February 25, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
SimScale is used within our Mechanical Engineering group. We don't use CFD that often, so it was not possible to justify the expensive software packages that exist. SimScale has been a perfect fit for our company. We are able to resolve design iterations in the software to minimize our physical prototypes.
- It's an online software so you can use any PC with an internet connection.
- Select up to 96 cores (this number keeps increasing) to run simulations.
- Superior collaboration with simulation experts at SimScale.
- Learning from tutorials is great, but limiting. The online help is a must.
- Some simulations take a lot of time, but at least it's not on your PC.
- Sometimes the software times out due to the server.
Read John T. Winter's full review
SimScale has a quick learning ramp. This is due to the excellent staff at SimScale. I've had interns in their 2nd year of a BSME degree pick this program up and solve some difficult incompressible flow simulations. They love it and I love that we can iterate so quickly on a tool that doesn't stop their other design work. We can run a simulation and get back to designing in CAD. We get notified when the simulation is done. It's great! Give it a try for free and see for yourself.