December 28, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
Skyward is being used across the organization (6 schools) to hold student and family information and document discipline issues, as well as track attendance, uniform, breakfast/lunch, and student grades.
- It's a helpful way to hold and organize a large database of information. This is helpful when working at a school with a large number of students and when there is a need to pull up one specific student and see all of their information, past and present, in one place.
- Helpful way to organize and track student and staff meal purchases.
- Easy to track student grades and post comments about student performance.
- Confusion when it comes to student grades- sometimes there are two different letter grades for a student for what is posted as "TR1" and "PR1." How does a teacher know which of these grades will be posted to a student's report card? How does a teacher know what the student's actual grade is for a particular course?
- Switching between the Educator Access Plus and Student Management tabs can be complicated, especially for those new to the system. Why can't everything be in one place?
- I recognize that Skyward logs out after a certain period of inactivity to preserve privacy of users, but is there a way to change those settings so that Skyward does not log out as frequently? It is difficult to keep having to log back in completely again.
Read Liz Swarczewski's full review
Skyward is useful at an administrative level to track whole-school student data such as attendance, uniform, and tardy students, but it might be updated to be more user-friendly for teachers in not having to switch between multiple tabs to take attendance, check in student meals, and update student grades.