SketchUp Review

December 20, 2021
I'm a designer for my organization and use SketchUp to design the work for different use cases on 3D software and interior design.

Great for 3D modeling of dams!

February 24, 2020
We use SketchUp for building our 3D models of new and existing dams. It’s used in the final stage of building our 3D dam models, where we …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2019

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SketchUp, and make your voice heard!

Free

per year

For Schools (free with G Suite or Microsoft education account)

$0

For Students

per year

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.sketchup.com/plans-and…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $119 per year

What is SketchUp?

SketchUp is 3D modeling software with an emphasis on usability. SketchUp is a Trimble product.

SketchUp Video

Sketchup Demo

SketchUp Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows

How much does SketchUp cost?

SketchUp starts at $119.

What is SketchUp's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.

Who uses SketchUp?

The most common users of SketchUp are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Architecture & Planning industry.

Continued improvement over time. Simple program with few technical issues. Massive community support, including plugins for out-of-the-box limitations, that can be downloaded through an integrated extension warehouse.
Sketchup is so intuitive; I can't recall ever looking for official support. However, there are many user forums online that can answer more questions. The usefulness of the online forums is, however, tempered by the fact that there have been many versions of the software under different ownership and support regimes, and thus finding the right information for the right version of the software can be a challenge.
We can easily find the tutorials, plugins, and 3D models from the warehouse or on the internet. Most of the models are free to use and there are many free useful plugins that we can use to make our work more smooth. Some new tools for SketchUp are very convenient for users.
Nathan Bowman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've never had to use their official support - just the forums and online materials, but those have been of middling help. Frequently I'm stymied by either a lack of functionality or the requirement to use 3rd party plugins to do what I want if I want to try to do something fancy or complicated with SketchUp - and the attitude from their support seems to be "yeah, that's how it is." I also have tried to reach out when something broke - like when the model warehouse was removed from our version, and I did not hear back. I think you have to be relatively self-sufficient if you need something more than the basics from SketchUp.
Mohit Prasad | TrustRadius Reviewer
Customer support is excellent, they are prompt and give you a proper solution for your problem. But as the software is so easy to use you do not require the support. Go on YouTube and search for your problem and it is solved in minutes. Great forums also help me in case I get stuck somewhere.
Oral Tosun | TrustRadius Reviewer
SketchUp has an excellent support team. But the software's capabilities are suitable for other industries rather than 3D printing. There are not many things to do with the support team. SketchUp's nature is not suited well for the 3D printing industry. I give it this rating because SketchUp's internal support team is excellent; there are a sufficient amount of user forums and groups for SketchUp.