Reviews (1-9 of 9)
January 17, 2020
Our whole organization uses SimpleTexting. We use it daily to remind clients of their appointments and two to three times a week to reach out to people we haven't been able to reach via phone. We also use it to alert clients of upcoming program and service offerings and reset appointments when clients have missed them.
- Easy to use.
- Great interface.
Read Megan Eilenberger's full review
We have suggested it to all affiliates of Dress for Success. There are over one hundred and fifty affiliates of Dress for Success, which is a nonprofit, across the globe and we have recommended it to all affiliates. However, our affiliate is moving to use Salesforce and I will be looking for a free SMS interface and hoping that SimpleTexting will work.
November 19, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
SimpleTexting is being used as a way to communicate and send offers to our customers. The Marketing department manages the use of it, the offers, the scheduling, etc.
- SimpleTexting is easy to use. Multiple users can access the dashboard and send texts and manage contacts
- We have had great success running multiple promotions at once by using different keywords to trigger various offers. For example, one keyword will trigger a free service, and another keyword will trigger a discount off product or service.
- Simpletexting lets us segment our list which is extremely helpful in sending out market specific offers
- It would be nice to have more characters to use in the body of the text.
Read Kim Allen's full review
It is well suited for a general overall customer base. Although we can segment a little by geographical area, we cannot segment based on individuals.
May 20, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
SimpleTexting gives us the functionality we need to send mass text messages to any segment of our population that we need to send specific communications to. We can send out links, forms, and surveys to get any kind of information we need. We can also use fields like First Name to send personalized messages to our recipients. It is a fast and easy way to send out information to large groups of people.
Read Jared Lyda's full review
SimpleTexting is great if you want, as the name suggests, simple mass texting capabilities. It isn't too complicated, it's easy to use, and it does what it advertises. The number for people to sign up is easy to remember (555888) and it's easy to set simple keywords. If you're looking for something more robust with all sorts of nuanced capabilities, this may still work but you may want to look somewhere else.
February 27, 2019
We utilize SimpleTexting as a mass and niche marketing tool. In order to obtain information regarding visitors to our church, we set up a short-code which allows for immediate contact with those individuals. Additionally, we have created subscriber lists and offer updates to various ministries within our church. We've found it's a much more effective method of communication for many of our members and guests; especially with younger generations.
- SimpleTexting provides excellent value based on their messaging packages but also by allowing its customers to utilize multiple keywords. This is helpful for our organization because we utilize this software across many different departments.
- SimpleTexting analytics and reporting is a key strength of the software. The numbers they report weigh heavily on what we determine as a success of un-successful communication campaign.
- SImpleTexting has excellent customer service available at the click of a button. Their team has always been available and offered solutions when we have had questions or run into a problem.
- Upon initial setup, it would have been great to have had a template or mock campaign to walk through to fully understand where everything lies within the UI. It took trial and error to find what works but it would have been great to eliminate some of that time.
- The terminology can become a little confusing. The differences between lists & subscribers often give our team a little confusion.
- The scalability feature can be improved. There are some months when we have had to adjust our subscription based on our needs. Upon doing so, we were charged for the new month when our current billing cycle had not completed. It would be great to allow users to scale up and down based on their billing cycle rather than initiate the change immediately.
Read Tanner Vines's full review
We primarily are communicating with other churches or organizations in the same field. We are often asked about our texting software and it is easy to recommend SimpleTexting to those organizations. Because we have implemented it across different departments, we are able to show them multiple ways to use the software. Where we have found it to be less appropriate is if an organization is wanting to use it for one-on-one communication. I feel as if SimpleTexting is more appropriate to communicate to the masses.
Across our small business, we utilize SimpleTexting to let over 700+ fitness boutique studio owners know of retail lookbook releases put together by our team of professionals. Not only do we give a brief introduction that the lookbook is live -- we also include a link within the text for clients to directly follow to preview the lookbook. We do this in conjunction with sending out a mass email through MailChimp but find it to be of quicker access if someone sees a link via text.
Read Kelly Fischer's full review
We have tried other paid subscription texting services and SimpleTexting is the winner as it doesn't lag, works fluidly, + overall is the best option.
