It is being used by …
Site audit / diagnostics (11)
SERP ranking tracking (11)
Competitive analysis (10)
Backlink management (11)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SE Ranking, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Supported: Keyword analysis
- Supported: Backlink management
- Supported: SERP ranking tracking
- Supported: Page grader
- Supported: Competitive analysis
- Supported: Site audit / diagnostics
- Supported: Site recommendations
- Supported: Task management
- Supported: Local SEO
- Supported: Mobile SEO
- Supported: Global SEO
- Supported: Multi-domain support
- Supported: Integration with web analytics tools
- Supported: Backlinks checker
- Supported: Keyword suggestion tool
- Supported: Keyword grouper
- Supported: On-page SEO audit
- Supported: Page changes monitoring
- Supported: Competitor PPC/SEO research
- Supported: Marketing plan
- Supported: White Label
- Supported: SEO reporting tool
- Supported: Lead generator
- Supported: API
- Supported: Social media management
- Supported: Historical data on keywords/domains
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||20%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, German, Russian, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish, Romanian, Chinese, Portuguese|
- Rank tracking of keywords (I find that data up to date).
- Competitor research, find your competition organic and paid traffic.
- Detailed reports, (only whitelabel with the more expensive versions).
- Better local SEO data.
- Slow, it can take a lot of time when you update big lists of data.
- Content analyses (would be nice to get rating on your current SEO).
- Ability to compare your site to competitors.
- The simplicity of the "big picture" views of the website, but the ability to "dig deeper."
- Very user-friendly, tooltips on all the report columns and links to support pages to learn more.
- Adding the keywords is a little challenging, it's not clear exactly which ones should be used, and for some, it pulls the wrong thing or too many.
- Rank racking. It’s really important for us that the ranks are tracked accurately.
- Monitoring of changes made on the website. We’ve found this feature really useful.
- Reports. This includes auto reports and manuals. We can easily and quickly create reports to check our SEO progress month by month.
- Competitors research for Yandex. There are still not that many databases for the Yandex search engine in the competitors research tool.
I’ve contacted the Support Team several times and they are usually responsive and really helpful. I can contact them via chat or email, and even in Facebook comments. And they have a very good Help Center where I can find almost anything.
- Customer Service
- Go to 24x7 support (although they are quick)
- Bigger database
- More time spent developing the tools further
- Ranking tracking - decent, though could be better.
- Rank tracking for multiple cities.
- Open ended ranking tracking is not reliable or great.
- Rank tracking is sometimes severely off - noticeable enough numbers of keywords, upon manual clean browser incog check, are off by a lot.
Not as well suited for: Maps tracking - it has a feature for this but it doesn't have many capabilities within that feature.
Not well suited for backlink checking except that it's cheaper than Ahrefs, but you get what you pay for.
- Their white label reporting features allows you to create branded in-depth SEO reports for for clients as well as prospects
- The Lead generation widget is a great lead gen tool for marketing agencies and freelancers
- If you hit your monthly plan limits, you have the option of purchasing extra capacity for the month instead of having to upgrade to the next monthly plan
- SE Ranking offers a wide variety of SEO tools for every situation. Research can be saved under the project you setup for each website.
- While SE Ranking has a large database, if you specifically work with smaller, local businesses, you may find granular level geographic data is lacking
- The keyword ranking limits for each plan are too low if you have many projects to track
- You don't get access to their API unless you subscribe to their highest paid plan, which makes it difficult since it lacks many 3rd party integrations
- Plenty of useful SEO features, like website analysis, useful tips, reports, everything you need.
- Excellent support: you can always write a ticket if you need help.
- Easy-to-use interface, everything is clear.
- No major issues. I've used it for more than 2 years and cannot say I am dissatisfied with something.
SE Ranking provides good support service. When you experience the issue, you can leave a ticket, and they will help.
- Tracking the targeted keywords and receiving regular reports via emails
- On-page SEO audit
- Keyword research
- Backlinks analysis
- For some of the paid plans you still need to pay extra for some services. Would be great to have everything possible under the paid plans without extra costs.
It is being used by 2 people (a strategist uses its Traffic Forecast feature and a marketer uses it to monitor keyword rankings).
We got a lifetime plan via AppSumo deal and we're glad we didn't pay for it more.
- Tracks rankings very precisely and based on location.
- Provides fairly good website audits.
- Competition research.
- It has a relatively poor backlink index.
- Confusing to use. Not so optimized UI.
- Reporting System could be better.
It boasts as an all-around SEO tool, which it definitely isn't because it lacks a link database to be your go-to tool for everything SEO. Its UI is not optimized for ease of use, thus offering sub-par user experience. It has two different interfaces for different SEO tools which, I hope, they can incorporate into one.
- Easy to use tools such as Competitor research, Keyword rank tracking, Website audit to name a few.
- All SEO tools plus some that are not standard for SEO platforms like social media auto-posting and page changes monitoring.
- Great interface and awesome reports!
- Very competitively priced - if you'll compare what you buy from SE Ranking for the same price as some other tools - it's like buying a Mercedes for the price of Honda. :)
- I really don't think SE Ranking has many flaws. They are also rolling out an app at the moment - SE Ranking Pro - need to test that one.
- Some more video tutorials on the site on how to use some tools would be helpful.
- More in-system popups would be more helpful too.
I use SE Ranking for all these purposes. The tool helps me find keywords that I can optimize the post. The keyword research feature of the tool allows me to find long-tail keywords and perform competitive research so I can compare and contrast data between my client sites and their respective competitors. SE Ranking also has an on-page audit that lets me identify factors that I can work on as a content creator to improve the post or article. Lastly, if the client moves up to my SEO services, the tool lets me track the ranking of my client's site pages for their target keyword.
- Extremely affordable price point - perfect for SEO beginners
- Great features that perfectly complements its rank tracking feature, i.e. on-page SEO, backlink analysis, lead generator, online marketing plan, etc.
- Ever-growing and always-improving features and database
- Great customer support
- UI is sort of confusing - users will have problems getting used to finding the features they need for SEO
SE Ranking may not be appropriate for people who aren't practicing SEO (obviously). If you want to primarily build links and gain insights on competitor backlinks, the tool may not be enough to provide you with the data you need.