SE Ranking Reviews

May 23, 2021
Lauren Love | TrustRadius Reviewer
This program allows me to get a quick snapshot of the state our websites are in. I can see if we have link errors, if there are things Google doesn't like about our site that might prevent it from showing up in searches, I can see how we rank against competitors, and I can even see how our competitors stack up against us. Their resource library is very helpful for defining and explaining all of the features, and boy does it have a lot of features.
  • Ability to compare your site to competitors.
  • The simplicity of the "big picture" views of the website, but the ability to "dig deeper."
  • Very user-friendly, tooltips on all the report columns and links to support pages to learn more.
  • Adding the keywords is a little challenging, it's not clear exactly which ones should be used, and for some, it pulls the wrong thing or too many.
I have already recommended SE Ranking to other companies that want to be able to see how their SEO management company is doing, but this site also makes it easy for you to be your own SEO management company. I think any size business, from retail to healthcare to construction, everyone needs to know how their website is performing and how it stacks up against the competition. It can be extremely intimidating trying to figure out what exactly your website should be doing, so not only does SE Ranking give you a zillion metrics to pick from, but they make it very easy to research and learn about each section and how to improve it or what it should be doing.
Read Lauren Love's full review
May 27, 2021
SE Ranking is 1 of the SEO research tools I use or suggest to customers to use. There are many SEO tools on the market, and we have been using many tools. With this I try to segment them in needs and price. SE Ranking is a complete tool, and one of the things it does really well is keyword tracking for your own selected keywords. And with the price range it's a perfect fit for smaller websites that want to grow.
  • Rank tracking of keywords (I find that data up to date).
  • Competitor research, find your competition organic and paid traffic.
  • Detailed reports, (only whitelabel with the more expensive versions).
  • Better local SEO data.
  • Slow, it can take a lot of time when you update big lists of data.
  • Content analyses (would be nice to get rating on your current SEO).
Difficult, we use multiple tools, SE Ranking deserves a spot for companies who wanna start using SEO tools or wanna do some more in-depth research. And if you only want to update your data (ranks) once a week you can start as low as $13~ a month (based on 1 year period) $17~ if you just want it for 1 month. But once you wanna use white label reports and more functions you will need to upgrade. (Even then it's still in the lower segments.) But then the tool will need to compete with some other tools that have even more functions and in-depth statistics.
The support is great but they don't have 24/7 support. And time zones can also be an issue sometimes. On the other hand there are plenty of guides and videos around to get yourself started. I never really needed support for "big" issues. And the help I got was good enough.
September 18, 2020
Dmitry Chervonyi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SE Ranking for many SEO and marketing tasks, from competitor monitoring and marketing research to tracking our rankings on search engines. It is mostly used by the Marketing Team, but also other team members are involved. SE Ranking helps us to solve the listed marketing tasks and save time and money, as we do not use other tools for these purposes. All we need is on one platform.
  • Rank racking. It’s really important for us that the ranks are tracked accurately.
  • Monitoring of changes made on the website. We’ve found this feature really useful.
  • Reports. This includes auto reports and manuals. We can easily and quickly create reports to check our SEO progress month by month.
  • Competitors research for Yandex. There are still not that many databases for the Yandex search engine in the competitors research tool.
A great solution for internal Marketing Teams and for the collaboration of clients and agencies, as you can provide access to specific sections of the platform and then remove it if necessary. For internal teams, it’s really convenient to have most of the tasks made within one tool or platform. That’s what we do in Belkins. We use SE Ranking for most of our SEO and marketing tasks. And they have an API, so you can easily use the data in other services if you need it.

I’ve contacted the Support Team several times and they are usually responsive and really helpful. I can contact them via chat or email, and even in Facebook comments. And they have a very good Help Center where I can find almost anything.

