SalesLoft Reviews

Matthew Ford | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

A Must-Have

We use SalesLoft to keep track of our sales prospects. We use it to track and make calls, send and track emails, send text messages and automate outreach efforts to drive sales. SalesLoft has helped us keep track of not only our individual daily and weekly activities but our team activities as well. With SalesLoft we can easily review performance metrics.
  • Ability to automate emails based on actions.
  • Ability to track the number of actions on prospects.
  • Easily create email templates and share it across the entire network.
  • Able to track if an email has been opened and viewed.
  • Only integrates with Sales Navigator Team.
  • On occasion people you've dialed complain that they can't hear you.
  • Answering incoming calls is not an easy task.
Any company that needs to track number of engagements on sales reps or business developers needs SalesLoft. Being able to track the entire outreach process is crucial for managing and creating a sales funnel. SalesLoft should not be used as a complete CRM platform as you can't track deals and/or dollar amounts.
Read Matthew Ford's full review
Alex Brielmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

SalesLoft - The total prospecting package!

SalesLoft is being used by both the sales and business development teams. We were looking to be able to seamlessly track our email and call efforts in Salesforce initially, but then saw the other capabilities that SalesLoft had to offer. We have multiple drip campaigns set up, and also listen to our recorded calls to make sure reps are following proper guidelines.
  • Gives reps plenty of time back in the day by not making them either write multiple emails or have to manually enter those emails for tracing purposes.
  • Allows for coaching on call etiquette by listening to recorded calls.
  • Some out of the box options for dropdown fields aren't very useful.
  • Could use a better integration with LinkedIn to track everything done through them.
SalesLoft has been great for us, allowing us to spend our time on other more pressing matters (actually making calls, meeting with clients, etc). We know that prospecting will never be fully automated, but SalesLoft has drastically helped ease that burden. Our BDR team is able to reach out to large numbers of prospects, and then easily pass them off to our seasoned sales reps to seal the deal. Clunky email chains and handoffs are a thing of the past!
Read Alex Brielmann's full review
David Bartley | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

SalesLoft keeps you focused and on task = $$$$$

Salesloft is being used as the primary prospecting tool for inside and outside sales. It allows salespeople to organize their prospecting activities through the use of various "cadences," which are comprised of different prospecting steps. This allows salespeople to be more targeted with their prospecting and scale certain messages. It is also integrated with SFDC so all of your activity is automatically recorded there as well. Sales management can run various reports to determine which campaigns are working and which ones needed some re-tooling.
  • Organizing prospecting steps for sales plays and timing them strategically (e.g. e-mail, calls, Linkedin messages).
  • Seeing which of your prospects are opening and viewing messages/mktg collateral.
  • Automatically purging bad data once it is identified (e.g phone numbers, e-mails, no longer with company).
  • Some kind of A.I. that will recommend certain messaging based on vertical?
Salesloft is well suited for prospecting into new companies or when trying to get structured messaging out to large organizations quickly but in a targeted way. It would be less appropriate for general follow-up/customer-service/success scenarios. I view SalesLoft as one's personal selling assistant that keeps salespeople engaged and on point for prospecting.
Read David Bartley's full review
Denisse Viale, CPTM | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Get your sales with SalesLoft!

It is used by our sister company, Skillsoft. At SumTotal, we are piloting the program. For me, it is an excellent way to stay on top of my sales cadences, and automatically be directed to who I need to reach out to next from my prospecting list. It helps to address tackling one's pipeline, staying visible in front of prospects, and to ultimately secure a meeting.
  • Ability to create multiple cadences.
  • Integration capabilities into Salesforce, Sendoso, and LinkedIn Navigator.
  • By the time I am able to schedule a meeting with a prospect, at that juncture, I would prefer to use Outlook. It would be great to have a plug-in that allows me to click and sync the respective appointment from Outlook to SalesLoft. Often, I inadvertently end up replicating the appointment, and the prospect gets 2 meeting appointments from me for the same meeting.
  • Sharing prospects across 2 sister companies can be challenging. I lost some of my sales cadence history when a rep. from my sister company created a new cadence with the same prospect. I think that they may have inadvertently deleted my cadence, and so then I had to build a "new-not-new" one to show that I had it previously in the system. It was very messy.
  1. Where SalesLoft is well suited:
    1. For account executives to have an automated cadence/touches in order to gain access to prospects and set up initial discovery meetings.
    2. To automate the process of sales cadence, which has a variety of different touches (email, LinkedIn, phone calls, and etc.).
    3. To track when, where, and how often (if at all) emails are being read by prospects. This demonstrates a level of engagement, even if the prospect doesn't automatically email back.
  2. Where SalesLoft is less appropriate:
    1. If you are already in regular communication with a prospect, it may not make sense to continue in SalesLoft.
    2. For mass marketing/branding.
Read Denisse Viale, CPTM's full review
alim mukhida | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Salesloft: sell more sales.

