Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Price adjustment (29)
Quote sharing/sending (29)
Attachments to quotes (29)
Product configuration (30)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Salesforce CPQ, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Supported: PRICE & QUOTE: Ensure consistent pricing and discounting. Generate customer-friendly quotes easily and accurately.
- Supported: PROPOSALS & CONTRACTS: Create professional-looking branded proposals and contracts.
- Supported: ORDERS & RENEWALS: Automatically generate renewal quotes. Apply existing contracted terms and prices to add-on orders.
- Supported: PRODUCT CONFIGURATOR: Configure products and services based on your business rules and logic.
- Supported: GUIDED SELLING: Help your sales reps select the right products and services for each customer every time.
- Supported: RESELLER CHANNELS: SteelBrick CPQ for Communities is an online selling platform that connects your resellers and distributors to your own sales processes and resources.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||30%|
|Mobile Application||Other: Salesforce1|
- Better control over discounting by sales people.
- Easy-to-use, next-generation app that is part of the Sales Cloud solution.
- Salesforce CPQ delivers next-generation service which is easy to implement than other CPQ applications.
- It's built using the standard objects in Salesforce like quotes and products.
- Desktop Experience is not supported for mobile browsers.
- While selecting Primary Contact on the Quote does not auto-populate the phone and email fields for the contact.
- Product Option Drawer Attributes are not supported in the Salesforce mobile app.
- Pricing calculation.
- Data hygiene.
- Opportunity and pricing approval.
- Lots of customization needed.
- Heavy on the admin side.
- Difficult to follow/customize at times.
- User-friendly and user experience
- Integration with SAP
- When integrated, sometimes some of the functionality is missing
- Amend contracts
- Track cross-sell, expansion, and product churn
- Implementation can be cumbersome as it requires clearly defining your own processes
- Licenses are expensive
- Generating proposals
- Creating multiple quotes
- Multiple Templates
- Some time Primary Quote Details dont move over to Opportunity
- The managed package code can be slow sometimes
- Approval process is robust and smooth.
- Quoting across various business types works very well.
- Easily create quote and send to my customers
- Very flexible tool and user friendly
- Lack of support to solve issues.
- Supports are very slow to give the right information in the right moment.
- Lead management.
- Leads to financial conversion that is we can directly see the conversion of leads in to cash flows.
- Integration with software from other brands should be made easier.
- Data migration from other CRM is really hectic and can be time consuming or glitchy.
- It organizes line items so you can select exactly what you need for each account.
- It provides a "target amount" field so you can enter the total cost that the items in the quote need to amount to.
- It's difficult to move line items around and organize them.
- I wish there was a "target customer amount" button for individual groups and that you could edit the individual line items to be a certain amount. In general, and to add up to the "target customer amount."
- Quick quotes.
- Send orders easily.
- Hard to implement and set up.
- More personalization of quotes.
- Ease of use.
- Smooth integration with the Salesforce platform.
- Customer Target Amount setting - Splits out discounts evenly across products within given discounting rules.
- Calculate button takes the math out of the sales reps' hands, which is a must!
- Allows for the hiding/displaying of products and tethering of products to prevent reps from selling in-compatible products or from missing required products.
- Performance - The speed of the system needs improvement. The biggest complaint we get from all reps.
- It should be easier to manipulate quotes on the QLE.
- Guided selling for easily on-boarding new reps
- Bundles that make up-selling and cross-selling a breeze
- Discounting and approvals that make for easily automated processes
- AI tool Einstein to get recommendations of the best performing wording and orders
- Speed is sometimes slow
- Standard templates for orders are lacking but can be solved with a CLM tool like Conga
- Complex implementation that requires a partner that knows what they are doing around CPQ and billing (but it's the same for all CPQ tools that we have seen)
- Discounting Rules are very flexible and robust.
- Guided Selling configurations are very strong.
- Integration with Docusign really speeds up the sales process.
- The quote templates could allow for a little more customization.
- Would like to see advanced approvals included as part of the package without an extra cost.
- You can list out all of your products
- You can allow your sales team to modify prices of products
- You can create multiple quotes at a time
- The system is very slow to load between each page
- The system is very rigid - you aren't able to easily modify descriptions
- There are tons of hoops you have to jump through in order get things to work properly
- It is not intuitive in the slightest - very difficult to use
- Salesforce CPQ connects directly to pre-determined price book, making it very easy to provide a proposal based on standard cost and/or add discounts to standard cost and reflect those reductions on the order form as appropriate.
