Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Interaction Studio, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $199 per month
The vendor states that their cloud-based platform is designed to empower marketers to increase engagement conversions of website visitors and users through real-time personalization based on deep behavioral analytics...without the need for developers. The Interaction Studio RTIM solution boasts powerful real-time segmentation and sophisticated AI to determine and deliver contextually relevant experiences that inspire customers to take action.
Salesforce says companies use Interaction Studio to tailor interactions with customers and prospects to increase loyalty, engagement, and conversions. Using real-time cross-channel personalization and machine learning capabilities, Interaction Studio adds to Marketing Cloud’s customer data, audience segmentation, and engagement platform.
- Supported: Behavioral Tracking
- Supported: Segmentation
- Supported: Targeting/Personalization
- Supported: Recommendations
- Supported: Testing
- Supported: Analytics/Attribution
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, 6178772514|
|Supported Countries||United States|
- Pre-configured reports make it easy to get started with product.
- Automated marketing to recognize customers and to trigger personalized messages.
- Geo-location and referring source capture provide valuable insights.
- A/B testing for maximum effectiveness.
- Somewhat difficult for non-technical users.
- Price is pretty expensive.
- Difficulty in navigation, especially when setting up campaigns.
- Unified User Profile analytics - big picture you need
- WEB and Email campaighn focus (no excessive CRM information for work with data flow)
- A/B testing for leaded campaigns - must have for any pro application
- Triggered experience use (returning customer)
- Segmentation and Targeting of your prospects and repeating sales to identify core factors
- AI - foe efficient use of neural networks it could be not enough for mid sized company to use only own customer experience quantified to recommend you best venue for sales promotion and lead generation. If there could be legal way to get connect to Sales Force Big Data - all customer experience, all companies, all industires with use only public data while personal data inaccessible by 3-d party, - so that would made predictions more solid in terms of statistical significancy. Now you are checking for reasonability and must have critical view for Salesforce Marketing Cloud Interaction Studio AI recom, no blind use.
- Integrations need also service market places inclosed (UpWork, Toptal or even Glassdoor)
- Add focus on active sales by call leads, meeting reports - to track influence on future sales. If we were growing regularly 5% via email campaigns, once we met key account customer on Conference and got growth rate 15%, we must see impact separately for both.
- Could be great to have a king of counter party Credit risk appreciation. Probably some financial or ESG rankings to filter insolvent counerparties or those who have minimum probability to be in demand of good or selrviece promoted to be sold (lost leads - you send but the company will have no intention to buy anyway). Could be added to Scoring Models for user profiles stats as additional or blocking rank. So if prospect is only talking but not working it must not be incuded in campaign.
- Customer Journey Flow - must be focust not only events (send to repeating customer), but we must collect data on features why leads was lost and have a kind of "reqirenments gathering parallel flow" to collect features as factos of lost leads and sales and Continuously improve Product first rather sending all those mentioned emails again and again. Focus on product featues first.
- Personalized Website Experience
- Personalized Emails at Open-time
- Provides valuable data and Insights
- Low cost plan for small businesses
- Some bugs should be updated
- Should include a free trial
Also, as we already had Salesforce Cloud, it would be nice to use a tracking software that connects smoothly with our CRM.
- Personalization features
- Smooth integration with Sales Cloud
- Customized Website Navigation
- It would be nice to have more integration options
- Could be more intuitive
- Manage the customer experience in one place.
- Drive engagement within the target audience
- View Real-time data
- It did take a little bit of training to understand how to use the program. If you have never used any of the Salesforce products, it can be confusing to navigate at first.
- Analyzing the customer journey is really a good help; it helps in revisiting the strategy.
- Outbound orchestration across all the touchpoints; these are really helpful insights
- Real-time personalization and machine learning capabilities from Interaction Studio add on value in Marketing Cloud.
- Too much input from ML distracts you from the existing strategy.
- Tool expertise is required, not very easy to operate.
- Offers multiple features
- Has something for every department
- A/B testing and targeted content
- The reporting isn't clear
- Difficult to implement
- Has so many features you can get lost easily
- Easy to implement A/B tests
- Tracking a visitors browsing history
- The ability to create user segments based various criteria (Location, date, time, visits etc...)
- The reporting can be confusing at times.
- More 3rd party integrations would be great.
