Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Scale Computing Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:
- Install in less than an hour
- Deploy new VMs in minutes
- Built-in Browser-based Management
- Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
- Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
- Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
- Integrated all-in-one appliance
- Scale-out Architecture
- Mix and match new nodes
- Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
- Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
- No additional licensing required
- Start small and grow as your business grows
- No forklift upgrades
- Supported: Simplicity
- Supported: Availability
- Supported: Scalability
- SC//Platform is a complete platform for running applications at the edge, with all of the software, hardware, and services needed. Regardless of your hardware requirements, the same innovative software, SC//HyperCore, and industry-first SC//Fleet Manager give you the power to run infrastructure efficiently at scale
- Scale Computing HyperCore saves you time and valuable resources because your software, servers, and storage are in a fully integrated platform. The same innovative software and simple user interface power your infrastructure regardless of your hardware configuration.
- Scale Computing Fleet Manager is the first cloud-hosted monitoring and management tool built for hyperconverged edge computing infrastructure at scale. It’s now easier than ever to securely monitor and manage your entire fleet of clusters running Scale Computing HyperCore. For IT Managers with multiple clusters, maintenance time will be reduced by 50% or more with the simplicity designed into this industry-leading platform.
- This document is intended to describe the technology, concepts and operating theory behind the Scale Computing HyperCore OS that powers it, including the SCRIBE (Scale Computing Reliable Independent Block Engine) storage layer.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||10%|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Unix|
Proxmox: Also builds on KVM, but needs much more manpower to keep it running.
VMware ESXi: I'm a long-time ESXi expert and had to deal with all the hassles of which driver and firmware fits which update. While ESXi can do more, it can't do the hassle-free "it just works" experience of Scale HC3 Hypervisor. Also the support went from ok-ish to catastrophic in the last two years (2020-2022). I sincerely hope I have never to waste months(!) of my lifetime with researching drivers, firmware, problems, fixes and everything else ESXi makes you do to keep the system up and running. And I never ever want to deal with their support again, that basically consists of one week first-level support (send logs. send more logs) and then maybe you get a technician that has a faint idea what you are talking about.
- Nutanix Acropolis and StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA)