Ariba's usefulness

SAP-Ariba Survey

My experience in Ariba

With Ariba it was possible to consolidate all suppliers in one network.

Ariba Review

What is SAP Ariba Contract Management?

What is SAP S/4HANA?

SAP S/4HANA stands for SAP Suite 4 HANA. According to the vendor, it is a next-generation integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that is designed for businesses of all sizes, in all industries, that require deep and broad functionality combined with a high degree of flexibility. SAP…

What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?

Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a CRM providing sales, marketing, and service functionality. It is offered as SaaS and on-premise. Dynamics 365 is part of the larger Dynamics suite of business intelligence and ERP products.

What is SAP Ariba Contract Management?

SAP Ariba Contract Management is software that helps legal, finance, procurement, and sales operations professionals tasked with driving contract management to manage all types of agreements, including procurement, sales, and internal contracts. The vendor says that with SAP Ariba Contract Management, companies can develop best-value agreements by addressing the two major components of the contract lifecycle:

• Contract Management from contract request, contract authoring, workflows to address the contracting process, negotiation and approval, and contract execution via electronic signatures

• Commitment Management including all ongoing compliance and performance management through task-driven reminders and search and reporting capabilities as well as contract renewal activities

With SAP Ariba Contract Management, companies can connect directly with customers when creating, negotiating, executing, and managing the ongoing administration of contracts. The vendor’s value proposition is that by using their contract management solution, companies will experience greater efficiency, lower administrative costs, and improved relationships that result in higher value agreements.

The vendor says that what makes their Software-as-a-Service solution unique is that it delivers market leading technology in a fully hosted environment with data security standards that exceed those of any enterprise company.

SAP Ariba Contract Management Features

• Supported: Multi-tenant, Saas-integrated platform managing the entire contract lifecycle for all agreements
  • Supported: Flexible compliance capabilities including real-time enforcement at time of requisition and improved monitoring on past spend transactions
  • Supported: Powerful search and reporting capabilities to optimize the value from existing commitments
  • Supported: Robust and flexible contract processing workflows
  • Supported: Full audit trail for internal and external/regulatory requirements
  • Supported: Integreated contract data and workflows with third party systems

SAP Ariba Contract Management Competitors

SAP Ariba Contract Management Technical Details

Alternatives

What is SAP Ariba Contract Management's best feature?

Reviewers rate Contract editing and Contract database and Contract milestone reminders & alerts highest, with a score of 9.9.

Who uses SAP Ariba Contract Management?

The most common users of SAP Ariba Contract Management are from Enterprises and the Information Technology & Services industry.

April 22, 2020

Ariba's usefulness

It is used across the organization from corporate to the supply chain. We use it for supplier initial questionnaire and evaluation analysis prior to use and contract engagement.
  • Questionnaire
  • Feedback loop
  • Central repository
  • Flow customization
  • Subcustomization for sub organization
Ariba, for our application, is suited for the initial engagement with supplier contacts. Maintenance of records once data expired can be useful to flag as a part of the life support with supplier engagement. (i.e. expiration notification of NDA, ISO 9001 certificate to resend the request to continue to maintain initial record provided)
Ariba Contract Management is a software tool being used in the company to manage all the procurement contracts in the company. For every circuit we hire (1327 in LATAM), we have a contract with the supplier. This tool makes everything easier showing us all the vital information a contract has such as start date, end date, supplier, product/service, contract value, etc., allowing us to be aware of any changes we need to make, extensions, cancellations or re-negotiations. It also lets us upload any valuable document the contract may have.
  • Show contract vital information
  • Show reports
  • No free Trial
  • Expensive
If you have or work for a company that needs to manage lots of contracts at once, keeping track of each of them, it's the perfect tool needed in your business. Ariba Contract Management allows you to have a complete control over all your procurement contracts in an easy going, friendly platform. Would totally recommend it for small or large business that manage lots of procurement or sales contracts.
Shalindra Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am part of consulting company who provides consulting and implementation service for procurement solution on the various products including SAP Ariba.
As part of this exercise, based on customer's requirement, we do compare various products and provide our suggestions to the customer. There are lots of end customers implementation that we have done for sourcing and Contract Management from Ariba. Any company who is dealing with Vendors and supplier/Buyer would require Contract Management System in place to define the payment terms, legal documents, workflow, and other mutual agreements. And I found Ariba Contract Management solves this need very well.
  • SAP Ariba has Ariba Supply Chain Network that makes Suppliers/Vendors/Buyers onboarding very easy. Ariba Contract Management is very well integrated with Ariba network and hence sharing contractual documents and information are very easy.
  • SAP Ariba provide integration with SAP ERP which takes out the effort needed to integrate Ariba with SAP.
  • Ariba exposes API and ITK to do integration if your ERP is none SAP.
  • SAP Ariba Contract Management is the comprehensive solution that has most of the needed functionalities. One thing I would like to add a word of advice that evaluate and discuss all details as per your requirement before you make purchasing decision. Ariba, in general, is not customization friendly and there can be the limitation to the customization you may require as per your requirements.
  • Migration from Ariba to any other tool may not be easy, say after 2-3 years you realize that Ariba is not able to handle all requirements as per your need.
Ariba Contract Management is one of the best solution available and if you SAP ERP then I think there is no second thought.
Prabhjyot Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ariba is a Contract Lifecycle Management Software which is currently used in most of the organizations like Accenture, BMS etc. It is an end to end solution starting from PRF to Contracts and then procurement and PO's. Ariba is a cloud-based tool and also accepted worldwide. It can also be integrated to any existing ERP tool. Ariba is used in our company to support our client, we assist user as Contract managers and create contracts for them in a different language. We provide complete support for contracts end to end process.
  • Ariba allows us to automate the workflow.
  • Ariba allows approvers to approve the contracts through email.
  • We can easily obtain reports from the system.
  • The only point I can think that Ariba can improve is the performance issue. Sometimes it is getting very slow. Other than that Ariba functions very well.
  • In Ariba, assigning facilitators and monitors needs to be simplified.
  • The customer support team should have more admin rights.
I would like to highlight that by using this Ariba Contract lifecycle management tool. It is easy to use this software due to its excellent customer support. Drafting, negotiation and electronic signatures never been so easy to use in one system.
September 15, 2017

