Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Scale Computing Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:
- Install in less than an hour
- Deploy new VMs in minutes
- Built-in Browser-based Management
- Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
- Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
- Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
- Integrated all-in-one appliance
- Scale-out Architecture
- Mix and match new nodes
- Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
- Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
- No additional licensing required
- Start small and grow as your business grows
- No forklift upgrades
- Supported: Simplicity
- Supported: Availability
- Supported: Scalability
- SC//Platform is a complete platform for running applications at the edge, with all of the software, hardware, and services needed. Regardless of your hardware requirements, the same innovative software, SC//HyperCore, and industry-first SC//Fleet Manager give you the power to run infrastructure efficiently at scale
- Scale Computing HyperCore saves you time and valuable resources because your software, servers, and storage are in a fully integrated platform. The same innovative software and simple user interface power your infrastructure regardless of your hardware configuration.
- Scale Computing Fleet Manager is the first cloud-hosted monitoring and management tool built for hyperconverged edge computing infrastructure at scale. It’s now easier than ever to securely monitor and manage your entire fleet of clusters running Scale Computing HyperCore. For IT Managers with multiple clusters, maintenance time will be reduced by 50% or more with the simplicity designed into this industry-leading platform.
- This document is intended to describe the technology, concepts and operating theory behind the Scale Computing HyperCore OS that powers it, including the SCRIBE (Scale Computing Reliable Independent Block Engine) storage layer.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||10%|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Unix|
- Improved OPEX
- Reduced hardware costs
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Reduced footprint in the datacenter
- Reduced hours to maintain systems
- Reduced power and cooling costs
- The biggest impact Scale has had is on my time. I really don't even think about the infrastructure anymore. It has really freed me up to handle other important matters.
- It's also very nice to know that when I need to upgrade or refresh in the future, I can just swap out servers and have minimal, or no downtime.
- Server uptime and overall health
- Immediate availability for growth or increase in server infrastructure without additional hardware costs
- Considering the short time I've had Scale, it's hard to speak to ROI but before purchasing we did compare costs of our previous solution in terms of licensing costs and future hardware costs and Scale was the less expensive option.
- From purely a power consumption perspective, the Scale solution is definitely a cost saving feature. I find myself with additional circuits that aren't needed any longer in my server room.
- Even in the short time I've had Scale in place, I can already tell that the uptime is better than with our previous solution.
- We've eliminated multiple power intensive servers by amalgamating the workloads on to HC3.
- The support agreement gives peace of mind against downtime.
- Our server drive stock is gathering dust as we no longer need to worry about replacing drives and having stock on hand ourselves.
- We have a full functional DR location with Scale at a very low cost.
- We have seen a complete ROI with our systems.
- We don't have to have a dedicated person to handle Scale.
- Increased production with less downtime.
- Easier to maintain.
- TCO is way down. We saved a lot not having to have separate SANs, VM Ware licensing, etc.
- Down time is minimal since we moved to the HC3 platform. Lower costs from lost production time.
- As a one person IT department I always try to streamline and automate whenever possible. The Scale HC3 has reduced time spent on maintaining multiple physical servers and the overall ease of use is great.
- At the time of purchase their system was at least 10-15,000 less than their competitors.
- Maintenance has gone way down.
- We know what scale is going to cost - This has allowed us to focus on other projects.
- Scale has provided much more value than the cost. We were able to replace 3 older Dell/HP servers and a SAN cluster with less Scale nodes. This saved us thousands of dollars.
- Scale is expensive, but not unreasonably so. We were easily able to lease their products to fit our budget.
- Scale does not use the painful licensing of other companies. It is nice paying for hardware and support and not needless proprietary licenses.
- The ROI has been fantastic - saved us thousands of dollars in licensing and hardware costs.
- Ease of use has saved massive amounts of time in setup and management.
- Less down time.
- Less time setting up "hardware."
- More flexibility for my users.
- No negative.
- All positive.
- Only thing better would be free.
- The best overall thing I can say about Scale is the increased DR support. If something fails with the scheduled snapshots we have a 10-minute recovery window so we never lose more than 10 minutes of data.
- The response time of our internal servers has doubled, and our Public web server has increased by 45%.
- Our time for managing backups has gone from 2 hours a week to 0. After the schedules are set there's no need to do anything else besides changing the schedule if your needs change.
- Very low cost on the initial purchase of the equipment.
- No cost support for the first 3 years of ownership.
- File storage allow us to utilize the the thin-provisioned storage.
- Reduced staff time spent on servicing server infrastructure.
- Reduced storage costs.
- Increased vendor support costs.
- ROI seems positive but we are still assessing
- Peace of mind from servers being in a virtual environment.
- Good ROI from being able to load multiple servers without having to purchase individual servers appliances.
- Reduced downtime.
- Our Scale investment will pay for itself in 2 years with the reductions we're seeing in server licensing, management software, backup software, and online backup services.
- We've had zero downtime attributable to Scale.
- Meeting tight timescales at an affordable price meant our business re-organisation was able to actually occur.
- Outsource support teams are confused by it - because of its simplicity - they keep trying to make something more complex than it is to keep earning unjustified fees
- Being able to carry out rolling upgrades with live users on the cluster went just fine
- Everything you wanted and more without being cluttered by things you might think you need. No bloat and that is one of its strong points. They keep it simple and functional.
- Simplicity of the VM environment to manage is key, as IT staff can dedicate themselves to all other work that is required.
- Importing of existing VM's was good, with minimal hassle or problems, the time saved with their utilities was tremendous.
- Time savings is probably the biggest difference so far. It saves a lot of time on setup and maintenance.