May 16, 2022

I love Salesforce CMS!

May 03, 2022

Get everyone on the same page!

April 29, 2022

Salesforce for organization

April 26, 2022

• Role-based user permissions (38)
  • API (37)
  • Community / comment management (32)
  • Page templates (31)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Salesforce CMS, and make your voice heard!

What is Salesforce CMS?

12 people want pricing too

What is Contentful?

Contentful is a cloud based CMS solution that provides the ability to manage content across multiple platforms.The editing interface allows for managing content interactively and provides developers the ability to deliver the content with the programming language and template framework of their…

What is SharePoint?

Microsoft's SharePoint is an Intranet solution that enables users to share and manage content, knowledge, and applications to empower teamwork, quickly find information, and collaborate across the organization.

Product Demos

Salesforce CMS Demo | Salesforce
01:23

Security

Platform & Infrastructure

Web Content Creation

Web Content Management

What is Salesforce CMS?

Salesforce CMS is a hybrid CMS allowing users to author content once and deliver it anywhere, in or out of Salesforce. In CMS Workspaces, users create content, define content access, and define channels so they can share content and limit access to appropriate contributors. For an experience built with Salesforce, users can choose from two of the company's “what-you-see-is-what-you-get” (WYSIWYG) tools: Experience Builder and Commerce Page Designer. If the user wants to deliver content onto a third-party site, experience, or mobile app, the system's headless APIs can deliver the content. Salesforce' "unlimited" content management for experiences at scale is available at $10,000 per org / per month.

Salesforce CMS Video

Salesforce CMS Demo | Salesforce

Salesforce CMS Technical Details

Reviewers rate Role-based user permissions highest, with a score of 8.5.

The most common users of Salesforce CMS are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

