Role-based user permissions (5)
Custom reports (5)
Standard reports (5)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SAP Business ByDesign, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SAP Business ByDesign (ByD) is a cloud enterprise resource planning software (Cloud ERP) that is sold and operated as software as a service (SaaS) by SAP SE. It is designed for small to medium-sized enterprises as well as subsidiary businesses. The software is designed to provide business processes across application areas from financials to human resources with embedded business analytics, mobility, e-learning, and support.
SAP Business ByDesign is built on the principles of a service-oriented architecture (SOA). The underlying technology is leveraging SAP's in-memory HANA database.
A comprehensive set of prepackaged integrations as well as SOAP and oData webservices ensure easy integrations to other SAP or non-SAP applications.
The main application areas:
- Financial Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management and Professional Service Automation
- Supplier Relationship Management and Procurement
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Fund and Grant Management
- Business Analytics
- Executive support and compliance management.
ByDesign is deployed in 144 countries and supports 12 languages.
SAP Business ByDesign is available for a monthly software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription, based on a base package, user types, and number of users. The price includes hosting, unlimited storage, access to all application areas (see above), support etc.
Updates are delivered automatically four times a
year with no IT staff required.
- Supported: Accounts payable
- Supported: Accounts receivable
- Supported: Global Financial Support
- Supported: Primary and Secondary Ledgers
- Supported: Intercompany Accounting
- Supported: Localizations
- Supported: Journals and Reconciliations
- Supported: Enterprise Accounting
- Supported: Configurable Accounting
- Supported: Centralized Rules Framework
- Supported: Standardized Processes
- Supported: Automated Invoice Processing
- Supported: Shared Services Payments
- Supported: Billings Management
- Supported: Customer Receipt Applications
- Supported: Customer Collections
- Supported: Revenue Recognition
- Supported: Cash Management
- Supported: Asset Management
- Supported: Travel & Expense Management
- Supported: Budgetary Control & Encumbrance Accounting
- Supported: Period Close
- Supported: Transactions Tax
- Supported: Subledger Reconciliations
- Supported: Inventory tracking
- Supported: Automatic reordering
- Supported: Location management
- Supported: Manufacturing module
- Supported: Pricing
- Supported: Order entry
- Supported: Credit card processing
- Supported: Cost of goods sold
- Supported: Order Orchestration
- Supported: End-to-end order visibility
- Supported: Order exception Resolution
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
- Supported: API for custom integration
- Supported: Plug-ins
- Supported: Role-based user permissions
- Supported: Single sign-on capability
- Supported: Multi-factor authentication
- Supported: User-level audit trail
- Supported: Award Lifecycle Management
- Supported: Spending Control
- Supported: Indirect Cost Management
- Supported: Billing
- Supported: Budgeting and Forecasting
- Supported: Project Costing
- Supported: Cost Capture
- Supported: Capital Project Management
- Supported: Customer Invoicing
- Supported: Customer Contract Compliance
- Supported: Project Revenue Recognition
- Supported: Project Financial Performance Analysis
- Supported: Project Financials Dashboard
- Supported: Real-time Financial Reporting
- Supported: Embedded Business Intelligence
- Supported: Project Planning Collaboration
- Supported: Project Planning and Scheduling
- Supported: Project Manager Dashboard
- Supported: Resource Manager Dashboard
- Supported: Task Insight for Project Managers
- Supported: Project Manager Mobile Functionality
- Supported: Team Member Task Collaboration
- Supported: Team Member Mobile Functionality
- Supported: Project Candidate Search
- Supported: Defineable Resource Pools
- Supported: Defineable Resource Pools
- Supported: Talent Profiles
- Supported: Real-Time Project Reporting
- Supported: Absence Management
- Supported: Sourcing Analysis
- Supported: Bids Analyzed and Compared
- Supported: Catalog Shopping E-Commerce for Employees
- Supported: Invoice Automated Matching
- Supported: Requisitions-to-Purchase Orders Integrated
- Supported: Spend Compliance Management
- Supported: Supplier Management
- Supported: Inventory Visibility
- Supported: Warehouse Workforce Management
- Supported: Production Process Design
- Supported: Supply Chain Business Flows
- Supported: Production Management
- Supported: Configuration Management
- Supported: Work Execution
- Supported: Advanced Fulfillment
- Supported: Manufacturing Costs
- Supported: Forecasting
- Supported: Inventory Planning
- Supported: Multi-tier Supply Chain Planning
- Supported: Performance Monitoring
- Supported: Lead and Opportunity Management
- Supported: Quality Management
- Supported: After Sales Service
Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyrPpMOiTew to watch SAP Business ByDesign video.
