Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SilkRoad Onboarding, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SilkRoad Onboarding is a component of the SilkRoad Life Suite platform designed for enterprise-level organizations. Onboarding features 3 core component areas-
Offers- these features automate the offer workflow for streamlining the signing process. It also digitizes the signing process, and intends to be integratable with third-party applicant tracking systems and onboarding solutions.
Mergers & Acquisitions- Onboarding emphasizes capabilities to manage mergers and acquisitions process. In particular, SilkRoad advertising retention during transition and maintaining compliance paperwork.
Offboarding- SilkRoad Onboarding also includes functionality to offboard personnel, including automating paperwork and the broader offboarding workflow. The module is intended to help maintain morale while retaining assets and limiting liability. The module also triggers succession plans to replace offboarding personnel.
- Database of current and past applicants
- Tracking of applicant correspondence
- Ability to indicate applicant eligibility for job, for future reference
- Posting of jobs is a bit cumbersome
- Formatting in text fields could be cleaner for posting purposes
- It keeps online forms available for review when necessary.
- It keeps track of tasks required to complete the new hire process.
- We're unable to write custom reports -- this requires the services of a software company.
- There are limited options to customize the user interface.
- Ability to email and assign tasks to teams across the organization, so we are prepared for the employee's first day.
- It provides consistent onboarding, so new hires can access information and become familiar with our organization before their first day.
- Ideally there would be a job description connected for a new hire learning plan.
- Transitions for existing employee role changes can be difficult to manage.
- Ability to customize tasks and notifications.
- Looks great for candidates.
- Automates tasks to alleviate administrative burden.
- Could have better training available for admin users.
- Red Carpet is very good for complex organizations as you can set up as many or as few workflows as needed.
- It is a very flexible tool so it can be leveraged for all levels of role and be customized for your organizational structure.
- Very stable system - no outages; maintenance downtime; etc.
- They have made major improvements to the user interface while we have been a customer but still have some work to do in this space.
- On the employee onboarding portal; some of the functionality could be more robust (ie: Broader Font Library; more customizable skin).
- Automated I-9s - worry-free processing and Everify
- Work flow for management of documents that several users may need to see - keeps you organized
- The date fields can use some better functionality - just a minor needed improvement but it seems to cause trouble for those not used to working on a computer, they don't know how to use the calendar drop down.
- In the beginning we had a lot of trouble with different browsers, that seems to be improving.
- Customizable onboarding experience for different types of employees is easy
- Employee view is very much like a RED CARPET experience
- With a proper process everything can easily be maintained in one portal... this is all dependent on how well you set your individual settings for your company
- Security access
- Very streamlined
- Candidates/New Hires love it.
- Gives users a clear picture via the dashboard as to where all aspects of the on-boarding are, especially to ensure everything is set for the new hire's first day.
- The back-end set up is a little hard to follow and could be displayed better.
- Task Automation
- User Friendly (easy to use!)
- Uniformity and consistency for all new hires
- The form builder tool is not super intuitive - especially as it pertains to creating and inserting lists for drop-down questions.
- Employee Task Management: Red Carpet provides a customized welcome portal and system for task management, based upon each employee's location, role, department, etc. It allows the organization to build chronological tasks to complete on the front end, which seamlessly flows through as each are completed.
- Streamlined Process: During the development process, it causes the employer to re-think its current onboarding process, forms, reason and timing for completing tasks, etc. This results in not only creation of electronic forms, but also an improved overall process.
- Monitors workflow: Through visible tasks/colors on the back end, as well as reporting features, HR administrators and Managers/Supervisors can easily see where each employee is in their new hire process. Quickly view what tasks remain incomplete, as well as if an individual/team is causing a delay in the process.
- Creation and changes to eForms require completion of a detailed spreadsheet (which can be cumbersome and complicated), also with potential costs associated. It would be ideal to be able to make the form (or potential changes) in Word and forward to the team for creation or change.
- The task workflow and dependency/hierarchy tree can be confusing. Visually it is not appealing or easy to look at and understand, which also caused more time during the development phase. Seems that it could be more user-friendly.
- Significant number of fields and specifications required to create each task, notification, etc. This should be simplified.
- Notifications, document library and other features are not user-friendly. Hard to remember how to get to the correct notification, form/document and then edit, create, etc. Needs to be simplified.
- RedCarpet is easily configurable by the functional owner, so you don't need to put in a ticket to have something changed.
- RedCarpet has a really smooth I-9 and E-Verify process. Implementing this new process has been the biggest win for us with the product as a whole.
- RedCarpet has a forms library that is constantly updated with the latest state tax forms, which is really helpful for us.
- RedCarpet does not allow you to "un-cancel" an onboarding event. So if you need to re-start it, you have to start from scratch and then customize the task list for that new hire so they don't repeat tasks they've already completed.