May 16, 2022

Salesforce CMS

It helps solidify our content and keeps things clean and organized. I love its ability to allow our end-users to collaborate in the creation, editing, and production of digital content such as web pages, and blog posts. This brings the team synergy and allows us to get a lot more tasks done as a team overall.
  • Multiple integrations
  • Ease of use
  • Content delivery
  • Language support
  • Functionality can be improved
  • More license availabilty
Great to use across companies with different parts of the organization to collaborate and create content. Being that we can deliver content to our employees and our customer base leaves everyone with a better experience overall. We recognize that both sides of the business need to be satisfied, thus having a tool like this makes everyone's lives easier and tasks more attainable
Luis Amelinckx | TrustRadius Reviewer
Salesforce CMS has given us: - visibility of leads, prospects, and customers - a good understanding of pipeline and forecast management - the ability to track customers' interactions and bring fluent communication - the ability to create customized reports and friendly dashboards - an amazing insight into the metrics or KPIs more important for the organization - the versatility and scalability needed for company growth - a capability on integration with other platforms (MapAnything, Groove, Five9, etc.)
  • Ability to track customer interactions and communications
  • Optimal customer relationship management
  • Better integration and reporting platform
  • Customizable to fit any organization CRM needs
  • Single trustable source for any customer-centric organization
  • Search function sometimes gets stuck
  • Self-training videos are needed for exploiting Salesforce CMS fullest
  • Duplication of information is not halted
  • Set up process is lengthy and time consuming
More appropriate in:
- maintaining a central location to store all customer data - the sales team will make more informed sales decisions
- improving communication throughout all organizations - avoid the silo mentality
- improving sales & marketing synergies
- automating the business process - touchpoints integration
Less appropriate in:
- customer interactions do not need to be logged automatically
Salesforce CMS allows me to manage my book of business. It helps me stay organized, manage the leads we get, build reports for forecasting and helps us collect the data we need to make business decisions. It allows me to record my activity with how many calls and touchpoints I do to each person I am working with!
  • Customization
  • Data Collection
  • Glitches
  • Send sequences within the platform
  • more user friendly
In my opinion, I think that Salesforce CMS is great for larger companies who are looking to scale! It allows you to keep track of your growing team's activity and does a great job of syncing to other tools that the sales team will likely use on top of Salesforce. I create my own dashboard to see my success!
We use Salesforce for ticketing purposes and for change requests. At present, the entire organization uses it for communication and information on service desk calls. The scope is mainly in Incident and Problem Management in the ITIL lifecycle. It is also used for auditing purposes and quality assurance by the senior management.
  • A good interface for service calls.
  • Easy to communicate with the users.
  • Detailed view of change requests in one page.
  • Search function could be better.
  • The list view for the ticketing queue could be improved.
  • Arrangement of fields in a ticket could be a bit more concise.
It is a very useful tool for communicating with all the stakeholders involved in a production release or a standard change. Also tagging users to a particular ticket for additional information or assistance is quite simple. It allows uploading attachments easily for more clarity on the change requests and the issues being faced by users.
I use Salesforce every day to keep track of all my tasks. It keeps me on top of my work. I use it to record everything about an account and/or contact. It is our single source of truth within all the tools the company uses. It really keeps things organized when used correctly.
  • Customizable
  • Organization
  • It would be nice if the customization was a little easier to navigate
  • Merging duplicate accounts or contacts doesn’t always go as planned
  • You need someone very knowledgeable to be an administrator
Salesforce is great when you have more than one person collaborating on an account together. Everyone can see everything and you can assign other people on your team different tasks. As long as everyone uses the software correctly it can be a wonderful tool! The only time I have seen it be a less appropriate tool is on the inbound marketing side.
Swarup Sangale | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently managing a program to train and certify individuals in my organization. We have created an user interface from where users can enroll to the program. The details submitted by the users then added to the Salesforce and we can manage it through CMS. Sometimes users face issue while submitting the registration due to OTP issues. Through CMS we can get the OTP for these individuals and provide it to them. Also, whenever users are unable to complete any steps through UI, we can complete it through backend from CMS.
  • User management
  • Easy to navigate
  • Application Development
  • Some of the features like algorithms
If we want to create a form for registration to a particular program and we want to manage it from backend, then Salesforce CMS is a perfect tool. The user management through CMS is quite easy. The tool is easy to navigate and no hands on knowledge required to work in it.
Chauntée Nicole Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Salesforce to make notifications to other team members about customer implementation journeys. I use it to denote if a customer is launched or not launched. I also denote whether I am experiencing complications with a customer. Salesforce really captures the data from the initial sales calls and that data transfers to ChurnZero which helps me dictate what implementation a customer should be in.
  • Customer Relationship Management is made so much easier by using Salesforce. I love the ability to move between customer contacts easily and to chatter with my other teammates.
  • It’s so beneficial to have more industry data and to store it in Salesforce. From comparing my customers, I can make better recommendations as to what practices will be most beneficial and productive for them to use.
  • I love the integrations that I can use with Salesforce. It will document the communication I’ve had between customer contacts. It also documents tasks for me to complete regarding their implementations. I find it so easy to navigate to find good data.
  • In Salesforce I can also see the files and contractual agreements customers signed, and I love that it’s easy to find in their profiles. It’s helpful because sometimes my coworkers do not add the files to the google drive folders we use for storing customer facility data, so this is a great backup resource.
  • I would love the ability to use this more for Implementation Journeys.
  • The profile settings can be hard to manage or navigate if you don’t know what to look for. Additional pop-up boxes or icons with further explanations would be helpful.
  • I’m not sure if this isn’t an option but being able to customize the steps for the customer’s stage depending on their tier or subscription would be helpful too.
Prospecting, tracking activity & prospect interaction, housing contacts, keeping notes on my accounts, performance KPIs, quota & pipeline attainment.

Business Problems: organization, activity tracking, one-stop-shop for all accounts.
  • Performance dashboards & activity tracking.
  • Integrations with ZoomInfo & LinkedIn.
  • List views & contact views.
  • We use Salesforce classic which is slow & doesn't have a great UI in my opinion.
  • I wish you could hover over contacts and view recent activity.
  • Lots of glitches that are time-consuming (when editing a contact, there are a lot of error messages).
Well Suited: exporting contacts, researching accounts, stack ranking yourself against other teammates' performance.
Less appropriate: there aren't many ways to "mass edit" contacts or accounts - making it manual.
Gabriela Mello | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my organization, we use Salesforce CMS to manage our client's pipeline and the funnel of sales that we are following with clients. It helps us to have a forecast about what we are going to sell and predict what we have to do to reach our goal of sales. It really helps us to have dashboards that show our activities, opportunities, leads to talk, etc. It solves the problem to manage our opportunities and analyze how we are doing our job and what we have to do to reach the amount we need.
  • Manage Opportunities of Sales
  • Dashboard of improvement
  • Manage leads and contacts
  • Organize accounts
  • Organize funnel of sales
  • It's not that easy to work on in my opinion.
  • Understand better duplicate accounts.
Salesforce CMS is perfect to manage clients' pipelines and the funnel of sales that we are following with clients. It helps us to have a forecast about what we are going to sell and predict what we have to do to reach our goal of sales. It really helps us to have dashboards that show our activities, opportunities, leads to talk, etc. I think is not that well suited or necessary if the role did not depend on data analysis.
Ralph Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the software as a strategic tool for prospecting and maintaining customer accounts.
  • Keeps prospect and customer conversation history.
  • It provides virtual files for company and enterprise data.
  • It provides a road map for strategic follow up.
  • I would like to see Salesforce having a module that's similar to Salesloft cadence software.
  • I think it could better augment email templates.
Compared to other CRM's, I think Salesforce is the most popular due to its robust design. I would like to see them have a more flexible format for visual purposes.
January 06, 2022

