Score 8.9 out of 10

What is Semrush?

• Keyword analysis (148)
  • Competitive analysis (144)
  • SERP ranking tracking (144)
  • Site audit / diagnostics (144)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Semrush, and make your voice heard!

Pro

Guru

Business

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.semrush.com/prices

Product Demos

Content Marketing Guide for 2021: The Recipe for Success
07:15

Features

SEO

Core features related to search engine optimization

8.4Avg 7.7

SEO Channels

Features related to optimizing your website for specific channels

8.2Avg 7.6

SEO Platform & Account Management

Features related to scalability and integration of the SEO platform

8.6Avg 8.4

What is Semrush?

Semrush is an online visibility management software-as-a-service platform.

With over 55 products, tools and add-ons across online visibility management, including tools for search, content, social media and market research, data for more than 142 countries, seamless integration with Google and task management platforms, Semrush aims to be a critical solution for all companies who are serious about online presence.

Semrush in numbers:

Semrush Demo

Semrush Competitors

Semrush Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Semrush is a relatively popular search engine optimization tool set from the company of the same name based in Pennsylvania and founded in 2008. Largely the platforms relies on competitive intelligence, and features SEO staples like backlink checking, keyword analysis to refine SEO and PPC campaigning and locate low-cost / high-yield keywords, analysis of competitors who co-occupy desired ad and listing spaces, domain vs. domain analysis, as well as site audit and domain tracking. Semrush can be acquired for as little as $69.95 on a monthly basis (with a 7-day money back guarantee in place of a free trial) with the Pro pack, up to $549.95 per month with the Business pack; features and tools are the same across tiers, only usage limits change. Discounts are available for annual subscription. Semrush boasts well-known users, like Forbes, Paypal, Wells Fargo, and many marketing agencies.

Ahrefs, Moz Pro, and SimilarWeb PRO are common alternatives for Semrush.

Reviewers rate Keyword analysis highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Semrush are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

We utilize Semrush to do health checks on our own and on our clients' websites. This tells us how our sites rank for certain keywords and where we may make improvements to our site's SEO. It's also how we come up with keywords for sponsored advertising. These features alone are worth the price of the membership.
SEO's and marketers can use Semrush for their marketing channel analysis and understanding website behaviour about current situation. You can understand all the things about your website to solve and make your marketing strategy in a different layer. It is easy to use dashboard and understand each section of the site.
This is suited to plan for keywords in a single market, but it struggles when you need to consolidate several markets. It is well-suited to discover new keywords directly related to the ones being used currently to expand the content the company is creating to get better results.
Dragan Berak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Semrush does a great job when it comes to getting info about keywords. It is easy to distinguish user intent, keyword volume, and keyword difficulty, easy to check a snapshot of the search engine results page (SERP), and of course to see the URL keywords are ranking for. On the other hand, even though their technical site audit is quite extensive, sometimes it's way too hard to deal with all the issues their system is reporting after a crawl.
Todd Underwood | TrustRadius Reviewer
Semrush allows us to keep an eye on the general and specific health of our clients' websites. We use it before taking on a website rebuild to tell us what is and isn't working about the current site, and we use it during the rebuild to optimize our work. The site audit tools are priceless. We also use the keyword generation tools for developing paid advertising keywords and the backlink audit tool for staying on top of toxic links.
Katie Wojciechowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
Semrush is not perfect, but in my experience, it's the one-size-fits-most SEO tool I would recommend to almost anyone (who works on a team/does not mind upgrading to a paid version). It's great for diverse teams - there are features that are basically plug and play, like the Content Marketing tools, that may be good for some team members, while more experienced SEOs can find a lot of value as well from research tools like the Domain Overview tool to take a deep dive into competitors. I'd say research and tracking functions are where Semrush shines. The reporting features will get the job done, but a lot of the data views are much more restricted in the generated reports than they are in-app, which I found annoying. I got a lot of questions in meetings about what some reporting data meant because the options were limited - ie, a "competitor organic performance" metric that was only month-over-month, and super vague, whereas in the app you could look at week-over-week, drill down on metrics, etc. The free version is just okay. I recommend this more for someone whose team is willing to pay for at least the Business level. A lot of the better, more unique functions, like Position Tracking for more than 10 keywords, costs more.
Mia Perez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Semrush is one of the easiest SEO tools to use on the market. Whenever my boss is out of the office he has me run some of the reporting for it. All it takes is some simple SOPs and I can easily navigate the platform. Very easy to use for non-SEO people.
April 12, 2022

