Serpstat Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Evan Laird profile photo
Serpstat is used in our weekly and monthly marketing reports specifically for our SEO efforts and tracking our progress. It helps to get detailed reports on our keywords, pages, and how we can improve. It also helps for keyword research and traffic/searches going towards new keywords to determine which ones are best for us to target. The website audit tool is great for technical SEO individuals and web developers.
  • Website Audit Tool is extremely in depth for technical users
  • Easy one-click audit
  • Easy keyword research tool
  • Great for quick SEO reporting on Websites, pages, and keywords
  • PPC stats are always wrong - CPC's, keywords, competitors, etc.
  • More detailed estimated traffic for competitor research
  • Ad previews of ours or competitors are few and far between and usually pretty wrong
Serpstat is great for an SEO team and a cheaper alternative to some competitors. I received Serpstat through an AppSumo deal. It was 100% worth it and I got great use of it over the past few years. I feel Serpstat is better for a technical SEO individual and less for content or SEM marketing individuals.
Read Evan Laird's full review
Gary Shouldis profile photo
Serpstat is our main SEO research tool when conducting keyword and backlink analysis for clients as well as competitors. It is one of our go-to tools for our marketing department. Serpstat has a well-designed dashboard that is easy to navigate and to keep track of the loads of data it outputs for each domain. We can quickly perform website audits using the auditing tool that typically would take several hours with the assortment of tools we used to use.

One of our favorite features in Serpstat is the Content Marketing section where you enter a keyword and Serpstat gives you a list of questions related to that keyword. The perfect tool for creating content around a specific keyword. The all-in-one feature set allows us to use a single app for almost all of our SEO needs.
  • The UI is really clean and laid out in a logical way. Even beginner SEO types will be able to easily find their way around the app.
  • The ability to export data in a variety of different formats makes it very easy to send quick reports to clients or for integrating into larger data sets.
  • Serpstat has a variety of different SEO tools which makes it easy to conduct extensive research on a domain without having to switch to other software.
  • The website auditing tool is fast and thorough and allows to you get a quick snapshot of the SEO health of a domain.
  • While Serpstat has a very comprehensive database, we still find with smaller volume keywords their data can be off or non-existent when we compare the data to competitors.
  • The pricing plans can be stingy with the monthly data allotments, especially when it comes to keyword position tracking.
  • Support can be hit or miss. Sometimes they are fast to respond other times it can take several days for support to get back to you.
If you are looking for an affordable all-in-one SEO tool to manage multiple websites then Serpstat is a great option. It is not the best in category for any one feature, but it offers a wide range of very good SEO tools, all housed in a single app. If you are serious with SEO, this will not be your only tool but it will save you the cost and trouble of managing several different SEO monthly subscriptions for various tools.
Read Gary Shouldis's full review
Sam Lepak profile photo
Serpstat is being used for keyword research for both organic on-page SEO and paid media campaigns. More specifically used within our marketing department that handles all the organic, paid, and earned media. At a high overview we are able to use Serpstat to analyze our competitors' SEO efforts and benchmark them against our own. Some of their underrated features include their Chrome plugin and their backlink analysis.
  • Serpstat has an incredible Chrome extension. It allows us to perform an on-page analysis, domain analysis, and look at on-page SEO parameters. Rather than logging into Serpstat I'm easily able to access and view competitor and our own analytics at a moment's notice.
  • We love using the organic keyword tool to help us track keyword positions over time and benchmark against ourselves and our competitors. These reports also give a dashboard view of all keywords, along with keyword volume, keyword competition, and the average cost per keyword.
  • Being a global company it's important to not only view rankings in the US, but other major countries as well. With Serpstat we are able to view how our website performs all around the world.
  • Being a big PPC marketer, we would love to have keywords that export extremely easily, grouped into clusters, and import well into Google Ads. Otherwise, it only takes a bit of Excel magic to make it happen.
  • The website audit to address latency and other on-page SEO issues is solid... Unless your website is a single-page application. It doesn't recognize page depth nor canonicalization of URLs.
Recently switching domains provided a lot of headaches for our marketing team. However, with Serpstat we were able to locate all our broken links and contact all the editors to be able to update our link. This alone took us from a DR of 25 to 34.

