- Uploading multiple ads in bulk
- It's pretty easy to use from an ad serving standpoint, with functionality being intuitive, a lot of great reporting features.
- The creative showcase is a good place for learning and finding resources for when it comes to HTML5 builds
- User Interface is dated and clunky
- Learning Curve is steeper than Google's Doubleclick and requires packaging ads differently
- Sizmek is user-friendly--there are help guides easily available
- Sizmek has great customer service--dedicated account team to support questions
- Export function should export files in a smaller Excel size
- An online walk-through for beginners
- Sizmek makes trafficking ads and pulling reporting seamless.
- Sizmek has knowledgable and responsive account reps.
- Sizmek provides very granular reporting.
- Sizmek's trading desk was a total miss when I tested it a few years ago.
- I briefly used Abakus and did not find it intuitive, accurate or helpful. It has a long way to go before it can compete with the likes of VisualIQ.
- Easy Dashboard Navigation - Search bar allows user to quickly locate details about any campaign
- Insightful Analytics Tools - Platform provides users customizable graphs to leverage for reporting presentations
- Extensive Reporting Metrics - Ability to pull ad performance reports on all aspects of campaign
- Simple Creative Hosting - Easy upload and path location details for creative files
- Ability to reformat a placement - Sizmek doesn't allow you to change from inbanner to tracking only if needed.
- Simplified creative assignments - Sizmek will create complicated ad ID system when setting up groups
- Easier bulk creative uploads - Sizmek requires a template to upload multiple files
If a campaign becomes more intricate such as including video or building rich media, Sizmek does not offer the best tools and ease of use as some competitors
- Allowing customization of automated reports which can be tailored towards individual partners.
- Reporting is easy to read and provides great detail.
- "Campaign Monitor" is amazing at providing real time performance.
- We should have the ability to put multiple KPIs on our reports.
- There should be cohesive transparency between both agency and publisher's reportings. This issue causes us to sometimes depend on our publisher's numbers.
- Smart Planning - this is the tool that provides a process for RFPs, Proposals, and Final IO issuance. This tool was great not only to facilitate these processes, but housed all of these documents on a platform that anyone can view at a later date, prevented errors, and cut time in evaluation and implementation
- Reporting - the reporting interface is very user friendly and can pull whatever you need. The export is easily made into a pivot as opposed to being formatted, and made our analytics timeline more client-appeasing
- Support - the Sizmek support team is AMAZING! Very responsive, helpful, and timely.
- Making changes to existing/live placements can be difficult, but I don't think this can be avoided in any ad server
Sizmek Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Sizmek is the rather extensive eponymous advertising / marketing platform from the company of the same name recently formed and gone public as a separate entity from its former body (Digital Generation, Inc, or DG) in 2014.
It's focus is on broadness: it is meant for advertisers and agencies wishing to manage an omnichannel campaign, reaching out via multiple channels and media for complex and far-reaching advertising campaign management, from search engine to mobile-device, joining paid search with native display advertising in one platform. Concomitant with the breadth of its outreach capabilities are its analytics, which are dedicated to comparing performance across channels and devices for campaign fine-tuning and optimization.
Sizmek is a global product with customers worldwide; it is an enterprise level product
Sizmek Technical Details