April 04, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Read Jeremy Robinson's full review
Pros and Cons
- Scale offers a great dashboard for viewing VM details.
- Installation of clusters is much simpler than other VM platforms.
- Console view of VMs is in web browser and clientless, which makes administration from any machine simpler.
- I would like to see the ability to mount snapshot points in time rather than having to clone a full machine in order to access older data. I believe this is being released in the latest version, but we had a difficult time restoring data without creating a Linux machine and mounting a disk.
- Import and export of VMs isn't as easy as other platforms. Third party tools had to be used to import VMs. Exporting VMs would require the same time and expense.
- I would like to see more access to back end disk data rather than relying on support. I know Scale is targeted to shops with smaller IT departments and the support is great, but I had to go through support in order to get a disk list on the cluster when I could have just done that myself.