Semrush Review

Pemba Tshiring Sherpa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Semrush is great for any SEO professional for managing the website's organic performance. The keywords research tool is one of the best tool I use personally and have found great success with. The position tracking tool also helps monitor my search performance and make necessary SEO changes if needed. I don't see any scenarios where I wouldn't use Semrush.
Semrush is well suited for marketers that work in services like SEO, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, PR, Content Marketing, Marketing Insights, Campaign Management. As well as for college students in marketing who are learning the what it takes and what it means to be a marketing analysts.
Amit Rana | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use SEMrush for keyword research for my clients. It's a good tool to have a few of your own ideas in mind but to also use it as a tool to help you find more keywords that you didn't think of. I was looking for a keyword research tool that was reliable and was able to give me solid data. This tool does both of those things. I was able to use it for all of my projects and it gave me a ton of data. I was able to get an idea of what keywords I should be targeting and what the competition was like for each of them. I recommend this for anyone who is looking for a great way to find keywords I was looking for an SEO tool that could analyze my web site's performance and compare it to the competition and I found this. SEMRush is software that can help you with all of your website's on and off-page SEO needs. It provides you with invaluable data that can be used to improve your website's performance. This software is a must-have for any serious online marketer.
The tool is great to use and provides students with the much-needed hands-on experience. The online certification courses complement the use of the Semrush platform in the classroom and provide students with an advantage in the job market. The Semrush team was very helpful throughout and provided us with great support.
Semrush is excellent when you know a site that you want to get info on (ie. competitors). It is less effective in identifying the sites you should look at (but this is just a difficult thing in general to automate). Semrush is also great for keyword research when you know a general topic area and need keyword ideas around that topic.
Semrush is great for organizations looking for a tool to help them manage the daily tasks for their SEO Clients. Their projects management system is great for multiple clients. The only downside to their client management is there is no way to archive work if a client is seasonal. There are also additional add-ons for competitor research or more Google ads information, which is helpful for clients with SEM. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good SEO tool.
Abdelaziz Musa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Got a website? At least one. Want it to rank well so the right people see your product/service from the right locations at the right time? Planning on achieving this without the help of an SEO tool? Then you're crazy, this isn't 2005, the Big Daddy Update did happen, and so did the following 4,596 updates. You need a tool. Should it be SEMRush? Well, your other option is Ahrefs. It's a close call, but here's why you should choose SEMRush - Because when things don't work perfectly (as happens with all software ever invented since the beginning of time), they are there. Quickly. Like linebackers on a fumble. Plus, they're always listening and building features you need to stay on top.
November 06, 2021

SEMRUSH SAVED MY LIFE

Melisha Oakleaf-Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Semnrush has been an invaluable tool for our team when it comes to running SEO audits for our clients and our prospective clients. Without Semrush's SEO Audit overviews, we wouldn't have been able to land some of our biggest clients. We are able to show them where on their site there may be deficiencies and how we can go about making them competitive in the organic realm.
I spend quite a bit of time in Semrush when I'm trying to diagnose whether or not a business is a good fit for our services. Prospects are always shocked to see their positioning for high volume discovery search terms, which 9 times out of 10 are pretty poor. I especially like the keyword magic tool which shows what questions are associated with the topic I'm looking into so we can identify which long-tail keywords to target.
It's suitable for any size online business, who wishes to improve its online visibility. It plays a key role in almost every aspect of our daily workflow, whether that be Website auditing for technical errors, position tracking, or backlink and keyword research. The Semrush platform covers so many key areas of my day-to-day business, it's difficult to be more specific and to say it's the Swiss army knife of online marketing.