April 27, 2020
Score 5 out of 10
I use Shortlist every day to manage our freelance vendors. We have thousands of vendors across the country in every major city and all states. We use shortlist as our payment system and as our project management system for these vendors. Shortlist allows us to collect bids in the same location that we pay our vendors based on their bid/project amount, and also provide them with the project details all in a single linked system. The ability to have all those very different pieces live under one digital roof is helpful.
- Managing payments.
- Managing year-end tax documents.
- Allowing for minor customization to profiles and platform.
- Shortlist only allows for minor customizations to their platform. It would be great if each company could create their own view/usage set for the system.
- The help chat box needs some work for sure. It takes days for someone to respond if they ever respond and often there is nothing they can do to remedy the issue at hand.
- Payments should be able to be made every day, not just on Fridays.
Read this authenticated review
We haven't found another system that can do all that Shortlist can do (payments, tax paperwork, profile management, project management, on-boarding, etc...) but it doesn't mean we always love using Shortlist. Shortlist is cumbersome to work in and requires LOTS of redundant clicking. Something as simple as being able to right-click to open on any profile/page/account/link would save hours in a week where as now to get to two side-by-side items on some lists, you have to click back a page, re-load, and scroll down to select the next option. I appreciate that Shortlist manages all the tax paperwork and has created for us a on-boarding system that flows nicely and allows multiple team members to manage their piece of the process.