July 10, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
It is being used by many (though not all) hotels to securely and electronically obtain credit card authorizations and ensure the validity of those cards while also protecting the data as it is very sensitive in nature.
- Provides an easy way to send credit card authorizations and receive them without the need for faxing or signatures on real paper.
- Ensures the credit or debit card matches the name and address of the person to which it is issued.
- Tracks digital footprint of the submission of the credit card authorization.
- Still needs improvement in setting permissions for who in the organization can see full credit card numbers.
- Could use additional backup material for disputes with credit card companies.
Read Dave Grorud's full review
It is well suited for individual transactions or a couple of transactions by the same customer. Most customers making numerous purchases at different times still prefer the paper format, given that they do not need to start from scratch each time.