SalesLoft Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

alim mukhida | TrustRadius Reviewer
Salesloft is being used to manage cadences and automate processes to prospects.
  • Automating processes such as sending emails or making calls.
  • Organizing your leads.
  • Disqualifying leads as fast as possible.
  • The call button when making a call goes immediately to the call instead of loading a number.
  • Not accounting for an extension
  • Bad reception
Scenario 1: Salesloft is a great tool for organizing workflows and leads into buckets and increasing the number of reach outs to every lead.

Scenario 2: Salesloft is not great for tracking how well a rep is doing from a revenue perspective.
Read alim mukhida's full review
April Rixmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 29, 2019

SalesLoft Review

Each department in our company utilizes the system with different areas of priority. However, as a BDR, this system is critical in keeping my daily activity focused and organized to maximize task productivity. It allows me to conveniently map the progress with each potential client by tracking connections and setting reminders to reduce human error.
  • Modify cadences to our company needs.
  • Search specific accounts or contacts easily.
  • I wish there was a better way to post a note in the activity log.
  • Edits that I make to the previous call log do not show up on the main screen unless I look under the edit button.
SalesLoft is well suited for the cadence tracking we use it for. It allows me not only to track my activity levels with my prospects but also shows where or how they have responded to my contact with them by tracking email views and such. This allows me to better customize my work activities and increases the success of my activity.
Read April Rixmann's full review
Casey N. Corrigan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SaleLoft for our global SDR team to help us scale a quantity of quality for our outbound prospecting efforts. SalesLoft helps us orchestrate outreach across hundreds of companies and thousands of prospects in a smooth, coordinated approach that's enhanced by their data integration partners.
  • My team loves the way SalesLoft groups similar tasks (same touch plan, same step) together in "run step" buckets. It really helps them focus on similar types of tasks at the same time and scale personalization.
  • SalesLoft's platform approach is enhanced by data and content providers increasing its value.
  • On a non-product point, I've found SalesLoft's content resources to be a industry-leading. They are much more than a product company and add significant value and education to the sales development community.
  • The partner integration strategy is developing rapidly and some plug-ins have some smoothing out to make more stable and useful.
  • SalesLoft optimizes for personalization at scale. Some additional automation of dynamic field logic would help free up time for better personalization.
SalesLoft is much more of a sales engagement platform than sales automation. Put into the hands of well-trained SDRs, I don't think there's any stronger platform. However if a sole proprietor or time-strapped AE needed a tool to automate email sending, they wouldn't scratch the surface of SalesLoft and could use other options.
Read Casey N. Corrigan's full review
Molly Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
The majority of the organization. It allows us to reach out to prospects and partners in a timely manner, automatically logs activity in SFDC which saves our team's time and increases efficiencies, and allows us to test different initiatives and campaigns to understand what messaging is working.
  • Support for questions.
  • Cadence and template functionality.
  • Ability to toggle the call recording button "off" during a live call.
  • Voicemail box
Well suited: Sales outreach and pro-active account management outreach. Less appropriate: Some of our teams communicate with partners via email/chat but don't want to expose their assigned SalesLoft # to customers since that is not the appropriate channel for communication. Ideally, there would be a way to "mask" SalesLoft so our teams could still operate out of cadences.
Read Molly Flores's full review
Chris Lutes | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft is being used by our specific BDR department, but not the entire sales dept. It assists with organization and creating cadences for outbound calls and emails. It gives us daily reminders to keep up with prospects and not let anything slip through the cracks. The local dial feature gives us a greater chance of connecting with prospects. The platform ultimately helps us maximize our client outreach without sacrificing too much time for customization.
  • Generate pipeline.
  • Engage prospects.
  • The local dial can be glitchy or cut out at times.
  • Well suited for generating pipeline growth by creating organized cadences.
  • We can see when a prospect is engaging with our emails so we can prioritize activities among prospects.
  • Call recording helps with coaching and improving.
Read Chris Lutes's full review
Sophia Volkert | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2019

