.
The software is suited to many small business owners who want to track their sales and expenses in one location rather than having an invoicing program and tracking expenses on paper or Excel or not at all. This has so many easy to use features thus making a terrifying job for some so easy and seamless.
Read Debrah Burleigh CPB's full review
December 23, 2015

Review: "Sage One Accounting essential software for start-ups and small businesses"

• Customised Invoice and Quotes through their Sage Report Designer
  • Capture expenses (photo of receipt and details) through a dedicated mobile App
  • Automatically update your bank feed
  • Easy to understand Dash Board, to get a instant snapshot of where the business stands
  • Accountant has access to your account and can do all the reports and submissions he has to without ever contacting you.
  • Incredible support team!!
  • When creating an Invoice/Quote there should be a Summary Field where you can summarise what the Invoice/Quote is about, so that you do not have to go into Report Designer each time to add a custom field.
For small businesses this is a must. I am not aware of any other accounting solution that is so tightly integrated. Get an accountant who knows Sage One and get them to manage your accounts. This is a prefect solution for those who are on the road a lot and who are starting out.
Read Paul Westgate's full review
May 20, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "Why Sage One is the One For Me"

• Sage One is an easy to set-up and use program. With little time required, a small business can be up and invoicing clients with a professional looking system. The payment feature that integrates into the invoicing allows companies to receive payments at a much faster rate, increasing their cash flow.
  • Sage One integrates easily in Sage 50 allowing a great collaboration between a business owner and their accounting team. There is no longer a lag time between waiting for paperwork to come in from clients, we can simply download their invoicing, help reconcile banks in real time.
  • Sage One is accessible anywhere for my clients. They are no longer tied to a desk invoicing, collecting payments, or entering expenses. They can be anywhere in the world, on any device with internet. My clients can take holidays!
  • In the invoicing section, I would love to see a "recurring" button for faster entries for monthly billing clients.
I would highly recommend Sage One for the "shoebox" customers, or customers who typically use Excel spreadsheets to record their monthly transactions to give to their accounting team. It provides a wonderful entry level accounting software. I also recommend it to clients who hand-write their invoices, or have multiple workers in different sites invoicing. It provides a much more professional look, and allows to us to have less data entry in bookkeeping because we no longer have to manually enter into Sage 50.
Read Jaime Rein's full review
May 20, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "Sage One = User friendliness + Functionality"

• The reporting functions in Sage One are particularly nifty and great for use in the presentation of financial information. The layouts are very well organised and the functionality and different options for using the reports are well thought out.
  • The Report designer makes it quick and easy to make amendments to the document design and to add/remove to the design specified to the client's needs.
  • The Quick View module and Dashboard module contribute to the user friendliness of the program which makes working with it even more of a pleasure. The required records/transactions have a very neat layout and the buttons are labelled very clearly.
  • The overall functionality and user friendliness of the program makes it very easy to use and contributes to quick training. This increases productivity and decreases time and costs spent to implement the product.
  • There are some reports which could be improved to further progress the presentation of financial information and assist management with important decisions.
  • There are some technical errors sometimes encountered - but these are usually internal(internet or lack of technological know how).
The program is appropriate for use in all business types - especially if the business has many different branches located in different parts of the country/world. The fact that invoicing can be done from a mobile device by use of the friendly Sage One app also makes it easy to quickly conclude a sales transaction by issuing an invoice at the client office - shortens time, leaving more time for business.
Read Francis Pratt's full review
May 21, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "Sage One - The Future of Accounting"

It is currently being used in our business by almost all of the workforce. We promote the product to our clients and provide training on the product as well. It has addressed many problems for many of our users, ranging from user friendliness to functionality by providing our clients with the ability to access their records from anywhere providing the client has internet connection.
  • Functionality - Can be accessed from anywhere using internet connection.
  • User Friendliness - We found that training our clients takes very little time and encourages use.
  • Bank Processing - The automatic bank feeds leaves little room for human error and assists in timely and accurate processing.
  • Inventory is becoming an issue when we draw reports for clients. Inventory reflects on the Statement of asset and liabilities report but not on the Trial Balance report.
Sage One Accounting is great - there are some improvements which could assist in making it an even better product, but it is a very brilliant product that gives you access wherever you are and is very easy to work with. We have had very few problems with the product and are very happy with the customer service we have received.
Read Willem Jordaan's full review
May 16, 2015