February 27, 2019
SimpleTexting is being used on numerous of our onsite marketing campaigns to deliver potential users rewards for engaging with our platform. The tool is mainly used by our events coordination team and marketing team. SimpleTexting allows us to have users review our platform on their mobile device and all they need to do is enter a SMS shortcode to access our surveys.
- The User Interface is incredibly easy to use and figure out.
- I reached out to their service team for new strategies and tactics. They were always to help me with my company's campaigns.
- Setup takes seconds!
- I wish SimpleTexting provided better recommendations to SMS shortcode recommendations. Many that I looked up were already taken.
- I wish SimpleTexting informed me better when people texted me back to the SimpleTexting account.
Read Tedi Shipcka's full review
I needed to onboard multiple new users on our platform at the same time in a simple way that was mobile friendly and provided analytics back to me when someone opted out, never engaged or responded back. SimpleTexting did all of this very easily!
February 27, 2019
Our organization uses SimpleTexting to send alerts out to our subscribers. We are faith-based, so when we have an issue that we'd like prayer for we send out a text to our subscribers letting them know what the issue is. All of the staff has login access to our account so that anyone can send an alert as needed.
- SimpleTexting provides an easy to use dashboard that lets you see everything at a glance. Whether you want to send out a new message or see who has responded to previous messages, it's all there on the dashboard.
- If you get stuck there is a chat box right on the screen to help walk you through any issues you might have.
- The analytics are simple but helpful to see how the text campaigns are being received. You can see how many messages were sent, if there were any responses, and if anyone chose to opt-out.
- I have not come across any areas that need improving yet.
Read Michaela Matjeka's full review
SimpleTexting is well suited for scenarios where you want to get a message to everyone quickly but don't want to send an email. It is also great for information that is maybe more confidential in nature where you don't want it on social media.
We are currently using SimpleTexting as a means to communicate updates and reminders to a portion of our church congregation members (the English-speaking department within a Korean immigrant church). We currently don't have the capacity to sustain an email newsletter system, so mass-texting has been a workaround solution in sending pertinent updates.
- Simple, user-friendly interface.
- Clear and straightforward billing/subscription model.
- Web/embed integrations can be more fleshed out in terms of customization; I often feel limited in the way I can use the integrations and add-ons which deters me from using them at all.
Read this authenticated review
Of the other mass-text marketing solutions I've looked into, I would certainly recommend SimpleTexting above the rest due to its simplicity (in use and cost). Even for non-profits, I feel like pricing is reasonable and affordable enough. For churches specifically, it would be great to see integrations with existing church management systems (CRMs) such as Planning Center which would certainly increase the appeal.
February 27, 2019
We are an app developer who uses SimpleTexting to drive app downloads. It is used within the account management and marketing departments to help provide a simple way for potential app users to text a shortcode to get a link to an app download. Before SimpleTexting, we had to describe to potential users how to find the app in the App/Play Stores and just hope they were able to follow instructions, which wasn't an ideal situation. We could also provide download links on social media or in emails, but poor email read rates, and hard-to-predict social media engagement rates often meant that links were never seen. People are comfortable with SMS and find it a much easier method to use, as evidenced by our higher conversion rates.
- Simple keyword creation process. I can have a new keyword set up in less than a minute.
- Robust analytics for reviewing and monitoring open and conversion rates. We can get detailed reports on subscribers, opt-outs, keywords, web forms, and more.
- Easy method for embedding web forms in to websites and landing pages. This comes in handy in situations where we want people to be able to send a download link to their phone because they are on a desktop and can't download the app directly to their phone.
- Overall platform is very straight-forward and easy to use.
- SimpleTexting has provided everything we've needed for successful SMS marketing. We wish we could utilize one shortcode instead of two, but the shortcode that had less keywords already reserved was not available in Canada, so we didn't really have a choice but to begin balancing two shortcodes. That's not really ST's fault, though.
Read this authenticated review
SimpleTexting is well-suited for quickly and easily getting links or simple information in to people's hands. It wouldn't be as suited for getting large amounts of information to people since you're limited on how many characters you can have in a text, but that can be solved by sending links to a landing page or website.
SimpleTexting Scorecard Summary
SimpleTexting is an SMS marketing and text messaging service from the company of the same name headquartered in Miami Beach.
Categories: Mobile Marketing
SimpleTexting Technical Details