SalesLoft Review

SalesLoft is used in conjunction with Salesforce by our BDR team and some of our Account Executives. It helps us maintain accountability by being able to create campaigns with due dates, and we love the ability to record our calls so we can listen back to them. Some of our team uses SalesLoft to set reminders and many of us save our email templates. I have also used the "book a meeting" link to help my BDR set meetings for me. It is a large part of our organization.
  • The use of campaigns in SalesLoft increases organization and efficiency.
  • The ability to see when a prospect is reading or clicking on your email is very helpful in seeing how effective your emails are.
  • The SalesLoft extension in Salesforce tends to glitch or delete call notes while you're typing them.
  • It doesn't help process duplicate accounts.
It was very helpful for people that spend a lot of time cold calling. It is also helpful for people who want to listen back to their calls and for those who want to easily save multiple email templates. It's also great for people that want to track analytics.
Read Sophia Volkert's full review
Cassara Healey | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft is being used by the entire Business Development Team. Although our team is on the smaller end (6 people and growing), we use Salesloft to help us achieve numbers that would be possible for a bigger team. It allows us to create cadences & workflows that better help us manage our time and our large potential client base. It's also tied in with Salesforce nicely, so when we get a lead and workflow it, the account executives on the other team can track all of our communications form SalesLoft in Salesforce, so there is no 'he said she said.'
  • It tracks how many times your email has been read, the location, and even down to the device.
  • Workflow cadences are easy to set up, and can be easily copied and implemented across a bigger team.
  • Our internet provider/firewall protection has a hard time allowing calls to go through. We normally cannot make calls from our laptops because of this. Although it's more on our own company end, I feel SalesLoft should have some additional workarounds for work environments like this.
  • If you open your own email, it tracks it as a view, and ultimately you can fudge your own numbers for open ratios. Guess who was top of their sales team for "emails opened" because of this minor overlook?
It's well suited for any business development team who needs to grow their numbers aggressively. The ability to create cadences, workflows, and collaborate on emails makes it easy for a team of any size to grow their business. It does take a bit of time to get used to, and a little bit of training, but I feel like any software that is too easy to learn probably doesn't have the functionality you need. SalesLoft is always adding to their platform as well.
Read Cassara Healey's full review
Nathan F. | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2019

Great Software!

I use SalesLoft every day at my job. Overall, this software has been a huge help in keeping accounts organized and has saved me hours of time. There is no doubt it's increased our companies sales by making it easy to keep up with all of our prospecting customers. This is definitely worth the investment!
  • Organization
  • User-friendly
  • Make it capable of adjusting cadence steps when there are accounts pending for that step.
I have hundreds of accounts to sort through. SalesLoft makes keeping them all organized extremely easy. I can keep everything in a cadence that tells me when each account should get a call or an email, and I can set reminders/tasks if any account needs special attention. It makes my job much easier and saves me a lot of time.
Read Nathan F.'s full review
Maury Rubin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used SalesLoft for a few months as a sales enablement tool + dialer for the sales department.
  • The dialer lived in the web browser (fast and efficient dial experience).
  • When the sales intelligence worked, it was useful to see keywords effortlessly in a call breakdown.
  • There was a long delay between calls being made and then them being viewable in teaching libraries.
  • We had many issues with the dialer on our sales floor particularly when there was an increase in reps using the dialer at once (this might have been a wifi issue).
The main reason we used SalesLoft as a dialer and a sales enablement tool was for the bot that could listen in to calls and track keywords. From my experience, it took 2+ days for the calls to be logged to be able to listen to them. This was the main reason we wanted the product, so for that aspect to not work 100% was a big deal-breaker.
Read Maury Rubin's full review
Tina Lai | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft is being used across the whole organization across various departments in Finance, Professional Services, VC/Equity, Corporate Markets, Industrials, Law, Accounts Management, Customer Success and more. It addresses the business problems of: 1) Provides visibility into communications, 2) helps to fill the gaps we have (no marketing team or department), 3) helps to automate messaging, 4) helps to streamline processes of customer outreach, client outreach, accounts management, and more.
  • SalesLoft integrates with Salesforce & other sales applications like LinkedIn Sales Navigator very well to provide insights & information on prospects or customers as part of the outreach when in Salesloft & emailing/messaging.
  • Salesloft provides additional add-ons and features like Owler & CrystalKnows to provide more insights into companies & prospects and how to either speak to them or discuss pertinent information with them.
  • Salesloft makes it easy to use it's outreach/emails with simple ways to import clients via csv or has ways to easily integrate into Sfdc to sync data and to provide visibility into duplicate prospects or clients as well. If there was only a way to filter out duplicate cadences & having contacts only be able to be part of one cadence at a time would be great.
  • Salesloft needs to vamp up their Rules management capabilities. To have the ability to create more rules in which (more fields & more open fields) cadences can be applied - for example. There should be a rule that one prospect can't be part of 2 cadences at the same time or of some sort. Or to somehow handle duplicates in the system (duplicate outreach) so customers don't get reached out to twice or at the same time by different account managers. (clean up data issues with rules)
  • SalesLoft could have more cross-functional visibility for teams to share cadences. I think it's not that easy to find Team Cadences or to filter Cadences.
  • SalesLoft should have better metrics for successful campaigns. It should be able to rank or rate the best campaigns across teams so that we can know for best practices which are the best campaigns to continue using and which ones to now. So rank them by "Open Rate" or "View Rate" or "Click Rate" just to have better analytics and a dashboard to track success metrics.
I've been recommending SalesLoft for each of the startups I've worked at or have consulted for. It is a great tool for sales teams. And even for customer success teams as well as Accounts Management teams. I recommend that it be used alongside LinkedIn Sales Navigator and to also leverage the additional addons like CrystalKnows as well. It should be used to help with Social Selling in Linkedin (sharing articles via Owler) and also for understanding customers with CrystalKnows.
Read Tina Lai's full review
Kimball Lybbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 31, 2019

