SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management embeds data quality functionality into SAP applications.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/EN/eG/ZIVOIWOMPZ7H.PNGMy thoughts on SAP Business Objects Data Quality ManagementWe have been using the SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management for a while for almost the whole organization. The tool helps the organization to maintain the data reliability and extract the information needed for the huge database. The tool has some automated data testing options to screen the data before it enters the database and helps the organization to rely on the data.,Auto cleaning of data A smart replacement for the ETL tools Allows data broadcasting and smart scheduling of data extracts,Does not support three-dimensional databases Does not allow multi-hosting of server Does not allow multi data hosting and data mirroring for data safety,9,The tool helped us to extract the right information from the massive data warehouse The aggregations calculated for the financial data will be correct if you are on patch 5.4 and above The tool does not support pivot table options in reporting. If you want to add, one of the dimensions will be considered as flat table and the remaining will be used for calculations of measures hence will impact the performance of the reports,,SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, SAP Crystal, Tableau DesktopClean dataIt is mostly being used in the sales department to keep track of customer data. We are able to create records of customers as well as our partners. Our purchasing department is going to use this soon for vendor records as well.,Sorts record easily within groups such as company name. Easily functions in more than one department, making it cost effective. Offers many categories to be able to sort through.,The only issue I see is that anyone can put in data incorrectly. The real-time updating can be a good and bad thing. I can’t think of anything else I don’t like.,9,Increased ROI through consistent and correct information which is easily available. Saves time being able to sort and filter data easily into a report. Can create reports for teams where they are ready to go with the correct information.,SAP Analytics Cloud,SAP Business WarehouseSAP Business Objects Data Quality ManagementWe provide the support to the customers who use SAP BO and DQM, in a different implementation, management, and for production support. There were a few challenges with our customer data cleansing, autocorrections, reporting, in incorporation with other SAP products alike ECC, CRM, BW, for such an environment we use SAP BO and DS.,Scenario 1 - Postal Code address search. With help of the geolocation directory provided by SAP you can search for the addresses or related addresses based on the postal code and vice versa. Scenario 2 - DQM works best with the SAP products like CRM, ECC and MDG. This product works best in the context areas of de-duplication check as well helps in removing the duplicate BPs from the respective systems mentioned above. Scenario 3 -Apart from this you apply effective data cleansing and implement data cleansing solutions based on business rules from the SAP Information steward. Also, you can create your own custom services and deploy them on the web server.,The postal code address search is based on fuzzy search, instead, it should also provide functionality for the exact postal address code search The DQM on-premise solution needs to be more flexible to provide its integration with the Third party systems. We look forward to getting the entire on-premise dqm functionality in the cloud.,9,Positive Impact - Data quality has been extensively improved w.r.t Business Partner data and the related addresses to it. Highly reliable Negative -So far not yet impacted in terms of ROI by use of SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management for the business,SAP CRM, SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Enterprise Portal, SAP ERP, SAP BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation), SAP S/4HANA, SAP HybrisMostly a very useful tool with minor things left desiredSAP is widely used in my organization. I'm unsure of the extent of its international usage, but it's what everyone uses in our US-based assets. It's filling our need for financial accounting and time keeping. In a way, I guess it is also helping with some project organization. A very useful tool.,I am not in finance, but I can fairly easily pull out our current spend on the projects that I manage. It's a fairly simple timekeeping tool that allows me to manage it and get my supervisors approval without any paper or bulky processes. We use the system for our project MOC process and it helps streamline the process and keep everything organized.,Sometimes it is hard to find which is the correct report to run to find the desired details. We attach contractor invoices in SAP and it isn't very easy to get in to them. The user interface could overall use a little work to make the system more user friendly and ultimately more efficient to use.,9,I think that it is a great investment because I don't have to rely solely on our financial group to answer questions about project costs. I also think that it is a great investment because we are easily able to track time and the management reporting makes it simple. One area that I continually run into problems is when people ask about seeing invoices. It always takes some time poking around to find it and I usually have to go to an expert. It would be nice if that was easier to find.,None,TIBCO Spotfire
SAP Data Quality Management

SAP Data Quality Management Reviews

SAP Data Quality Management
Filter 37 vetted SAP Data Quality Management reviews and ratings
Sumeet Saraf profile photo
December 22, 2017

SAP Data Quality Management Review: "My thoughts on SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management"

• Auto cleaning of data
  • A smart replacement for the ETL tools
  • Allows data broadcasting and smart scheduling of data extracts
  • Does not support three-dimensional databases
  • Does not allow multi-hosting of server
  • Does not allow multi data hosting and data mirroring for data safety
The tool is well suited for the small scale, mid-level organizations and large industries but maybe not best fit for organizations with millions and trillions of data. The tool allows almost all the basic needs of any organization needed for any company for all their reporting needs but the moment any company has some huge DB, it may slow down.
Read Sumeet Saraf's full review
Brandi Brown-Lang profile photo
April 10, 2018

SAP Data Quality Management Review: "Clean data"

• Sorts record easily within groups such as company name.
  • Easily functions in more than one department, making it cost effective.
  • Offers many categories to be able to sort through.
  • The only issue I see is that anyone can put in data incorrectly.
  • The real-time updating can be a good and bad thing.
  • I can’t think of anything else I don’t like.
It is extremely helpful in keeping leads in the system by the company so that multiple people are not calling the same company. It is also helpful keeping existing customers updated in the system with proper points of contact.
Read Brandi Brown-Lang's full review
Pradeep Bele profile photo
March 29, 2018

SAP Data Quality Management Review: "SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management"

• Scenario 1 - Postal Code address search. With help of the geolocation directory provided by SAP you can search for the addresses or related addresses based on the postal code and vice versa.
  • Scenario 2 - DQM works best with the SAP products like CRM, ECC and MDG. This product works best in the context areas of de-duplication check as well helps in removing the duplicate BPs from the respective systems mentioned above.
  • Scenario 3 -Apart from this you apply effective data cleansing and implement data cleansing solutions based on business rules from the SAP Information steward.
  • Also, you can create your own custom services and deploy them on the web server.
  • The postal code address search is based on fuzzy search, instead, it should also provide functionality for the exact postal address code search
  • The DQM on-premise solution needs to be more flexible to provide its integration with the Third party systems.
  • We look forward to getting the entire on-premise dqm functionality in the cloud.
SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management is Well suited -
1. De-duplication check in the SAP systems CRM, ECC and MDG
2. Postal code address search

SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management is not Well suited -
1. One should not try to expect the same functionality while creating a custom data quality solution and then integrating it with the third party system.
Read Pradeep Bele's full review
Kirk Ashdown profile photo
October 26, 2017

SAP Data Quality Management Review: "Mostly a very useful tool with minor things left desired"

• I am not in finance, but I can fairly easily pull out our current spend on the projects that I manage.
  • It's a fairly simple timekeeping tool that allows me to manage it and get my supervisors approval without any paper or bulky processes.
  • We use the system for our project MOC process and it helps streamline the process and keep everything organized.
  • Sometimes it is hard to find which is the correct report to run to find the desired details.
  • We attach contractor invoices in SAP and it isn't very easy to get in to them.
  • The user interface could overall use a little work to make the system more user friendly and ultimately more efficient to use.
I think it is well suited for the combination of the financial and project organization. It makes it to where there is one place for me to go to look at a project and know the total or broken down costs, see the actual invoices from contractors and any MOCs associated with it.
Read Kirk Ashdown's full review

SAP Data Quality Management Scorecard Summary

Data source connectivity (4)
9.5
Data profiling (3)
Master data management (MDM) integration (2)
Data element standardization (3)
Match and merge (3)