It escalates callouts to our engineers via PagerDuty and then raises a …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ScienceLogic SL1, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $7.50 per month per node
The ScienceLogic SL1 platform aims to enable companies to digitally transform themselves by removing the difficulty of managing complex, distributed IT services. SL1 uses patented discovery techniques to find everything in a network, so users get visibility across all technologies and vendors running anywhere in data centers or clouds. The vendor states the advantage of SL1 is that it collects and analyzes millions of data points across an IT universe (made up of infrastructure, network, applications, and business services), to help users make sense of it all, share data, and automate IT processes.
With SL1, the user can:
- See everything across cloud and distributed architectures. Discover all IT components—–across physical, virtual, and cloud. Collect, merge, and store a variety of data in a clean, normalized data lake.
- Contextualize data through relationship mapping and machine learning (ML) for actionable insights. Use this context to understand the impact of infrastructure and applications on business service health and risk, accelerate root cause analysis, and execute recommended actions.
- Act on data that is shared across technologies and IT ecosystem in real time. Apply multi-directional integrations to automate workflows at cloud scale.
- Supported: Infrastructure Monitoring (Cloud, Container, Server, Storage, Agent-Based, Network, Application, Database, UC/Video, Synthetic)
- Supported: Closed-Loop Automations (Digital Experience Monitoring, CMDB & Inventory, Incident & Notifications, NetFlow, Configuration and Change Management, Troubleshooting & Remediation
- Supported: Topology-Driven Event Correlation
- Supported: Full-Stack Topology Mapping
- Supported: Business Service Monitoring
- Supported: Behavioral Correlation (Events, Changes, Anomalies, Topology)
- Supported: Analytics - ML-Based Anomaly Detection
- Supported: Incident Automation - Event Forwarding & Email
- Supported: Dynamic Baselining Analytics
- Supported: Manage Workflow Health & Endpoints
- Supported: Dashboards and Reporting
- Supported: Log Collection
- Supported: 400+ Pre-Built Monitoring Integrations
- Cisco HyperFlex
- New Relic
- Cloud -AWS
- Google Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Cloud Services – Amazon EKS
- Fargate; Azure AKS; etc.
- Containers – Docker
- Software-defined Networks/WAN – Cisco
- Network - Cisco
- Storage - Dell EMC
- Pure Storage
- Hypervisors – VMware
- Operating Systems - Unix
- Business Applications
- Databases - Microsoft
- Office 365
- MS SQL Server
- IBM DB2
- APM - AppDynamics
- Storage - Dell EMC
- Cloud -AWS
- Applications -Microsoft
- Compute -VMWare
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Converged -Nutanix
- Unified Communications and video - Cisco
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||100%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, UNIX|
|Supported Countries||Americas, EMEA, APAC|
ScienceLogic SL1 at 8.12 provides a wealth of monitoring data. This comes at a cost as you scale up.
Can you consume the wealth of monitoring data?
Can you consume the wealth of warnings and errors that being to get generated as you scale up?
There are challenges, most of which are due to our deployment design choices and scale.
We are working with ScienceLogic to introduce Priority as a first-class data element. We've added this as a Custom Attribute for all of our CIs. We use this to distinguish between the failure of a development host vs the failure of our production website.
The score represents the known opportunity for improvement that we see on our joint roadmaps.