Scoop.it Content Director is the SMB-focused solution for Lean Content Marketing. It allows Content Marketers to: - Save time by finding quality content from across the web - Scale content output without the need for more resources - Delivers ROI; more quality content means more leadshttps://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Th/ty/4GNV0J1QPRHJ.pngWanna be the Whiz Kid in Your Field? Find it, Scoop.it, Share it!I first began with Scoop.it to discover and share interesting articles with other writers, authors, and aspiring authors. Daily I scour the web for news and changing trends in the self-publishing industry. As an author, I use it to help build my platform and position myself as an expert. As I progressed, I found Scoop.it very powerful in enabling me to share content--and share it quickly. If I find an article worth sharing, I can use the Scoop.it bookmarklet to grab it, write my review, set up relevant tags for SEO, share on multiple social media networks, and even publish to my blog! Content curation with Scoop.it has helped me sharpen my writing and social media skills, learn, teach, and interact with other professionals. Oh, and it's fun, too!,Provides suggestions daily for each of your topics depending on keywords you choose. There is no guesswork about what to share. Allows sharing of your content to various social media outlets with the touch of a button. Your content gets spread quickly. Your own beautiful front page functions as your website. It shows the curator profile, and all your topics.,Low Adoption rate by social media users. Most writers still don't understand how it can benefit their author platform. Pricing for business version can be a bit out of the league of most writers. Full version is $79/month. You can always use the free version.,10,10,1,10Very good, solid tool.I personally use Scoop It to curate articles on current technology uses in education. It is not being used across a department or organization. It addresses the countless hours of research that would be necessary to keep abreast of latest developments.,It pulls articles from a vast array of sources based on particular keywords. The reminders of what is occurring with respect to Scoop It via email is wonderful. Allows for following other "Scoopers.",Can't seem to get the advertisements for products blocked from the suggestions area. Scrolling through all of them is a real time wasting activity.,10,N/A,,10,10Scoop.itWe used Scoop.it at TeachThought to share our articles and articles from other educational organizations that we found impressive, related to content we provided, or related to important trends in education.,I love how easy it is to Scoop an article from another user. That makes content curation easy and it helps you to promote the thoughts or resources another has provided. I love how easy it is to favorite or like an item. Following another user is simple and receiving updates from all the users you are following is easy. Finally, I appreciate how easy it is to curate content using the feed feature. It is also easy to remove content from the feed.,I would like the feed results to be easier to filter and use. I was getting quite a bit of junk for a while and it took a bit of time to ensure that I wasn't receiving links to irrelevant articles in my feed.,10,Content curation led to increased knowledge of topics that interest us. We have a larger network of individuals who are interested in topics relevant to education than we ever did before. Our readership increased due to our presence on Scoop.it.,pearltrees,1,10Scoop.it provides smart listening, curation, and publishingThe Communications and Marketing office at the University of San Francisco is using Scoop.it to aggregate and curate mentions of the university in social media. It addresses the business problem of being able to curate and create the ongoing story about how the university changes the world from here, based on user-generated content provided by the USF community.,Content Marketing - The ability to monitor for key words, select the best content, edit and create a unique content item with its own URL that links back to the original source, and then simply share that content item through own social media channels. Integration - the monitoring pulls in content and display items from many different sources really well on the topic page. Topics can be configured and embedded into your own website to become a part of your branded platform(s). Flexibility - the possibility to edit everything related to a curated item (headline, image, description, add insights) and still have the necessary link back to the original source built in by default. This saves a lot of time and effort compared to creating separate blog items.,I would love to have the ability to RSS-feed scooped items categorized by tags The e-newsletter extension is promising and really helpful for us. It could be built out more to allow for more flexibility around content arrangement and targeting. The analytics report gives a detailed aggregated overview, but the usability and ability to look at specific scoops could be improved.,10,Better procedures to integrate user-generated content with the USF content management. More efficient social media monitoring and curation procedures,9Scoop.it right up and use this websiteScoop.it helped to fill the void of having information that was too cluttered with unreliable data with trusted sources of meaningful information pertaining to our line of business. It was used as a marketing tool to gather and share thoughtful data in our particular market. I used Scoop.it to find interesting articles to share internally and with clients to show that we understood their thoughts and business intentions. By having a Scoop.it account, we were able to access and filter data to build on our already extensive knowledge base, but also allow us to use our business resources appropriately by not having to have a large workforce for blogging. It allowed us to keep our company budgets in working order and gave us great sources to use as proof for our concepts and ideas.,The site is simple to use and laid out in a logical manner that allowed for easy access to pertinent information. As the site grows, so does the number of searchable topics. It creates near perfect topics and content to match our business. What really adds value to the site, is that there is the ability to share the content through many of the most popular forms of social media. It brings another level of inclusion and communication between the many different social media sites.,When we first implemented the usage of Scoop.it the topics of search were very limited, but as the popularity grows, so does the number of searchable topics.,10,Scoop.it gave us the ability to show that we know "our stuff" to our clients. It helped us provide proof of what we were selling to our clients and potentials. Sharing articles from here with our clients was an easy gesture that they found to be helpful with their companies but also kept lines of communication open for further discussions and potential business opportunities.,paper.li,9
Scoop.it Content Director

