Reviews (1-7 of 7)
- Customer support - they don't talk in technical terms but in plain English. They get back to you quickly with a solution.
- Cost - we saved money switching to it - $10,000 in the first three years.
- Reporting is simple and easy to use. We get what we need in our reports.
- I'd love to seem them add AI functionality to some of the repetitive tasks
We use the CRM to hold all of the addresses for our agency-wide mailings.
- Autoresponders and automated emails have been really cool and simple to use, that tool in itself has added a lot of value and has been a powerful way to keep supporters engaged.
- Donor management is one thing that Salsa CRM gets really technical with. There is so much information that you can have on each donor.
- I like the forms and how easy they are to embed on the website, like email sign up forms or donation forms. I can make them look seamless as they sit on the website and gather information and donations.
- Starting up with the product was taxing, slow and generally not pleasant. Although the learning curve is real and tough to manage by yourself, I'm not really talking about that. It took over a month for Salsa CRM to get the thing activated and working so I could start using it. I was allocating a lot of my time to make sure they had everything they needed, and it was a lengthy process. I was also bugged by how many duplicates they put into the system from the donor information I gave them.
- I think a few things were oversold about the product, the data conversion being one of those. And although I like the forms, they do not meet all the needs we were hoping for when it comes to signing up and retrieving data from volunteers.
I'm still figuring out how to best manage supporters, it's not as intuitive as I would like. I used to just manage all donor information on Google Sheets, and I still prefer Google Sheets.
- User-Friendly. As a user, it is an intuitive product. When you are working, it is easy to navigate.
- Fundraising Pages: Salsa Engage allows you to easily and quickly make fundraising pages that can be pushed out to your community of donors.
- CRM: Easy to manage the constituents. When someone signs up for our fundraising pages, the software captures the demographics and either matches up to the existing donor or creates a new constituent.
- Salsa CRM listens to their customers and works well with the user base. Most ideas are listened to and can see that requests are pushed out in updates.
- I would LOVE an app on my phone rather than using the native browser but I do understand that there is a lot of work on creating this.
- The software is easy to use
- The dashboards are a great way to compare results on an annual basis
- The online browser is handy when working from home or out of the office
- Reports can be a bit cumbersome
- We haven't mastered the art of exporting files and tagging records
- Managing donations - Salsa helps keep track of the donations coming in whether they are a one-time donation or a series of donations.
- Automatic email series (set it up once and it will run without you once you initiate the trigger point.)
- This software also allows you to set up roles within the company for controlling access to things like donations and data entry.
- When we started with Salsa, not every option was available online, some were desktop specific. As it has been some time since I worked with Salsa these have probably been resolved.
- The ability to communicate between Salsa CRM and other Salsa software options. Sometimes the crossover was not as efficient as was needed.
- Tagging and setting up rules for particular donors was somewhat confusing - meaning, therefore, that the amount of training needed to implement the software was somewhat intensive.
- Integration with its marketing software, Salsa Engage, is great! Most software companies require you to pay additional for such an integration.
- Constant updates to meet the needs of its users!
- Its integration with other software such as wix!
- With the constant updates comes challenges. Often times, with an update comes several small bugs that Salsa has to work to fix.
- I believe their customer support works from home so it is challenging to get a concrete answer on the first phone call. It often takes several follow ups.
- The implementation was a bit rocky but customer service worked with us a lot and we got through it! We were moving from Google Drive and several other platforms for ticket sales, emails, etc. so we didn't have any experience with this. It eventually all worked out and the Salsa team really stepped up to accommodate our needs.
Salsa CRM allows our Development Department to keep track of donations and donors. It also allows Donations made off campus to be entered into the CRM database Automatically. This is something that Abila Fundraising 50 was not able to do. When donations were made off campus someone from the Development Department had to manually copy the donation information into Abila Fundraising 50. This was extremely tedious and a major reason for migrating away from Abila Fundraising 50.
- Ease of Data Migration from Abila Fundraising 50.
- Automated Donation entry from mobile events into the CRM database.
- Flexible web based and Application based use. Allows using the CRM using a browser or a dedicated locally installed application.
- The 1st time setup is a bit confusing. It could have been made simpler but as it is it requires you to do some extra work because the Installer does not automate some of the tasks.
- The extra steps required in the 1st step is a bit confusing and took more than 1 try to get correctly.
- They have a separate app called Salsa Engage fundraiser component which they will try to upsell with Salsa CRM.
Salsa CRM Scorecard Summary
About Salsa CRM
Salsa CRM (Formerly DonorPro CRM) is a donor and constituent management system that helps nonprofits build donor profiles, track every interaction, cultivate major gifts, and report on all development activities.
The platform includes mobile-ready digital marketing tools for email, social, and online donation forms.
Additional features include donor cultivation, donation processing of all gift types, direct mail, built in word processing, mail merge, powerful query tool, event/auction management, grant management, task reminders, member management, volunteer tracking, and database permissions and security.
Integrations with WealthEngine, DonorSearch, and Double the Donation can be activated.
According to the vendor, on average Salsa clients see annual increases in donors (28%), donations (35%), and enjoy donor retention rates of over 74%.
Salsa CRM Screenshots
Salsa CRM Integrations
Salsa CRM Competitors
Salsa CRM Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||25%|
Salsa CRM Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Salsa CRM Technical Details