Salesloft is being used to manage cadences and automate processes to prospects.
  • Automating processes such as sending emails or making calls.
  • Organizing your leads.
  • Disqualifying leads as fast as possible.
  • The call button when making a call goes immediately to the call instead of loading a number.
  • Not accounting for an extension
  • Bad reception
Scenario 1: Salesloft is a great tool for organizing workflows and leads into buckets and increasing the number of reach outs to every lead.

Scenario 2: Salesloft is not great for tracking how well a rep is doing from a revenue perspective.
Read alim mukhida's full review
April Rixmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 29, 2019

SalesLoft Review

Each department in our company utilizes the system with different areas of priority. However, as a BDR, this system is critical in keeping my daily activity focused and organized to maximize task productivity. It allows me to conveniently map the progress with each potential client by tracking connections and setting reminders to reduce human error.
  • Modify cadences to our company needs.
  • Search specific accounts or contacts easily.
  • I wish there was a better way to post a note in the activity log.
  • Edits that I make to the previous call log do not show up on the main screen unless I look under the edit button.
SalesLoft is well suited for the cadence tracking we use it for. It allows me not only to track my activity levels with my prospects but also shows where or how they have responded to my contact with them by tracking email views and such. This allows me to better customize my work activities and increases the success of my activity.
Read April Rixmann's full review
Casey N. Corrigan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 26, 2019

SalesLoft powers our "quantity of quality"

We use SaleLoft for our global SDR team to help us scale a quantity of quality for our outbound prospecting efforts. SalesLoft helps us orchestrate outreach across hundreds of companies and thousands of prospects in a smooth, coordinated approach that's enhanced by their data integration partners.
  • My team loves the way SalesLoft groups similar tasks (same touch plan, same step) together in "run step" buckets. It really helps them focus on similar types of tasks at the same time and scale personalization.
  • SalesLoft's platform approach is enhanced by data and content providers increasing its value.
  • On a non-product point, I've found SalesLoft's content resources to be a industry-leading. They are much more than a product company and add significant value and education to the sales development community.
  • The partner integration strategy is developing rapidly and some plug-ins have some smoothing out to make more stable and useful.
  • SalesLoft optimizes for personalization at scale. Some additional automation of dynamic field logic would help free up time for better personalization.
SalesLoft is much more of a sales engagement platform than sales automation. Put into the hands of well-trained SDRs, I don't think there's any stronger platform. However if a sole proprietor or time-strapped AE needed a tool to automate email sending, they wouldn't scratch the surface of SalesLoft and could use other options.
Read Casey N. Corrigan's full review
Molly Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

SalesLoft: maximize rep productivity, decrease ramp time, and improve reporting so you can identify skill gaps

The majority of the organization. It allows us to reach out to prospects and partners in a timely manner, automatically logs activity in SFDC which saves our team's time and increases efficiencies, and allows us to test different initiatives and campaigns to understand what messaging is working.
  • Support for questions.
  • Cadence and template functionality.
  • Ability to toggle the call recording button "off" during a live call.
  • Voicemail box
Well suited: Sales outreach and pro-active account management outreach. Less appropriate: Some of our teams communicate with partners via email/chat but don't want to expose their assigned SalesLoft # to customers since that is not the appropriate channel for communication. Ideally, there would be a way to "mask" SalesLoft so our teams could still operate out of cadences.
Read Molly Flores's full review
Chris Lutes | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2019

An Awesome tool for prospect outreach! My team's productivity and meetings have drastically increased because of SalesLoft.