- User behavior analytics
- Custom web-based messaging (campaigns)
- A/B testing
- The UI is not particularly user-friendly.
- Customize a webpage based on the visitor’s history
- Alter parts of the site to optimize for conversions
- Track a user’s browsing history
- Reporting interface is confusing
- Not as easy to make design changes as we’d like
- Hard to set up conversion goals on a global level
We also use it to populate personalized recommendations in emails. Showing the customer products they are interested in, or that have some relevance to their previous purchasing or browsing behavior, delivers a much higher ROI than showing static items to all.
- Easy 'zone' placement can be integrated into mast any platform quickly.
- Recommendations given are relevant and useful to the customer.
- Creative assistance is an issue with both timeliness and a lack of communication.
- They could be much more pro-active in suggesting new features to use.
It's pricey, so not well suited to smaller companies. Also would not make sense for those with a shallow product selection. The beauty lies in bringing out the most relevant products to the customer -- which really only makes sense if you have a deep selection.
- Great customer support. Our account manager was very hands on- I even went to their offices for a training day.
- Many choices for customization- pop-ups, inline, on-exit,etc.
- Marketo integration was very clunky when we first launched Evergage.
- UI isn't the most intuitive
- The campaign builder was finicky and a little difficult to use.
- Evergage has a great user interface that is easy to use for those of us who do not have a coding background.
- Evergage has the best support of any tool I have ever used in my 10 years as a marketer.
- Evergage continually updates their product based on the feedback of its current users.
- Evergage could have better data exports.
- Evergage Audience analytics could be in a better format and showcase similarities in a more visual format.
- Geographic targeting - we use Evergage to promote regional events to only those users who close enough geographically to attend the event in question.
- Industry targeting - we place users into industry segments and present those users with demand generation assets targeted to their specific industry.
- Account based marketing - Evergage allows us to change elements of our website to specifically target users who are from companies on our targeted account list.
- The platform is pretty complex. For less technical users, there is a somewhat steep learning curve.
- There are good tools available for testing, but I still struggle with using them.
- Evergage plays nicely with most code frameworks and has been very stable. The only situation in which we could not (yet) find a way to use Evergage is in conjunction with Handlebars.js templates.
- Enterprise-level data security considerations are well-handled by Evergage. Trust me... as a top-level PCI compliant company that builds travel loyalty solutions for major US banks, we have no greater concern than data security.
- "No flicker" synchronous integration is a VERY important feature Evergage offers -- I'm unsure if any other competitors offer the same as I think Evergage has a patent on this. So when the webpage loads, users don't see the original page contents flash before being replaced with personalized/alternate contents.
- The powerful user interface is easy-to-use and comes in two flavors: a more traditional CMS-style "admin" view and an on-page WYSIWYG view.
- Test use cases in the browser prior to going live.
- It's easy to build and measure A/B/n tests, either as rule-based tests, or as % split testing.
- I love the ability to create user segments based on "sentence-style" logic structures that incorporates actions, KPIs, even third-party data.
- Documentation could be more robust... I would love to see more detailed how-tos that get more technical than the basic use cases.
- More out-of-the-box third-party integrations would be nice. I would love to see analytics integration with my favorite Heap Analytics.
- Product recommendations
- Cross sell and up sell
- Product display
- Order history data feeds can have more fields
- Item level data feeds can support multipler layers of product categories
- Integrate product reviews into your platform if you have not already so clients do not have to integrate with other vendors/tools
We use this data to get predictive information about churn (or churn possibility) and to see how tweaks we've made to our application are being received by our customers.
It's used primarily within the customer success team, though we report to the rest of the company with data provided by Evergage.
The business problem addressed is "what do our users do inside our application?"
- Individual-level data. We can see exactly what the individual user has done what inside our application.
- In-app messaging, based on very selective criteria. We can pop up notifications about billing and account expiration.
- I've had problems logging into my account before. I'm asked to updated my chrome extensions, but... they're up to date, and I get the same error no matter what browser I use. This is (presumably) quite easy to fix, and is not a problem with Evergage itself, just some problems logging in.
- Evergage is a lot to use, but hard to become proficient and knowledgeable in. I feel like I am only scratching the surface of its potential.