Watch Customer Testimonial Overview Videos - Wholesale Distribution Hear from a variety from customers in the Wholesale & Distribution industry, how SAP Business ByDesign is helping them to digitize their business
Watch Customer Testimonial Overview Videos - Wholesale Distribution Hear from a variety from customers in the Professional Services industry, how SAP Business ByDesign is helping them to digitize their business
- Introduction: SAP Business ByDesign gives fast-growing, mid-market businesses the Cloud ERP platform to turn growth potential into real results. The end to end business suite unifies all core functions bringing together powerful analytics and best business processes fine-tuned using SAP expertise.
- Solution Brief English
- Solution Brief German
- Solution Brief Spanish
- Solution Brief French
- Solution Brief Italian
- SAP Business ByDesign & GDPR Overview
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||80%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||10%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Albania (Partner localized), Algeria (Partner localized), Bahrain (Partner localized), Belarus (Partner localized), Bosnia (Partner localized), Bulgaria (Partner localized), Chile (Partner localized), Columbia (Partner localized), Costa Rica (Partner localized), Croatia (Partner localized), Czech Repubilc (Partner localized), Ecuador (Partner localized), El Salvador (Partner localized), Guatemala (Partner localized), Honduras (Partner localized), Kazakhstan (Partner localized), Kuwait (Partner localized), Lebanon (Partner localized), Montenegro (Partner localized), Morocco (Partner localized), Egypt (Partner localized), Oman (Partner localized), Panama (Partner localized), Peru (Partner localized), Poland (Partner localized), Qatar (Partner localized), Romania (Partner localized), Serbia (Partner localized), Slovenia (Partner localized), Sweden (Partner localized), Ukraine (Partner localized), Thailand (Partner localized)|
|Supported Languages||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Hebrew|
- Managing projects and people
- Prepare invoices
- Tracking/following flows
- Time off request could be better. Right now, there is no option for sick time
- It crashes often
- Customization could be better
- I like the ease of use and the implementation methodology.
- With SAP Business ByDesign you can integrate other systems with Web Services, and data technology to get information easy and fast.
- SAP Business ByDesign includes an Analytics Module to create new reports in regards to your needs.
- Regarding the functionality, SAP Business ByDesign can improve some logistics functions and additionally should improve the data entries to update exchange rates.
- About the licensing, there are many types of licenses and it is very confusing to distinguish them.
- The mobile apps are confusing and they do not have the same functions as the web version.
- Reporting- Users can slice and dice data very easily to generate the desired information views
- Integrating Data- Financial data and sales data reside in a single platform
- Help- Embedded help features, tons of online forums, chat help, etc
- At times the system can be a bit tedious, what I mean by that is multiple clicks to complete a simple task.
- Complexity can be an issue, but the system does allow for configuration to match complexity with user role
- Internet Access- Cloud only system if our local internet is out, access can be challenging. We used mobile hotspots when needed and this worked fine.
- Reporting is fantastic and is based on SAP's Business Objects design allowing a drag and drop UI for creating the fields you're interested in with the right views and filters
- The Project Management controls are perfectly integrated into the solution allowing tight controls and easy set-up of projects. Everything flows smoothly from creating tasks in a gantt style control to being able to be entered into a timesheet. A PM can see project health from a cockpit view and make necessary decisions.
- I am waiting for ByD to fully move away from the Silverlight dependance to being full on HTML5. Apparently this will happen over the next year.
- There are many areas requiring multiple clicks to navigate that can be simplified. For example drilling down on expense claims; if you would like to navigate from a description to viewing a image of a receipt there could be around 8 clicks of navigation to move between the two (this is the worst case example btw)
- Provides a complete source for financial data
- Allows web-based access from anywhere with service
- When we first began using it, there was no function for housing budget data for comparison with actual performance. An Excel-based tool had to be created to address this glaring shortcoming.
- It can be slow at times
- The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. You can easily drill down to the accounting info that you need for each transaction.
- All items in a transaction are linked well (supplier invoice, delivery confirmation, payment, associated journal entries, etc.)
- Until the recent announcement of changing the platform, SAP was good at issuing regular updates to ByDesign.
- ByDesign is not well equipped for large companies that need to be SOX-Compliant. For example, there is not a way to prevent the same person from creating and posting their own journal entries without approval. Documentation work-arounds are needed.
- In many instances error descriptions are not adequate to resolve a problem. Errors are caught in the Closing Cockpit, but the error descriptions are usually not specific enough to resolve the problem.
- Since the program is cloud based and the company is in Germany, it can be very slow to respond to requests; particularly when running large reports.
- It is very easy to customize settings, and process flows, but not functionality.
- It is easy to see what is open and what is completed.
- It easy to get data out of the system.
- It is difficult to get reports that tie sales order (materials) with projects (labor and T&E). This has to be done in Excel.
- Approvals involve multiple steps.
- Hard to enter expense reports and review expense reports.
- Microsoft Silverlight is slow as opposed to Adobe Flash