SalesLoft is being used by our specific BDR department, but not the entire sales dept. It assists with organization and creating cadences for outbound calls and emails. It gives us daily reminders to keep up with prospects and not let anything slip through the cracks. The local dial feature gives us a greater chance of connecting with prospects. The platform ultimately helps us maximize our client outreach without sacrificing too much time for customization.
  • Generate pipeline.
  • Engage prospects.
  • The local dial can be glitchy or cut out at times.
  • Well suited for generating pipeline growth by creating organized cadences.
  • We can see when a prospect is engaging with our emails so we can prioritize activities among prospects.
  • Call recording helps with coaching and improving.
Read Chris Lutes's full review
Sophia Volkert | TrustRadius Reviewer

SalesLoft Review

SalesLoft is used in conjunction with Salesforce by our BDR team and some of our Account Executives. It helps us maintain accountability by being able to create campaigns with due dates, and we love the ability to record our calls so we can listen back to them. Some of our team uses SalesLoft to set reminders and many of us save our email templates. I have also used the "book a meeting" link to help my BDR set meetings for me. It is a large part of our organization.
  • The use of campaigns in SalesLoft increases organization and efficiency.
  • The ability to see when a prospect is reading or clicking on your email is very helpful in seeing how effective your emails are.
  • The SalesLoft extension in Salesforce tends to glitch or delete call notes while you're typing them.
  • It doesn't help process duplicate accounts.
It was very helpful for people that spend a lot of time cold calling. It is also helpful for people who want to listen back to their calls and for those who want to easily save multiple email templates. It's also great for people that want to track analytics.
Read Sophia Volkert's full review
Cassara Healey | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2019

A Great product for any growing (or fully grown) business development team

SalesLoft is being used by the entire Business Development Team. Although our team is on the smaller end (6 people and growing), we use Salesloft to help us achieve numbers that would be possible for a bigger team. It allows us to create cadences & workflows that better help us manage our time and our large potential client base. It's also tied in with Salesforce nicely, so when we get a lead and workflow it, the account executives on the other team can track all of our communications form SalesLoft in Salesforce, so there is no 'he said she said.'
  • It tracks how many times your email has been read, the location, and even down to the device.
  • Workflow cadences are easy to set up, and can be easily copied and implemented across a bigger team.
  • Our internet provider/firewall protection has a hard time allowing calls to go through. We normally cannot make calls from our laptops because of this. Although it's more on our own company end, I feel SalesLoft should have some additional workarounds for work environments like this.
  • If you open your own email, it tracks it as a view, and ultimately you can fudge your own numbers for open ratios. Guess who was top of their sales team for "emails opened" because of this minor overlook?
It's well suited for any business development team who needs to grow their numbers aggressively. The ability to create cadences, workflows, and collaborate on emails makes it easy for a team of any size to grow their business. It does take a bit of time to get used to, and a little bit of training, but I feel like any software that is too easy to learn probably doesn't have the functionality you need. SalesLoft is always adding to their platform as well.
Read Cassara Healey's full review
Nathan F. | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Software!

I use SalesLoft every day at my job. Overall, this software has been a huge help in keeping accounts organized and has saved me hours of time. There is no doubt it's increased our companies sales by making it easy to keep up with all of our prospecting customers. This is definitely worth the investment!
  • Organization
  • User-friendly
  • Make it capable of adjusting cadence steps when there are accounts pending for that step.
I have hundreds of accounts to sort through. SalesLoft makes keeping them all organized extremely easy. I can keep everything in a cadence that tells me when each account should get a call or an email, and I can set reminders/tasks if any account needs special attention. It makes my job much easier and saves me a lot of time.
Read Nathan F.'s full review
Maury Rubin | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Unimpressed. There are better alternatives

