Skyward, headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, offers the Skyward Student Management System, a k-12 student information system which provides classroom tools (e.g. gradebook, attendance tracking, etc), Family Engagement tools with portal, as well as admin and student services task management.Review of Skyward by a Teacher who uses it daily!We have approximately 1,200 students in our student body at our school. We use it as a database for all of the kids in the county. It provides a standard way for all teachers and administrators to access student schedules, grades, discipline records, referrals, and contact information in a central location. We are able to see where students are at and records can be connected for siblings. It is an extremely effective and useful tool at the teacher level, school level, and district level. We have been very pleased with its implementation in our school district and constantly get positive feedback about its effectiveness. However, in addition to just using it at the school level - its interface allows students and families to access the network as well for their own child. Parents can go in and check grades, see direct messages from teachers, check for missing assignments, etc. It's been very useful for all of us.,It allows a family-friendly interface that connects the teachers, school and parents to share information about assignments and grades with current and real-time updated information. It allows schools to be able to connect siblings in families by showing where other children within the same family are located. It allows a messaging option so that teachers can communicate with parents and guardians and students of multiple classes all at the same time. It allows multi-class grading that helps teachers be able to implement assignments that apply to more than one class but not all.,I would love to see teachers have a more user-friendly dashboard for each student where there were icons/buttons that could be pushed to take you to that student's IEP, grades, etc. It's all on a sidebar now, but some thing you have to do a few click-thru's to get to. Overall I have very few critiques of Skyward. I would like something that communicates more with parents of how to maximize their use of Skyward. For the not-so digitally inclined parents, it can be a bit intimidating to navigate this database system.,10,I believe that we have had a great Return on our Investment as we have been using this software at a district-wide level for several years now and it keeps being an effective management software system for our students and families.,,Google Drive, Apple iCloudThe sky is the limit with Skyward!I work in a high school and it is being used across the whole district. The district employs about 1,000 staff, but at the high school level we have around 175. We use it for our personal information, like payroll, time off, personnel file, etc. We can also use it to look up student schedules, grades, and behavior history.,Skyward does well with managing the students' information. It was easy to find a student's schedule, grades, behavior record, or family information because it was all separated out. Another strength is the system’s way of requesting time off. All of the steps are laid out in a organized manner, and you can check the status of the request with one click. Skyward also pairs well with other applications. Whenever I need a substitute for a class, Skyward links me to Aesop (the absence software) and allows me to put in the request. When I’m done, Skyward updates automatically with that information.,One area Skyward can improve is the terminology used for its headings. The caseload of students that I manage is labeled under “My Activites” instead of using “My Caseload”. Another area of improvement is the way grades are calculated. My school uses a standards-based gradebook and Skward has a hard time calculating the grades the way we want it. Skyward can also improve in the customization of the homepage. There are too many buttons to click to get to the screen for attendance, and it’s hard to put a shortcut on the homepage.,7,Overall, Skyward has had a positive impact. One way is the student information that is shared and available to see. If I need to know something about a student’s academic history, Skyward has it. Another way it has impacted our district is the way it has streamlined all of our payroll information. I can see check histories, different parts of my salary, and the year-end totals all in one place. Skyward has also made a big impact on our district by making it easier to communicate with parents. All the parents’ contact information is available and email is even included in the program.,Infinite Campus,Infinite CampusSkyward Student Information SystemSkyward is being used district wide. It has solved our issue with student privacy and report issues.,Skyward allows us to customize SIS accesses with security groups. This way each user only has access to what they need. Skyward allows us to customize reports. We are able to pull specific data rather than relying on pre-set reports Skyward allows us to run state report by building or by district.,Data mining could be a little overwhelming for users who do not use it often.,10,Skyward has worked well with our district. We were looking for a product that would give parents a single log in for all of their students. We wanted to give teachers options to customize their gradebooks, Skyward offers this. We also wanted to be able restrict access when needed.,Student Management AND Student AccountabilityAt the high school where I am employed, we, the teachers, use Skyward to keep a record of grades, score students at the end of each grading period, and keep parents informed on their child's academic progress. Skyward allows the teachers to have multiple places to record student grades, to help prevent flawed grading. Also, by keeping parents directly informed of their children's grades, it removes the temptation for the students to be dishonest about their grades.,Skyward organizes student grades in an easy to read way. Skyward keeps track of all of the contact information of each student and is organized according to the best contact person. Skyward allows the students to keep track of their own grades, and allows the teacher to keep their students informed.,Skyward is not particularly user-friendly. It seems like an out-dated program that is difficult to navigate at first. Skyward has many helpful tools, but they are difficult to find and understand. Skyward doesn't allow the students and parents to see the comments that a teacher may put on an assignment's grade and reduces the level of understanding the parent could have about their student's grade. Children and parents see the same information. There should be a different viewing option for both.,6,I am not sure of this information.Glance at Skyward Student ManagementSkyward is currently being used as a method to share student information across years and locations. Student information on grades, behavior, attendance and notes are able to be seen and accessed by anyone in the school district with administration. The entire district, close to 700 employees can access information at the type of a key instead of having to wait for information to be sent individually and waiting. It has really increased productivity as well.,increases productivity, in that no longer are we waiting for paper documents. it can all be accessed anywhere you have internet access. Ease of information that can be accessed quickly and securely. The interface is really easy to use. Most things are labeled and are easy to interpret.,A better looking interface would be awesome because it would look more appealing. Instead of having drop-down menus, we could have buttons just on the front screen with our favorites instead of the limited favorites that are currently offered. Better use of the screen, currently it loads in such a small window and then when made full screen it looks funny.,10,It has increased productivity and efficiency and saved on faxes. We no longer need to mainly use those previous aforementioned types of interoffice mail. We can just log in and look for the information in front of us.,PowerSchool Special Education,Skyward ERP, Google Classroom
Skyward Student Management System

Skyward Student Management System Reviews

Skyward Student Management System
Filter 6 vetted Skyward Student Management System reviews and ratings
Lindsay K. Riessen profile photo
November 12, 2018

Skyward Student Management System: "Review of Skyward by a Teacher who uses it daily!"

