Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SAP Ariba Contract Management is software that helps legal, finance, procurement, and sales operations professionals tasked with driving contract management to manage all types of agreements, including procurement, sales, and internal contracts. The vendor says that with SAP Ariba Contract Management, companies can develop best-value agreements by addressing the two major components of the contract lifecycle:
• Contract Management from contract request, contract authoring, workflows to address the contracting process, negotiation and approval, and contract execution via electronic signatures
• Commitment Management including all ongoing compliance and performance management through task-driven reminders and search and reporting capabilities as well as contract renewal activities
With SAP Ariba Contract Management, companies can connect directly with customers when creating, negotiating, executing, and managing the ongoing administration of contracts. The vendor’s value proposition is that by using their contract management solution, companies will experience greater efficiency, lower administrative costs, and improved relationships that result in higher value agreements.
The vendor says that what makes their Software-as-a-Service solution unique is that it delivers market leading technology in a fully hosted environment with data security standards that exceed those of any enterprise company.
- Supported: Multi-tenant, Saas-integrated platform managing the entire contract lifecycle for all agreements
- Supported: Flexible compliance capabilities including real-time enforcement at time of requisition and improved monitoring on past spend transactions
- Supported: Powerful search and reporting capabilities to optimize the value from existing commitments
- Supported: Robust and flexible contract processing workflows
- Supported: Full audit trail for internal and external/regulatory requirements
- Supported: Integreated contract data and workflows with third party systems
Frequently Asked Questions
- Feedback loop
- Central repository
- Flow customization
- Subcustomization for sub organization
- Show contract vital information
- Show reports
- No free Trial
As part of this exercise, based on customer's requirement, we do compare various products and provide our suggestions to the customer. There are lots of end customers implementation that we have done for sourcing and Contract Management from Ariba. Any company who is dealing with Vendors and supplier/Buyer would require Contract Management System in place to define the payment terms, legal documents, workflow, and other mutual agreements. And I found Ariba Contract Management solves this need very well.
- SAP Ariba has Ariba Supply Chain Network that makes Suppliers/Vendors/Buyers onboarding very easy. Ariba Contract Management is very well integrated with Ariba network and hence sharing contractual documents and information are very easy.
- SAP Ariba provide integration with SAP ERP which takes out the effort needed to integrate Ariba with SAP.
- Ariba exposes API and ITK to do integration if your ERP is none SAP.
- SAP Ariba Contract Management is the comprehensive solution that has most of the needed functionalities. One thing I would like to add a word of advice that evaluate and discuss all details as per your requirement before you make purchasing decision. Ariba, in general, is not customization friendly and there can be the limitation to the customization you may require as per your requirements.
- Migration from Ariba to any other tool may not be easy, say after 2-3 years you realize that Ariba is not able to handle all requirements as per your need.
- Ariba allows us to automate the workflow.
- Ariba allows approvers to approve the contracts through email.
- We can easily obtain reports from the system.
- The only point I can think that Ariba can improve is the performance issue. Sometimes it is getting very slow. Other than that Ariba functions very well.
- In Ariba, assigning facilitators and monitors needs to be simplified.
- The customer support team should have more admin rights.
- It informs me of when my proposals are approved.
- It lets me electronically invoice my client.
- It keeps me up to date on the status of my invoices and when they will be paid.
- I don't like that they anticipate an annual revenue based on one quarter. Our business is cyclic in nature. This costs us more money in fees than necessary.
- I never know exactly who to talk to. I've had to figure it out.
- Set up was a mess. I had several employees that each tried and only one is necessary and when they leave, I have a problem.
- Global presence
- Integration with SAP backend
- Reporting and analytics capabilties
- The current ways of integration with SAP are a bit painful.
- ARIBA shared services turn around time and knowledge lacks the depth of the product.
- Reporting and Analytics need huge improvement.
- They promise an Amazon-like experience but they are nowhere close to it.
- Expensive for smaller countries but they have to bite the bullet to have one global solution.
- Expensive implantation given hurdles with integration / training / Reporting / Change management.
- User friendly
- Good Support
- Well Known
- Not so responsive in mobile devices
- Hard to customize
- Digitally storing contracts
- Tying together related documents
- Users have a lot of flexibility when inputting information. This can cause for confusion when two co-workers file related documents under two different companies: ie. Acme and ACME
- Searching for agreements
- Customized templates for every situation
- Reporting capabilities
- Reporting for all users and not just a select few
- Response to system problems
- Technical Customer Service