Reviews (1-2 of 2)
October 02, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
SAS DI is used as an ETL and integration tool to extract data from multiple sources and load it into SAS SPDS database.
- Features to embed user defines SAS code to extract and transform data as per business requirements
- Good security standards to manage users access and maintain different repositories
- Enhanced Job Scheduling
- Versioning control
- Integration with semi structured and unstructured sources to extract data
- Performance enhancement to process large volume of data
- Reduce licensing cost
Read this authenticated review
Suited mostly for creating and scheduling SAS jobs for ETL/ELT requirements.
February 28, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
SAS Data Integration Studio is being used for one view of all our data across the organization. Pulling from our Oracle and SQL Servers the data is described in a fashion that users can know what they are looking at with only a little bit of effort. It also pulls from our major vendors' platforms, pulling both the data or metadata from their systems.
- With SAS Data Integration Studio it doesn't matter to users where the data is originally from it all is presented in a consistent manner.
- The SAS Data Integration Studio is fairly reliable it usually works well.
- The visual design of reports our users even describe as fun.
- Sometimes parts of the data are not available, although this is generally because it is connected to so many different systems.
- Price, it's not the cheapest software, however the value for dollars spent does seem to be good.
- Sometimes all the different systems and platforms and folders and so forth get a bit overwhelming for new users.
Read Donald Wildeboer's full review
When data is in a system that needs a complex transformation to be usable for an average user. Such tasks as data residing in systems that have very different connection speeds. It can be integrated and used together after passing through the SAS Data Integration Studio removing timing issues from the users' worries. A part that is perhaps less appropriate is getting users who are not familiar with the source data to set up the load processes.
SAS Data Integration Studio Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAS Data Integration Studio
SAS Data Integration Studio is as the name would suggest a data integration solution, from SAS.
Categories: Data Integration
SAS Data Integration Studio Technical Details