Reviews (1-3 of 3)
March 03, 2020
It is mainly used by site optimization and user experience teams within our client organizations. In more sophisticated businesses, it can also be used by marketing and analytics teams.
Read Amin Shawki's full review
October 17, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
SessionCam offers heatmap, session recording, error message reporting, funnel stats, and consulting hours for auditing any part of the shopping experience. The recordings allow us to get more data on errors users are experiencing and concrete examples to show our developers. The reports help us narrow down potential conversion roadblocks. The consulting hours have been especially helpful for a third-party audit on the site - we've asked them to review the checkout funnel and navigation, and received thorough feedback which we then implemented to improve conversion.
- They provide a customer struggle score, which predicts the severity of the experience in the recording or page based on recordings. It's not exact but helps to narrow down the mass of data.
- Recording tool is easy to use, fast-forward, skip ahead/backward, etc.
- Consulting hours are helpful for a third-party audit.
- They only did one part of an audit and said they were going to finish it, but never did. I've followed up with the account person and haven't heard back. This is a recent development this didn't happen with 2 other audits they did.
- It has aspects to try and narrow down the data, but it's still a lot of data to parse, so in the end, it still takes a lot of time to truly use it.
Read this authenticated review
SessionCam is great for a small-medium team due to the consulting hours option, but if you're looking to use this on your own for CRO purposes, expect to spend a lot of time parsing data. However, SessionCam is probably easier to use/narrow down problem areas than most other similar platforms.
August 31, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
SessionCam allows us to see what and how users search on our website allowing us to define struggles and therefore to improve the user experience. We use it to watch recorded sessions as well as clicks, mouse movement and page scroll heat maps.
- We can watch recorded sessions and have the same experience as the user
- I can view sessions related to feedback left by the users using another platform
- It gives a good insight in large scale via heatmaps allowing for immediate recognition of what most users are more interested in
- The technical team is quickly available to answer any questions
- All heatmaps and sessions have a good number of filters to explore
- It would be great if the tool had ways to quantify more specific observations
- The struggle is a new tool that will take some time to improve as it is a logarithm and it is learning itself
- The reporting facility is not very easy to understand and it might be able to provide more than what is visible
- The sessions do not record third party tools like live chat, surveys, etc
Read Debora Ramos's full review
SessionCam is very good to identify struggles but requires time and patience to go through each session. It allows us to move the session faster so that we can look for something in particular. Heat maps are a wonderful tool to see where the points of interest are for the user experience (UX) and to focus on different devices. If time is an issue, they do provide consultancy. In general this is a good tool that will help users to not only identify issues for improvement but to understand how the issues affect the user journey which helps when prioritizing changes or tests to put in place on the website.
SessionCam Scorecard Summary
SessionCam is a SaaS based solution that offers a suite of analytics tools including session replay, heat-mapping, conversion funnels and form analytics all designed to allow brands to optimize their website.
Session replay technology enables brands to record customer activity on a site and replay a video-like recording of the interaction. The user see what the customer sees, including where they scroll, where they click, and what they enter into forms. SessionCam's single tag solution will record everything on the website, including all Ajax/dynamic content and field level interaction. Asset versioning means the user sees a true view of exactly what their customer saw on the website. If page assets changes in the future, SessionCam retains a stored view of what the customer saw, NOT a view of the recorded session at the time of playback.
The vendor says that by combining this with the ability to aggregate visitor data, analyze conversion funnels and overlay heat-maps onto key webpages, SessionCam can help users see which areas need changing to improve the customer journey.
SessionCam complements and integrates with the majority of analytics, VoC and A/B testing solutions and offers a real time API for connecting to other systems.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
SessionCam Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SessionCam Technical Details