Sage One Accounting: "Review by a small business owner without an accountant background"

I use it for bookkeeping purposes, and I am the only user in my company. At the end of the year, I make my accountant an administrator and he goes into my Sage One account and gets all the reports that he needs.
  • Very user-friendly interface
  • Customer service - always available
  • Reports - easy to produce and easy to read for non-accounting background
  • Short-cuts for inputting common entries instead of clicking everytime
  • A mobile app
  • Ways to set up prompts for the user
Sage One Accounting is well suited for a small business that does not have an accounting department or people without an accounting background.
Read Brenda Ip's full review
May 06, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "Sage One is a Beta Product"

We are using Sage One as our small business accounting package. We chose it because it is online, tracks our provincial and federal taxes, and gives our bookkeeper access to our accounting system without having to upload files. Other features that guided our choice were the price and the ability to generate invoices directly from the software.
  • Anywhere access
  • Ability to invoice directly from software, with pay by credit card or Paypal integrated into the invoice.
  • Interacts with your bank to download and automatically match transactions
  • The invoices do not have enough customization. Stock layouts are not pleasing, or straight forward
  • Needs a statement report that you can send out to customers
  • Interface times out if you don't click save without notification. You will go to save a long quote and be told that the system signed you out, forcing you to start over.
  • Invoice numbers should be present throughout the invoice screens. Can only see invoice number from list screen and report, not while editing invoice.
  • Needs an outstanding invoice screen that shows all customers that owe money
  • Sorting doesn't stay, need to reset everytime
Our accounting needs are very simple, yet Simply Accounting One does not meet them. There are plenty of free accounting programs available that have more features and a more polished interface. If you are considering looking at Sage One I would take a close look at Wave or Xero.
Read Corey Magowan's full review
May 04, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "SageOne Successful for Startups"

Sage One is our basic accounting resource. We use it to provide professional quotes and invoices to our clients, track our billing and expenses, and record our products and services. It allows us to access records on the road and off site while keeping things up to date in real time.
  • Sage One is customer focused which is great! The invest a lot of time and resources into evaluating the customers' needs to improve the product.
  • Conveniently generates various reports that allow you to review the financial status of your company in a few clicks.
  • Provides the ability to link business accounts to the software...whether they are online or brick and mortar. This allows for a seamless snapshot of your cashflow.
  • I've been asking... in my line of business, I could really use a PACKING SLIP that aligns with my Invoices. My customers ask for them and I have to use another software program to generate it since its not avaiable on Sage One.
  • It would be great to have the option to get audio tutorials that we could enable or disable when going to links we have not used yet. Many of the terms are accounting based but for someone who doesn't know how a certain feature could be used a 45 second tutorial would be great.
  • Along the same line... a link to the Sage One Community blog would also be good to connect the customer with others generating the same needs/ideas and sharing tips to engage more fully into the software.
For those who have more advanced businesses than I do as a start up, Sage One may not have enough features/specifics for mid-level companies. They may need to consider a more advanced Sage product.
Read Denise Zannu's full review
May 04, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "SageOne for Mom"

Sage One is the accounting program we have just switched to. We run on Macs and the previous program we used only ran on PC's. The move over to Sage one was very easy for our office, and our accountant is very pleased with the ease as well.
  • The ability to access our account from an iPad or iPhone is huge. Being at my son's games, and able to work as well, makes it easier and much more enjoyable to be a working mother.
  • Creating and sending invoices is very easy, and looks professional.
  • Support is a click away, or even a phone call if you really want to speak directly to someone.
  • I would like to be able to run a report of all invoices that have been emailed, and how long ago they were sent.
  • I would also like to change what name is used from the contact when sending an invoice by email.
I have been more than happy with Sage One; it is easy, to the point and quick.
Read Cheryl DeMeo's full review
August 19, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "Daycare made easy"

I believe this was the best thing I could have done for my business when I starting using Sage One. It has given me access to figures and stats on a daily basis and also helps me in the way I handle my customers. It has freed up more time for me to concentrate on my clients and at the same time offer them a more professional approach on my admin side.
  • The product is extremely user friendly and very easy to use
  • The invoicing system is great as I do not need to create new invoice each month which saves me lots of valuable time
  • I have an update on what is happening with my customer accounts and finance at the click of a button
  • I am happy at this stage and look forward to more additions to make life even easier then it already is
I always ask what it will do to help me improve my business and set me apart from others in my industry?
Read Leisel Petrie's full review
May 07, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "Sage One Invoicing and Accounting for Small Businesses"

