Skillport Reviews

January 29, 2020
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skillport is one of the continuing education platforms our organization has invested in for admin employees. While taking courses is not mandatory, our company offers the platform for departmental and team discretion. My workgroup has set yearly goals during strategy deployment for each member in the areas of growth determined by the team. Additionally, I have used Skillport to research audio, video, or text-based courses on my own in order to learn about a variety of topics relating to my personal and professional work.
  • Skillport offers a rather extensive range of topics for both personal and professional growth.
  • Skillport lessons are multi-channel and cater to a variety of learning styles.
  • Skillport's user interface is relatively dated compared to many of its competitors.
  • While the content library is large, much of the content appears to have come from at least 5-10 years ago.
The platform does a good job of offering a content offering fit for the needs of the business. My organization can select the learning courses that are offered in order to fit with the people and technologies we serve. The courses are structured well enough for users to pick up where they left off and in a way that enables them to listen or engage while performing work. The content itself allows individuals to learn technologies and concepts important to the professional world. I would say Skillsoft is best suited for individuals to choose their own learning path and to engage with the content that is suited for them. I would say it is less likely that users would actively engage with content if it was mandatory. Therefore, I would recommend managers put a lot of thought into the strategy they have for Skillsoft.
As one of the larger learning platforms in the market, Skillport receives additional content fairly regularly. This is something that is definitely necessary within the continuing education community. However, much like educational textbooks, changes do happen in the world that requires content to be updated and revised. This is where I believe Skillport has the most opportunity for growth. A best-in-class continuing education solution needs to remain up to date with the modern workforce in order to continually push boundaries and engaging users. Overall, I think Skillport does a great job of providing a platform for others to learn and succeed.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
February 03, 2020
It is used by the entire organization. It has been used for mandatory training and is also used for voluntary training. Skillport allows users to search for specific topics and enroll in various courses.
  • Wide selection of training courses.
  • Easy to use.
  • N/A
I think it is a great tool for knowledge expansion. I like that there are various lengths of trainings, some that can be completed in under an hour and some with greater detail.
I haven't had the need to engage customer support.
October 22, 2019
Skillport is being used across the whole organization as our hosting platform for all aspects of company-wide training. Every employee here has access to Skillport where they see general training modules and also personalized ones that only they or their department might be required to take. It addresses the issue of hosting various types of workplace training and gives us a way to host them all in one place that is accessible and specific to each user.
  • Good capability to host all kinds of training types (PDF, Powerpoint, captivate-created training content, etc.)
  • Gives an easy way for me as an administrator to track completion of the training content through the reporting feature
  • Easy to add and remove users to certain training groups as needed
  • SCORM compliance compatibility with Adobe Captivate projects is sometimes difficult to get right. Projects sometime shows as half completed when they should be tracking as fully
  • I would like to see more kinds of reporting templates that can show more specific data to how a user has accessed a training project
  • Not a huge issue, but Skillport does take about 24 hours sometimes to track completion of training content
It is well suited in pretty much all aspects of our training here since it supports all of our training content types. It allows us to easily host and remove training content as we need. Every employee takes their required training through Skillport. I can't really think of scenarios where it isn't appropriate for us; we use it daily with all users.
Me and my other employees frequently reach out to support to address issues and they always help us in a timely manner. They are willing to work with you to solve and issue and are always available for help at any time. We haven't run into any instances where our problems didn't get solved.
March 20, 2018
Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skillport is used across the entirety of our organization, and it is what we use for employees to be trained for our annual (and specialty) trainings. I use Skillport several times a year, and it is managed by our HR department. There are a lot of individuals who work for our organization, so it is helpful for training several thousand people and tracking that.
  • Skillport is good at sending reminders for training and when your training is overdue.
  • Skillport is accessible, and you can view all of your trainings on one page.
  • Skillport is fairly intuitive for the user, which is good because it is utilized across a wide range of abilities.
  • I've had issues in the past when I have completed a training, but it doesn't show up that it is completed.
  • I think Skillport could be more visually pleasing.
I think Skillport is definitely good for large organizations that need to train large amounts of people. If an organization is doing a lot of "mandatory" trainings that don't necessarily need to be done in person (i.e. hand washing training, trainings on federal laws, etc) it would be good.
Read Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH's full review
March 09, 2018
Skillport was the product our organization standardized on for e-learning solutions for our clients. One global client was looking to implement a learning solution that could be available to all locations, no matter the country or the language. They required tracking, ability to self-pay, reporting, multi-language and multi-platform support. It was managed by their corporate location in the US. This was the perfect solution and we were able to customize the dashboards, reports, and tracking mechanisms to ensure success. It had the necessary content for the end users and the languages they required. Skillport even worked with a pricing strategy that could be consistent among the disciplines.

• It's interactive and the content is interesting. There are examples and scenarios that allow almost a 'choose your own adventure feel'. I was able to teach an instructor lead class with one of the modules and try different scenarios to see the outcome.
  • The testing component was very helpful to gauge understanding and progress.
  • The ability to start and stop made it useful to people working and learning.
  • More content... always more content
  • Maybe a little better search system for specific courses
  • Nothing...it was great!
It is very helpful in a corporate learning environment. If you are a large company and can customize it - its great. If you are a small company and can utilize a reseller - its great too. Its likely going to be less effective in a really small organization - but maybe not. It might be just the ticket!

Course authoring (3)
Course catalog or library (3)
Player/Portal (3)
Learning content (3)
Mobile friendly (2)
Progress tracking & certifications (2)
6.6
Assignments (3)
Compliance management (3)
Learning administration (3)
Learning reporting & analytics (3)
Social learning (2)

What is Skillport?

Skillport is a corporate-focused learning management software solution offered by Skillsoft.

Skillport Technical Details