I recommend to buy this platform. Also some development skills will need if some features are not comming in the standard product, this will also imply …
In most of the cases works quite good. Nowadays, for new …
This has improved as SL1 offers deeper levels of monitoring and also easier management of the platform (Ease of management is important as changes are more likely to get done. If I make an improvement to a …
When moving to ScienceLogic we gained a deeper insight into our infrastructure, its functionality and health alongside providing us with a more in-depth dashboarding tool-set.
We are also hoping with the move to service orientated dashboarding this will provide us with better visibility of …
Previously we used ScienceLogic to be a trigger point on our automated self-healing pipeline, but we have recently started testing the out of the box features within SL1 to automate system recovery.
It plugs in well/integrates well with other tooling we use which is assisting us to remove the …
These are the benefits we noticed for automating our monitoring through ScienceLogic:
- Improved security and compliance. Automatically record and audit all employee actions within a workflow, safeguard vital data, restrict access and roles of users and alert project owners when any problems arise.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $7.50 per month per node
- Tech Details
The ScienceLogic SL1 platform aims to enable companies to digitally transform themselves by removing the difficulty of managing complex, distributed IT services. SL1 uses patented discovery techniques to find everything in a network, so users get visibility across all technologies and vendors running anywhere in data centers or clouds. The vendor states the advantage of SL1 is that it collects and analyzes millions of data points across an IT universe (made up of infrastructure, network, applications, and business services), to help users make sense of it all, share data, and automate IT processes.
With SL1, the user can:
- See everything across cloud and distributed architectures. Discover all IT components—–across physical, virtual, and cloud. Collect, merge, and store a variety of data in a clean, normalized data lake.
- Contextualize data through relationship mapping and machine learning (ML) for actionable insights. Use this context to understand the impact of infrastructure and applications on business service health and risk, accelerate root cause analysis, and execute recommended actions.
- Act on data that is shared across technologies and IT ecosystem in real time. Apply multi-directional integrations to automate workflows at cloud scale.
- Supported: Infrastructure Monitoring (Cloud, Container, Server, Storage, Agent-Based, Network, Application, Database, UC/Video, Synthetic)
- Supported: Closed-Loop Automations (Digital Experience Monitoring, CMDB & Inventory, Incident & Notifications, NetFlow, Configuration and Change Management, Troubleshooting & Remediation
- Supported: Topology-Driven Event Correlation
- Supported: Full-Stack Topology Mapping
- Supported: Business Service Monitoring
- Supported: Behavioral Correlation (Events, Changes, Anomalies, Topology)
- Supported: Analytics - ML-Based Anomaly Detection
- Supported: Incident Automation - Event Forwarding & Email
- Supported: Dynamic Baselining Analytics
- Supported: Manage Workflow Health & Endpoints
- Supported: Dashboards and Reporting
- Supported: Log Collection
- Supported: 400+ Pre-Built Monitoring Integrations
- Cisco HyperFlex
- New Relic
- Cloud -AWS
- Google Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Cloud Services – Amazon EKS
- Fargate; Azure AKS; etc.
- Containers – Docker
- Software-defined Networks/WAN – Cisco
- Network - Cisco
- Storage - Dell EMC
- Pure Storage
- Hypervisors – VMware
- Operating Systems - Unix
- Business Applications
- Databases - Microsoft
- Office 365
- MS SQL Server
- IBM DB2
- APM - AppDynamics
- Storage - Dell EMC
- Cloud -AWS
- Applications -Microsoft
- Compute -VMWare
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Converged -Nutanix
- Unified Communications and video - Cisco
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, UNIX|
|Supported Countries||Americas, EMEA, APAC|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||100%|
The scenario where I find less appropriate is customising the reports. This should be made easier, like drag and drop of tables to create a custom report.
The more efficiency monitoring of the Science Logic system itself, like performance and more diversified email notifications.
More convenient communication channels for customers, more real-time support, and let customer convenience to provide feedback.
Autoticketing is a major concern, which makes it less appropriate
It could also be great for companies who desire tools consolidation across various IT silos running overlapping alerting, ticketing and graphing tools.
If there is a desire to automate ticket enrichment and/or auto remediation of issues based on monitoring signals, ScienceLogic is an excellent platform.
Large enterprise companies with a focus on complex forecasting and capacity planning may struggle to get exactly what they want out of ScienceLogic.
power pack should be extended for support and the use should be simplified so we don't have to do lot of out of box customization.