Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- Eases work of monitoring quotes pendency.
- Facilitates ease of comparison between different vendor quotes.
- Ease of invoicing and Purchase Order creation.
- Good platform to keep track of all work flow stages of procurement, as in which order is in which stage and compare delivery pendency.
- Difficulty for unskilled employ to use, when I first used it , I needed to be guided.
- Complexity in structure for use.
- Secrecy of data I feel is a point, for example I as a sales person can monitor all pending orders from my clients or open for quote items, even if they are unrelated to my firm. I suppose there must be some option to correct that from the client end in order to prevent loss of privacy, thereby I think it's a bit complex to use.
- Paperless purchase order process
- Approval hierarchy can be managed with ease
- RFX process which is complex in nature can be managed smoothly
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis can be done in Ariba
- Ariba tool allows global pricing for all the products
- Make it simpler for suppliers to participate in eSourcing
- Reporting can be enhanced
- Ariba can be more user-friendly
- Price needs to be economical
For a complete RFX process which involves multiple vendors/suppliers which requires various hierarchy approvals. then Ariba Procurement is the right choice. Ariba Procurement helps to place orders from multiple businesses within the organization with a smooth approval process. Allows processing of paperless purchase orders.
Ariba is not suitable for purchasing products in small companies. There are also opportunities to enhance the reporting in Ariba Procurement.
- It supports strategic solutions such as request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), and request for quotation (RFQ) as well as e-auction services.
- A cloud-based spend management software solution designed to help companies control spending and achieve goals.
- It helps in selection and ordering, purchase order approval and delivery and billing.
- While using the tool, we also have the need for client support or supporting our end users. I personally believe the customer support experience should be better.
- Should have more features like working on all different browsers like Firefox and IE more efficiently.
- Reporting functionality should be increased and have easy access.
- Access to the system after getting approval.
- Ariba Procurement consolidates the Procure to Pay process
- Ariba Procurement provides great spend visibility
- Ariba Procurement has good reporting features and is user-friendly enough that end-users can run reports and exports these reports to Excel
- Ariba Procurement allows vendors to enter their own invoices.
- Ariba Procurement could be more user-friendly. Currently, it requires at least 1-hour to train external users to enter their own invoices in the system.
- Ariba Procurement could improve on the eSourcing module, making it simpler for suppliers to gain access and participate in the events.
- Ariba Procurement could improve the SAP > Ariba communication. Certain actions done in SAP are not communicated back to Ariba.
- The Credit Memo process could improve. When credits are created (CM-CWT) they are reflected in Ariba, but SAP does not fund the actual order.
Ariba is well suited for all indirect types of spending.
For direct spend, however, such as logistics, Ariba Procurement does not offer enough of the required fields. It seems that Ariba Procurement cannot offer solutions to match the complexities of the direct spend or the solutions offered require customization, which can be costly. The SAP support is very costly.
SAP Ariba is an online solution catered to delivering a cloud-based procurement platform for the needs of both buyers and suppliers. It is touted as one of the world’s leading business commerce networks where businesses of all sizes can connect to their trading partners anywhere, at any time, and from any application or device to buy, sell, and manage their cash more efficiently than before.
SAP Ariba combines industry-leading cloud-based applications with the world’s largest Internet-based trading community to help companies discover and collaborate with a global network of partners. Companies around the world use the software to simplify inter-enterprise commerce and enhance the results that they deliver.
- Cost Reduction: Definitely this goes well as you are able to get different suppliers with different pricing and you can now select what pricing best suits your present needs.
- Supplier management: Different suppliers can be easily manage from one tool.
- Suppliers enjoy visibility of the recruitment bidding process. One can also save the time to respond to online emails by using the platform to communicate with clients.
- The system we use is not user friendly, you need a detailed tutorial to understand the processes better.
- Once the network is not so great, it can take a while trying to upload a document to the cloud.
- User interface
SAP Ariba Procurement Scorecard Summary
About SAP Ariba Procurement
SAP Ariba Procurement Technical Details