We use SAP PowerDesigner as our E-R Modeling tool for our application suite. We have twenty-four databases with approximately 3000 tables …
SAP Sybase PowerDesigner is the ultimate tool for creating conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling for many database vendors. It …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SAP PowerDesigner, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
18 people want pricing too
SAP PowerDesigner promises to help you plan and manage complex business transformation initiatives. The software’s data modeling tools let you build a blueprint of your current enterprise architecture and visualize the impact of change before it happens. Automatically capture architecture layers and requirements, tap into a powerful metadata repository, and share discoveries with your team.
- Supported: Align business and IT
- Supported: Improve team productivity
- Supported: Document your existing systems
SAP PowerDesigner (formerly from Sybase) is an enterprise architecture modeling tool.
The most common users of SAP PowerDesigner are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Financial Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Data modeling
- Maintaining a consistent data dictionary through the use of the repository.
- Custom templates for generating objects off of tables.
- It took some time to figure out how to leverage the power of the repository. Some better examples in the documentation would have been helpful.
- Impact Analysis
- The domain structure helps you to handle different data types to unify.
- Moving between from conceptual model to logical model and from logical model to physical model is so easy.
- It also excels at implementation of database vendor-specific physical options.
- The repository structure helps you to use in multi developer and architect based organizations by the check in and check out mechanism.
- It also has a fully configurable naming convention implementation.
- Coloring is simple with format copying and pasting option.
- Licensing cost is based on user count
- Free licensed competitors exist, and they perform similar functions
- New database structures could be implemented more easily