Score 8.9 out of 10

What is Semrush?

• Keyword analysis (148)
  • Competitive analysis (144)
  • SERP ranking tracking (144)
  • Site audit / diagnostics (144)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Semrush, and make your voice heard!

Pro

Guru

Business

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.semrush.com/prices

Product Demos

Content Marketing Guide for 2021: The Recipe for Success
07:15

Features

SEO

Core features related to search engine optimization

8.4Avg 7.7

SEO Channels

Features related to optimizing your website for specific channels

8.2Avg 7.6

SEO Platform & Account Management

Features related to scalability and integration of the SEO platform

8.6Avg 8.4

What is Semrush?

Semrush is an online visibility management software-as-a-service platform.

With over 55 products, tools and add-ons across online visibility management, including tools for search, content, social media and market research, data for more than 142 countries, seamless integration with Google and task management platforms, Semrush aims to be a critical solution for all companies who are serious about online presence.

Semrush in numbers:

Semrush Demo

Semrush Competitors

Semrush Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Semrush is a relatively popular search engine optimization tool set from the company of the same name based in Pennsylvania and founded in 2008. Largely the platforms relies on competitive intelligence, and features SEO staples like backlink checking, keyword analysis to refine SEO and PPC campaigning and locate low-cost / high-yield keywords, analysis of competitors who co-occupy desired ad and listing spaces, domain vs. domain analysis, as well as site audit and domain tracking. Semrush can be acquired for as little as $69.95 on a monthly basis (with a 7-day money back guarantee in place of a free trial) with the Pro pack, up to $549.95 per month with the Business pack; features and tools are the same across tiers, only usage limits change. Discounts are available for annual subscription. Semrush boasts well-known users, like Forbes, Paypal, Wells Fargo, and many marketing agencies.

Ahrefs, Moz Pro, and SimilarWeb PRO are common alternatives for Semrush.

Reviewers rate Keyword analysis highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Semrush are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Keith Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a trusted CPA who... solves IRS problems.

SEMRush has allowed me to increase my Search Engine Optimization (SEO) over the last 16 months and I knew nothing about SEO when I started.

The proof is in the pudding and I can tell you that my telephone is ringing with QUALIFIED LEADS on a consistent basis now.
  • Position Tracking.
  • Site Audits.
  • Local SEO.
  • Facebook Group is GREAT!
  • I don't like some of the pricing structure especially as it relates to the On-Page SEO Checker.
  • It could use a little more work in the keywords area.
  • The Social Content Poster could be more robust!
There are many tools in the SEO world and I had a subscription to several of them over the last year. In my opinion, this product is well suited for organizations of all sizes, large or small like a one-man band such as myself. I do not know of any scenarios where Semrush would be less than appropriate.
  • Site Audit Tool.
Social SEO
Mobile SEO
Global SEO
10.0
SEO Platform & Account Management (2)
Multi-domain support
10.0
Integration with web analytics tools
10.0
  • It has made my telephone ring with consistency.
  • It has given me more confidence in my marketing and sales process.
  • I feel like that it has brought my business to the point where I am getting more predictable activity and sales.
Semrush provides more value than any other SEO product that I have evaluated. They have a GREAT Facebook group which is invaluable and led by a gentleman named Nicolino Carmosino who works his butt off to see that you are successful and that Semrush works for you like it should work!
All functions of the business.
I am all by myself as far as SEO goes!
  • Content Marketing
  • SEO Toolkit
  • Local Marketing
  • Social Media Calendering and posting
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
  • Product Reputation
The most important factor was Product Usability. Semrush is the only product in my opinion that would allow me to achieve my defined goals effectively, efficiently and satisfactorily
I would not change it at all!
  • Implemented in-house
Change management was minimal
I learned a ton about SEO.
  • Support
I did it by myself and do not have a comment!
  • no training
The product WAS VERY easy to learn without training!! I would recommend this approach to others if they have time because you will be able to learn more about SEO!
This is undoubtedly the most disappointing feature of the product. I have not had a great time with support and have found their Facebook group the best source of support!
I am not sure but I should be getting "premium support" as I paid for the "whole ball of wax" a year's worth in advance.
No I cannot! Like I said Nicolino Carmosino who is the Online Reputation Manager with Semrush and moderates their Facebook group has provided me with the most successful support!
It is a product that is very user friendly! The tutorials, on line materials and mouse over help on the screens make it easy to pick up.
  • Site Audit
  • Instant Banner Generator
  • Local SEO
  • Dealing with Support....They could improve this function.
  • Semrush App Center
Semrush is flexible and scalable software which can be deployed across multiple departments and sites as needed.
Semrush available when you need it!
SemRush performs well with few errors!