SalesLoft for SDRs

It's a great program for our SDR department and sales. That's really the only department that uses it, for prospecting leads. The problem with SalesLoft for our company, after lead turns into deals, it's transferred over to "Zoho", a program we use for tracking deal progression. So the problem we see is having to use different programs for one job.
  • Great dialing application.
  • Great tool for keeping notes and statistics on calls.
  • Allows us to keep tasks and agendas organized.
  • I would like to see the homepage dashboard a bit more customizable. Being able to manage and organize cadences how you'd like to see them.
SalesLoft is the perfect program to use for an SDR and sales. When we're constantly prospecting leads, making up to 100 calls a day, SalesLoft provides the ability to keep track of our work and progress while our focus is on our quotas. I feel it's less appropriate as the deal progresses closer to closing and we have more attachments and subscriptions to implement.
Read Kimball Lybbert's full review
Mauricio Belmonte Mireles | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft is being used by the sales department to handle the interactions with prospects. It helps with follow ups and organizing contacts. We can set up automatic emails and it alerts you to do calls. You can create processes step by step with emails or calls and everything is measured so you will know what works better.
  • SalesLoft integrates with other tools such as CRM and mail.
  • You can create series of steps to complete a goal, with automated steps.
  • You can have templates for quick mailing.
  • You can follow up on mails, knowing they were opened or readed.
  • Integration with WhatsApp would be great.
  • The possibility to have an automated link in the calendar meetings for video calls.
  • Android mobile app
SalesLoft is great for sales processes, integrating it with a CRM helps to handle the whole process. You can send mails using templates with personalized fields such as name or company. It is great for an inbound marketing process and as an assistant for the follow up tasks.
Read Mauricio Belmonte Mireles's full review
Abraham Pablo | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 28, 2019

