Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Scoop.it Content Director, and make your voice heard!
Scoop.it Content Director
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $12 per month
Scoop.it Content Director is the SMB-focused solution for Lean Content Marketing. It allows Content Marketers to:
- Save time by finding quality content from across the web
- Scale content output without the need for more resources
- Delivers ROI; more quality content means more leads
- Supported: Smart Calendar
- Supported: Content Sourcing
- Supported: Scheduling
- Supported: Analytics
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||50%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||10%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Provides suggestions daily for each of your topics depending on keywords you choose. There is no guesswork about what to share.
- Allows sharing of your content to various social media outlets with the touch of a button. Your content gets spread quickly.
- Your own beautiful front page functions as your website. It shows the curator profile, and all your topics.
- Low Adoption rate by social media users. Most writers still don't understand how it can benefit their author platform.
- Pricing for business version can be a bit out of the league of most writers. Full version is $79/month. You can always use the free version.
- It pulls articles from a vast array of sources based on particular keywords.
- The reminders of what is occurring with respect to Scoop It via email is wonderful.
- Allows for following other "Scoopers."
- Can't seem to get the advertisements for products blocked from the suggestions area. Scrolling through all of them is a real time wasting activity.
- Narrows the amount of articles to sift through every day
- Makes sharing good content simple
- Keeps track of analytics
- It's easy to overuse scoop.it, it's so easy to share, you might not initially realize just how often you are sharing posts.
How easy is it to set up filters to narrow content choices? How easy is it to find people with similar content? How do you cultivate good followers and overall content? What are the best practices for using Scoop.it for my specific industry?
- I love how easy it is to Scoop an article from another user. That makes content curation easy and it helps you to promote the thoughts or resources another has provided.
- I love how easy it is to favorite or like an item.
- Following another user is simple and receiving updates from all the users you are following is easy.
- Finally, I appreciate how easy it is to curate content using the feed feature. It is also easy to remove content from the feed.
- I would like the feed results to be easier to filter and use. I was getting quite a bit of junk for a while and it took a bit of time to ensure that I wasn't receiving links to irrelevant articles in my feed.
- Content Marketing - The ability to monitor for key words, select the best content, edit and create a unique content item with its own URL that links back to the original source, and then simply share that content item through own social media channels.
- Integration - the monitoring pulls in content and display items from many different sources really well on the topic page. Topics can be configured and embedded into your own website to become a part of your branded platform(s).
- Flexibility - the possibility to edit everything related to a curated item (headline, image, description, add insights) and still have the necessary link back to the original source built in by default. This saves a lot of time and effort compared to creating separate blog items.
- I would love to have the ability to RSS-feed scooped items categorized by tags
- The e-newsletter extension is promising and really helpful for us. It could be built out more to allow for more flexibility around content arrangement and targeting.
- The analytics report gives a detailed aggregated overview, but the usability and ability to look at specific scoops could be improved.
- The site is simple to use and laid out in a logical manner that allowed for easy access to pertinent information.
- As the site grows, so does the number of searchable topics. It creates near perfect topics and content to match our business.
- What really adds value to the site, is that there is the ability to share the content through many of the most popular forms of social media. It brings another level of inclusion and communication between the many different social media sites.
- When we first implemented the usage of Scoop.it the topics of search were very limited, but as the popularity grows, so does the number of searchable topics.
- Collects and delivers keyword targeted Internet news
- Recommends news if relevant
- Timely news and content delivery
- Add feature of learning based auto content publication of moderated (decorum) content - news feed / news paper model like paper.li
- Add advanced search archive of personal scoop.its
- Promote mobile app interface
- Needs targeted (private) group content sharing feature.
- Graphics are Scoop.it's strength. Scoop.it sites look great on social media; they invite people in to a much larger room of information, and engage them with color and well-placed articles. We love the design and it is very easy to share.
- We like the fact that we can add a few comments of our own as well as recommend other sources. This keeps the information personal.
- For important topics, one facebook post or one article illustration just isn't enough. Scoop.it allows us to cluster information that is obviously tied together but gives a variety of perspectives on a topic.
- We wish we could have control over the font
- We don't find the suggested articles page helpful- most of the time the articles aren't useful to us
It is a great tool when you know that information will need to be added or changed over time. You can have a consistent site, but change the articles as much as you want.