Another practical use was for researching keyword volume for our on-page SEO - title tags and meta descriptions. With Serpstat we were able to determine keywords were worthy of us using in these values.
Read Sam Lepak's full review
Joe Gatto profile photo
I use Serpstat to determine what keyword phrases people search for in relation to our service, and then write LinkedIn posts to answer those questions.
I also use it to help clients see where they can improve their digital marketing & SEO. They appreciate that I have their profit interests in mind & create free/valuable reports for them.
  • I can get detailed data for a low price, and it's a lot better than Google's free data.
  • It doesn't slow down my computer like a browser SEO tool.
  • It shows general search data, not just what Google thinks I want based on my past searches.
  • It provides good tips for content marketing ideas based on search queries.
  • I wish they had a course on how to market an SEO service to businesses & use Serpstat as a tool to make money.
It helps me get ideas for content based on things people are searching for, but that I hadn't thought to write about before. Whenever I need to think of new keywords to target, I can consult it to get ideas of what people are looking for right now. I can also check the SEO reports of competitors.
Read Joe Gatto's full review
Mitch Lee profile photo
I used Serpstat's basic plan for competitive research. Serpstat provides basic data on keywords that a company ranks for, plus more. It solves the problem of manually checking a site's content and guessing what keywords they rank for. Unfortunately, instead of limiting the export of "extra" data, Serpstat limits viewing the data within their interface. This is one big reason why we have opted out of choosing Serpstat as an inhouse tool.
  • Keyword data provided for multiple sites: this is a standard feature in lots of SEO toolsets. It's not the worst, but not the best.
  • Backlink data: the link data is ok, but suffers from the same issue as the keyword data. If you pay for 100 results per report, expect ONLY 100.
  • Rank tracking: the rank tracking is also standard. It does a good job of benchmarking progress.
  • As a complete product, Serpstat stands with other industry tools. Keyword data is good, but again, as someone who purchased a basic plan to demo the product, limited information really turns me away.
  • Compared to other industry tools, Serpstat is literally right in the middle. There doesn't seem to be any differentiation that makes it stand out against Ahrefs or SEMRush. Perhaps something exclusive to Serpstat would make the product more alluring.
  • Share counting doesn't seem too useful, especially as an SEO tool. The content marketing tools are going in the right path, but do not provide enough information to really be useful.
If you are an independent contractor or freelancer, Serpstat might be useful to you for saving on cost. As an industry tool, there are other options that will provide a larger data set with similar cost options. Though Serpstat has the potential to be a great tool, the introductory pricing vs. the value of information leaves a lot to be missed. I recommend checking out other tools before making the decision to purchase Serpstat if you are an agency or inhouse SEO.
Read Mitch Lee's full review
Tim Mack profile photo
On of my biggest pains is identifying where my traffic is coming from, what sites are sending me the link juice, what key words people are using to find me, and what my competitors are using to gain rankings.

I found using Serpstat, I was able to track my keywords which allowed me to generate additional web content based around them, which led to higher rankings. I was able to analyze my competitors web pages, then decide on a marketing campaign to take their positions in the market, then identify which web pages pages were sending me back the best link juice.

Lastly through the use of their site audit system, I was able to find places where I could tweak SEO performance for optimum results.
  • Discovering organic keywords and your search engine position with them.
  • Helping you to discover new keywords to research your business.
  • Helping to track your position with various keywords (so you can see how well your SEO campaign is doing).
  • The daily query limit is sometimes frustrating.
  • For a new person the menu system could be a bit confusing along with terminology, it would be great if there was little help icons next to each selection to help you better understand what they do.
Let's say you have a web page that's not doing too good in rankings. You would login to this application and start to discover competitors and how they're ranking, and what words they are using. Armed with this information, you can start building blog back links, reach out to web pages that are focused around the keyword, and start building a strong inbound link campaign to help propel your site to number one in the search engines.
Read Tim Mack's full review
Dragan Nikolic profile photo
Serpstat is used for tracking overall client SEO performance. Their dashboard makes it easy to see whether we, as a marketing comapny, are doing a good job of increasing the overall search engine visibility for our clients.

Serpstat is really good at analyzing onsite and technical SEO metrics, which is the foundation for every website.
  • Onsite SEO auditing.
  • Technical SEO auditing.
  • Keyword clustering and identifying content opportunities.
  • Offsite SEO.
  • Link Index.
  • UX/UI of the tool.
Serpstat is really good at presenting the overall technical and onsite SEO perfomance of multiple websites and how they change over time. Their index is not as vast as Ahrefs', for example, but they're very enthusiastic when it comes to implementing new features and countries to their index.
Website auditor is top-notch and it's getting new features and upgrades almost every month.
Read Dragan Nikolic's full review

Serpstat Scorecard Summary

Keyword analysis (7)
Backlink management (6)
SERP ranking tracking (7)
Page grader (6)
Competitive analysis (7)
Site audit / diagnostics (7)
Local SEO (7)
Social SEO (5)
6.6
Global SEO (7)
Multi-domain support (6)
Integration with web analytics tools (4)

About Serpstat

Serpstat is an All-in-one SEO platform which provides more than 20 tools: Competitor Analysis, Keyword Research, Backlink Analysis, Site Audit and Rank Tracker and many more. Serpstat is the fastest-growing SEO tool on the market that provides comprehensive search analytics data to more than 300,000 users. With Serpstat you can accomplish way more than you think:
  • Find out what keywords will work best for your projects
  • Analyze your competitors' SEO tactics
  • Identify the best backlink sources
  • Find perfect topic ideas for your content marketing
  • Check your website for SEO errors
  • See how successful websites work with anchors
  • Find out what pages have the highest potential
  • Track the progress of your website on a daily basis in any region
  • Create SEO reports for your clients
  • Track visibility and keyword trends
  • Use our API to create any search analytics tool you may need
Recent integrations:
  • Browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
  • Google Spreadsheets add-on

Has featureMobile SEO
Has featureGlobal SEO
SEO Platform & Account Management Features
Has featureMulti-domain support
Has featureIntegration with web analytics tools
Has featureIn-depth URL Analysis
Has featureSERP Historical Data
Has featureKeywords Grouping by tags
Has featureTree View Keywords Distribution

Serpstat Screenshots

Serpstat Integrations

Google Data Studio, SEO Tools for Excel, Google Sheets, Browser Extension, Key-Collector

Serpstat Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Lite$69per month
Standart$149per month
Advanced$299per month
Enterprise$499per month

Big enterprises have specific demands: aside from our self-service-model we offer specific services to enterprise customers. We’ll find an ultimate solution, that will fit your unique needs and benefit your business. If you would like to learn more, please contact us.

Serpstat Customer Size Distribution