Scoop.it Content Director Reviews

Scoop.it Content Director
Filter 14 vetted Scoop.it Content Director reviews and ratings
Penelope Silvers profile photo
June 09, 2015

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Wanna be the Whiz Kid in Your Field? Find it, Scoop.it, Share it!"

• Provides suggestions daily for each of your topics depending on keywords you choose. There is no guesswork about what to share.
  • Allows sharing of your content to various social media outlets with the touch of a button. Your content gets spread quickly.
  • Your own beautiful front page functions as your website. It shows the curator profile, and all your topics.
  • Low Adoption rate by social media users. Most writers still don't understand how it can benefit their author platform.
  • Pricing for business version can be a bit out of the league of most writers. Full version is $79/month. You can always use the free version.
If you're trying to establish yourself as a expert in your field, Scoop.it is a wonderful platform to do this. First ask yourself: Who is my target audience? What am I trying to achieve by using content curation? How will my audience benefit from the information I compile? What is the ease in getting started? How does the platform help me find my topics? How well does the platform help me share?
Read Penelope Silvers's full review
Deborah Banker profile photo
June 05, 2015

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Very good, solid tool."

• It pulls articles from a vast array of sources based on particular keywords.
  • The reminders of what is occurring with respect to Scoop It via email is wonderful.
  • Allows for following other "Scoopers."
  • Can't seem to get the advertisements for products blocked from the suggestions area. Scrolling through all of them is a real time wasting activity.
Don't know how to answer this one....
Read Deborah Banker's full review
Heather MacCorkle Edick profile photo
February 04, 2015

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Scoop.it"

• I love how easy it is to Scoop an article from another user. That makes content curation easy and it helps you to promote the thoughts or resources another has provided.
  • I love how easy it is to favorite or like an item.
  • Following another user is simple and receiving updates from all the users you are following is easy.
  • Finally, I appreciate how easy it is to curate content using the feed feature. It is also easy to remove content from the feed.
  • I would like the feed results to be easier to filter and use. I was getting quite a bit of junk for a while and it took a bit of time to ensure that I wasn't receiving links to irrelevant articles in my feed.
If someone wants to share content with others about a specific topic, the Scoop.it site makes that very easy. It is also easy to build a network of users who share your interests.
Read Heather MacCorkle Edick's full review
Thomas Listerman profile photo
August 05, 2014

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Scoop.it provides smart listening, curation, and publishing"

• Content Marketing - The ability to monitor for key words, select the best content, edit and create a unique content item with its own URL that links back to the original source, and then simply share that content item through own social media channels.
  • Integration - the monitoring pulls in content and display items from many different sources really well on the topic page. Topics can be configured and embedded into your own website to become a part of your branded platform(s).
  • Flexibility - the possibility to edit everything related to a curated item (headline, image, description, add insights) and still have the necessary link back to the original source built in by default. This saves a lot of time and effort compared to creating separate blog items.
  • I would love to have the ability to RSS-feed scooped items categorized by tags
  • The e-newsletter extension is promising and really helpful for us. It could be built out more to allow for more flexibility around content arrangement and targeting.
  • The analytics report gives a detailed aggregated overview, but the usability and ability to look at specific scoops could be improved.
Scoop.it does have collaboration features so you can have more than one admin add content to a topic, but there is no platform for collaboration or drafting of content. It is easy to try out the free version and get a good idea of what the application does, and then add on features from there.
Read Thomas Listerman's full review
Casey Gold profile photo
August 02, 2014

