Reviews (1-25 of 33)
The powers of S/4 HANA extend beyond that too, as I found it very impactful in providing template roles and functionalities for the supply chain specifically. Although Fiori and the groups/catalogs remain new information to me, our team was able to leverage this base functionality and extend it for our biotech client, who now uses the supply chain and warehouse management sections in a productive environment. Also, we found that the migration from EHP8 was made quite painless by the SAP team, as all we needed to fix up at the client was the Business Partners (there is a fair amount of manual work there), as well as some of the finance tables. Otherwise, the migration went smoothly and the client has been happy with their environment since. If you're not on S/4HANA yet, look at getting it started, as official support ends in 2025 I believe!
- The upgrade path from SAP ERP EHP8 is well documented and easy to follow.
- Fiori provides a much smoother experience than jumping in/out of transactions.
- The templated applications which are pre-built, offer very useful functionalities.
- There is a "Best Practice" package with documents, processes, transactions and the like that you can download using Solution Manager 7.2 into your landscape. Then you can re-engineer this later to add value to your clients' lives.
- It's not necessarily clear to me how HANA itself makes transaction speeds faster, as I have used S4 ontop of ASE and it seems about the same.
- The business partner reconfiguration for the upgrade path S/4HANA is a little bit unwieldy.
- Development using the Eclipse tools is more difficult to set up and learn versus the traditional SE80 design.
Avtomotive d.o.o., Strip's d.o.o., Lumenia d.o.o. and Post of Slovenia d.o.. So SAP S/4HANA addresses many different type of businesses, from automotive to productions and logistics.
- SAP HANA uses analyses to predict the buyers’ behaviour and the success of products in real time.
- SAP HANA links up with your existing systems and does the finances, sales, purchases, logistics, product development and manufacturing for you in order to tackle your specific challenges in the industry.
- A unique approach to commerce enables you to work with just one accurate source of information and plan and make decisions in real time.
- Printing from S/4 HANA could be designed in more user friendly way. Sometimes it's hard for beginners to start using SAP as is.
- S/4 HANA new GUI could have some more colors and different icons. So design has very big room for improvement.
- More S/4 HANA web courses.
Less appropriate: Upgrade from SAP ERP to SAP S/4 HANA in companies which have many integrations with other non-SAP systems by IDOCs or XML-s could be a real pain and hardship.
- The platform is based on the HANA Database which is ideal to use OLAP and OLTP on one common platform.
- S/4HANA Central Finance is a great module for big organizations planning to move their legacy systems into S/4HANA in a phased manner.
- Some modules, such as QM and PM are perhaps not as matured as ECC.
- There is room for improvement for more Fiori Apps to move away from the SAP GUI.
- Much better organized database (comparing to Oracle or DB2, etc.) and simplification of storing and processing of data. Fewer tables that are easier to customize in some aspects. Faster, native integration via SLT. Embedded solutions (EWM). Group reporting.
- Code adaption (especially with "heavy" transactions)
- Not just to announce new simplifications and/or features but also test them good before release.
EDI storage locations/warehouses needs more flexibility when we need to manually cancel deliveries.
- The entire solution we are using is Fiori app-based, displaying tiles/apps that are assigned to each user.
- Even though we only have 6 months worth of live data now, most of the standard SAP transactions run quickly to report on that entire period of data.
- New functionality is released every 3 months.
- The quarterly upgrades are great for new functionality but they do put us in a position of dealing with freeze periods and testing on a quarterly basis.
- Some standard EDI transactions were not ready to implement with the long term SOAP technology so we had to use the old IDOC technology to get things in place of Go-Live.
- It is not easy to identify simple data or configuration issues because we do not have the ability to run debug or use the data dictionary directly anymore.
- SAP Fiori for Mobile Application.
- A data hub for getting data from other sources and analyzing.
- Optimizing the data and cleaning the data to produce quality.
- Automated Data Management, so that we are not using everything in memory.
- More reach in the marketplace for apps, applets, plug-ins, and interfaces.
- Migration tools are seamless, live, and asynchronous.
It's less appropriate for extreme custom codes (z) as a legacy of the organization. There are liabilities in terms of huge contract and dependencies, and regulations and compliance. In addition, it has third party tools and application dependencies.
- Integration of modules
- Good lifecycle management for own development and configurations
- Thorough functionality and full roadmap with new functions
- Leverage new machine learning capabilities
- Use embedded functions that you used to need separate systems before, like EWM or TM
- Performance of some transactions
- Provide easier and faster way for conversion to S/4HANA
- Better governance over partner solutions so that they also run on S/4HANA
Less suited or good at customer experience. Major functions still only accessible via SAP GUI.