Salesforce is a Beast!

Salesforce is currently being used by Sales/Customer Support, Marketing and our finance department. For our company, Evoca TV, it allows us to track customer's orders, fulfill easily, communicate between agents and implement 3rd party support.
  • Order management
  • Customer organization
  • Sales metrics
  • Cart integration ease of setup
Salesforce is well suited for any company, small or large, who needs a very powerful tool to keep customer information, orders and payments organized. May not be suitable for small businesses on a budget
SFDC is used across the organization, by sales, marketing, and support roles. We manage accounts, opportunities, news, and contacts in the product. We run weekly and monthly reports to show sales, opportunities, and how news and other analysis affect different KPIs. We use personal and departmental dashboards to track our performance against set KPIs.
  • It's easy to see open opportunities for an account and its entire hierarchy.
  • It's easy to see existing users for an account and its entire hierarchy.
  • Dashboards make it easy to track KPIs.
  • Tasks and posts make it easy to communicate with other users.
  • I like the highlighting of duplicates and how relatively easy it is to merge accounts.
  • You have to scroll down a long way to see important details in an account.
  • It can be difficult to choose the correct report type when creating a new report.
  • Account and opportunity fields are not set up for ease of use in my opinion.
SFDC is good for creating reports to reflect sales, customer complaints, KPIs, etc. It can be difficult to choose which report type to use when creating a new report, but once that is done, it's fairly easy to choose the information you wish to display, to filter and sort it, and to move it around. It's good for creating news stories, opportunities, and other items that apply to specific accounts.
We have internal support for Salesforce, which is always excellent, timely, and helpful. I don't know what Salesforce support is like, as I have not been involved with any interactions with the company directly. I am grateful to the knowledgeable administrator at our company for taking care of all support-related issues.
November 24, 2021

Gets the job done!

