Score 9.7 out of 10

What is Shoeboxed?

Shoeboxed is an expense report and light business document management application from the company of the same name in Durham, North Carolina featuring receipt capture, mileage tracking, business card management, and more.

2 people want pricing too

What is Expensify?

Expensify enables users to manage expenses, pay bills, send invoices, and book travel. Supports unlimited receipt scanning and mileage tracking to next-day reimbursement, to automate preaccounting systems. - Unlimited receipt scanning: Snap a photo of any receipt and Expensify 's SmartScan…

What is Rippling?

Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. This enables users to manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single…

Shoeboxed Technical Details

Markus Zähringer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Shoeboxed to digitize our customer and vendor relations. As a market platform, contact management is a crucial element for our business success
  • Hassle free ways to submit (mobile, snail mail, etc.) with virtually no workload for us
  • Digitalizing business cards to facilitate contact management
  • Categorizing of receipts to make them searchable
  • The only thing I can think of is when e.g. a contact at a vendor changes, I'd like the old one to be marked as outdated or even better be prompted if I want to replace the contact.
For larger enterprises there may be enough room to provide an in-house solution but we as a start-up need to focus on our core tasks and to have help with admin tasks is incredibly valuable for us.
  • Countless hours saved on admin work
  • Higher accuracy of transactions recorded
We felt we got more customized support through Shoeboxed and pricing was competitive.
Rachel Walter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Shoeboxed takes care of all our financial “back office” - it is basically my virtual bookkeeper: I can send all of our bills and receipts and forms to them (with my mobile phone or simply in an envelope), they will scan them and post them to an online account. From there I can search and find receipts and export them to QuickBooks.
  • Scans all my documents for me
  • Multiple ways to send receipts in - from my phone, email, via mail, etc
  • Can invite multiple users
  • Integrations into Quickbooks, Evernote, etc.
  • I had some issues with the mobile app in the past - where it crashes or gets stuck uploading. I think they fixed most of that, however, I transitioned to simply mailing my documents off to them.
I'm not sure how Shoeboxed can be used in a large organization, but for our small business, it is perfect. I'm the only one who deals with our finances and works with our accountant and for that Shoeboxed is simply my lifesaver and worth so much more for not just all the time it saves me but all the worries and headaches too.
  • It saves me, I would say, at least 2-3 hours each week
  • We probably generate 'better' tax returns - more deductions and save on our accountant in the process, since they have everything perfectly prepped