- Provide real-time analytics and help GPD processing quickly.
- Helps our performance of the system providing better customer experience.
- Better user interface that helps the productivity of users.
- More analytics and more applications.
- Elasticity built into the application so that scalability can be automatic.
- Eliminating the downtime for software upgrades etc.
- Very easy to use and implement
- Lots of support that is provided by SAP support teams
- Lots of useful updates and support for older systems
- More online forum support.
- Small business integration and support.
- Availability of new functionality; e.g. BAM, workflow etc.
- Fiori apps give added value to users: new look and feel of SAP usage.
- Increase in performance.
- As it is a new product not all aspects work perfectly yet.
- Unexpected changes between functionality between two versions, 17xx and 1809.
- Ramp up Fiory Apps, some look almost the same with the OLD GUI ones.
However within the Logistic area the improvements seem less significant and some processes are even not supported anymore, like SD revenue recognition, while it is not entirely clear how to utilize any alternatives given like RR.
- Process Workflow - SAP S/4HANA enables accurate and detailed process capturing , as well as detailed material information throughout the manufacturing process
- Intelligence - It is easy to add intelligent analysis and machine learning capabilities thanks to SAP S/4HANA
- Integration - There are so many options for integrating third-party services and systems. SAP S/4HANA streamlines the process with the help of a skilled developer and architect.
- SAP S/$HANA has a good roadmap. I'd like to see easier to implement web capabilities. However this may be a feature best suited to the cloud platform
- Usability or ease of user - Our users share that the S/4 Hana system is easier to use and understand.
- Speed - With the in-memory database our updates and reports are measurably faster. This is not sub-second response but more than 50% faster than our previous database for similar activities.
- Upgrades and enhancements are being delivered at a higher frequency than previous versions of SAP.
- The in-memory database has enabled analytics to be embedded into the core application. Before we relied on long-running processes overnight. With S/4HANA , SAP has delivered many out of the box dashboards and provided analytics that previously all customers had to create manually and support. Since these are provided in core SAP, they are automatically maintained, supported and updated by SAP.
- Some Fiori apps are incomplete - SAP created a great app but failed to provide a change or delete the app for the process. This forced us to use classic SAP transactions through the app finder to perform those functions.
- Many customers are using IAAS and thus are on-prem installs in a cloud data center. SAP has a mix of cloud and on-prem offerings. If a customer is a Hybrid customer there are complexities with integration between software that was planned for cloud-only.
- Globally information protection and identity protection are serious cyber-security concerns. SAP has provided some solutions with UI Masking and UP logging to partially address these items. SAP should deliver security by design and not depend on every customer to build controls that SAP should have provided to be compliant.
- The security architecture between on-prem and cloud apps are vastly different. Architects need to understand application and database security concepts. How security is provided to the different cloud apps are different. Although many of these products were acquired, they need to be aligned with the SAP cloud strategy.
- Speed of searching individual items in the system is extremely fast.
- It's possible to report across all management reporting dimension over a legal reporting structure in one report as opposed to several.
- User experience using Fiori UI is brilliant compared to the old GUI. Given that a native Fiori app is available. This is not the case always.
- More native Fiori apps are needed as not all processes in Finance are covered yet.
- The process of setting up new Fiori apps and authorizations for them should be made easier.
- Despite having the universal journal, when creating enhancement several tables are needed for querying finance data. We're not quite having the "one source of truth" experience yet.
SAP S/4HANA Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAP S/4HANA
SAP S/4HANA stands for SAP
Suite 4 HANA. According to the vendor, it is a next-generation integrated enterprise resource planning
(ERP) software that is designed for businesses of all sizes, in all industries,
that require deep and broad functionality combined with a high degree of
flexibility. SAP S/4HANA was launched in 2015 and been adopted by more than
3,200 customers over a period of sixteen months. The vendor says SAP S/4HANA is materially
different from anything SAP has done before and represents the company’s
biggest innovation since SAP R/3.
SAP S/4HANA is intended to provide a digital core for an organization. It is fully architected for the most advanced in-memory platform, SAP HANA, and is designed on the most modern design principles with the SAP Fiori user experience to create a personalized and simple feel on users’ device of choice (tablet, laptop, mobile). SAP S/4HANA aims to simplify an organizations’ system landscape and reduce total cost of ownership by shrinking the data footprint while at the same time improving productivity levels in the form of higher throughput.
S/4HANA can be deployed either on premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid combination for quick time-to-value.
SAP S/4HANA Screenshots
SAP S/4HANA Video
SAP S/4HANA Downloadables
SAP S/4HANA Competitors
SAP S/4HANA Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SAP S/4HANA Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||Most languages|