Sameer Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Salesforce to manage my leads and funnel optimization. I needed a CRM that would allow me to upload a lot of leads and manage them efficiently. Salesforce did the job really well. We were using excel before Salesforce for opportunity management but the change to Salesforce really helped with opportunity management and increasing efficiency in sales.
  • Lead Management
  • Displaying the Funnel
  • Converting Leads to Opportunities
  • Adding Notes to Accounts
For example, [...] we needed it is when we had an opportunity and it was going through several stages and when we asked a rep where the opportunity was - there was no insight as to how and where the opportunity was. Therefore, with Salesforce we were able to get it done.
SalesForce is being used across departments. It was initially used by Marketing and Administration teams. Marketing used it for leads and sales and it was already linked to the organization's online shop and Administration takes care of what happens after the lead is converted into a sale. I have been involved with the Learning Management System and all three departments have been interlinked so that there is a smooth transaction for our customers from the first interaction until they have finished a product with us - including reviews.
  • Lead Management
  • Customer Information Storage and Automation
  • Easy access when particular information is needed about the customer
  • Detection of multiple entries having the same information
  • Though detailed, it has a lot of cells to be filled
  • User interface and usability
Salesforce is a one-stop-shop platform that is easy to link with other tools in order to allow automation. It is very helpful in storing all of the customer information and it helps in the efficient use of information from one platform to another without hitches. It is very appropriate for organizations with so many leads, customers, and prospects.
I think it is less appropriate for start-ups though if the start-ups eventually boom, it is still one of the best CRM in the market.
We are using Salesforce for all our CRM needs, and we have it linked to all of our systems, both in the cloud and local. We used to have a local CRM solution from Microsoft but we moved to SalesForce as a SaaS solution, and it solved our need to have constant communication and access to our sales information, our sales team, and all the details we require to do our sales-related jobs. We also use it to generate our sales funnel, our sales information that we use to generate all of our end-of-fiscal-year reports, and basically every sale and purchasing decision that we do as a business uses Salesforce. The only issue we have is that the Android app is not as good as it could be.
  • Always on access to all of our sales information.
  • Quick and easy generation of content filled reports.
  • Easy to modify and add or remove options and information as we require.
  • Cost effective and with great support.
  • Able to modify the core values and options (for a price).
  • 24x7 support that actually is 24x7.
  • The mobile app does not have the options and information we need.
  • The new redesign that happened during 2019 makes it harder and slower to use.
  • Due to the changes brought on by the new versions, we had to update most of our reports.
  • They changed their pricing during 2020, we did not get really affected by it, but it might hurt us later since we are adding new people.
If you have a company that is sales driven and that has plenty of requirements as far as sales information, quotations, and invoicing. Your company has to have a lot of sales movement and sales requirements for a CRM solution to work and to work well. The company has to have a certain size of sales and clients since Salesforce is a costly solution that has to make sense as far as purchasing and expenses go. Also, it works great for any company that has a traditional (funnel) sales process, since it makes it easier to use this model to drive the options down the funnel and generate real sales and real money.
We use Salesforce [CMS] across our entire organization. Sales, marketing, accounting, claims management, client facing portal, etc. It helps us with organizing leads through the sales funnel, marketing to them, client communications, handling the entire claims management, billing, and recovery process, reporting, forecasting, budgeting, tracking payments, sales commissions, accounting, internal communications with staff.
  • Lead management
  • Account management
  • Campaigns
  • Search and duplicates
I would say Salesforce [CMS] is well suited to any company with a sales team, account managers, client service, etc. Salesforce [CMS] could be more intuitive and user friendly, especially with functionality and changes. The fact that you have to purchase apps to do things the software should be able to provide can be disappointing.
We use Salesforce CMS to create and update digital content for internal or external publication. It is a technology platform that allows us to create, edit, produce, and organize digital content our company uses it in the marketing department. It addresses the company's need to create fast content and a platform that is flexible.
  • Powerful CMS platform
  • It can add/remove features to suit your needs
  • It is accessible round-the-clock from anywhere worldwide
  • The lengthy learning curve of the platform
  • Configuration & setup is time-consuming and complex
  • Cluttered interface makes navigation and simple tasks unnecessarily complex
  • Pricing
Salesforce CMS is well suited for companies that have online remote teams that needs to effectively manage relationships with their customers. It is great for a company that wants to manage its sales. Salesforce CMS is less appropriate for individual or small businesses that have less than 100 staff.
May 24, 2021

Organize it all!

They offer a lot of good solutions for our business uses. It is really handy in keeping all of our content organized and in one place. A lot of departments across the organization use this system. It is very handy to have everything that is very easy to use. It makes it easy for each department to plan campaigns and see what else they could plan out and collaborate on. I think it helps quite a lot.
  • Organization of files, materials, etc.
  • Collaboration with viewing what other departments have planned.
  • Collaboration
  • Organization
It has really helped us maintain our marketing materials in one safe and organized place. It is pretty intuitive, so that helps an awful lot. We really like how it works. It is really appropriate for most use cases. There is not a lot that it wouldn't be good for. If you're looking for something to optimize your marketing materials, plans, and executions of campaigns, this is a great tool.
Salesforce is only being used in our sales department. There are eight people in the sales department. In our other departments, they use another CRM but they have been talking about moving over to Salesforce. The problem that it addresses is that it manages all our clients and prospect in the software. It keeps us organized.
  • Keeps clients and leads organized.
  • Easy to schedule appointments with Salesforce.
  • Integrates other software.
  • Can be a little smoother.
  • Lightning is not organized well.
  • Classic is slower than lighting but more user friendly.
Salesforce is the best CRM I have used. It is user-friendly and easy to manage clients and prospects in the CRM.
Salesforce CMS is used globally by Demand Generation, Sales and CS teams of the whole company to plan, manage and analyze activities related to prospects and customers. From lead generation to customer acquisition, the platform provides any relevant data related to churn/upsell/new business opportunities and activity history of every account.
  • Track Account Historical Data
  • Manage Customer Contacts
  • Monitor Business Opportunity at every stage
  • The interface of the tool could be more user friendly
  • Faster conversion process of leads into contacts
  • Add analytics (views and downloads) to file sharing via link
Salesforce is very useful to manage leads and opportunities globally. As Sales Account, I use the tool to organize the pipeline and analyze sales forecasting. Once the customer is acquired, the tool serves as main point of information for client related activities. Additionally, the tool is integrated with the Finance operations and it provides information related to invoicing status.

