- Seamless interaction across multiple departments.
- The software allows you to create a very high level of control and organization within your engineering staff. This reduces the companies mistakes and maximizes productivity.
- The software makes it very easy to track your product through every phase of the production cycle.
- Speaking from experience with NX, each revision seems to be focused more on the layout of icons as compared to the functionality of the features.
- Features within NX that have been used for years are no longer being used as a result of new revisions. Doesn't make a lot of sense to the end user. It would be nice to know what the reason is on a much larger scale (ie large customer recommendation?)
How many departments will be using the product?
How does each department or area within any given company work with or rely on each other? You have to know or be able to create a streamlined approach to doing work for the PLM software to really work. The software adds a lot of necessary structure.