- Salesforce CPQ provides the ability for administrators to configure workflows for approval based on certain discount %'s on the standard cost, offering a quick and easy way to route automatically through the organization for approval.
- Calc and process time are slow, as is the case with many Salesforce native applications. If there are too many line items, you may see APEX errors.
- The order form process can get very lengthy if you have several line items or need to account for year over year increases in per subscriber cost with separate line items for each year in a multi-year agreement.
- If there are not multiple people eligible to approve a quote at a certain stage in the approval process, it can take a significant amount of time if that individual is away from their computer / mobile device.
- The ability to process a quote quickly and efficiently helps my daily task proficiency increase
- Straight forward to use, and intuitive.
- Has reduced the number of steps needed when building and finalizing a quote
- Could be reduced to less steps than it already is
- Some steps need additional workflow than desirable
- native workflow w/in salesforce.com opportunities - that is a pretty essential characteristic.
- automating the quote, contracting and renewal process
- enabling reps to produce complex price quotes that can span multiple product lines and (to an extent) simplify orders
- This is not an easy product to stand up. when it comes to pricing for most companies selling an array of products, nuisances can really complicate your experience.
- If you need to quote multiple product configurations across multiple subscription terms, things quickly become quite laborious
- Easy to use interface. Very shallow learning curve, so it's not a massive headache switching from previous tools.
- Ability to adjust different line items on quotes as needed.
- The ability to house multiple quotes that can be updated on the fly and integrate well with our pricing packages.
- Automatically save. I will change the name of a quote, forget to click save and then it reverts back to standard name
- Ability to update certain aspects of quote, even when it is in approval stage. while it is in the stages of being approved or even receiving an SOW or a service request, I'm not able to update the license name until the approval goes through.
- Approvals go DIRECTLY to necessary people. When there is a massive chain of approvals....one person out of the office in that chain can create a headache.
- Easy to use UI integrated within existing SFDC platform
- Generate quotes from opportunity object and have pricing proposals organized in a neat and orderly fashion
- Automated workflow for proposal approval
- Quote slow to load at times
- Order form generation can get a bit tricky with multi-year agreements with annual increases in subscription, ramped subscribers, exceptions to standard contract terms
- Once quote is approved, the steps required to export the document to pdf outside of SFDC is not entirely straightforward
- Quick creating of quotes for clients
- Seamless integration with Salesforce
- Checking product pricing for own reference
- Tends to be a bit 'buggy' at times and doesn't always work 100% of the time
- Cloud based
- Can access this from anywhere and make changes anytime
- Easy quote to order process
- I would like to be able to download contracts from CPQ. We only have the functionality now for quotes.
- Would like there to be an option for international ordering.
- Quick and easy quote creation.
- Quick easy contract generation.
- Minor glitches here and there .
- Definitely better than Excel, Word, or Google Docs.
- The integration with Salesforce with is very nice.
- Custom pricing options are an added benefit.
- Customer service is lacking, especially compared to Salesforce.
- Slow load times.
- Does a poor job of highlighting when a field is incorrect or missing.
- CPQ, when it works properly, works well with approval process configurations. For example, quotes need to run through our approval process when a discount is over 25% on a particular quote.
- CPQ allows for easy customizations when it comes to changing quotes on the fly - however, you must be using a stable price book in order for your sales team to be happy with this.
- The Lightning user interface is attractive and looks easy to use for the sales team.
- CPQ has caused more inconveniences for everyone than any of our other systems. Part of this is that our sales team doesn't have access to adequate training or support and neither do I as the new admin to Salesforce. Support tends to be awful unless you purchase the highest level of support that Salesforce provides, which is very pricey.
- There are way too many objects and configurations involved in CPQ that I cannot handle this as an admin without training or support, but was tasked to do so; as a result, our system frequently miscalculates renewal pricing, doesn't properly activate contracts, confuses our sales team regarding start dates and end dates.
- Our CPQ instance has been outdated for two years and as the admin, I haven't received any information about upgrading so I was never in-the-know about the fact that our instance is two years behind. I'm worried to upgrade without proper support because the entire system could be negatively affected.
- Validation rules that were auto-created by the implementation of CPQ have worked against us. For example, opportunity amounts are based on product sum totals and discounts and terms, but if any one of these records has an error, it's extremely difficult to debug because of the amount of objects and rules and the lack of training.