Reviews (1-2 of 2)
February 01, 2018
Score 4 out of 10
We are using ServiceMax for our entire North America team of 200+ field service technicians. Backoffice support and technical support teams are also using it to support field service operations. This unifies us all into one system where a customer can smoothly talk to tech support, open a service call, be scheduled, and have a technician show up on site. The technician can then close the work order and report back into the system the results of the service call, and the call can then be billed out by our ERP system (we are integrated with Oracle).
- The offline sync is very buggy and has many limitations. Recovery of the sync if it fails because of technicalities is in many ways, unrecoverable and unexplainable by the user.
- No integration with Salesforce knowledge articles.
- Support is limited and usually not knowledgeable about their own products.
Read Hans Hong's full review
Small deployments, where you have some specific need for ServiceMax and absolutely need offline capabilities, and are willing to deal with the problems. Otherwise, you may be better off looking at the built-in Work Orders and field service module that Salesforce is now providing. Their app is direct competition for ServiceMax and integrates much better with cases and knowledge articles.
October 27, 2017
Score 5 out of 10
Service Max is being used as the O&M extension to SalesForce. It currently is the platform for creating service tickets and handling the data entry for service tickets. ServiceMax also becomes the basis for accounting and billing from the service ticket information. Future plans are for it to handle inventory.
- ServiceMax easily creates service tickets and tracking information.
- Dispatch console seems slow and the data is more of a pull than a push into the database.
- It seems to be a Ferrari and takes a lot of labor hours to configure.
- Still does not integrate with Apple's products very well.
Read this authenticated review
ServiceMax tends to be for larger organizations that would have an IT department dedicated to integration and development. Reports are not easy to configure and depending on what database table the information resides in, you can not add fields that are not on the same database.
ServiceMax Scorecard Summary
ServiceMax is a cloud based field service management solution that was acquired by GE Digital.
Categories: Field Service Management
Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Required
ServiceMax Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Other|