Read Dmitry Chervonyi's full review
April 14, 2020
lewis cambridge | TrustRadius Reviewer
it's being used by the whole team as we love the way it reports in such an easy to read fashion for our clients. We also think that the dashboard is very easy to navigate making it less complicated to get your head around and then you can start setting up projects.
  • Reporting
  • UI
  • Customer Service
  • Go to 24x7 support (although they are quick)
  • Bigger database
  • More time spent developing the tools further
I have had one particular client who was not computer savvy at all and didn't really understand why SEO was important to the business. With SE Ranking I was able to create the client a sign-in so they could check on all the ranking whenever they wanted. Also, SE Ranking can be white labeled too.
The manner in which a service call is finally closed is very important as this will be the final interaction between the client and the service agent. Of course the final message will be influenced by the success of the call or live chat. They are always helpful and willing
Read lewis cambridge's full review
January 24, 2020
It helps track daily rankings for dozens of websites and campaigns. It can track different search engines, in different zip codes, it can track mobile vs desktop, etc. It can also do some backlink analysis, competitor analysis, SEO site audits, etc.
  • Ranking tracking - decent, though could be better.
  • Rank tracking for multiple cities.
  • Open ended ranking tracking is not reliable or great.
  • Rank tracking is sometimes severely off - noticeable enough numbers of keywords, upon manual clean browser incog check, are off by a lot.
Well suited for: rank tracking for many accounts, rank tracking for different cities, simple on-page SEO site audit.
Not as well suited for: Maps tracking - it has a feature for this but it doesn't have many capabilities within that feature.
Not well suited for backlink checking except that it's cheaper than Ahrefs, but you get what you pay for.
We've had issues with 1) our account locking us out before it was expired, 2) rankings being extremely off and upon inquiring, given a basic response on how to cleanly check ranking as the explanation on discrepancies 3) slower to respond on some requests.
June 10, 2019
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SE Ranking as an all-in-one SEO tool for our business as well as for clients. It is our go-to tool when conducting website audits as well as keyword and competitor analysis. Having an SEO tools with so many features allows us to keep all of our data and research within a single app, where in the past we would have to use 2-3 different SEO tools to accomplish the same things we do with SE Ranking. If you are a marketing agency or freelancer looking for marketing clients, SE Ranking also has a lead generation widget you can add to your website which allows users to perform a website audit for their website and sens you their contact information. A great and easy way to generate leads for new clients.
  • Their white label reporting features allows you to create branded in-depth SEO reports for for clients as well as prospects
  • The Lead generation widget is a great lead gen tool for marketing agencies and freelancers
  • If you hit your monthly plan limits, you have the option of purchasing extra capacity for the month instead of having to upgrade to the next monthly plan
  • SE Ranking offers a wide variety of SEO tools for every situation. Research can be saved under the project you setup for each website.
  • While SE Ranking has a large database, if you specifically work with smaller, local businesses, you may find granular level geographic data is lacking
  • The keyword ranking limits for each plan are too low if you have many projects to track
  • You don't get access to their API unless you subscribe to their highest paid plan, which makes it difficult since it lacks many 3rd party integrations
SE Ranking is a fantastic tool if you are a marketing agency or freelancer looking for a single tool for the majority of your SEO work. It also includes B2B tools like their lead generation widget and white label reports that can help you generate new leads for your business. It would get 10 stars if their database was larger to accommodate research for small geographic areas, but they are always expanding their database so it may just be a matter of time. Research SE Ranking has pricing plans available for every budget.
Read Gary Shouldis's full review
May 15, 2019
Valery Lytvyn | TrustRadius Reviewer
SE Ranking offers almost everything for the SEO or market analyst. I work with this system for years months and they are always marketing the platform better and better with regular updates. So it never goes outdated. I use it for work for my company, and I am OK with it.
  • Plenty of useful SEO features, like website analysis, useful tips, reports, everything you need.
  • Excellent support: you can always write a ticket if you need help.
  • Easy-to-use interface, everything is clear.
  • No major issues. I've used it for more than 2 years and cannot say I am dissatisfied with something.
SE Ranking is famous for its ranking tracking tool. Even several years ago the results of the rankings were accurate and the platform worked fast. Now they upgraded and updated the service, added new Top 100 option, and there is no need to use other services. It tracks the rankings, the frequency, works with organic searches and with paid searches.

SE Ranking provides good support service. When you experience the issue, you can leave a ticket, and they will help.

Read Valery Lytvyn's full review
July 30, 2018
Dragan Nikolic | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SE Ranking for monitoring the overall rankings, search visibility and traffic for our clients in North America.

It is being used by 2 people (a strategist uses its Traffic Forecast feature and a marketer uses it to monitor keyword rankings).

We got a lifetime plan via AppSumo deal and we're glad we didn't pay for it more.
  • Tracks rankings very precisely and based on location.
  • Provides fairly good website audits.
  • Competition research.
  • It has a relatively poor backlink index.
  • Confusing to use. Not so optimized UI.
  • Reporting System could be better.
SE Ranking is on a good track when it comes to rank tracking. It displays a graph of your average position over time which is helpful and it can also help you when it comes to identifying some basic SEO issues with your website.