• It allows a family-friendly interface that connects the teachers, school and parents to share information about assignments and grades with current and real-time updated information.
  • It allows schools to be able to connect siblings in families by showing where other children within the same family are located.
  • It allows a messaging option so that teachers can communicate with parents and guardians and students of multiple classes all at the same time.
  • It allows multi-class grading that helps teachers be able to implement assignments that apply to more than one class but not all.
  • I would love to see teachers have a more user-friendly dashboard for each student where there were icons/buttons that could be pushed to take you to that student's IEP, grades, etc. It's all on a sidebar now, but some thing you have to do a few click-thru's to get to. Overall I have very few critiques of Skyward.
  • I would like something that communicates more with parents of how to maximize their use of Skyward. For the not-so digitally inclined parents, it can be a bit intimidating to navigate this database system.
It's very well suited for teachers being able to access IEP information. We can go right into a student's record and pull up their electronic IEP or 504 plan to see what specific accommodations that student needs. We also have a way on Skyward of putting tiny little icon alerts next to each students name on the grading and attendance lists, so that we can easily be reminded which kids fit into district categories without giving all of their personal details.
Read Lindsay K. Riessen's full review
Brad Owens profile photo
November 12, 2018

Skyward Student Management System Review: "The sky is the limit with Skyward!"

• Skyward does well with managing the students' information. It was easy to find a student's schedule, grades, behavior record, or family information because it was all separated out.
  • Another strength is the system’s way of requesting time off. All of the steps are laid out in a organized manner, and you can check the status of the request with one click.
  • Skyward also pairs well with other applications. Whenever I need a substitute for a class, Skyward links me to Aesop (the absence software) and allows me to put in the request. When I’m done, Skyward updates automatically with that information.
  • One area Skyward can improve is the terminology used for its headings. The caseload of students that I manage is labeled under “My Activites” instead of using “My Caseload”.
  • Another area of improvement is the way grades are calculated. My school uses a standards-based gradebook and Skward has a hard time calculating the grades the way we want it.
  • Skyward can also improve in the customization of the homepage. There are too many buttons to click to get to the screen for attendance, and it’s hard to put a shortcut on the homepage.
Skyward is well suited in the payroll and personnel information. Checking recent paychecks is easy to do and calculating future paychecks is a great tool for budgeting. The grade book is one area that doesn’t suit Skyward well. It is too cluttered, not easy to follow, and it is not very customizable.
Read Brad Owens's full review
Lucinda Fox profile photo
November 12, 2018

Skyward Student Management System Review: "Skyward Student Information System"

• Skyward allows us to customize SIS accesses with security groups. This way each user only has access to what they need.
  • Skyward allows us to customize reports. We are able to pull specific data rather than relying on pre-set reports
  • Skyward allows us to run state report by building or by district.
  • Data mining could be a little overwhelming for users who do not use it often.
Skyward is very user friendly. Each user can customize (to an extent) how they want their access to look.
Read Lucinda Fox's full review
November 12, 2018

Skyward Student Management System Review: "Student Management AND Student Accountability"

• Skyward organizes student grades in an easy to read way.
  • Skyward keeps track of all of the contact information of each student and is organized according to the best contact person.
  • Skyward allows the students to keep track of their own grades, and allows the teacher to keep their students informed.
  • Skyward is not particularly user-friendly. It seems like an out-dated program that is difficult to navigate at first.
  • Skyward has many helpful tools, but they are difficult to find and understand.
  • Skyward doesn't allow the students and parents to see the comments that a teacher may put on an assignment's grade and reduces the level of understanding the parent could have about their student's grade.
  • Children and parents see the same information. There should be a different viewing option for both.
I really like keeping track of grades digitally. It is easier to read and allows me to utilize it for data better. I also really love that the parents can be kept informed on their child's grades, but it can be problematic for the children to keep track of their grades the same way. Skyward is great in theory because students get to keep up with their grades, but in my experience with the students having access to their grades, the students check in excessively about their grades. Because I might be in the process of grading and adjustments might still need to be made, I cannot put anything in Skyward until I'm prepared to have half of my students asking why they got the grades that they did at once. I would appreciate Skyward more if either the student view was different from the parent view of the site and if comments were visible to both students and parents. The students should be informed, but with better quality information.
November 12, 2018

Skyward Student Management System Review: "Glance at Skyward Student Management"

• increases productivity, in that no longer are we waiting for paper documents. it can all be accessed anywhere you have internet access.
  • Ease of information that can be accessed quickly and securely.
  • The interface is really easy to use. Most things are labeled and are easy to interpret.
  • A better looking interface would be awesome because it would look more appealing.
  • Instead of having drop-down menus, we could have buttons just on the front screen with our favorites instead of the limited favorites that are currently offered.
  • Better use of the screen, currently it loads in such a small window and then when made full screen it looks funny.
  • Well suited - Skyward works wonders for sharing information about students. Specifically, it allows that information to be quickly accessed and appraised.
  • Less appropriate - Skyward isn't great when it comes to finding information under certain tabs. Sometimes it takes multiple clicks in order to find where a piece of information might be stored.

Skyward Student Management System Scorecard Summary