We used SalesLoft for a few months as a sales enablement tool + dialer for the sales department.
  • The dialer lived in the web browser (fast and efficient dial experience).
  • When the sales intelligence worked, it was useful to see keywords effortlessly in a call breakdown.
  • There was a long delay between calls being made and then them being viewable in teaching libraries.
  • We had many issues with the dialer on our sales floor particularly when there was an increase in reps using the dialer at once (this might have been a wifi issue).
The main reason we used SalesLoft as a dialer and a sales enablement tool was for the bot that could listen in to calls and track keywords. From my experience, it took 2+ days for the calls to be logged to be able to listen to them. This was the main reason we wanted the product, so for that aspect to not work 100% was a big deal-breaker.
Read Maury Rubin's full review
Kimball Lybbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 31, 2019

SalesLoft for SDRs

It's a great program for our SDR department and sales. That's really the only department that uses it, for prospecting leads. The problem with SalesLoft for our company, after lead turns into deals, it's transferred over to "Zoho", a program we use for tracking deal progression. So the problem we see is having to use different programs for one job.
  • Great dialing application.
  • Great tool for keeping notes and statistics on calls.
  • Allows us to keep tasks and agendas organized.
  • I would like to see the homepage dashboard a bit more customizable. Being able to manage and organize cadences how you'd like to see them.
SalesLoft is the perfect program to use for an SDR and sales. When we're constantly prospecting leads, making up to 100 calls a day, SalesLoft provides the ability to keep track of our work and progress while our focus is on our quotas. I feel it's less appropriate as the deal progresses closer to closing and we have more attachments and subscriptions to implement.
Read Kimball Lybbert's full review
Steven Schonenberger | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 14, 2019

Fix the bugs and the cadence UI

SalesLoft helps increase sales velocity in terms of outbound communication, prospecting, and measuring our effectiveness.
  • Track emails
  • Templates, snippets, and thought research
  • Ability to create cadences quickly that are easily customizable
  • Buggy issues when uploading customers into cadences and overall use of "loft it" switch
  • Poor UI when following up with cadences
  • When copy/pasting emails into the "Create a cadence," the formatting gets absolutely destroyed and results in a huge time suck
I'd tell my colleagues to evaluate Outreach and SalesLoft to see which one is best suited for their needs.
Read Steven Schonenberger's full review
April 03, 2020

Love SalesLoft!

Salesloft is being used as a tool for recording emails and calls. We also use it to set prospects up on cadences. This is being used primarily by the business development department (sales development representatives and account development representatives). The business problem it addresses is tracking daily activity and reaching out to prospects on a consistent basis.
  • Accurate loggings.
  • Integrating with sales force.
  • Providing a phone number for reps to call prospects.
  • Cadences steps are missed sometimes.
  • Sending emails to prospects who have requested unsubscribe.
  • Automated emails sometimes fail to send.
Salesloft is well suited for sales representatives who are trying to reach out to prospects. It would not be appropriate for an account executive to use.
April 03, 2020

Salesloft: An exceptional tool

It is used in by the sales team here at Mavenlink. I would say about 100 users or so. It streamlines and consolidates the outreach process. It allows you an area to build out and plan your outreach. It makes it easy to collaborate with other members of the sales staff as well.
  • Collaboration
  • Streamlining the outreach process
  • Difficult to create prospect's profiles.
  • Sometimes I experience bugs with the "Do Not Contact" feature.
It is a great tool for a large sales staff. Here at Mavenlink, sales are quite collaborative and it is important to stay on the same page in terms of outreach. You definitely do not want to be stepping on anybody's feet while reaching out to clients. Salesloft does a great job with that.
April 01, 2020

A great SDR solution and good bang for the buck!

Salesloft is being used by the SDR team. We use it to manage all our leads through the entire nurturing process. We run multiple step outreach cadences through SL incl. social media, emails, and calls. It is also our primary system to set tasks and reminders. It fully integrates with Salesforce, LinkedIn, Gong etc.
  • Multiple step cadences.
  • List tasks in order of date due.
  • In program caller is great.
  • Tasks become current at due date but not specific time.
  • Cadences cannot be paused.
  • Cannot categorize tasks according to priority.
Very well suited for outbound SDR work where leads need to be nurtured. Less suited for one-touch outreach.
March 24, 2020

Making the Push

Below are the teams that use SalesLoft and how they use it.

