Secret Server is an enterprise password management application from Thycotic in Washington DC which is available with either a cloud-based or on-premise deployment which emphasizes fast deployment, scalability, and simplicity.Enterprise grade password solution... with a few shortcomings.We use Secret Server enterprise-wide as the source for all password administration. It generally (but not always) generates our passwords, so as to maintain password complexity. We use it to securely share passwords between administrators and users. On a personal level, I use it for my personal passwords as well. It keeps them secure, albeit on our corporate hardware.,Recommends complex passwords. Interfaces with our Identity Management software to already know users. No extra passwords needed. Ability to track additional information such as system, resource and even notes on a password.,The sharing functionality NEEDS improvement. We share most passwords at a group level, but then it becomes impossible to share them with a dynamic group and one or two one-off people as well. This is a major shortcoming. I don't love the interface. I feel like there is an attempt at a dashboard, but it is really not effective. I've heard, but never seen, that the software can actually change passwords in the target systems. If this is part of its deliverable, I do not know how to use it, and I don't know how you would do that. Seems like a great feature for password management.,5,Helps share passwords securely. One cannot put a monetary value on security these days since the cost of a breach can be catastrophic. Helps ensure password complexity. It forces us to maintain complex passwords and even randomly generates them for us. I feel that a person who changes roles often could still have access to many passwords that have been assigned to them manually. The administration of this is time-consuming and very inefficient.,,Oracle Enterprise Manager, Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL ServerThycotic Secret ServerAs a distributor, we are using the SecretServer for our demo environment. We are able to share all our logins to websites or servers. In this way, the whole team can use them and work with the product.,Quick and easy installation. All features for PAM in one product. Modern and intuitive UI. Functions can be extended by license.,You have to work with it regularly to find the right menu, because of the high functionality.,10,Admins can work much more faster with the one-click-session-launcher. They don´t need to know an admin password.,Cyberark Enterprise Password Vault,Parallels Remote Application Server, Sophos UTM, Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Secret Server

Secret Server Reviews

Secret Server
Filter 4 vetted Secret Server reviews and ratings

January 04, 2019

Secret Server Review: "Enterprise grade password solution... with a few shortcomings."

• Recommends complex passwords.
  • Interfaces with our Identity Management software to already know users. No extra passwords needed.
  • Ability to track additional information such as system, resource and even notes on a password.
  • The sharing functionality NEEDS improvement. We share most passwords at a group level, but then it becomes impossible to share them with a dynamic group and one or two one-off people as well. This is a major shortcoming.
  • I don't love the interface. I feel like there is an attempt at a dashboard, but it is really not effective.
  • I've heard, but never seen, that the software can actually change passwords in the target systems. If this is part of its deliverable, I do not know how to use it, and I don't know how you would do that. Seems like a great feature for password management.
I actually really like that we have Secret Server. It is WAAAAY better than anything else we've used. I do feel like in today's age, there should be a better interface, mobile app, etc. I just don't see that with Secret Server. If it exists, we are not using it. In a smaller company, this interface would probably work out ok. If you have hundreds or thousands of users, the sharing feature will leave something to be desired.
Marian Schulenkorf profile photo
February 19, 2018

User Review: "Thycotic Secret Server"

• Quick and easy installation.
  • All features for PAM in one product.
  • Modern and intuitive UI.
  • Functions can be extended by license.
  • You have to work with it regularly to find the right menu, because of the high functionality.
You can easily grant access to external consultants and record every session. High security solution for your most important password. Helps to optimize and automate the password change process.
Read Marian Schulenkorf's full review