https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/8Q/b9/W47TSZK0C41J.PNGHidden Gem For Education CTOsWe initially purchased Scale H3 to shrink our physical footprint on servers and allow for affordable expansion across the entire district. This has allowed us to to lower maintenance costs as well as increase our server count to more evenly disperse services resulting in faster operations. We have also been able to create a reliable and ultra fast disaster recovery plan will little to no data loss.,Customer Support - A level of service that all vendors should strive to reach. Their customer service is equally fast and reliable as the product. In the two years of having the HC3, we experienced one hard drive failure. The support team was assisting us within minutes, had the drive replaced in less than 24 hours, and had our node fully functional with no disruption in service nor any data loss. Migration - One of the quickest and easiest among all VM solutions. Older Windows operating systems had compatibility issues, but all servers running Windows Server 2003 and higher migrated within minutes with two simply clicks. Reliability - The HC3 manages to work seamlessly in real-time with no indication from the end user during maintenance, recovery, or making changes to the VMs. In two years, we have had only one hard drive issue and no software issues. Simplicity - The HC3 has the best of both worlds. It's simpler than the free Hyper-V and includes most tools one needs within VMware, yet the installation, operation, and recovery is leaps and bounds easier to manipulate.,The only negative is the maintenance support costs. What a dilemma Scale has as they produced a robust and reliable product yet the support costs for a 3 node system is almost $6000. After paying this for 2 years and only having one hard drive failure, I have spent $12,000 on one support ticket and three software updates. It defeats the maintenance cost savings.,10,10,Scale allowed us to load balance our services. Rather than have one application server supplying antivirus protection, print services, and windows updates I now have three separate VMs that run more efficient resulting in faster service.,If I were to remove the annual support, Scale is a tremendous cost savings to our infrastructure. However, that annual support removes any savings.,,23,,Disaster recovery is noninvasive, simple, and accurate. It is a large part of our disaster recovery plan in the event of an incident. Smaller physical footprint allows for possible maintenance cost savings. The simplicity, reliability, and speed allow for us to startup and test new services in a fraction of the time. It's a perfect tool for advanced technical courses with students which allow for them to experience multiple operating systems with no additional costs.,Endless ideas of services. Robust testing of disaster scenarios. Integration into advanced technical courses.,Redundancy.,5,Sophos Endpoint Protection,No,Product Usability Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,I would not change anything. The best finds are based on word of mouth and product/company reputation.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,We had an older Windows Server that had extensive compatibility issues.,10,Online training,1,10,10,Because I was new to virtual environments and this was my first product, I relied on the help of Scale to help me build those skills.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,None,No,I have only dealt with Scale support once. One of the hard drives failed. I was pleasantly surprised that support answered my call quickly, troubleshooting commenced instantly, and a replacement drive was sent within 24 hours. After installing, I sent an email to the technician notifying which was responded to lightning fast. He remoted into the system and tested to ensure everything was back to functioning order. He surprisingly followed up a week later to ensure everything was still in working order.,Uploading media and mounting within VMs. Backup and recovery. Creation of VMs are simple and lightning fast.,Only when migrating older version of Windows Server. Compatibility issues tend to take time.,10,10,10,10,10,10,No negotiated was needed since they started with a great discount and included support and training.,None.,Yes,Role-based access controls.,None,No,NoHC3 will change your server world!It is being used across the whole company and also being used by a sister company. Each company has their own HC3 system in place, and each company uses the other for Disaster Recovery.,Backups. I love how I can create multiple scheduled backups for one machine so I can have hourly, daily, and weekly backups of our SQL and then can set lower backup schedule for something as simple and the Domain Controller to once a week. Updates. Because we have multiple nodes, we can do the updates and the machines will auto load a balance so nothing has to be down while updating. Speed. These units are fast, like bringing up a fresh install of Windows Server 2016 in 20 minutes. Including the install! I find myself duplicating machines all the time just to run small tests because creating a duplicate only takes like 1 minute.,I did notice when we were switching from our old servers to the HC3 that the importing process was not all that easy unless you were already running on a newer hypervisor.,10,10,We use SQL as the backbone for many core applications whenever the server hard drive fills it only takes minutes to spin up a duplication of the SQL machine with expanded storage.,The response time of our internal servers has doubled, and our Public web server has increased by 45%. Our time for managing backups has gone from 2 hours a week to 0. After the schedules are set there's no need to do anything else besides changing the schedule if your needs change.,Citrix Hypervisor (formerly XenServer),Yes,When I was having issues migrating from XenServer, they stayed on the phone with me for hours helping me figure out what was causing the errors on the import.Scale Computing - MagnificentWe use Scale Computing in our North America location. It addresses the problems and limitations of using VMware. Scale Computing allows for a better set up of virtual server environments.,It has the best platform for virtual server management. Upgrading memory and disk space was a breeze. Customer support is fantastic.,The setup is still a bit new to some people, so offsite data centers are a bit unfamiliar with it.,10,10,One of the many applications we run on Scale is our companies' ERP system. It requires a lot of memory and disk space to run, but it handles it with no problems.,The most important impact was that it didn't require as much money to get it started. We started small with two server nodes and expanded from there.,,4,2,We use scale for all sever needs. Setting up new virtual environments. Segregation of large software items.,One great use is creating clone environments of our large ERP system.,It will help in better managing what we copy to our offsite backups.,10,Aruba Networks Wireless LAN (WLAN), Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark), Miradore Online, Rise Vision, Ubiquiti Networks UniFi, Spiceworks,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation,If we had it to do all over again I firmly believe we would make the same decision. If we did not make the same decision then we would regret our decision. We love Scale Computing and the products we use from them.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,We did not have any issues. It was seamless.,10,No,No,We upgraded the memory in 3 Scale servers. We used Scale support to upgrade to firmware while we had them down to upgrade memory. Scale stayed on the line with us through the whole process and made it absolutely seamless in the process. We kept the same support rep through the whole process which made it even better.,Creating new VM's Cloning VM's Monitoring RAM and Disc usage.,Have not found one yet in comparison to other brands.,10Service, Value and Performance of Scale Computing UnmatchedWe replaced our aging VM environment with Scale for a fraction of the cost that was quoted by our current vendor. Implementation time was lower than what was expected to upgrade existing equipment with new hardware and software.,We bought two HC3 so we have DR covered with ease by Scale Snapshots and Replication. Tech support has been phenomenal. We have only called a few times but they have always been available and were able to immediately address our issues. While we were not making the switch for improved performance reasons, our users have noticed speed improvements across several applications. The time that Scale spent helping us with planning and implementation has been better than we have had with other vendors and far exceded our expectations.,If I could resize drive size without a VM shut down that would be great.,10,10,Our ERP software runs completely on Scale. We are serving close to 150 users with terminal services using servers on our Scale hyper-converged infrastructure.,From a cost-saving standpoint, it was probably 30% cheaper after licensing and hardware upgrades if we would have stayed with our current vendor. The performance gains with some of our applications have probably extended the lifetime of existing applications by at least 2 quarters.,VMware ESXi and Nutanix,No,We had an error that was consuming too much of our SSD storage that popped up at 4:45 pm on a Friday of a three day weekend. I called support and they helped me optimize how our replications were set up and the error cleared immediately. The tech kept in touch with me via email the entire weekend to ensure the problem was solved and the SSD storage was to a more reasonable level.
Windows, Linux, Unix
Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing HC3 Reviews

Scale Computing HC3

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 4 of 241 Scale Computing HC3 ratings and reviews.

Mark Simmons profile photo

Read Mark Simmons's full review
Todd Naveau profile photo

Read Todd Naveau's full review

Brandon Rasler profile photo

Read Brandon Rasler's full review

About Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing offers edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions for customers around the globe. Scale Computing HC3® software promises to eliminate traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. The vendor says that, using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. The vendor says ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO are key differentiators. The product works for distributed enterprises, global retailers, and SMBs alike.

According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:

• Install in less than an hour
  • Deploy new VMs in minutes
  • Built-in Browser-based Management
  • Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
  • Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
  • Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
  • Integrated all-in-one appliance
  • Scale-out Architecture
  • Mix and match new nodes
  • Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
  • Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
  • No additional licensing required
  • Start small and grow as your business grows
  • No forklift upgrades

Scale Computing HC3 Features

Has featureSimplicity
Has featureHigh Availability
Has featureScalability

Scale Computing HC3 Integrations

Leostream, Cloud Unity - Google

Scale Computing HC3 Competitors

VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi, Nutanix, Hyper-V, HPE SimpliVity (formerly OmniCube)

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
HC12008,500Per Node
HC1250D15,170Per Node
HC12509,665Per Node
HC1250DF16,750Per Node
HC5250D25,700Per Node

Pricing shown in U.S. Dollar. Pricing for other regions available on request.

Scale Computing HC3 Customer Size Distribution