Reviews (1-4 of 4)
SAP Cloud Platform Review: "India’s Leading Tire Manufacturer to Rule the Road using SAP HANA Cloud Platform"
SAP enterprise software has been at the core of JK Tyre’s since 2006 for its entire operation including operational, tactical and analytical levels. In December 2016, JK Tyre implemented SAP HANA, SAP’s in-memory database, replacing its previous Oracle database. The journey continued by adopting SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Now SAP Cloud Platform) in 2017-18 to accelerate digital transformation across business by enabling the organization to build the application for Distributors/Dealers in a real-time environment. With strong On-Premises HANA & SAP HCP, along with the productivity apps for all Distributors/Dealers, an Enterprise Portal was created that makes the platform a virtual office for them providing a real-time environment to corporate SAP database. Adoption of the entire suite of SAP technologies like SAP HANA (SOH), SAP CLOUD PLATFORM, SAP VISTEX, SAP DCS provides a comprehensive and unified platform to all Internal and External Stakeholders.
After the adoption of SAP CLOUD PLATFORM and Online Dealer Portal built upon the distribution channel now have a real-time connectivity to Core SAP Enterprise system that allows them do their daily transactions like Ordering, GRNs, View real-time available stocks, Account statements, Outstanding & complete MIS, Make online payments, Track their scheme effectiveness besides enabling them to perform secondary sales through same platform.
- The ability to integrate through different APIs regardless of application giving the customer the full capability to have a bi-directional flow of data.
- Allows different departments the ability to seamlessly add/review/approve data/tasks.
- Provides a full e2e capabilities from Q2C.
- Cost. Making it more available to all markets including SMB.
- Having a better selling point for SAP S/4 HANA since speed is not always as easy to distinguish.
- Adding more tiles within SAP Fiori within each SAP module.
SAP Cloud Platform is not for everyone. Those smaller companies that may not have the budget or may not have the complexity of applications may not benefit as much as larger companies with a much larger footprint.
- Full-scale solution: from development to deployment, from software to device, SAP Cloud offers a comprehensive suite of applicable services
- Powerful & scalable
- Up-front about pricing
- Pricing is certainly "enterprise" and therefore not be a fit for everyone
- More use cases, examples, and tutorials would help given the limitless combinations of services and use cases
Though the platform offers an enticing suite of services, I would not recommend using the platform for only one of these services/APIs as there are likely simpler and cheaper alternatives. The true benefit of SAP Cloud Platform is combining several services.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform is easy and affordable to deploy with the full support from SAP you would expect
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform has the power and scalability to handle the most complex algorithms
- Continue working on the ability to work with iPhone and iPad
SAP Cloud Platform Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAP Cloud Platform
SAP Cloud Platform Screenshots
SAP Cloud Platform Videos (2)
SAP Cloud Platform Downloadables
SAP Cloud Platform Competitors
|Starter Edition||$507||per month|
|Professional Edition||$25||per user per month|
|AppServices Standard Edition||$1,257||per month|
SAP Cloud Platform Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|