Reviews (1-1 of 1)
September 11, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
We are currenty reviewing SAP HANA Cloud as a solution to advise our customers in their journey to migrate their environments to the cloud. To be able to do this we're conducting a deep dive into the SAP HANA Cloud offering, so that we know what the benefits are in comparison to other HANA cloud and on-premise offerings.
- It's the way to go for the foreseeable future if SAP HANA is your platform of choice
- We like the features currently available, but are anxiously awaiting for more on-prem features to make it over to the offering
- Multi-Cloud deployment options is a huge benefit
- Remote source connections through SDA to other databases like SQL Server and Oracle are no longer possible. The only way to go would be through SDI, which isn't as optimized and might require additional license costs.
- If you currently use features like dynamic tiering or R server integration, you need to really look if this is the offering for you at this point in time.
- The flexibility of downsizing, which is a big advantage of working in the cloud, is at this moment not available (yet).
Read Dick Groenhof's full review
One of the advantages of SAP HANA Cloud is that it can easily be used to extend your current on-premise HANA system. We haven't tested it yet in a large scale project for instance as the database for an S/4 HANA implementation. This requires further investigation at this time.
SAP HANA Cloud Scorecard Summary
About SAP HANA Cloud
The vendor states users can improve data practices, make better decisions, and find new efficiencies with SAP HANA Cloud, a fully managed in-memory cloud database-as-a-service (DbaaS). Build data solutions with modern architectures and gain business-ready insights in real time. As the data foundation for SAP’s Business Technology Platform, the SAP HANA Cloud database offers the power of SAP HANA in the cloud.
SAP HANA Cloud Competitors
SAP HANA Cloud Technical Details