Salesforce CMS is used across a few different departments at my organization. ExCo, Client Succes, Implementation, Sales, and a few others all have access to the database. It is exhaustive, deep, and has many features. Sales uses Salesforce for pretty much everything - all activities must be tracked and logged, tasks and opportunities are created and then followed up on, Won / Lost deals are in there too. It's very handy for managing all aspects of the sales cycle from cradle to grave. There are filters you can play with to sort by your owned accounts, you can see who is reaching out to them, and it syncs up with our activity from other tools like Outreach and ZoomInfo. It really is an entire database that works nicely across the board. Any communications with prospects or clients are synchronized and used for reference. Additionally, it forecasts projected revenue, and keeps track of what team member is doing what.
  • Tracking
  • Clunky
  • Slow computer
  • Could use a modern UI refresh
  • Better IOS app
Salesforce CMS is well suited for anything sales. If you need information on an account, want to touch your old accounts, need to get a better idea of ownership by vertical, or want to estimate revenue from your pipeline, it is very A-OK. We use Salesforce to open, close, and study prospects to later convert them into closed deals. There is a section for notes to detail about each and every account. You can add contacts in, complete with their title, email, cell phones, and other additional info, and since our program is sync'ed up with Outreach.io you can make an immediate call from the Salesforce page. It's a must if you are growing your company and want to stay organized within multiple departments.
Salesforce CMS is used by our whole company to to manage and track leads/contacts through the whole sales process, starting with initial interest.
  • Simple
  • Easy to understand
  • Easy to learn
  • Too many features sometimes
  • Slow to load
It's very well suited for any sales organization. Keeping leads and contacts organized and following a deal throughout a sales cycle is required and Salesforce CMS helps you do that.
Jonathan Thommarson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Salesforce [CMS] to help with client lead management. We also use it for our referral partner management. Salesforce [CMS] is a fairly intuitive program to use and our company provides great raining for it along with training inside Salesforce. Allowing us to have "Nurturing" campaigns that are mostly hands off is a great asset to our business as it keeps the brand in the forefront of the customer or prospect's mind.
  • Automated
  • Intelligent
  • Feature rich
  • High road to entry
  • Very detailed and complex
  • Not easily navigable fro new users
I believe with the proper training and exposure to Salesforce [CMS], it can be a huge win for your company. It has a ton of detailed fields and analytics that can help your business grow it's customer base and drive your dashboards higher. Plan to have a lot of upfront training and ongoing training with the software. If you are not a large organization, you might be better off skipping Salesforce for the time being.
The entire organization uses Salesforce as a task manager and order database, keeping track of everything with an automated dual identification system. We can track and manage multiple job request through multiple departments simultaneously while focusing on the task at hand. The messaging system within Salesforce is a great way to record and communicate.
  • Implementing rules that cannot be broken
  • Transparency in tasks and assignments
  • Ease of communication with your team through SF
  • Lack of spell check continues to be an issue
  • Implementation of a style guide would be helpful
  • Learning curve is steep with older demographics
For any business where tasks are initiated and completed through multiple departments, Salesforce is a great tool that boosts productivity and efficiency. In companies that have offices across the country that initiate tasks to a central office, Salesforce is ideal for workflow and communication because it's easy to use for seasoned computer users.
April 30, 2021

Salesforce CMS Review

We use it for Sales Department, Marketing Department, Billing Department, Finance & Accounting as well as Lab to track and manage our sales. It begins with potential sales, then orders. It offers us data on sales performance by Sales Rep, Territories, and other potential sales opportunities. We also forecast future revenue and cash collections based on historical trend.
  • It stores a lot of data.
  • It is easy to set up detailed dashboard.
  • It allows customized reports.
  • It takes time to download multiple years data.
  • Can't put quota in SFDC. Have to manage actual vs. quota offline via Excel.
  • The email subscribe function does not have raw data, only provides the end reports.
It allows each sales rep to track their sales in a timely fashion. But they only can see their actual sales, not the comparison to their quota since the quota are not uploaded to SFDC. Our current rankings and commissions are based on performance to their quota, not actual sales volumes.