Reviews (1-10 of 10)
- Creating portfolio dashboards for different lines of business for easy decision making
- Self-service analytics
- High performance and scalability
- Supports a high volume of users simultaneously with ease
- ETL capability and data preparation feature
- Need to improve visualizations templates.
- Need to improve transformations.
- Connectivity with other sources needs to be expanded.
- Very fast, even with tens of millions of records
- Nice visually
- Simple to use with mostly drag and drop
- Sorting with values not used in a chart or table
- Views built from a table instead of always creating a table
- Stock market analysis.
- Resource utilization and optimization.
- Pivot table analysis.
- Customizing a report as per the user requirement.
- Adding more color and font styles. Presenting data in a more colorful way.
- The website has a lot of tutorials which is more inclined to the technical side. Maybe add more to the presentation side as well.
- Our staff are familiar with it as it is a common tool. Our training and implementation was short.
- Installation was easy. Our staff was able to deploy to the receiving department relatively quickly. Though the download was a pretty good size.
- Seems to crunch through large volumes of data (millions of records) pretty quickly as I've received no complaints on this front from staff.
- Support. Have had billing and license/key issues. The first time my staff reached out to support, they recommended contacting our site admin for help (me). If we could help ourselves, why would we contact? Support seems lacking.
- Download. The install file is huge and can be an issue for remote employees, or areas where networking is poor.
- Present data across a range of axis in a meaningful way
- bring out correlations that could lead to some interesting research
- it's FAST!
- Securing individual records or fields from view
- additional view types
- The risk team uses risk analysis reports created by team members for mitigating future risks and challenges.
- Supply risk management uses SAS VA analytics dashboards on daily basis for their research and decision making. SAS VA has LASR analytics servers which are very fast and tuned for analytics queries.
- SAS VA is used by the finance and marketing team to create their own reports out of SA LASR tables as per their need. SAS VA does have both ETL and analytics capability which makes it a complete analytics package.
- More advanced dashboard features like multiple tabs creation.
- Should have option to export dashboard reports to multiple formats with original format intact.
- Latency time of reports and response should be increased.
We also use it internally for exploration, we have used decision trees and network diagrams in the past.
- Visualization of large amount of data is faster because of the SAS engine behind it.
- Features like decision trees, box plot, scatter plot, and histogram are very easy to use for exploring large data. It also has some unique features like Sankey Diagrams which can be used to show a flow of a process.
- Customization options for the design of reports, making it visually more appealing.
- Better HTML5 support.
- More tutorial videos or literature on the features that are present in SAs visual analytics
Providing BI dashboards that can be accessed across multiple devices.
Visualizing/exploring large amounts of data.
SAS Visual Analytics Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAS Visual Analytics
BI & Analytics Features
- Administration via Windows App
- Administration via Web Interface
- Live Connection to External Data
- Snapshot of External Data
- Multi-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
- ETL Capability
- ETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources
- MS Excel Workbooks
- Text Files (CSV, etc)
- MS SQL Server
- IBM DB2
- Cloudera Hadoop
- Hortonworks Hadoop
- EMC Greenplum
- IBM Netezza
- HP Vertica
- SAP Hana
- Google Analytics
Standard Reporting Features
- Customizable dashboards
- Report formatting templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
- Drill-down analysis
- Output formatting
- Predictive modeling
- Report sharing & collaboration
Report Output & Scheduling Features
- Publish to Web
- Publish to PDF
- Output raw supporting data
- Report delivery scheduling
Data Discovery & Visualization Features
- Multiple pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots, etc.)
- Location analytics/geographic visualization
- Predictive analytics
- Machine learning models
- Pattern recognition & data mining
- Integration with R/other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
- Multi-user support (named login)
- Role-based security model
- Multiple access permission levels (Create/Read/Delete)
- Report-level access control
- Table-level access control (BI-layer)
- Row-level access control (BI-layer)
- Responsive design for web access
- Dedicated iOS application
- Dedicated Android application
- Dashboard/Report/Visualization mobile interactivity
- SAS Visual Analytics also includes web-based self-service data preparation, text analytics, forecasting, pathing, prescriptive and descriptive analytics.
SAS Visual Analytics Screenshots
SAS Visual Analytics Integrations
SAS Visual Analytics Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Cloud||Annual By Users: 5, 10, 20|
SAS Visual Statistics and SAS Office Analytics are also available as add-ons.
SAS Visual Analytics Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||70%|
SAS Visual Analytics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
SAS Visual Analytics Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|