- Before implementing SAP Replication Server we were facing the challenges to replicate the real-time data from and to our department from Non-EU regions.
- Since SAP Replication Server is in-place, our client and their shareholders are starting to get real time data from different sources of DBs with very great performance of different transactions, which results in speeding up the process and service with other products.
- So far we have not dealt with any challenges since we started to utilise its functionality or high speed data replication, with integrated transnational data from different data sources to exchange the replication of data.
- Our only small concern is it takes extra effort to maintain the hardware and you need special DBAs skills to properly utilise its functionality with its capacity .
We have used SAP SLT replication in our Customer Corporate reporting. This tool has made it possible to get data in Real Time earlier than it was scheduled, as well as to batch process to get data for reporting.
Due to this tool it is possible to get real time data for business decisions. It is huge time saving for Period end and Q close closing. No more waiting to see data for reporting.
Real time reporting is a business requirement for a long time. Our Business Community is very happy with this tool outcome.
- Training was excellent on the product.
- Great customer service when questions arose.
- Functionality was awesome.
- Bringing the main OLTP down for maintenance then allowed down time we could previously never afford to make SLA committments
- A few bugs existed in the specific implementation we created requirements for, and we had to wait for Sybase to fix those bugs before it went live to production
- Two way replication had issues where if the same table was being updated by both source and destination, a decision had to made on the "truth". We had to write some special software for specific business requirements.
- Sometimes RepServer would go down, and we didn't know about it until the next time a healthcheck was performed. We had to write some monitoring software to notify us if things went down.
SAP Replication Server Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAP Replication Server
Here is SAP's value proposition with SAP Replication Server:
Information and data-driven insight is what powers business today. But to get the most from your enterprise data, you need a way to bring transactional, streaming, social media, and other data together – regardless of its format and whether it’s structured or unstructured – and be able to analyze it. The challenge is moving, replicating, and centralizing a wide variety of data efficiently, cost-effectively, and quickly enough to meet business demands for active insight. SAP® Replication Server® can help.
SAP Replication Server Competitors
SAP Replication Server Technical Details