It boasts as an all-around SEO tool, which it definitely isn't because it lacks a link database to be your go-to tool for everything SEO. Its UI is not optimized for ease of use, thus offering sub-par user experience. It has two different interfaces for different SEO tools which, I hope, they can incorporate into one.
Read Dragan Nikolic's full review
May 16, 2018
Yuliya Karnaukh | TrustRadius Reviewer
SE Ranking is a great tool for anyone who has or administer a website. It could be used by business owners who manage their sites on their own or agencies who provide marketing services to their clients. I use SE Ranking for both - to manage my own site and in my consulting services to my clients. If you are a newbie you can start with their Marketing plan and go through all SEO projects quickly and efficiently. If you are a pro - you'll appreciate how accurate their data is and how great their reports look like.
  • Easy to use tools such as Competitor research, Keyword rank tracking, Website audit to name a few.
  • All SEO tools plus some that are not standard for SEO platforms like social media auto-posting and page changes monitoring.
  • Great interface and awesome reports!
  • Very competitively priced - if you'll compare what you buy from SE Ranking for the same price as some other tools - it's like buying a Mercedes for the price of Honda. :)
  • I really don't think SE Ranking has many flaws. They are also rolling out an app at the moment - SE Ranking Pro - need to test that one.
  • Some more video tutorials on the site on how to use some tools would be helpful.
  • More in-system popups would be more helpful too.
SE Ranking is great for anyone who owns or administer a website. It provides a complete set of tools to do SEO and online marketing on your own. They have different pricing packages that suit different needs of different businesses. From website audit to keyword research and competitor analyzing to social media auto-posting - they have everything on the same platform and interface.
Read Yuliya Karnaukh's full review
March 07, 2018
Christopher Jan Benitez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a freelance writer with an SEO background. Aside from writing, I ensure that the content I submit is SEO-friendly. The posts need to have a target keyword and observes the best on-page SEO practices. Also, I upsell clients my SEO services if they're satisfied with my content writing services.

I use SE Ranking for all these purposes. The tool helps me find keywords that I can optimize the post. The keyword research feature of the tool allows me to find long-tail keywords and perform competitive research so I can compare and contrast data between my client sites and their respective competitors. SE Ranking also has an on-page audit that lets me identify factors that I can work on as a content creator to improve the post or article. Lastly, if the client moves up to my SEO services, the tool lets me track the ranking of my client's site pages for their target keyword.
  • Extremely affordable price point - perfect for SEO beginners
  • Great features that perfectly complements its rank tracking feature, i.e. on-page SEO, backlink analysis, lead generator, online marketing plan, etc.
  • Ever-growing and always-improving features and database
  • Great customer support
  • UI is sort of confusing - users will have problems getting used to finding the features they need for SEO
SE Ranking is perfect if you want to monitor your SEO performance based on the search ranking of your (or your client) site/s for their target keywords. The tool also offers features that will help you increase your ranking such as SEO competitor research, backlink explorer, competitor comparison, and more. SE Ranking is also great for bloggers and small businesses who don't have the cash to use premium SEO tools. SE Ranking is a great entry tool for SEO not just because of its price point, but also for the wealth of features it offers.

SE Ranking may not be appropriate for people who aren't practicing SEO (obviously). If you want to primarily build links and gain insights on competitor backlinks, the tool may not be enough to provide you with the data you need.
Read Christopher Jan Benitez's full review
September 04, 2018
We were looking for an affordable tool to track the keywords we were targeting and also a tool that would help us to do an on-page SEO analysis so we could improve our website. SE Ranking was the tool we chose for that purpose and so far we are very satisfied. We track our keywords and receive reports via emails about their positions and position changes. Also we used the on-page SEO analysis tool for our website to understand what are the errors or factors that can harm our SEO. Their keyword research tool is also quite good.
  • Tracking the targeted keywords and receiving regular reports via emails
  • On-page SEO audit
  • Keyword research
  • Backlinks analysis
  • For some of the paid plans you still need to pay extra for some services. Would be great to have everything possible under the paid plans without extra costs.
SE Ranking is great if you want to track the keywords you are targeting. It's the main way we use it and it's very helpful. Also it's great at analyzing the SEO on your website pages, and gives you suggestions on how to fix the issues.

Keyword analysis (4)
Backlink management (11)
SERP ranking tracking (11)
Page grader (8)
Competitive analysis (10)
Site audit / diagnostics (11)
Site recommendations (8)
Task management (6)
Local SEO (8)
6.5
Mobile SEO (9)
Global SEO (9)
Multi-domain support (7)
Integration with web analytics tools (9)

What is SE Ranking?

SE Ranking is a cloud-based platform for SEO and online marketing professionals that provides a complete set of tools for comprehensive site audit, competitor analysis, website ranking, keyword suggestion and grouping, backlink monitoring, and automated professional reporting. Besides standard SEO tools, the system offers a set of additional features such as White Label and Marketing Plan aimed at bringing professional digital services to a whole new level. The vendor claims to offer everything on one platform within the same user-friendly interface.

SE Ranking Features

Has featureMobile SEO
Has featureGlobal SEO

SEO Platform & Account Management Features

Has featureMulti-domain support
Has featureIntegration with web analytics tools
Has featureBacklinks checker
Has featureSEO reporting tool
Has featureLead generator
Has featureAPI
Has featureSocial media management
Has featureHistorical data on keywords/domains

SE Ranking Screenshots

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
ESSENTIAL18.6per month
PRO42.5per month
BUSINESS$90per month

* All the prices are given for a weekly rankings check frequency and an annual subscription period.

SE Ranking Customer Size Distribution