- There tend to be periods where there's either an issue with DHS's server or possibly RedCarpet's integration with DHS where you can't submit the E-Verify request. However, when this happens we just put in a ticket and RedCarpet is usually able to resolve the issue pretty quickly.
- The one part I'd like to have visibility to, but can't see or configure is the permission list assigned to teams (roles). This can be a problem if a team is assigned more/less access than they need, and as an administrator, you have no ability to see what the permission list is that's assigned to a particular role.
- Records Retention
- Outlines all tasks to new hire in one place
- Easy access to information for your new hires
- Reopening canceled events
- It tracks the progress of the consultant's online paperwork on your dashboard. You will be able to see what tasks have been completed.
- Its very computer friendly. Never heard a complaint about not being able to access the site.
- Maybe in the state tax forms when working and living in a different state, some auto populate fields when onboarding New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
- Adding a task can be tricky as well. It is hard to locate the proper task you are looking for in the list. The list needs to be more user friendly.
- Web portal with informational pages on our company, specific location and benefits.
- Task management piece integrates both the new hire paperwork and internal administrative tasks for the onboarding process.
- The web portal pages can only be tied to one category, would be helpful if we could tie to a few similar to the task management piece.
- RedCarpet is a great system for notifications. It will let you and the employee know if there are items that still need to be completed.
- RedCarpet is very handy for getting a headstart on paperwork that needs to be completed and stores it all in one place. It's very easy to access completed paperwork and print it out if necessary.
- RedCarpet is user friendly from the employee side. It's easy to use and navigate through the tabs and task lists.
- Tech support is one major issue. We have problems with single sign on and silkroad is not very good with response time or keeping us posted on if they are working on our issue.
- RedCarpet won't let us set up the talent portal at a later time. This causes some issues and confuses our new employees on how to access the onboarding portal.
- Once we switch an employee over to single sign on, they are no longer able to access or complete any tasks.
- We have to send out lists of compatible browsers with our welcome emails as not all people have chrome and will have to download it in order to even login and use RedCarpet.
- Workflow Setup is very easy to do. Follow simple instructions to set up tasks to be assigned to various personnel and/or teams. It is easy to edit the workflow later as well if you want to make changes.
- The portal is very user friendly and visually appealing. I believe the portals in RedCarpet are the best part of any SilkRoad product. You can really do anything in the portal, and it creates a great interface for new hires to interact with and learn about the company and access documents.
- Ability to use it for other purposes beyond onboarding. We have a workflow for Offboarding terminated employees. We also have a one for other employee changes. You can use RedCarpet for anything where a workflow is necessary, which makes it very useful for an HR department.
- Ability to play vidoes and display many media types. The portal is wonderful because it is very interactive. I can place videos in the portal, or link to videos outside of the site on outside website, like our company page for example.
- E-verify in RedCarpet. We no longer need to manually complete I9 forms and submit them ourselves at everify online. We now just complete them electronically in RedCarpet, and they are automatically submitted to E-Verify once the form is completed.
- Forms Library - we can store all company documents and policies for associates to access
- I am working with them right now to clarify some issues with E-Verify. While we love how it functions, we are curious as to how to access already verified cases online. Or what would happen if we were to ever move away from RedCarpet...how can we access our e-verify data? Currently, they do not have an answer to this. An area of improvement would be providing us with the login information to access whatever they are sending to e-verify in case we ever need to access it ourselves.
- Cost for changes and E-forms. They will try and charge for everything possible after going live, so make sure you get as much done during implementation as possible. E-forms (typically about $500 for extra ones) can get costly, so try to think of ways to combine forms. For example, we created a multiple acknowledgement form so the associate only signs one e-form, but reviews about 8 PDF policies. This helped cut costs drastically.
- RedCarpet cannot differentiate between week days and weekends. This can get frustrating because it will send reminders and emails out over the weekend, so an employee could return to their desk on Monday with a bunch of reminders that piled up over the weekend. They should improve it to recognize not to send out tasks over the weekend.
- All required tasks are listed with due dates to promote timeliness.
- System sends periodic emails to remind you of status changes, such as new employee added, tasks are due or overdue, notes from other users.
- New employees can do tasks prehire from home to reduce the amount of paperwork/training to do once they arrive.
- I have seen when a task is listed twice with different dates. System didn't recoginze the duplicate and still notified you to do the task even though you have signed it off previously.
- When listing employees it always lists starting with the oldest. I always have to reverse the sort order. I would prefer the newest to show first since they are the ones I am currently working on.
- Streamlined process for onboarding- all of the forms are kept in the same place
- The interface looks nice so it is a great first impression for new hires
- Easy for employers to send to new hires
- The implementation of RedCarpet was a long process. It was difficult for someone without a technical background to work on it with limited help from the RedCarpet team.
- There is limited customization of the product.
- Once your site goes live all questions have to go through RedCarpet Support. They are very slow in getting back to you so it is frustrating when there is an immediate issue.