- Sales Development: Prospecting
- Account Executive: Prospecting + Handoff to CS
- Customer Success: Proactive Renewal / QBR check-ins
- Rev Ops: Inbound Automation Rules / Funnel Stamping (MQL + Activity Logged + Reply) / Activity Tracking
  • Automation rules for inbound
  • In our 11-100 segment, we increased our MQL to opportunity by 6%, which led to a 2.5x increase in revenue. The only change was consistent follow up via cadence through automation rule.
  • Activity tracking
  • Consistent activity tracking is table stakes
  • Dialer is of terrible quality
  • Our ICs all complain about tactical things like when you paste text into an email it blows up the pictures.
  • Calendar
  • Analytics: I want to see entered into cadence + first step complete + total removed from reply. Not reply by total email volume. Want to report on automated vs none automated activities not just total. Use the naming convention to do this.
SalesLoft is a key to starting any business. It is one of the first three things I would buy.

Engagement Platform > CRM > Closing Software
SalesLoft > Salesforce > PandaDoc
March 03, 2020

SalesLoft : A great way to do outreach!

SalesLoft is being used by our business development team as the primary CRM. We are using it to track prospects, call, and email prospects, as well as to track a lot of data. It addresses our need to keep prospects organized and in the right cadences as we are reaching out to them.
  • Data tracking--it does a really great job of providing insights on calls, emails, and cadence
  • Task organization--it breaks tasks down by cadence, step, and how many people are in each task.
  • Great LinkedIn integration--for a company that uses LinkedIn quite often, SalesLoft provides great access to LinkedIn within its platform.
  • Their pass-through quality could improve. It seems that we have had a lot of trouble with the pass-through quality being inconsistent.
  • Quickly adding people back into cadences at a certain step takes a little longer than other products we have used in the market.
  • The reminder system is good, but not great. It just sends one notification if you are in the system. It would be nice if it set it as a task like all other cadences.
As a sales outreach tool, SalesLoft really shines. It provides great organization for cadences and prospects and makes the daily flow very easy. I also really enjoy the data it provides as I love to see what messaging/cadences are doing the best. We use it as a stand-alone CRM, but it has a few flaws in that regard. Overall management of people is a little clunky, but that is not exactly its intended use
November 07, 2019

SalesLoft Optimizes Each Aspect of Your Sales Team

SalesLoft is used by my organization in the hopes of creating a better sales experience for our customers. We get a better sense of the prospect by using features like call tracking and email tracking to keep all information top of mind if it needs to be handed off to another team member. This solves for collaboration in the sales process.
  • Integrates well with Salesforce.
  • Email tracking is very useful for keeping conversations together.
  • Email marketing is easy with the templates and cadences that are suggested.
  • The call tracking features don't always work well.
  • It doesn't have as robust reporting as our leaders like sometimes.
  • This needs a texting function to complement the call functionality.
SalesLoft is particularly well suited for organizations that already use Salesforce. It wasn't until we switched to Salesforce that we even considered SalesLoft for that reason. It can quickly load leads from Salesforce and integrates well with that built-in functionality. To that end, if you have HubSpot, this is probably not the right tool for you for that exact reason.
November 05, 2019

Great for Sales & Marketing, but Reporting Needs Improvement

SalesLoft is being used by our BDR and Sales team to contact prospects and clients. SalesLoft can track both calls and emails sent by the team and is leverage to determine the success of those efforts. The Marketing team also provides pre-determined cadences with approved templates or "snippets" that the team can utilize for specific personas or point in time events.
  • Easy Cadence Creation: It is relatively simple to create cadences that different teams can use to share information with clients and prospects. This can be used to invite people to webinars, follow up from conferences, or assist with both inbound or outbound prospecting efforts.
  • Provide Snippets or Templates: It is really easy to create both templates and snippets that the team can use. This provides flexibility with how we can work with the needs of each individual team member.
  • Integrate with Salesforce: We utilize salesforce and overall it has been a relatively easy integration.
  • Analytics - There is a lot to be desired in their reporting platform. This is a massive issue in my opinion because really the tool should be used to help identify areas of opportunity, but even with the .csv files, there is a lot to be desired. Most of the analysis we do is still manual.
  • Managing teams - In an ideal world, we should be able to group by sub-teams and that way each team won't see every single template. Right now it is impossible to do this without creating a huge mess. Better permissions and grouping would be ideal.
  • Variable Tags - I think it would be great to have areas that you can leave "blank" that don't tie back to salesforce. This would make it easier to ensure email templates get customized before deployed.
SalesLoft is most appropriate for BDR and Sales teams or others like an implementation team that would have prescriptive processes that need to be followed. You can incorporate calls, emails, or "Other" activities that need to be completed as they move through a cadence. It is also useful because you can provide templates throughout the process as well and you can ensure consistency by various team members.
October 30, 2019