- Great analytics engine, where you are able to set up test out different user behavior among many other things
- Great engine for A/B testing of layout and features
- For last-minute changes to the platform, you can easily apply overlaying boxes and text without having to deploy code
- It requires some time and on boarding to set up the integration with your product and Evergage
- For applying elements to you platform, such as pop-up and text overlay, you should know a bit of CSS to make it look pretty
- The templates that Evergage provides are not the best looking in terms of UI
- Building Customer profile e.g. also customer about there business needs
- Contextual Ads
- Banners & interstitials
- It is not very easy to use for a marketer. You need a dedicated technical guy to use it
- UI/UX can be improved
- Support response can be improved
- In-person training
- The platform is very flexible in terms of types of campaigns, types of targeting etc
- The company offers good support.
- There is certainly a learning curve in getting up to speed in using the platform, that's partly because it is fairly flexible, but also because the UI has not been super intuitive. It has certainly improved and they have added lots of use cases and improved the help area, plus support and account managers are responsive.
- The user interface is easy to navigate and understand, as well as their campaign setup tools.
- Their ability to scrape your website to pull relevant items to be used in dynamic campaigns is incredibly helpful and saves a lot of time.
- Their support team is fantastic. They always provide fast and easy to understand solutions to our problems or questions.
- Some of the reporting functionality could use some work, but they are making vast improvements.
- The catalog user interface for available promotable items could benefit from the ability to customize the viewable columns and add filtering.
- The amount of time that Evergage considers a user's session to be active could be increased. I find myself having to log back into the tool multiple times throughout the day, as I will leave the tool to check emails and during that time, I get logged out.
- Real-time personalization
- A/B Testing
- A responsive and helpful support team
- Addressing responsive needs without enlisting the help of Evergage support team
- A/B and multi-variate testing. The setup is simple and the results are easy to read.
- Personalization on PDPs. The simplicity of "set it and forget it" means that we're free to work on other tasks while Evergage's technology is busy working on the correct set of products to serve to our individual visitors.
- Displaying in-site ads. The ability to serve ads based on certain visitor criteria (customer type, shopping cart value, time on site, etc) gives us detailed control over who we want to serve an add to, and when we want it to trigger.
- We will sometimes find ads firing when they shouldn't be, but it's usually a result of not testing thoroughly. If Evergage had a testing setup wizard that perhaps walked an individual through some testing steps after creating a test, that would be helpful.
- Gives non- tech users the ability to create messages and pop ups that would otherwise need to know how to write code.
- Captures segments of users than can be used for messages and for tracking.
- Customer experience manager always prompt in getting back to us.
- Weekly training service offered.
- Were offered extra support and the ability to get pro service (although we have not gotten access to this yet) due to several emerge issues described on next page.
- Rotation and priority feature does not work together. First we had the rotation feature and were told excellent news that we ALSO have ability to prioritize. However, this was not true. The rotation feature actually turned off when priority became available. Nobody told this to us and our users were getting multiple messages one after an other. I sent in several tickets to support and they kept on sending responses like " I am sorry I can not seem to replicate the issue." It took months and getting our customer experience manager involved to have Evergage tell us the reason was because we can not use both features together. All of our staff got multiple messages so I am not sure why support could not find the issue during testing. Now Evergage turned rotation back on for us but we are not able to use the priority feature. It seems odd that we can not use both.
- Actions did not work due to old mapping. I created several actions and realized the messages were not being shown on the current pages. I had to shut down all of my campaigns and I was then told it was due to having old mapping. I think the mapping should be looked out closely for clients and should be remapped frequently to avoid the issues I had.
- I would like to see a master campaign rule feature. I have so many campaigns and I can not prioritize easily and put into the system mechanisms that will effect all my campaigns. I guess priority was going to try and solve that but we can not use it.
- The front end user interface is is sometimes buggy. The move to back and move to front button does not work for me or my associate. We end up creating messages in Photoshop and placing them as images but I imagine this is not ideal to members who don't use Photoshop.
- The support used to be very very fast and efficient last year. In the past year several months I have seen messages not get answers or issues not getting enough attention. It seems due to the growth of Evergage that the support area needs more engineers.
- Simple, easy to implement campaigns.
- Image management for personalized content.
- Add custom scripts.
- Overcome restrictions imposed by template-based e-commerce software packages.
- Integrate into backend data to improve category grouping for our product.