Reviews (1-3 of 3)
We use SchoolMessenger to notify parents and staff for general and emergency information. From weather closings to athletic updates to teacher conferences, all calls go out quickly with excellent reporting feedback. The reporting is excellent. You can find out how many people never answered, hung up, listened to part of the message, or listened to the entire message. It has solved many issues for us, including what phone numbers are now disconnected. The fact that it syncs with our SIS keeps our staff from having to do extra work. We do not have to leave our SIS system to send a notification. It has dramatically saved on postage and cutting down on mail going to the wrong address.
- The reports are very detailed and easy to use. I can quickly show each school what student is missing or has inaccurate phone numbers.
- The system itself is user-friendly. We don't have to leave our SIS system to send a message.
- Their customer service is top-notch and very knowledgeable about their product.
- There's nothing I dislike. This program is very straight forward to use.
- It just works well.
Read Terica Bergan's full review
SchoolMessenger works well for all of our needs. From notifying parents about school closings, potential threats to upcoming events. We used it to keep parents and the community informed of a bond proposal coming up for a vote to add much-needed facilities to our campus. Because of this system, we were able to keep everyone updated and make them feel involved in the process. We felt this system was a big help in getting the bond approved, and now we will have a new stadium and performing arts center.
January 24, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We transitioned our district and school websites over to SchoolMessenger. We were looking for something that offered a more modern look and feel, as well as responsive technology so it could be viewed on different devices. We also wanted something that had an app feature, included broadcasts, and didn't break us financially. This included everything we need in one package.
- The responsive technology is really good. Moving banners are smooth and viewing on a phone has a cleaner scrolling view.
- Modern, sleek design, with more visual options.
- The included broadcast feature helps us a lot with notifications.
- Limited functionality. A lot is set through templates. This makes it difficult to really hone in and customize to your liking. You can change colors, etc. But really getting creative with website/webpage design isn't as advanced as some other programs.
- The page editing (for example faculty member and department pages) is difficult to navigate. This would be a lot better if it was cleaned up and easier to navigate.
- Setting up the website is difficult and time-consuming as well as the app part.
Read this authenticated review
This is great for schools who want a bulk package of services at a competitive cost. Older website designs limit functionality and have a very square design. SchoolMessenger has more modern templates with newer capabilities which is better for visitors of the site. The functionality is great for parents who are accessing the site on the go, which happens more often than you know.
January 25, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
School messenger is being utilized in schools to send information to parents. This allows the parents to receive quick emails from the school regarding school events or other important events. It addresses the possible issue of students misplacing papers that go home and also eliminates the needs for paper copies going home.
- Email access.
- Notifications to parents regarding important information.
- Page editing tools could be streamlined better.
- Navigation could be more straightforward.
- A short process to get up and running.
Read this authenticated review
SchoolMessenger is great to send information to parents that can't be sent in a letter home. If a bus is running late, we can send a message out using SchoolMessenger to notify the parents instead of them worrying about their students on the bus. SchoolMessenger is a quick way for our families to be contacted as a whole.
SchoolMessenger Scorecard Summary
SchoolMessenger, a West Corporation solution managed by West Education, the company's education unit, is a school community software featuring secure email, social media monitoring, school website, and mobile app.
SchoolMessenger Technical Details