SAP-Ariba Survey

Katherine McGookey | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it only to make financial transactions with a big business entity easier. I only use it for this. I don't market with it because I don't have the kind of business that lends to this kind of marketing. But, it works great for what I need it for.
  • It informs me of when my proposals are approved.
  • It lets me electronically invoice my client.
  • It keeps me up to date on the status of my invoices and when they will be paid.
  • I don't like that they anticipate an annual revenue based on one quarter. Our business is cyclic in nature. This costs us more money in fees than necessary.
  • I never know exactly who to talk to. I've had to figure it out.
  • Set up was a mess. I had several employees that each tried and only one is necessary and when they leave, I have a problem.
If you have a marketing strategy that work well with this forum, Ariba is a good fit. If you have a client that prefers to use this for proposals, invoices, payments, it's a good fit. If you are just starting out and trying to find the right thing - get organized first and maybe this will be a good fit. It may be too robust for really small businesses.
We brought in ARIBA to replace our legacy SAP SRM and drive a global sourcing strategy across 100 plus countries where we are present. We have been using their catalogs for a couple of years now. Our leadership goal is to have one source of truth and one platform to optimize all sourcing.
  • Global presence
  • Integration with SAP backend
  • Reporting and analytics capabilties
  • The current ways of integration with SAP are a bit painful.
  • ARIBA shared services turn around time and knowledge lacks the depth of the product.
  • Reporting and Analytics need huge improvement.
  • They promise an Amazon-like experience but they are nowhere close to it.
  • Expensive for smaller countries but they have to bite the bullet to have one global solution.
  • Expensive implantation given hurdles with integration / training / Reporting / Change management.
The sheer number of vendors to manage digitally that have insights into payment via ARIBA Pay make it so that global transparency and ease of managing contracts are key.
February 01, 2018

My experience in Ariba

With Ariba it was possible to consolidate all suppliers in one network.
  • User friendly
  • Good Support
  • Well Known
  • Expensive
  • Not so responsive in mobile devices
  • Hard to customize
Ariba is well suited for large companies. But for smaller companies, I recommend another software, one not so complex like Ariba because there will be a lot of Ariba's features that a small company won't use
It was used to manage all of our contracts across three business units. It was used to digitally house all of our contracts and any pertinent documents.
  • Digitally storing contracts
  • Tying together related documents
  • Users have a lot of flexibility when inputting information. This can cause for confusion when two co-workers file related documents under two different companies: ie. Acme and ACME
Works great to tie related documents together, so that anything related to one master contract can be easily accessed.
July 07, 2014

Ariba Review

Ariba Contract Management is being used as a contract database for all contracts signed. The entire company is able to search for and find any contract entered into.
  • Searching for agreements
  • Customized templates for every situation
  • Reporting capabilities
  • Reporting for all users and not just a select few
  • Response to system problems