A Good Solution Review

Well, SalesLoft is "THE TOOL" of our organization. We manage around 100 leads a month there for the need of having a tool that can help us optimize this process of sending emails and reminding you of the contacts you need to follow. The cadences and the integration with Salesforce are what I like the most of SalesLoft. I hope they can make a free app for android that will work for me.
  • Optimize the emails with cadences.
  • The option to see when and how many times your email has been read or clicked.
  • Integration with Salesforce.
  • Android App.
  • Record Video.
  • Better integration with Adobe Sign.
SalesLoft is perfect for managing a big amount of leads for sales people.
Salesloft is good, but not as appropriate to have a video call.
Read Abraham Pablo's full review
Mollie Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft is primarily being used by the business development, sales development, and lead generation teams at Skillsoft. We use the tool to organize our prospecting processes and create account-based marketing cadences. SalesLoft eliminates a lot of the manual tasks we had to previously perform in Salesforce, thereby saving us hours of time each day. We are able to extend our reach even further with the ability to create and customize templates, making it easy to personalize at scale.
  • It Keeps You Organized: You can easily run 25 different campaigns for 25 different accounts without having prospects fall through the cracks.
  • Data & Analytics: You can get a really good understanding of what works and does not work by looking at the data and analytics behind the e-mails you are sending out, and the phone calls you are making.
  • Smooth integration with Salesforce: everything that you do in SalesLoft can be easily transmitted back to Salesforce. They even allow customization of fields in SalesLoft to match up with what you have in Salesforce.
  • Clunky Functionality: It sometimes seems like you have to jump through unnecessary hoops to perform certain tasks (for example, changing the starting date of a cadence).
  • Inaccurate Reporting: There are a lot of times where it appears people are opening and clicking your e-mails, but they are not.
SalesLoft is well-suited for teams who need to produce a high volume of activity across a wide variety of customers.
Read Mollie Evans's full review
Virgil Rucker | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft is being used primarily as a prospecting tool across the entire sales and marketing organizations. It's used as a systematic way to identify new business, with real-time feedback.
  • Email tracking. When successful, SalesLoft confirms if emails are read, links clicked, and if replied to.
  • Systematic Cadences. SalesLoft provides a system for outreach via email, phone calls and other activities (such as LinkedIn) that schedule and remind users when to reach out and it does a great job of measuring the results.
  • SalesLoft integrates extremely well with other resources such as Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and Discovery.Org.
  • When formatting emails, at times the interface is challenging to use when creating emails with HTML.
  • To my knowledge, there is not a way to combine duplicate contacts, nor add multiple email address ( ie. primary, secondary).
  • I would like the ability to create "customized" fields when importing contacts.
One helpful usage of SalesLoft is sending multiple email invitations to a list of clients (similar to mail merge, but easier). If a customer has a strong spam filter, SalesLoft is not effective for sending emails.
Read Virgil Rucker's full review
Claudia Dominguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our Group Sales department uses the program to prospect and engage with potential customers
  • Managing support tickets when needed, as an admin, I don't have to spend too much time troubleshooting as I have the support of Salesforce.
  • In-app analytics with filters allow us to tell stakeholders many things about the business
  • Mass automated engagement has allowed our users to spend more time out selling while still engaging with other prospects.
  • More accessibility to training materials.
  • Business-specific best practices being offered.
Suitable when prospecting and working on a sale with a potential customer. Also connects well with our CRM Salesforce.
Less suitable for mass marketing emails needing to be sent 'from the company'
Read Claudia Dominguez's full review
Taylor Little | TrustRadius Reviewer
Salesloft is a great tool and its main use case for our organization at Hootsuite is to be able to efficiently allow our sales team to reach out and connect with all the leads coming through our marketing team. We have a lot of leads that come through whether they are webinars leads or contact us leads and being able to efficiently get out multiple emails at once or make d40 dials in 15 minutes allows me to keep my pipeline fully loaded.
  • It allows you to send out many emails at once.
  • It allows you to easily listen back to your calls to help you improve.
  • It allows you to manage all your leads from Salesforce very efficiently.
  • Not being able to automatically send out emails.
  • Not being able to see easy-time data on your monthly performance.
  • Not being able to have the ability to send different emails to different prospects in the same cadences (personalizing more).
I personally use Salesloft for efficiently reaching out to all my leads without having to personalize each email one by one. I also use it to listen back to all my calls to see where I can improve and what information I missed on discovery calls. It's great for allowing you to book a meeting straight from your email as they have access to your Gmail calendar.
Read Taylor Little's full review
Marcus Muchura | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2019

Salesloft is Crucial

Salesloft is being used by my organization's Sales and Sales Development teams to organize and make our outreach efforts more efficient. We leverage Salesloft at Shutterstock to create cadences for all our prospects. It automates the process when it comes to reaching out to new prospective customers.
  • Automation. Functions such as "Send All", being able to schedule emails, make Salesloft a useful tool that makes it easier for me to get my work done.
  • Analytics. Salesloft provides insight into the most effective cadences, steps, templates in order to optimize outreach.
  • Integrations. Salesloft integrates with various sales tools including Salesforce, Vidyard, Sendoso, etc.
  • It would be nice if I could upload GIFs into emails.
Salesloft is well suited for anybody prospecting to a lot of customers in a day. The Salesforce integration enables me to upload leads and contacts seamlessly onto the platform, put them into cadences, and make outreach less intimidating.
Read Marcus Muchura's full review
Myles Durrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft is utilized by our inside sales department. It helps all of our representatives stay on track when it comes to reaching out to our customers that have expressed interest in our company. SalesLoft gives you the ability to personalized a cadence in which you would like to follow with your leads and tools that allow you to customize emails, have dynamic coding, and voicemail drop capabilities. The monotony of trying to reach out to customers that are tough to reach becomes almost automatic.
  • SalesLoft does a great job utilizing the dynamic codes so that every email becomes personalized to that customer.
  • SalesLoft lets you know who to call, when to call, reminds you of every note you have taken, and allows you to to listen to every conversation you've had with your customers in the past.
  • SalesLoft allows you to have local dialing capabilities, which results in higher pick up percentages.
  • Sometimes when I go to reschedule a certain task due date, that task will still pop up the next day and I have to reschedule it again.
  • When I start my day it will say I have X amount of calls to make, and then throughout the day, I will have tasks trickled in. It would be nice if it showed you exactly what needed to be done upfront.
Any company with a scenario in which the company needs to get in contact with customers via phone or email to give information on certain products would LOVE SalesLoft. If a Sales Rep is not necessary to sell a product, I'm not sure who else would utilize this software.
Read Myles Durrett's full review
Karunakar Dev | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2019