Sage One is used for quoting and turning quotes into invoices.
  • Sage One is backed by years and years of experience producing great general ledger accounting applications and services.
  • Sage One has competent and friendly sales and support.
  • Sage One has great quality at competitive prices.
  • So far nothing to report here!
It is nice having a robust client quoting system that can job cost, produce invoices and post to accounts receivable and general ledger.
Read James Prime's full review
May 07, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "Easy-to-use multi-functional accounting tool for small business"

We currently use Sage One Accounting to keep track of all bills, expenses and wholesale client invoices. We also use the reporting features to look at past and present progress. The problem it solves is keeping all of these areas under one roof, easily manageable by and exportable for company use. It is being used by the billing department.
  • Seamless invoicing for wholesale clients
  • Easy to use tracking of bills and expenses
  • Vital reporting features to view the progress of the company
  • My only real complaint is the inability to void invoices. The only option is to delete them, which wouldn't allow us to look back and view them. Instead, I leave them as unpaid.
It is well suited for small companies and employees who aren't tech-savy. It's very easy to use.
May 05, 2015

Sage One Accounting Review: "The "Easy to Use" Sage"

We have been using this product to handle all of our accounting for our business. We are using it for our whole business.
  • It is a user friendly product. There is not a lot of unneeded sections of the product that make it cumbersome.
  • It is easy to navigate and the reports are very clean and easy to read.
  • Provides some nice forecasting a company overview insight on the main page.
  • Making the dates "sticky" would be a very helpful tool for us. We would like the ability to navigate between pages without having to reset drop down items each time.
  • We would like to be able to personally organize our reports so they specifically fit our needs.
I think the price point is a good selling factor.

Pay calculation (2)
Benefit plan administration (2)
Direct deposit files (3)
Salary revision and increment management (2)
Reimbursement management (3)
API for custom integration (4)
Plug-ins (3)
Single sign-on capability (9)
Role-based user permissions (10)
Dashboards (12)
Cash management (10)
Bank reconciliation (11)
Expense management (11)
Time tracking (3)
Fixed asset management (6)
Multi-currency support (2)
Multi-division support (3)
Regulations compliance (6)
Electronic tax filing (1)
Self-service portal (8)
Global Financial Support (1)
Journals and Reconciliations (1)
Configurable Accounting (1)
Standardized Processes (1)
Inventory tracking (6)
Automatic reordering (2)
Location management (3)
Manufacturing module (2)
Pricing (6)
Order entry (6)
Credit card processing (7)
Cost of goods sold (8)
6.7
Branded client dashboards (5)
Client data roll-up capabilities (2)
Client data consolidation for benchmarking (3)
Configurable alerts (2)
Billing bypass (2)
Client template cloning (2)
Single sign-on (6)
Configurable client onboarding questions (3)
Cross-client workflow management (2)
Industry-specific versioning (3)
Legacy system data migration (3)

About Sage One Accounting

Sage One Accounting Features

Has featureSimple accounting - Online accounting software that makes it easy to understand and eliminates unnecessary steps that slow you down.
Has featureEasy invoicing - Creating and sending online invoices are about as fast as point, click, done. Choose your invoice template, add your logo, include the details, and hit send. The faster you invoice, the quicker you get paid.
Has featureBusiness insights - Over 15 built-in reports and statements to tell you exactly where you stand.
Has featureQuotes/Estimates - With Sage One, it's super simple to look professional with customizable quotes and estimates that reflect your business' brand.
Has featureBank integration - Once you connect your financial accounts with Sage One, importing and categorizing your bank and credit card transactions is automatic.
Has featureUnlimited support - Phone, email, chat, and online support included.

Sage One Accounting Screenshots

Sage One Accounting Integrations

Sage Payment Solutions, PayPal

Sage One Accounting Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Sage One Accounting Free$0Per User per Month
Sage One Accounting Premium$5Per Month [Unlimited Users]

Versions and pricing listed are for US products. Versions available and pricing may vary by country.

Sage One Accounting Support Options