Reviews (1-3 of 3)
November 03, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Salsify is being used to collect, store, and publish product content. It is used primarily by eCommerce, but is slowly being adopted by others in the company. Salsify addresses our need to store and categorize information. It is particularly useful in transforming that information into the different formats needed by internal and external customers, It also serves as a repository for our digital assets and serves the same useful purpose in transforming (rename, crop, resize, file format) these assets to the formats needed by different customers.
- Nearly instant publication of product content onto ecommerce platforms that support API connections. As the number of these connections grows, this will become more powerful.
- Salsify's support team is usually very helpful, and always friendly. Development is constantly ongoing.
- My favorite aspect of Salsify is the ability to quickly see what information is missing from a given product. Using readiness reports to identify gaps helps the whole team focus on what is important within their sphere of responsibility.
- Image transformation is powerful. In the past, we had to rename, resize, crop, etc. to meet different expectations. Now, we just program the right transformations, hit a button, and Salsify does the heavy lifting.
- It needs more ability to limit viewing or editing of certain attributes by user or user class. I understand this is in the pipeline.
- Responsive design. It is not usable on a phone (various iPhone n+ models). I NEVER prefer to work in Salsify on my phone, but it would be nice to be able to in a pinch.
Read Adam McCracken's full review
Salsify is well suited to a company that has a lot of products or product lines. Although it would be useful for others also, the upsides shine when working with larger sets of products. To fully exploit all of the ways to access your data stored on the platform, you need a developer or team with time to learn the platform. We primarily use Salsify in the browser. This is not really a downside to Salsify, and should be expected for integration with all third party software.
November 03, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
Salsify is a centralized repository for all of our product content, including images, product detail, and other assets. It is used by the marketing department to support our resellers and channel partners. It allows us to easily syndicate product content to partners in an efficient way by use of smart lists and channels.
- Has intuitive filtering so you can create a selection of product SKUs quickly.
- Channel set up and mapping is very easy to use which allows you to format data in your customer's preferred format.
- Exporting images for image requests from customers is a breeze as it will export, resize, and rename in the customer's naming convention directly to an FTP site.
- Video syndication is challenging in that the native file formats take up storage and streaming options are not available to the end user.
- Initial mapping of channels could be easier if a drag and drop format would be available rather than setting up custom formulas.
- If catalogs could be exported to PDF format that would be a huge plus.
Read John Hunt's full review
Syndicating content to a diverse range of partners is the best use of Salsify. It can be used as a PIM or DAM system, but that is not its strongest feature.
We are currently using Salsify as a DAM. Currently, we are only using this for our wholesale partners to share our digital assets with them for use. We would eventually like to use this across our entire organization to have access to product data and assets.
- The customer service is AMAZING! They walked us through everything step by step... multiple times. They are also working with us on how to identify our goals.
- The platform is extremely user friendly.
- Uploading information can be time consuming but they are working on linking their platform to our ERP system.
Read Jaclyn Rifflard's full review
Depending on the company and their use for Salsify, I would definitely recommend this product.
Salsify Scorecard Summary
Salsify empowers brand manufacturers to deliver the product experiences consumers demand anywhere they choose to shop online. The company's product experience management platform (PXM) combines the power of product information management (PIM) and digital asset management (DAM) capabilities, the industry’s broadest commerce ecosystem, and actionable insights to orchestrate compelling product experiences through every digital touchpoint.
Salsify PXM customers cut across a range of verticals and company sizes, including the world's biggest brands like Coca-Cola, Bosch, GSK, Rawlings, and Fruit of the Loom, all using Salsify every day to stand out on the digital shelf.
ERP, DAM, GDSN, Ecommerce, PIM
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Salsify Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||35%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||55%|
Salsify Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Salsify Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|