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Scoop.it right up and use this website"

• The site is simple to use and laid out in a logical manner that allowed for easy access to pertinent information.
  • As the site grows, so does the number of searchable topics. It creates near perfect topics and content to match our business.
  • What really adds value to the site, is that there is the ability to share the content through many of the most popular forms of social media. It brings another level of inclusion and communication between the many different social media sites.
  • When we first implemented the usage of Scoop.it the topics of search were very limited, but as the popularity grows, so does the number of searchable topics.
Scoop.it has the ability for nearly anyone to benefit from using it. Topics are not limited and the ability to share content across multiple sources allows for an integrated source of trusted content. It is believed that a tool like this would be best suited for "start-ups" and the liking but I believe that this has the making for improving the thought catalogs of many different types of businesses and industries.
Read Casey Gold's full review
February 25, 2015

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Couldn't be happier with the product"

We use Scoop.it to help us sift through the thousands of education-related articles that circulate on the internet every day. It helps us keep a better pulse on what our members, advocates and followers care about. Scoop.it makes sharing and re-sharing on our social platforms extremely easy. Some of our most retweeted and most shared items are from articles we found on Scoop.it
  • Narrows the amount of articles to sift through every day
  • Makes sharing good content simple
  • Keeps track of analytics
  • It's easy to overuse scoop.it, it's so easy to share, you might not initially realize just how often you are sharing posts.
We use Scoop.it every day. Again, Scoop.it makes sharing and re-sharing on our social platforms extremely easy. Some of our most retweeted and most shared items are from articles we found on Scoop.it
How easy is it to set up filters to narrow content choices? How easy is it to find people with similar content? How do you cultivate good followers and overall content? What are the best practices for using Scoop.it for my specific industry?
July 28, 2014

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Get Content Curator Superpowers with Scoop.it digital news service!"

To collaborate by sharing industry content, including trends, products, case studies and best practices in Information Technology, ECommerce, Internet, Software development, business analytics. Scoop.it helps directly with thought leadership promotion, training and professional development.
  • Collects and delivers keyword targeted Internet news
  • Recommends news if relevant
  • Timely news and content delivery
  • Add feature of learning based auto content publication of moderated (decorum) content - news feed / news paper model like paper.li
  • Add advanced search archive of personal scoop.its
  • Promote mobile app interface
  • Needs targeted (private) group content sharing feature.
It is well suited as a digital clipping service. It needs a targeted (private) group content sharing feature.
July 25, 2014

Scoop.it Content Director Review: "Go from dry data to artistic ease with Scoop.it!"

We use Scoop.it as a magnifying glass to highlight something we want to put emphasis on in our publicity or education. For example, we teach a therapy called chelation, so we have a Scoop.it describing what that therapy is, and we can update it regularly. We create a Scoop.it for each city that we hold a conference in, including hotel and airport information with specific links, and fun highlights of what to do while you're there.
  • Graphics are Scoop.it's strength. Scoop.it sites look great on social media; they invite people in to a much larger room of information, and engage them with color and well-placed articles. We love the design and it is very easy to share.
  • We like the fact that we can add a few comments of our own as well as recommend other sources. This keeps the information personal.
  • For important topics, one facebook post or one article illustration just isn't enough. Scoop.it allows us to cluster information that is obviously tied together but gives a variety of perspectives on a topic.
  • We wish we could have control over the font
  • We don't find the suggested articles page helpful- most of the time the articles aren't useful to us
It is important to have one unified theme when making a Scoop.it site.
It is a great tool when you know that information will need to be added or changed over time. You can have a consistent site, but change the articles as much as you want.

About Scoop.it Content Director

• Save time by finding quality content from across the web
  • Scale content output without the need for more resources
  • Delivers ROI; more quality content means more leads

Buffer, Livefyre Studio, Newscred, Percolate, Kapost

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Scoop.it Content DirectorFrom $333/monthBilled annually

Scoop.it Content Director Customer Size Distribution

Enterprises (> 500 employees)Enterprises (> 500 employees)

Scoop.it Content Director Support Options