A lofty shot

Salesloft is used by the Sales function of WeWork. I specifically play the role of lead generation in my organization. I find mail addresses and other contact information through different sources and Salesloft them with a series of follow-ups.
  • Removes mails if replied, enables to be tracked manually and doesn't send continuous follow-ups as it might irk the prospects.
  • Allowed to view info with name, designation, location and phone. Gives clarity.
  • Gives the actual count of emails as it flushes out the bounced mails.
  • Unable able to merge a couple of cadences.
  • Shaded or duplicate entries of mail addresses should be allowed to add to a new cadence, the old campaign must be old and discarded. so no point in letting that mail address go.
  • Mailbox gets flooded if the mail bounces. No alternate solution to counter that?
Salesloft is not very well suited for fixing email addresses.
Read Karunakar Dev's full review
Shaida Rahman | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft has been a very helpful tool to allow me to keep track of all my interactions with prospects. I deal with a high volume of inbound leads everyday. Prior to SalesLoft everything was manual, emails, calling etc. Now with SalesLoft, I add any new leads into a different cadence depending on the priority and the prospect's enquiry and keep up with them.

The bulk emailing has saved me a lot of time. I am able to do 1 week's work in a matter of minutes with this functionality.
  • Bulk emailing
  • Cadences for different enquiries and prioprity
  • Email Tracking
  • Calling has been an issue in the past
SalesLoft is great for sales teams that deal with a high volume of leads to better manage workloads and email marketing.
Read Shaida Rahman's full review
Marcus Gverzdys | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2019

Happy Lofting

SalesLoft is being used by our entire sales organization. Speaking within the SDR function, everything I do is within SalesLoft. Essentially it helps our team manager a higher volume of leads during our outreach and also allows us to test various cadences, emails, etc.
  • Analytics on Cadences
  • Building Cadences is Quite Easy
  • Forecasting Activities to I know when I need to Add More Accounts
  • Can be slow at times (second + delay when typing)
  • Have had difficulties syncing to an SFDC lead/contact (would be great if I could map back to applicable person within SalesLoft)
Well Suited
  • Inbound SDR Teams where leaders want to increase the number of leads worked by their team.
  • Outbound SDR/BDR teams who want to be more efficient and gain analytics into what is working vs not.
Read Marcus Gverzdys's full review
Steven Schonenberger | TrustRadius Reviewer
SalesLoft helps increase sales velocity in terms of outbound communication, prospecting, and measuring our effectiveness.
  • Track emails
  • Templates, snippets, and thought research
  • Ability to create cadences quickly that are easily customizable
  • Buggy issues when uploading customers into cadences and overall use of "loft it" switch
  • Poor UI when following up with cadences
  • When copy/pasting emails into the "Create a cadence," the formatting gets absolutely destroyed and results in a huge time suck
I'd tell my colleagues to evaluate Outreach and SalesLoft to see which one is best suited for their needs.
Read Steven Schonenberger's full review
Samantha Juett | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 04, 2019

Obsessed with SalesLoft

The Sales department uses it in USA and Canada to track and easily email prospects. It ensures we stay on top of reach outs and saves time from writing emails from scratch every time.
  • Save you time writing emails when you can create cadences with templates
  • Love the feature of sending emails at a later date or time and time zone
  • Love the integrations available with Salesforce and LinkedIn SalesNavigator
  • You can't loft @gmail.com emails
  • More analytics about cadences (how many people you emailed in a certain time frame on a cadence is missing, it just shows how many emails were sent in a given time frame)
Fantastic for anyone in Sales, CSM, marketing, anyone who is doing client reach outs.
Read Samantha Juett's full review

About SalesLoft

SalesLoft is a sales engagement and conversational intelligence platform. It allows teams to set and execute on a cadence of communications, with the goal of converting more target accounts into customer accounts, expanding existing relationships, and offering an elevated customer experience. According the the vendor, some of the functions and benefits of SalesLoft include:

- Standardizing process across the organization and the automation of repeatable processes

- Ensuring messaging alignment and resonance through templating controls and personalization

- A holistic view engagement real-time activity tracking

- Improved coaching and onboarding through conversational intelligence and call recording

- Seamless integrations through an extensible partner ecosystem and custom API

SalesLoft is designed to help organizations engage their audience in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways by activating strategic focus.

The vendor reports having more than 2,000 customers, including IBM, MuleSoft, Square, WeWork, and Zoom. The vendor touts that SalesLoft was named the 7th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America by Deloitte and recently hailed by The New York Times as a start-up that "may be the next unicorn." More information is available on the vendor's website.

SalesLoft Competitors