Pros and Cons
- Setting up and provisioning a new VM is super simple.
- I come from a VMWare environment but the Scale UI is very easy to understand. I can imagine for someone new they would be able to learn the task of managing the cluster very easily.
- Snapshots and clones are processed super fast.
- I would like to be able to see actual disk availability instead of the raw number of TB.
- The ability to copy and paste from your local machine to a VM seems like missing functionality, it is very useful to have.
- I guess it's not a problem specifically with Scale, probably more with KVM and backup vendors but I really did enjoy having a backup system that worked across the whole hypervisor, it just simplified things a lot.
- I would like to see the breakdown of the VMs and the amount of RAM they are consuming changed a bit. If its a VM with less than 6 GB it doesn't show on the dashboard. Maybe if it was a pie chart it would be easier? Not sure but just something different would be nice so you could see all the VMs.