Streamline your sales engagements

We use Salesloft for our phone numbers, as well as the platform for cadences. It's been crucial in many aspects of our day to day. Cadences are heavily used by our SDRs and AEs to contact leads and continue to follow up with prospects. The ability to go back and listen to our recorded calls is a must when it comes to job coaching. We also utilize the live call studio component for new hires. Tracking whether emails have been read or seen is also a great insight that helps us gauge interest and how we go about our sales process.
  • Call/Email Cadences
  • Email tracking
  • Tracking and recording our calls for future call coaching
  • Live call studio
  • Integrate seamlessly into SalesForce
  • The Gmail plugin for "loft it" often stops working without notification.
  • Call quality isn't always the greatest.
  • At times, the email tracker fails to notify us in the live feed if a person has seen or opened our email.
SalesLoft is definitely very well suited for an outbound SDR/BDR role. Cadences are clutch when it comes to organizing their day to day and keeping things in check. It's helpful in the AE role in the aspect that it records our calls, tracks our emails, and houses templates. We also utilize cadences occasionally, but not as often as our outbound team does. I would say it's well suited across the board, but different features are used more heavily depending on the role.
February 18, 2020

SalesLoft: The Ultimate Sales & Marketing Tool!

SalesLoft was introduced to our sales, marketing, and business development organizations to effectively and efficiently run sales and marketing campaigns. SalesLoft enabled our teams to reach more people and track our meeting notes/email correspondence better than any other product we assessed. It allows individuals to send mass amounts of emails, allowing for full customization or using boilerplate emails, and track whether recipients were opening, reading, clicking on links, or forwarding emails.
  • SalesLoft sync'd extremely well with Outlook and Salesforce, allowing all communications with clients to be properly stored and tracked. You can also call contacts and log your meeting notes all from SalesLoft.
  • SalesLoft allows you to see whether recipients of your emails are opening, clicking, or forwarding your emails. I am unaware of other products that offer such great insights.
  • Linking contacts to their LinkedIn profiles is a bit arduous.
  • Being able to share lists or campaigns with other team members is also a bit clumsy and not as intuitive.
I can't stress enough how great this tool is and how effective it made our sales, marketing, and business development teams. One use case that was particularly and positively impacted by the use of Salesforce is when I needed to book meetings with clients. I was able to send out dozens of emails in one click and effectively track all of those meetings. I went from getting a handful of meetings to getting over 30 meetings every trip.

About SalesLoft

SalesLoft is a sales engagement and conversational intelligence platform. It allows teams to set and execute on a cadence of communications, with the goal of converting more target accounts into customer accounts, expanding existing relationships, and offering an elevated customer experience. According the the vendor, some of the functions and benefits of SalesLoft include:

- Standardizing process across the organization and the automation of repeatable processes

- Ensuring messaging alignment and resonance through templating controls and personalization

- A holistic view engagement real-time activity tracking

- Improved coaching and onboarding through conversational intelligence and call recording

- Seamless integrations through an extensible partner ecosystem and custom API

SalesLoft is designed to help organizations engage their audience in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways by activating strategic focus.

The vendor reports having more than 2,000 customers, including IBM, MuleSoft, Square, WeWork, and Zoom. The vendor touts that SalesLoft was named the 7th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America by Deloitte and recently hailed by The New York Times as a start-up that "may be the next unicorn." More information is available on the vendor's website.

SalesLoft Competitors